◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,880 comments
You're right about the fact that the lines at La Sarthe often have nothing to do with racing. But in Mulsanne's case, no one actually uses the part of the track beyond the line at the 24 hours of Le Mans because the tarmac beyond the line is a sloppy, dirty mess. In GT5, it's just as good (or almost as good) as the surface inside the line.

For the record, I'm not arguing for a restriction there. I'll be happy either way. I just want to know for sure what the rules will be.

It's not within my scope of authority to make a decision on this one.

You're right about the fact that the lines at La Sarthe often have nothing to do with racing. But in Mulsanne's case, no one actually uses the part of the track beyond the line at the 24 hours of Le Mans because the tarmac beyond the line is a sloppy, dirty mess. In GT5, it's just as good (or almost as good) as the surface inside the line.

For the record, I'm not arguing for a restriction there. I'll be happy either way. I just want to know for sure what the rules will be.

I'm not sure if I'm the go to guy on this kind of stuff, but here's my opinion. I don't think there's huge advantage to using it and in fact it's a lot riskier, given the proximity of the sand. It is a paved area and has a well defined edge to it, I'd use that as the track boundary.

Video so you can see where we're talking about. Mulsanne corner is visible at 7 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcKxQCwjYIM

I'm not sure if I'm the go to guy on this kind of stuff, but here's my opinion. I don't think there's huge advantage to using it and in fact it's a lot riskier, given the proximity of the sand. It is a paved area and has a well defined edge to it, I'd use that as the track boundary.

Cool. Thanks for clearing that up for me. See you on-track shortly!

DrKronin
Cool. Thanks for clearing that up for me. See you on-track shortly!

Sadly I won't be racing tonight. Some kind of bug has hit me and I feel like crap. Have a good night gang.

I'm having connection issues and I'm hindering the whole Division 2 from racing the Ferrari race. I'm sorry guys. :(

Crap connection tonight. :-(

I lost it with the last 0:18 to go on countdown. What a fluster-cluck, internety-wise.

Well, I enjoyed the new combos much more than I expected. Hopefully the last round stays so we can do it properly.

Gentleman, thanks again for a great night of racing in spite of all the connectivity issues. I am SOOOO sorry for my racing tonight... I just couldn't get my manure in one sock and was all over the place. I feel pretty bad about the whole thing. Sorry zer0, I know I tangled with you on more than one occasion... Time to re-think my approach...

Man was I rusty....not racing with you guys for a month really dulled my online skills. I have no idea what happened at Sarthe, I couldn't see rofa anywhere on the track so apologies if I wrecked anyone accidentally :scared:

Typically how soon is next weeks line up announced. Thanks

Usually by Tuesday night or Wed morning barring any protests that will effect the outcome of the prize winners.

Tuesday night I hope so we can be ready for practice on Wed. night.

Back