1000km Sierra - Circuito de la Sierra Endurance RaceFinished 

What class(es) should we use for the race?

• A Le Mans-style race: P1 (4 cars), P2 (4 cars), GT1 (3 cars) and GT2 (3 cars) categories

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Prototypes only: P1 (8 cars) and P2 (6 cars)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • GT cars only: GT1 (8 cars) and GT2 (6 cars)

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • Formula GT (14 cars)

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Red Bulls only: RB1 (X2014 Fan Car; 8 cars) and RB2 (X2014 Standard; 6 cars))

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Tuner cars (14 cars)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Road-going supercars (14 cars)

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Road-going sports cars (14 cars)

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • Inexpensive road-going cars (under Cr. 30,000; 14 cars)

Votes: 5 7.1%

• Total voters
I think only actual GT cars should be allowed, not cars modded to look like them. It makes the race more realistic-looking and adds to the feel quite a bit.

Hello, when is the race exactly? & I tried to add ur PSN ID on ur profile, the PSN told me it was NOT valid?

--thnx

Hello, when is the race exactly? & I tried to add ur PSN ID on ur profile, the PSN told me it was NOT valid?

--thnx
That's probably because my friends list is full, but it doesn't matter because I could just send the room code to you.

Put a list of eligible cars for the race, and I'l see what I want to choose
Since there are a BUNCH of eligible cars I'll just group them together like this.

GT1 - Any modern FIA GT1 car (2000 or later, excluding the Toyota GT-One and Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo), SuperGT GT500, DTM
GT2 - FIA GT2, SuperGT GT300

Just some input from personal experience:

When employing a multi-class system which includes the SuperGT cars, they are head and shoulders above the rest of the field. It's a good idea to spec cars individually but this can be a lengthy process.
A friend of mine who is quite active in multi-class racing does have a decent set of these regs which make the cars much more competitive with each other. However, as it's so close to race day, perhaps it's a little too late to implement these regs.

Let me know if you're interested in hearing more so I have time to ask him if he'd be willing to share his work.

Somebody like @Mini Stiggy can vouch for this inequality between the cars as not only have we both raced in an event with similar one-reg-suits-all specs but also he's heavily involved with the FGTA, who themselves have spent a lot of time finding regs to homologate the cars which run in their series.

When employing a multi-class system which includes the SuperGT cars, they are head and shoulders above the rest of the field. It's a good idea to spec cars individually but this can be a lengthy process.
A friend of mine who is quite active in multi-class racing does have a decent set of these regs which make the cars much more competitive with each other. However, as it's so close to race day, perhaps it's a little too late to implement these regs.

Let me know if you're interested in hearing more so I have time to ask him if he'd be willing to share his work.

Somebody like @Mini Stiggy can vouch for this inequality between the cars as not only have we both raced in an event with similar one-reg-suits-all specs but also he's heavily involved with the FGTA, who themselves have spent a lot of time finding regs to homologate the cars which run in their series.
Well said:tup:

If you have 1 set of regulations for a bunch of cars, some will be much faster/slower than others.

Hello guys,

Do you guys have a date for the race?
I'm thinking maybe Sunday. What time will everyone be on?

I am interested in hearing more. I've been thinking about downforce caps for the SGT cars, but if there's a better solution...

I'm thinking maybe Sunday. What time will everyone be on?

I am interested in hearing more. I've been thinking about downforce caps for the SGT cars, but if there's a better solution...

OK, I'm with my friend right now as it goes and I've asked him - good news: he's willing to share his regs.

He just needs a list of the cars 👍

OK, I'm with my friend right now as it goes and I've asked him - good news: he's willing to share his regs.

OK. I'll get a list composed later. :)

I am going to be busy so I don't think I'll be able to catch the race, but will this be recorded and posted somewhere? I'm interested in watching a broadcast of this sometime.

I am going to be busy so I don't think I'll be able to catch the race, but will this be recorded and posted somewhere? I'm interested in watching a broadcast of this sometime.
Maybe. I think I'll be driving the pace car, but if someone else wants to take over pace car duty I may be able to record it.

I just wanted to let anyone who's interested know that I've opened a practice room for Sunday's race so you can start working on a baseline tune for your hot rods, come on out! Room #:1472-6681-3415-7081-2647

Sad news, I won't be able to be there, as I'll be visiting some relatives on Sunday

I'll get on that room, anyway.

Last edited:
During the still-running practice room @TeamCZRRacing and I are in, we have decided that we will use the parking areas that are dotted along the track during cautions unless a full course caution is ABSOLUTELY necessary. The way we will do this is we will allow any cars involved in the caution to have necessary repairs made and to be able to catch back up to us. Instead of going all the way around the course under caution, we will simply use a "sector caution" format where we will be under caution from the point that the field is back together, until we reach the next closest pull-off area at which point the pace car will pull off of the racing surface and we will resume competition. There are 5 pull offs along the entire track and they are after sector marker #7, 18, 32, 39, and 44.

27 km for 1 lap
1000 km for X laps

1000*1=1000 (duh)
1000/27=37.037 laps ~ 37 laps

Ideal laps at around 8:40...

8:40=8.6666.... minutes
8.666666...minutes * 37 laps=320.666666...
320.6666666.... / 60 = 5.34444 hours = 5 hours and 20 minutes is my predicted length of the race... :eek:

It's sad that I'm not going to race :(

27 km for 1 lap
1000 km for X laps

1000*1=1000 (duh)

320.6666666.... / 60 = 5.34444 hours = 5 hours and 20 minutes is my predicted length of the race... :eek:

Oh god my math was way off, I predicted 3 1/2 hours, I thought that sounded a bit light, but good lord this'll be interesting! I hope I can stay awake Lol

27 km for 1 lap
1000 km for X laps

1000*1=1000 (duh)

And that's not counting cautions!

During the still-running practice room @TeamCZRRacing and I are in, we have decided that we will use the parking areas that are dotted along the track during cautions unless a full course caution is ABSOLUTELY necessary. The way we will do this is we will allow any cars involved in the caution to have necessary repairs made and to be able to catch back up to us. Instead of going all the way around the course under caution, we will simply use a "sector caution" format where we will be under caution from the point that the field is back together, until we reach the next closest pull-off area at which point the pace car will pull off of the racing surface and we will resume competition. There are 5 pull offs along the entire track and they are after sector marker #7, 18, 32, 39, and 44.
Just added this post to the OP. :)

You guys are insane! Pity I don't have time anymore to go endurance racing or anything, but if I did it, I'd constantly crash out 'cos I've only driven like 3 laps so far :)

I will wish you good luck with your servers :)

My only worry is that I work night shifts and I only have at best 9-10 hours to sleep and recooperate between shifts and with this race I won't be getting much sleep lol

Just added a link to GT Wikia's main page, so we should get a couple more entrants before race day!

Here's a list of all eligible cars.

GT1
  • FIA GT1
    • Audi R8 LMS/LMS ultra (all variations)
    • BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
    • BMW E92 M3 (BMW Motorsports) '10
    • BMW M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11
    • Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00 (will be subject to SuperGT GT500 regs since it's so much faster than other FIA GT1 cars)
    • Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 '11
    • Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
    • Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13
    • Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3/GT3 Team RJN '13
    • Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car
  • SuperGT GT500
    • Honda RAYBRIG/Castrol MUGEN/ARTA NSX '00
    • Honda Mobil 1/LOCTITE MUGEN NSX '01
    • Honda TAKATA DOME NSX '03
    • Honda EPSON NSX '08
    • Honda NSX GT500 Base Model '08
    • Honda ARTA/TAKATA DOME/RAYBRIG NSX '06
    • Honda weider/KEIHIN/RAYBRIG HSv-010
    • Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R '01
    • Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE '00
    • Nissan LOCTITE ZEXEL GT-R '00
    • Nissan PENNZOIL Nismo GT-R '99
    • Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R '01
    • Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R '08
    • Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08
    • Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R '08
    • Nissan Yellow Hat YMS TOMICA GT-R '08
    • Nissan WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R '08
    • Nissan GT-R GT500 Base Model '08
    • Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z '04
    • Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '03
    • Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z '06
    • Nissan Z GT500 Base Model '06
    • Toyota YellowHat YMS Supra '05
    • Toyota Supra GT500 Base Model '05
    • Toyota au CERUMO Supra '01
    • Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra '97/'00/'01
    • Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA '00
    • Toyota WOODONE TOM'S SUPRA '03
    • Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430 '06
    • Lexus ENEOS/DENSO DUNLOP SARD/PETRONAS SC430 '08
    • Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model '08
  • DTM
  • Audi A4 Touring Car '04
  • Audi Abt TT '02
  • Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00
  • Opel/Vauxhall Calibra Touring Car '94
  • Opel/Vauxhall Astra V8 Coupe (Opel Team Phoenix) '00
  • Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
GT2
  • FIA GT3
    • Lexus IS-F CCS-R '11
    • Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy '12
    • BMW Z4 GT3 '11
  • SuperGT GT300
    • RE Amemiya AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 '04
    • RE Amemiya Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06
    • RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06
    • Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA '08
    • Subaru IMPREZA GT300 Base Model '08
    • Subaru CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA '03
    • Subaru BR-Z R&D SPORT '12
    • Subaru BR-Z GT300 Base Model '12
    • Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S '00
    • Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA '03
    • Lexus Weds Sport IS350 '08
    • Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08
Whew, I think that's all of them...​

27 km for 1 lap
1000 km for X laps

1000*1=1000 (duh)

I'm also thinking we should run 38 laps so we'd then have technically run the entire 1,000km.

Back