◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,020 comments
Points of Interest

This week S.N.A.I.L. will be running at Silverstone International, Spa Francorchamps, and Nurburgring GP/F. Silverstone is making it's fourth appearance in a row. Spa Francorchamps is making it's GT6 S.N.A.I.L. debut and Nurburgring GP/F is making it's second appearance. Without further ado, here are your points of interest for this week.

Silverstone International

Exp_map-southern.gif

The track made it's first appearance in the GT series with the 2013 GT Academy time trial. The track was then included in GT6 with all three versions available.

With the multiple layouts of the track, there are some questionable areas when it comes to track boundaries. These areas along with basic examples are included in the photos below.

This photo shows the inside of turn one or "Abbey" on the map. The red/white rumble strips are considered to be part of the track. The green painted area and the two red squares are NOT part of the track here or on any other part of the track.

AuJmssW.jpg

This photo is taken at the exit of "Abbey" on the outside of the track. In this case the white line represents the edge of the track until you reach the red/white rumble strips which are part of the track. As always, cones and pylons are not to be contacted at any time.

yXb65rG.jpg

This photo is taken at the apex of the "Village Corner." There's nothing out of the ordinary here but the red/white rumble strips are part of the track. The red painted area is NOT part of the track in this, or any other spot on the track.

VysFmvO.jpg

This photo is taken at the exit of the "Village Corner" just before the "Link." This shows a red/white rumble strip which is part of the track and the green painted area that is NOT part of the track here or anywhere else.

2mmvHrB.jpg

This last photo is taken at the exit of the "Link" and may be the most ambiguous area of the track when it comes to boundaries. This is the spot that the other layout of the track would meet with this layout so there is open pavement and curbs and lines that don't apply to this layout. As always, cones are NOT to be contacted at any time. In this area of the track, the white line will serve as the track boundary. The red/white rumble strips used for the corner on the other layout are NOT part of this track.

BfvfOAS.jpg

Spa Francorchamps
spa-francorchamps.jpg

Spa Francorchamps was originally opened for business in August of 1921. The first scheduled race did not take place because there was only one entrant for the event. The first race held at Spa was a motorcycle race in 1922. The first 24hr race would be held in 1924. The original course was a 14km layout that featured long straights and was built to be one of the fastest tracks in Europe. Formula One would run on the 14 km layout until 1970 when the series cited safety and security reasons with the track. Modifications were made and the current layout was introduced in 1979 and Formula One would return to the track. Numerous run off areas were added to the track and the distance shortened by removing some of the long straights.
The track boundaries at Spa are not difficult to understand but can be difficult to follow. In all situations, the red/white rumble strips are part of the track but anything located behind them is not.

Exit of turn one. The red/white rumble strips are part of the track. The solid white line next to the strips is NOT part of the track and everything to the left of that line is NOT part of the track. If you find yourself out here, you must lift off the throttle and track re-entry rules do apply to you.

a0uG9Yi.jpg

The next three photos are taken from Eau Rouge. In all of the photos, the red/white rumble strips are part of the track. The solid black and everything to the left of it in photo 1 are NOT track. The solid white line to the left of the strips in the second photo and everything left of it are NOT part of the track. In the third photo, the solid black line and everything to the right of it is NOT part of the track. Once the red/white strips end, the white line is the edge of the track. If you find yourself OB, you need to lift off the throttle to avoid a penalty from the stewards and normal track re-entry rules will apply to you.
GECqMt7.jpg

udRB7fQ.jpg

kFqPzDH.jpg

This photo shows the end of the rumble strips where the white line becomes the track boundary. Any area to the right of the white line past the end of the red/white strips is considered to be out of bounds.
zHQeQ6D.jpg

This is turn 5 and the photo serves as an example for the entire track. It shows the red/white rumble strips as part of the track and the grass to the right of it is NOT part of the track.

S4JRZJI.jpg

Turn 6 shown here. The red/white strips are part of the track. The green area and the paved area on the left of the green area are not part of the track. If you find yourself here, you will need to slow down to negate any advantage you may have gained and wait to re-enter the track until you can do so without affecting any other driver.

zGX3UJ3.jpg

This is a section of track between turn 6 and turn 7. The white line serves as the track boundary here on the left side of the track where it connects the two sets of rumble strips.

O9tNZYl.jpg

This is the inside of turn 7 and the photo serves as an example for the rest of the track. The red/white rumble strips are part of the track. The brownish area directly to the right of the strips is NOT considered part of the track.

psMjiNn.jpg

Here is the exit of turn 7. Once again, we have the red/white strips as part of the track but the green area to the left of it is NOT part of the track. Once the rumble strips end, the white line is the track boundary. The different color paving at the end of the rumble strips is NOT part of the track.

89vdEVK.jpg

This is the outside of Pouhon or turn 10 and 11. The red/white strips are part of the track. The green area and everything to the right of the green are NOT part of the track. If you end up here, you will need to slow down to negate any advantage gained and return to the proper racing surface without affecting any other driver.

mJLD5z5.jpg

This is the exit of turn 17. As is the case everywhere else on the track, the red/white rumble strips are part of the track but the green area to the right is NOT part of the track. Once the red/white strips end, the white line becomes the boundary and the green area is still NOT part of the track.

n06lGbW.jpg

This is an overview of the final chicane. The entrance is at the bottom of the photo. The green area approaching the turn is NOT part of the track. You can't drive out there to improve your entry angle to the right hander. The red/white strips are part of the track throughout this section. Any green pavement, including the exit of the section (not pictured) is NOT part of the track.

ClFzeVu.jpg

Nurburgring GP/F
europe.jpg

There isn't a lot of history involved with the Nurburgring GP/F layout. In it's current configuration, it has only been around since 2002. It has hosted F1 races and is set to be on an alternating schedule to host the German Gran Prix. The track was originally built in 1984 when it was added to the Nordschleife after that track was deemed unsafe for F1 competition. It was determined that a new circuit be built instead of completely changing the historic Nordschleife. That decision gave birth to the new GP/F layout and created the endurance layouts for the track as a whole.

Track boundaries are pretty straight forward with a couple of grey areas where the various layouts come together. The photos below will explain the various types of curbing at the track and clear up the areas where other layouts come in and out of the GP/F circuit.

This first shot is showing the exit of turn 1. The paved area to the left of the white line is NOT part of track for this layout. It is paved because it connects two sections of track that are used for the endurance layout. You are required to have at least two tires on or to the right of this white line while exiting the corner.

j6jIvXV.jpg

This shot is taken at the exit of turn 2 looking toward turn 3. The red/white rumble strips are considered part of the track. The green area and the run off area to the right of these strips is NOT part of the track. If you find yourself out here, you must lift off the throttle and return to the racing surface when you can do so without affecting another driver in any way.

KKXkFg2.jpg

This picture it taken as you are exiting the Mercedes Arena area of the track and serves as an example of the curbing on the inside of a turn at this track. The red/white rumble strips are part of the track here and at every corner on the track. The grey area to the inside of the strips is NOT part of the track.

8sWLsRs.jpg

This is the exit of the turn leaving the Mercedes Arena. This is a part of the track where two layouts come together. The red/white rumble strips are part of the track but as soon as they end, the white line becomes the edge of the track. The green area and the paved area to the left of the rumble strips and then the white line are NOT part of the track. You must keep two tires on or to the right of the rumble strips, and as soon as they end, the white line.

UZesK66.jpg

Another example of curbing that appears on the inside of the track. Once again the red/white is part of the track, the green paved area is NOT part of the track.

FflfzX5.jpg

Showing the exit of turn 9 here. The same as before, the red/white is part of the track and the green paved and other run off area to the right is NOT part of the track. If you end up out here, you will need to lift off the throttle and rejoin the track when it is safe to do so.

l5zRASN.jpg

The next two shot are of the chicane before the last turn back onto the front straight. Once again, the red/white rumble strips are part of the track, the green area behind those strips is NOT part of the track. In addition, you should never make contact with the barrier in the second picture even if you can still have two wheels on track while doing so.

ExnZE45.jpg

c2LCpFJ.jpg

Last edited:
the camera went to the wrong car at the most critical corner so you don't know how the Volvo was able to make a pass.. but all else seems pretty legit. Area 51 usually runs like this...

you can see the volvo diving back to the outside before the camera switches and in the background of the second shot you see them almost side by side at the middle of the hairpin. That's rather text book move but adds to the excitement, the real deal was when Jamie Whincup made the move through the esses

Sharing this because it's so ****ing awesome and also a good reminder to leave adequate room to the driver next to you if you want super intense battle tonight.

YES, YES, that's a feel good moment regardless of which driver you are!
Battle it out, be fair and give room but don't give room, if you know what i mean!

I've had battles like that and even loosing in a battle like that feels good!

Hey I accidentally bought the wrong version...it's the same car it's just I can't change my numbers....that's the only difference between the two cars...I got the Megane Trophy '11 again same as the base model it's just I can't change the numbers....can I make an exception and race tonight?

Hey I accidentally bought the wrong version...it's the same car it's just I can't change my numbers....that's the only difference between the two cars...I got the Megane Trophy '11 again same as the base model it's just I can't change the numbers....can I make an exception and race tonight?

Just buy the right car.

What he said. Everybody must be in the same car. No exceptions. You have plenty of time to make the credits to buy the base model.

There's plenty of time to get enough credits to buy the correct version so just run a few high paying events and buy the right car

yeee-haw

Just hit 3x 2:28 laps, pretty stoked, best was 2:28.171 which was agonizing due to how close to 27 it was. Happy though due to the fact my previous best was 2:29.xxx.
Practice and practice races with the big dogs has helpedme a lot this week, now to translate that intoa packed race track..

Greetings SNAILs and Happy Sunday!

As I was reviewing my dozens and dozens of pictures I wanted to share with you all one of my favorite pictures from the past few weeks. I think this picture truly shows the SNAIL spirit of racing with respect, camaraderie and speed. When taking pictures I always try to display this spirit.

Sorry for the lack of banners this week. I think we need to place a help wanted add for a banner creator:)

Was just checking out Asseto Corsa. Looks pretty good but was just wondering if it would work with windows 8. It says vista but I know nothing about computers so any help would be appreciated.

Was just checking out Asseto Corsa. Looks pretty good but was just wondering if it would work with windows 8. It says vista but I know nothing about computers so any help would be appreciated.

Vista is a minimum, it will work with 7 or 8 as well.

As far as banners go is it just basically a list of good pictures?
If so I'd like to apply. :)
It involves choosing an image from those posted. Adding the track icon to it and then sizing it and posting in on the thread. I make the final banner 800pixels wide

here is a post with a couple I created
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/◆-s-n-a-i-l-spec-racing-for-all-skill-levels-presented-by-allen-berg-racing-schools-spots-open.235094/page-1637#post-9377541

You think you could do that?

Back