◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,843 comments
Getting some load...pause...reload page moments that are unusual for me - usually hiccups if there are lots of pics, but, yes, I am experiencing some sketchiness as well.

CgxncGx1c19waG90b3MaEzU3MTkxNDAyNjYyMTM2NTMzMTM
I've made a couple driving rigs, with real car seat. They worked great, but I really like my store bought rig they best.

Attachments

• DSC_0050~2.jpg
    DSC_0050~2.jpg
    632.7 KB · Views: 7
Finally got round to putting some of my own music into GT6! Pretty good. Enjoying driving to my own tunes, although there is the odd ambient number that comes on...not the best to push to! Need to come up with a proper driving playlist...i've only got 100% The Flashbulb on it at the moment. Guy is waaaaaay to diverse.

Throwing the car round the corners at full pelt to some good upbeat electronica, then suddenly some classical jazz gets thrown on! Such a difference in feeling! Needless to say I starting doing worse to the jazz.

Do any of you guys use your own tunes?

Finally got round to putting some of my own music into GT6! Pretty good. Enjoying driving to my own tunes, although there is the odd ambient number that comes on...not the best to push to! Need to come up with a proper driving playlist...i've only got 100% The Flashbulb on it at the moment. Guy is waaaaaay to diverse.

Throwing the car round the corners at full pelt to some good upbeat electronica, then suddenly some classical jazz gets thrown on! Such a difference in feeling! Needless to say I starting doing worse to the jazz.

Do any of you guys use your own tunes?
Yep as a matter of fact I do.
I listen to the soundtrack of the car:)

I had turned the music off for a bit, as I wasn't the biggest fan of the default music. Although there is a couple that got me going. I was definetly worse with the music off completely.

I guess it's because I like to drive in real life with music. I can't stand driving along a motorway/street with nothing in the background. Hell, i'll even listen to some guy on the radio I don't like talk rubbish just for something to be there.

I've heard some people listening to audio books whilst driving. When/if I get myself a car again I might start doing that. Could test it out on Sunday. Race whilst taking in some 'The Sky At Night'. :lol:

Daft Punk's TRON: Legacy soundtrack. So good for long endurance drives. I have a second stereo to play my iPod while my main speakers are for everything else. That way I can always have custom background music for anything.

Need to get that myself actually. Would be good. Ah, I no longer have speakers. I plug my laptop into my TV for music at the moment as it's the best thing I have (it's a lot better than rubbish laptop speakers, can actually hear a little of the bass)

Well, I still have my speakers, they don't work though, I use them as a Coffee Table whilst i'm racing. And one day i'll get round to removing the magnets from them...to then not do anything with them! Haha...

I'm a bit of an audiophile. My PS3 is hooked up with an optical audio cable for pure 5.1 surround. If I have a car circling around me I'll hear it move around the room exactly where it is in relation to the car. It's perfect for hearing someone come up behind me and on which side. Giant subwoofer too makes engines sound glorious.

Ah, that's where I differ from a lot of people here. I'm not very serious when it comes to driving/racing....probably why I can't win any races! Haha.

My friend and I went go-karting the other day. 2 sessions, spent the first trying to get a good time, and the 2nd just throwing the kart about. 2nd session was waaaaaaaaaaay more fun.

Couldn't feel my arms for a couple days afterwards! Totally worth it. (Getting pretty unfit due to a torn meniscus, not been training since August!!!)

Any advice on how to beat Nurburgring survival race in seasonal events.
Can't get past lap five without constantly spinning out in the rain.:crazy:

Any advice on how to beat Nurburgring survival race in seasonal events.
Can't get past lap five without constantly spinning out in the rain.:crazy:
Start on Intermediates and then on lap 6 pit for gas and take either softs or intermediates. The softs are skiddy for lap 6 and then as the track dries they get faster and you will overtake the rest of the field who are inters or VERY worn Softs. But...I ran my Gold with inters for the whole race and won by 14 seconds....but tires needed to be babied big time. Had 1s and twos and threes. Oh yea...Pescarolo Hybrid.

I've heard some people listening to audio books whilst driving.

This is the only thing I listen to when I'm in my real car. Been doing it for well over 6-7 years now. Keeps me from speeding and generally driving like an ass:censored:, well most of the time. :sly:

When I play GT the only thing I hear is the car and the tires as some have said before. Music is too distracting when I'm trying to concentrate on the cars around me. It's like my brain has just enough RAM to process the racing - throw in music and instant 'blue screen of death' :lol:

My mind just kept wandering when there was nothing. I'd start to sing myself, followed by laughing at myself for how terrible a singer I am, followed by a short fantasy of what i'd do if I was a famous singer, followed by more laughter.....and so on and so forth. I need to distract myself to keep myself from getting distracted!.....yeah, that! Haha.

We're all wired differently at the end of the day!

EDIT - In other news, i've made it to the fantasy superbowl with my fantasy american football team! Little bit surprised as I took Adrian Peterson with my first pick (what a waste!)

Tonights (mostly your Afternoons) 1st game we are wanting the Eagles to mainly score Field Goals....and lots of them. Preferably from 50yds.

(yes, none of my friends care about american football, and I don't see my team mates as i'm injured right now, had to let someone know i'm in the final! haha)

Last edited:
Start on Intermediates and then on lap 6 pit for gas and take either softs or intermediates. The softs are skiddy for lap 6 and then as the track dries they get faster and you will overtake the rest of the field who are inters or VERY worn Softs. But...I ran my Gold with inters for the whole race and won by 14 seconds....but tires needed to be babied big time. Had 1s and twos and threes. Oh yea...Pescarolo Hybrid.
I'll give it a try thanks sir 👍

did somebody post some pictures for the combos?
its been a while since i was on and the alert function dont seem to work for me the way it should

This is the only thing I listen to when I'm in my real car. Been doing it for well over 6-7 years now. Keeps me from speeding and generally driving like an ass:censored:, well most of the time. :sly:

When I play GT the only thing I hear is the car and the tires as some have said before. Music is too distracting when I'm trying to concentrate on the cars around me. It's like my brain has just enough RAM to process the racing - throw in music and instant 'blue screen of death' :lol:
I'm listen to audio books as well. Getting ready to listen to the Wheel of Time again. Michael Kramer and Kate Reading do a great job with those character's. My personal favorite was Frank Muller. That guy did an amazing job with the first half of the Dark Tower series. Wish he could have finished.

We are running the Lotus on the small grand Valley forward track - not on the speedway correct?

I can't imagine we would be getting six laps on the big track...

Back