:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

IMG_1018.jpg

Race Details:

• Mode: Arcade > Time Trial
  • Physics: Professional
  • Track: Road Course - Daytona
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)
  • Tyre Type: S2 / S2

Vehicle Specifics :

amuse_logo.gif

• Make: Japan> Power House Amuse
  • Model: S2000 GT1 Turbo
  • Power: 617 bhp
  • Weight: 1120 kg
  • Drive Train: FR
Steward Comments:
As we wind down toward the end of the NASCAR season, the Winged Warriors of bygone years spring up in my memory. The 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona and 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner Superbird were so effective on the track that they were banned from the sport. This week's car matches up to the theme, and brings back memories of the old shcool winged warriors. An image from GT4 and video from the 1970 NASCAR season are shown below. 👍

IMG0010.jpg

Race Specifics:

• All hard surfaces are part of the track; Two wheels on track at all times; No wall hitting.
  • Your run must be done while being OFF LINE
  • The use of the clutch is prohibited

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your replay

IMG_1011.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime
  • T4 Splits

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1-T3 Splits
  • Any settings discussion.
IMG_1014.jpg

Viewing your Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Submission:

• All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 54 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
  • [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
  • (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_EDK
  • You can submit only once
    [*]Please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time, and the car you used
    [*]The deadline is Monday November 16th 11.59pm GMT
    [*]If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers ,named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck,
OLR Admin Team

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Great work Kevin 👍

S2000 GT1 on S2's :scared: :scared: :scared:

... and I thought I could relax a bit after last week's brutal boxer :lol:

Oh Lordy, this is going to be another frustrating week I can see!!!! Just a quick question, are we allowed to discuss T3 times? I only ask because there is nothing after T3 except a banked curve so it is pretty easy to accurately guess a lap time from this point. If memory serves me correctly, last time we ran DR, T3 was not allowed to be mentioned.

Great work on these combo's Kevin, this should be another fun one 👍

T3 is ok Andy as that's the one before the bus stop, it's T4 we can't discuss.

T1: after turn 3, T2: Jst before you first hit the banking down the back, T3: Before Bus stop on back straight 👍

EDIT: Looks like a fantastic combo, I love this track. Be interesting to see how this car handles on S2s with stock downforce.

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
Darn, standard physics. Thought that was a bit easy!!!! :dunce:

Last edited:
Looks very interesting. The Amuse on S2's can be quite a handful - can't wait to see how it moves through the bus stop.

Why is one of the instructions that we can't discuss anything that could be used to infer the car? Isn't the car inferred already. :lol:

Last edited:
Looks very interesting. The Amuse on S2's can be quite a handful - can't wait to see it how moves through the bus stop.
:

Backwards, side ways and spinning!

OK, more realistic splits from me (it's much easier on standard physics you know!!!)

T1 - 0'29.828
T2 - 0'55.634
T3 - 1'09.679

Oh Lordy, this is going to be another frustrating week I can see!!!! Just a quick question, are we allowed to discuss T3 times? I only ask because there is nothing after T3 except a banked curve so it is pretty easy to accurately guess a lap time from this point. If memory serves me correctly, last time we ran DR, T3 was not allowed to be mentioned.

I thought of that as I was signing on this morning. Will update the first post, to mention that T4 cannot be discussed.

Thanks for remembering. 👍

You have to be very careful on the throttle :D
T1: 0'29.762
T2: 0'55.406
T3: 1'09.577

First and second are almost useless because there's too much wheelspin. It spins until forth gear. :lol: A hard combo this week, and that's how we like it. 👍

1st laps yielded this result:

1'07.895

There is still a good 3 tenths remaining...Gears, drop down to 3rd gear braking for the 3 corners following the 1st corner (which can be taken in 4th) but on exiting, use 4th gear, 3rd is to wheel spinny, you will find yourself struggling for grip as you enter the embanked straight, which is where T2 is located, drift out as far as possible towards the wall to make sure you don't suddenly loose rear end traction, then for the bus stop, drop down to 5th gear.

Avoid attempting to emulate Position One Pole's online record, where he/she attempts to utilize the hand brake, with limited success. Rhythm here at Daytona is important. Hand brake usage will only hinder your rhythm IMO. Cheers!!

Edit: Better splits, awaiting a moderator's verdict though, touch and go at bus stop.

T1 28.999 (hehe)
T2 53.806
T3 1'07.664

Last edited:
Permission to drift out of every hairpin, captain......:rolleyes:

I am consistent at least.

I am consistently 2 seconds slower than everyone else!

T1: 30.076
T2: 55.817
T3: 1'09.959

Good luck everyone.

:irked:👍

Thought I might add some extra info to the board ...

I now calculate sector times as (t2-t1) and (t3-t2) in each column following its split time. So for this week:

T1 = split 1
T2 = sectortime for split 2 minus split 1
T3 = split 2
T4 = sectortime for split 3 minus split 2
T5 = split 3

The extra info it gives is rather good. Take a look at the normal sort to see that Cohiba has the second best first sector time, but that DGiant has the second best second sector time if you sort it on T4 :).

Please tell me if you like it. I can't change the heading so it's either this or the no-sector setup.

I now calculate sector times as (t2-t1) and (t3-t2) in each column following its split time. So for this week:

T1 = split 1
T3 = split 2
T5 = split 3

The extra info it gives is rather good. Take a look at the normal sort to see that Cohiba has the second best first sector time, but that DGiant has the second best second sector time if you sort it on T4 :).

Please tell me if you like it. I can't change the heading so it's either this or the no-sector setup.

YES! Excellent detail - I've been doing this type of calculation in spreadsheets each week to make sure my laps ae as good as they can be. This helps alot!!!

Man, the leaderboard on this event is really tight! :eek:

T1 = split 1
T3 = split 2
T5 = split 3

Cool Steven, I remember this is something I suggested in the pitbox a few months ago, looks a bit mad for DR as there are so many splits, but I agree it's valuable information and I like it 👍

All the best
Maz

Great work Steven, paints more of an overall picture of the lap!

Did a few laps and came up with some starter splits

T1: 29.416
T2: 54.758
T3: 1'08.727

Still more to come off. Will try have another go sometime this week.

:cheers:

Wow, amazing how close my first splits are with crazytortise's - mine are:

T1: 29.441
T2: 54.782
T3: 1'08.854

Something must be wrong here because I'm never that fast early in the week. :)

Wow, amazing how close my first splits are with crazytortise's - mine are:

T1: 29.441
T2: 54.782
T3: 1'08.854

Something must be wrong here because I'm never that fast early in the week. :)

:lol: good stuff Lin 👍 keep it up. I'm still weary of this car. The back likes to overtake the front but I'll get there.

my favorite car too. sucks that Modern Warfare 2 comes out tonight so i'm gonna have to put the wheel back in the box :grumpy:

Thanks for the positive comments on the sector times extension for LUXY, and yes Maz, it was indeed in part because of your earlier suggestions.

Please stay critical about my calculations tho - a type is easily made :dopey:

For combos like this it'd be great to have a third sector (T4 - T3) time as well, but unfortunately T4's cannot be posted ...

To Kevin - will we be having a photo contest again this week, and every week? Can't wait to try and use my creative powers again :)

👍 for the upgraded Luxy. Maybe a change of the labels for the headers would be an idea to enhance clarity? Instead of T2 and T4 they could be called Sector 2 and 3 respectively, or just S2 and S3.

The new feature confirms what I have always known, that I lose time to the first split. I do that on every track in every car. Don't know why.

👍 for the upgraded Luxy. Maybe a change of the labels for the headers would be an idea to enhance clarity? Instead of T2 and T4 they could be called Sector 2 and 3 respectively, or just S2 and S3.
I understand the suggestion and I would try to do it if I could, but unfortunately Luxy is a frozen app that will not be improved in any way.

For GT5 I am planning a self-input leaderboard for timetrials. This requires a free web based db app and a developer to do some coding. I am in contact with Wayne and Baldur about it but so far they are - understandably - hesitant to make any commitments. If anybody else in WRS knows his way in tables and reports please contact me 👍

Back