◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,845 comments
2 hours??? The whole thing only took me about 25 minutes and the in game install was most of that. The actual download only took about four minutes.

It'll probably end up being two hours for me as well, however my internet has been playing up all day so....as I write that, it finished. Hour and a half for me then :lol:

since some of yall mentioned you like the multiple cars banners
i was finally able to make some for the lambo with todays practice sessions
here are some alternatives
tho i like the original one the best because its from the "sunny" side

jg5xr7.jpg

254xypv.jpg

2jbmvj6.jpg
The second one with only two cars!
That's my vote.

What is that new gauge on that nissan vgt ... i noticed it says it getting energy from breaking and loosing when hittin the gas but i never noticed the battery moving at all ... is that just some useless design or do i actually have to press something?

What is that new gauge on that nissan vgt ... i noticed it says it getting energy from breaking and loosing when hittin the gas but i never noticed the battery moving at all ... is that just some useless design or do i actually have to press something?
Most likely automatic, note the arrow changing direction and color, I'll try Sarthe w/o chicanes, that should drain it.

Btw Nightshade from the Nissan is my new favorite color.

Edit: tested at Daytona tri-oval stock no oil change.

Ran 4 full laps with hybrid boost
Hit the limiter @214mph in the front straight before turn 1, best lap 43.197
Empty on lap 5
Lap 6, 44.935, 205mph in the same spot.

Seems to be working fine but regeneration is pretty quick under braking/coast

Testing post I made
There was some question about the hybrid function on the Nissan VGT.

It is automatic, no push to pass.

Charge & drain functions are indicated by an addition to the fuel gauge.

Red arrow pointed left during drain
View attachment 191944

Green arrow pointed right during charge.

View attachment 191945

It does drain even when fuel/tire wear is turned off.

I tested at Daytona tri-oval, stock no oil change.

Ran 4 full laps with hybrid boost
Hit the limiter @214mph in the front straight before turn 1, best lap 43.197
Empty on lap 5
Lap 6, 44.935, 205mph in the same spot.

Seems to be working fine but regeneration is pretty quick under braking/coast.

Last edited:
DO NOT CHANGE CUSTOM WHEELS!!!!!

V1.10 has a pretty serious bug right now, Clicking on a custom wheel in the GTAuto tab is causing lockups and corrupted HDDs, game and save data. I would avoid it at all costs until it is fixed.

EDIT: fixed with hot fix
http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/news/00_4370668.html
The following issue has been addressed:

- An issue wherein the game hangs under certain circumstances while changing the wheels.

Last edited:
DO NOT CHANGE CUSTOM WHEELS!!!!!

V1.10 has a pretty serious bug right now, Clicking on a custom wheel in the GTAuto tab is causing lockups and corrupted HDDs, game and save data. I would avoid it at all costs until it is fixed.

Is your info ok? I hope you didn't lose anything. They just released a hot patch that is supposed to fix this issue.

Last edited:
The Best Overall Laps during this week; if you've Done or know of a better lap. Please inform me.

GTR GT500: 1:56.451 (GTP_LLOYDZ)

RX7: 1:21.986 (GTP_LLOYDZ)

Lamborghini: 2:03.867 (GTP_LLOYDZ)

As a D6 driver I am in awe of these times but I don't even want to think about them while practicing, after 20 laps at Silverstone my best time is a 2:13.782, a full 10 sec's slower than Loyd. I know once I start putting some good clean laps together I'm hoping to get that time down.
That being said, it would be nice to have a mid division driver post some times each week as well, even a fast D5 guy, so us slower guys would have a more reasonable goal to work towards. Just a thought.

As a D6 driver I am in awe of these times but I don't even want to think about them while practicing, after 20 laps at Silverstone my best time is a 2:13.782, a full 10 sec's slower than Loyd. I know once I start putting some good clean laps together I'm hoping to get that time down.
That being said, it would be nice to have a mid division driver post some times each week as well, even a fast D5 guy, so us slower guys would have a more reasonable goal to work towards. Just a thought.
my best/avg (D5)
Suzuka 1:58.8/ low 1:59s
Motegi 1:23.9/ mid 1:24s
Silverstone 2:07.9/ upper 2:08s

Well, I know what I'll be doing tonight whilst waiting for the review deadline to expire. Downloading the hot fix for that custom wheel issue and then hitting the seasonals for the new VGTs. That Aston Marton looks horrible in 2 tone paint.

The list of cars we can put number plates on is growing.

Now all we need is some community features and a race data export function. Maybe a way to save the qualifying session replays too.

It is paintable and reverts to a single color, but the wheels stay, so get the wheel color you want to have, and paint the body

I hope I remember this advice when picking which color to have mine in. "Focus on the wheels. Focus on the wheels"

I hope I remember this advice when picking which color to have mine in. "Focus on the wheels. Focus on the wheels"
  • Dark bronze face dark bronze carbon blades polished bronze hub light green nut
  • Dark bronze face dark bronze carbon blades polished bronze hub yellow nut
  • Medium silver face brushed silver blades polished medium silver hub orange-red nut
  • Black face black/silver marbled blades polished light silver hub light silver nut
  • Light silver face silver carbon blades polished medium silver hub red nut
  • Medium silver face carbon blades polished dark silver hub black nut
  • Medium silver face carbon blades polished medium silver hub red nut
  • Dark silver face blue carbon blades polished medium silver hub red nut
  • Light silver face carbon blades polished dark silver hub light yellow-green nut

Last edited:
I hate to rain on everybody's parade, but nobody will be painting brake calipers for use in SNAIL. The update notes state it can only be done if you have the racing brakes installed on your car.
But, don't some cars come with racing brakes to begin with?

But, don't some cars come with racing brakes to begin with?
Mostly race cars, which are unpaintable
so far I've only seen the "Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car" as having racing brakes stock & paintable.
It is 1.8 million Cr, so also not usable in SNAIL.

Circuito de la Sierra has been added to track database.

Alfa Romeo VGT info has been added.
Anyone up for a 12 min single lap track combo? :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm d6 with you and ive been running consistent 2:12s

Don't count on me. I'm heading out of town as soon as I leave work today; my brother's fiancee is having their first kid so I'm headed down there.
Pass on my congratulations to your brother and his fiancee uncle dabneyd. :cheers:

Okay, I understand. Maybe starting next week, I might start a times Table/leaderboard of some sort, showing the best times of each individual division.

PD has stated that they fixed an issue with the game becoming unstable when selecting Mount Panorama. Before we allow the track to be chosen, we need to do some testing to see if it's really fixed.

This Sunday night, I would like for each division to run a 3 lap race at Mount Panorama immediately following the collection of votes for least favorite combo.

If you have to log off and get some sleep, that's fine, but the more people we can get to run a test race, the more accurate our results will be.

I will need the host of each division to report back with the number of drivers that start the race, the number of drivers that DC during the race, and any unusual issues that any driver has during that race. This means that if you are a driver and have anything out of the ordinary occur during this race, you need to let the host know about it and provide as much detail as possible.

Depending on the results of this test, we may be able to open up Mount Panorama for selection in SNAIL.

Ran there for 4 hours this morning with no issues. I even started races and rain.

That's nice. People were able to do that before but when we put a full grid on it during practice, it all went downhill. That is the reason I want a full grid to test it on Sunday night.

I was one of those people who couldn't even do a lap before issues arose. So, 4 hours for me is a positive thing. But, I understand, I am just putting this mornings experience for you to know.

Back