GTP_WRS Week 43 : Ford Mustang @ Eiger Nordwand

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 131 comments
A 30 minute session this morning was enough for me to start shouting at the screen again :dopey:
I gained a little time though.

This Mustang is what I expect for rear grip in a RWD car.
I can actually control the ass end pretty well. :dopey:

First splits.

Looks as though I need to find 3-4 tenths between t1 and t2.
Time to change the way around the right hander.

I like this replay icon.

Attachments

• ICON0.jpg
    ICON0.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 27
I'm not sure if I'll submit this week. I'll have another go, but if there isn't marked improvement I'm not sure. That or I'll submit early without many attempts. I'm definitely a circuit driver and not touge or speedway.

I'm not sure if I'll submit this week. I'll have another go, but if there isn't marked improvement I'm not sure. That or I'll submit early without many attempts. I'm definitely a circuit driver and not touge or speedway.
Plus its a FORD hey Paulie?? Ford= 👎

But...i quite like to drive this car,it has a nice feel. Damn that 4th gear

Those gears are deep like that because when ford designed the newer mustang they wanted to make it more drag racer friendly. That gear isnt that deep in real life, I think gran turismo didnt depict it very well.

EDIT: New splits, I still think I can do more.

T1-32.478
T2-55.559

Last edited:
New Splits:

T1: 32.016
T2: 54.942

T1: 31.997
T2: 54.915

Looking at DEVIE and Matt's splits, I'm evidently losing a little
on the run up the hill through the tunnel. Pretty happy with these splits,
but I think I have a little left in the tank, maybe :)

Last edited:
New Splits:

T1: 32.016
T2: 54.942

T1: 31.997
T2: 54.915

Looking at DEVIE and Matt's splits, I'm evidently losing a little
on the run up the hill through the tunnel. Pretty happy with these splits,
but I think I have a little left in the tank, maybe :)

Very nice splits Carl,it will be interesting to see the results,as you would know you can make up A LOT of time after T2...

Great splits guys. I saw a few sub 55 T2's last night, but lost it in the final corner. It's a very enjoyable combo considering the car is so poor.

Matt.

T1: 33.130
T2: 56:453

There are so many places I can squeeze out tenths and maybe even seconds!! I still haven't decided the best way to run the corner after the tunnel, I§ve tried bouncing off the limiter and braking, Ive tried shifting up to 4th to go straight back down again. I definitely feel that 3rd is the right gear for the corner though as long as you can get back into 4th before the left hander!

I should be able to have another run tonight but tomorrow I amm picking up my new motor so I dont think I'll have time!! :-)

New splits. I watched Maddie's replay and it all seems very logical, then when I try to copy his racing line I just finish like a week slower than him ...

Board updated.

Haven't run the WRS for ages... so I thought I'd give this one a go.

T1 32.056
T2 54.899

I had a good session on it this evening without too much improvement in splits.
I found a good lump before the finish though.

Last edited:
just managed to shave 7 tenths of my total time! and I could barely hear it, my friends band were rehearsing in the same room as me!

T1: 32.845
T2: 56.082

Still room for improvement though

I am absolutely baffled by the times coming in.:(:cheers: I may as well post my times, I'll be third in D2 on the board for now, but miles behind Carl and MJH.:scared:

T1- 32.393
T2- 55.302

I hate Eiger.

Hi :),

After enter whit a podium in Division 3 (Vaxen sorry for put division 2 in last week, a make a copy past end not change the division :crazy:), this 3 last week ar not good for me (the division 3 is very very competitive :dopey:)... let see if this change in this week.

After my 10 first laps heres my times:

T1 - 0'32,783
T2 - 0'56,054

Goos Laps 👍

Looks like you're losing it all in T1 Paulie.

A lot of it, I still lose a little more at T2. Are you going to give me some hints as to what I'm doing so drastically wrong?:sly:

Without seeing your lap I can't give specific advice, but I think there are 2 critical corners in T1... the first left (which is very difficult) and the final downhill left that drops you on to the T1 split.

For the first left you absolutely must not go in too hot. Get the nose in tight, let the car coast a bit, get the steering wheel straight, THEN you can use almost full throttle quite early.

I'm only hitting the final left in T1 good 1 in 20 laps... for me, this is the hardest one to get right in this car. The key again is not to go in too hard, avoid the sand on the inside and the exit (as you get wheelspin and this kills speed) then get the wheel straight as soon as possible.

The other corners are all pretty straight forward.

Without seeing your lap I can't give specific advice, but I think there are 2 critical corners in T1... the first left (which is very difficult) and the final downhill left that drops you on to the T1 split.

For the first left you absolutely must not go in too hot. Get the nose in tight, let the car coast a bit, get the steering wheel straight, THEN you can use almost full throttle quite early.

I'm only hitting the final left in T1 good 1 in 20 laps... for me, this is the hardest one to get right in this car. The key again is not to go in too hard, avoid the sand on the inside and the exit (as you get wheelspin and this kills speed) then get the wheel straight as soon as possible.

The other corners are all pretty straight forward.

That sounds like what I've been doing.:nervous: Perhaps I should see about getting an engine rebuild?:lol:

Heh, well this car needs something... it's not exactly quick considering it's capacity!

New splits

There's not much difference in line, with those two lefts in T1, that make or brake a good split.
I think I'm close to my limit, a half a tenth here or there......who knows :lol:

A lot of it, I still lose a little more at T2. Are you going to give me some hints as to what I'm doing so drastically wrong?:sly:

Just to stick my nose in as well Paulie :dopey: I don't know what FFB you normally run on your wheel, but if you run it pretty high, it might help lowering it a bit. I normally run mine at 10 but at Eiger, I usually dial it back a bit. I tried FFB at 5 but that was too weak, so now I've settled at 7 and it feels about right. The lighter FFB really helps you turn the car much easier in T1. Maybe that will help :)

Back