• Drive Train: FR

p8210010.jpg

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 299 BHP
  • Weight: 1630 KG
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Tyre Type: S2 / S2
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

Race Specifics:

• Your run must be done while being off line
  • Do not hit any walls.
  • The use of the clutch is prohibited

p8210015c.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind, these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done, and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay

Thread rules:
The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 43 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
    (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_Sjaak
  • you can submit only once
  • please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
  • the deadline is Monday 31 August 11:59 pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers ,named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck :)

Last edited:
A car I'm good in at a track I'm crap at, interesting.:)

Is this forward or reverse? I assume it's forward as the track map is forward. I'll give this a shot tomorrow if I haven't got too much work.

As aways, the online record seems too far for me, but I bet it will be beaten by a GTP guy.

Very good combo!

Interesting combo. I tried a couple of laps using the ds3 and auto gears, and it seems that 4th is waaaay too long to get you thru the tunnel nice and swiftly ... might consider using manual and then stay in 3rd a bit longer to shorten the gap 👍

Interesting combo. I tried a couple of laps using the ds3 and auto gears, and it seems that 4th is waaaay too long to get you thru the tunnel nice and swiftly ... might consider using manual and then stay in 3rd a bit longer to shorten the gap 👍

I get in 4th in the very end of the tunnel, otherwise a lot of time is lost.
There was something quite curiuos- in the first try (5-6 laps) I only touched the brake pedal (Driving Force GT) and full pressure was applied.
In the second try I had to press all the way down to get full pressure. I will report how it behaved in the 3rd run :)

first splits:
T1: 33.123
T2: 56.191

Managed to get a 32.8xx, but thing went wrong before the tunnel :)

Busy most of the week, which is lucky as I hate Eiger. See you at Week 44.

Can run a ton faster just getting used to the configuration.

T1- 33.046
T2- 56.321

This is more like it. Didn't have time last week for a complicated WRS, but i love Eiger. Not too keen on the car, it's a bit limp wristed, but we have to work with what we're given.

T1: 0.32.270
T2: 0.55.299

Matt.

First Splits:

T1: 32.131
T2: 55.245

T1: 32.184
T2: 55.144

Had a sub 55 T2 but threw it away because I upshifed to 4th and then scrubbed too much speed off by
having to brake/downshift to 3rd :ouch:

Last edited:
Improved splits:

T1: 32.162

T2: 55.024

Its hard to decide wether to use 3rd or 4th through the right hander after the tunnel. My best lap so far was using 4th, but i think if you get it right 3rd should be the go. I will definetly have another go but work and the usual other **** that gets in the way a bit sometimes so might not have time.

ps. those are awesome splits Carl,nice work:)

Last edited:
You guys hitting 32.1xx and 55.0xx are mentally quick very early on.👍

Here's my first attempt, despite having been 0.1sec faster to T1 the lap was quicker.

T1- 32.496
T2- 55.505

It appears the track takes trumps over the car for how well I'll do.:banghead:

Interesting:

Four (half) of the drivers on the board are sqeezed in a time difference in sector 2 of 0.039 :dunce:

Improved splits:

T1: 32.162

T2: 55.024

Its hard to decide wether to use 3rd or 4th through the right hander after the tunnel. My best lap so far was using 4th, but i think if you get it right 3rd should be the go. I will definetly have another go but work and the usual other **** that gets in the way a bit sometimes so might not have time.

ps. those are awesome splits Carl,nice work:)

Thanks DEVIE, excellent splits you put up there 👍

Yeah, I think keeping it in 3rd is definitely the way to go at the tunnel exit.
Unless you've just got a monster run coming up the hill and just have to shift up to 4th. Otherwise, this may sound crazy, but I think you're better off letting it bounce off the limiter in 3rd, because upshifting to 4th really seems to bog the engine down. And then of course, you need to downshift back to 3rd for the right/left kink, so a lot of time can be saved by keeping it in 3rd I think. But, I haven't watched any of the top online replays, so I don't know how they do it--probably better to watch one of those and do what they do :lol:

First 10 laps with no TCS and manual gear (not very usual for me) resulted in

Funny enough I know I can find a lot of time in the righthander right before the tunnel. If you take it wide and find the apex very late it looks like you can save more than half a second.

Board updated.

I'm trying not to let the limiter bounce in 3rd by slight lifting as I approach T2, as bouncing drops to many kph.

Dam those Ford guys with their gearbox ratios.....What where they thinking??:confused:............:lol:

I should have some time for this during the week, so I grabbed a few laps this evening.

Last edited:
Hi,

Had a few laps with this combo this evening,

T1 - 0'32.748
T2 - 0'56.036

Will spend some more time with this after work tomorrow.

New and improved T Times! More to come for sure.

T1- 32.666
T2- 55.773

Back