◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,880 comments
It is cool that Canada gets a chance at GT Academy this year! It will make getting to the final 32 a bit harder for the Americans. Good luck to all the SNAILs that are going to try!

Since I grabbed a TOTP post without meaning to let me just say again

Good Luck to all the SNAILs that are going to try to make it to the GT Academy Finals.

Lets get more this year than we had last year!

Last edited:
I gotta quick question for you guys, I have a dfgt, I can use manual but I don't like the sequential gear shifter so I just mostly use automatic in important races. Do you think its faster with the paddle shifters or the sequential shifter.

With the sequential I'm finding it to be hard to control some cars without srf one handed while I shift.

With paddle shifters I have to change my hand positioning because of where the paddles are and they moves with the wheel. Which feels awkward but feels more realistic than a regular shifter.

For example on a certain track my fastest lap is 0:58.xxx, using automatic, but I think its possible to be faster with manual in certain situations.

I gotta quick question for you guys, I have a dfgt, I can use manual but I don't like the sequential gear shifter so I just mostly use automatic in important races. Do you think its faster with the paddle shifters or the sequential shifter.

With the sequential I'm finding it to be hard to control some cars without srf one handed while I shift.

With paddle shifters I have to change my hand positioning because of where the paddles are and they moves with the wheel. Which feels awkward but feels more realistic than a regular shifter.

Paddles and check these out. http://www.granturgismo.com/

manual is a TON faster, not only because you can shift at optimal points, but because it will help you greatly with engine braking. When i had the DFGT I used the paddles, it just takes some time to get used to. What i found (except for a few cars and corners) that 90% of the time if you are turning the wheel so much that you have to move your hands you are turning the wheel more than needed.

manual is a TON faster, not only because you can shift at optimal points, but because it will help you greatly with engine braking. When i had the DFGT I used the paddles, it just takes some time to get used to. What i found (except for a few cars and corners) that 90% of the time if you are turning the wheel so much that you have to move your hands you are turning the wheel more than needed.

Yea it seems since I'm using paddles I have a tighter grip and use less turning radius and I find that Im hitting apexs more accurate and a tad quicker.

Corrected. @Rallywagon the link for SNAIL birthdate is pointing to the inactive Google Doc.
Not sure if this was addressed, about 10 pages between then and now, however. I won't be looking at all that. I have no idea about this. I did not set up the anniversary doc.

Yea it seems since I'm using paddles I have a tighter grip and use less turning radius and I find that Im hitting apexs more accurate and a tad quicker.
The problem I have when using manual is in the heat of battle I forget to shift , I used to be manual all the way GT1 - GT4 , since GT5 and racing online auto just works better for me.
I'm gonna try manual tonight in practice and see what happens , I know I need to if I wanna get faster

Is anyone form the WC division interested in running some practice tonight around 10:00 Pacific time?

I am thinking nothing official just doing the following:

No qualifying
2 lap races
3-4 races per combo reverse grid after race 1.

Start with the totally new combo then the Apricot Hill followed by a few at Tsukuba.

Should only take about an hour to run through all of that.

Strangely for me, the first game I started using was GT5.. I just can't run manual on any other racing games. On GT6 I'm still using manual on the DS3 just like GT5, but on any other racing games is strictly auto.

Is anyone form the WC division interested in running some practice tonight around 10:00 Pacific time?

I am thinking nothing official just doing the following:

No qualifying
2 lap races
3-4 races per combo reverse grid after race 1.

Start with the totally new combo then the Apricot Hill followed by a few at Tsukuba.

Should only take about an hour to run through all of that.

I might hang around if I am not tooo burnt out after the regular practice

Just made a room, driving the GTR getting some practice, track/car can be changed if others join.

Room # 1472 6681 3759 3055 3135

Cheers,

Don

Last edited:
Not sure if this was addressed, about 10 pages between then and now, however. I won't be looking at all that. I have no idea about this. I did not set up the anniversary doc.
I know you didn't. I tagged you because no one but you can edit your post.

GTP KLUTCH
GT RACECAMP BEGINS TOMORROW GUYS FR ME IF YOU DESIRE TO DO SO WILL BE GIVING FULL FLEDGED INSTRUCTION I WILL BE GOING TO A GO KART TRACK TOMMORROW TO PRACTICE FOR GT ACADEMY AND AS SOON AS I ARRIVE HOME ITS FULL FLEDGED INSTUCTION OF EVERYTHING IKNOW AND HAVE LEARNED ON ALL SKILL LEVELS. I LOOK FORWARD TO IT GUYS...... RACE HARD.. RACE CLEAN. RACE SNAILLLLLLLL.....GT ACADEMY BABYYYYYYYYY

Back