GTP_WRS Week 54 : Winged (Samurai) Warriors

• Thread starter EDK
  • 134 comments
Did 50 laps tonight and the only thing I got out of it was frustration.

Hello everyone, managed these splits in my first 10 laps at this combo. Definetly more to come off from t2 onwards. Great times posted by all,as usual. :)

T1: 29.007

T2: 54.089

T3: 1'08.107

Sorry guys and Kev, this one's just not for me 👍 Gonna stick with the 512BB until next WRS.

All the best
Maz

First splits from my new PS3 slim, the old one's blu ray quit.
After many laps, but only 2 "clean" ones :crazy: I've found this car a lot easier to drive with short shifting..........a couple of gears.
For me this is a highly unpredictable combo, but a couple more runs may help with that.
I seem to either cut the corner or blow it completely, the grip is hard to...grip. :rolleyes:
This car brakes with a lot of grip but otherwise has none.

Note to self: Tame those ponies. :)

1'09.139

sector split 1...25.276
sector split 2...14.057

Last edited:
You're welcome to - please do so and post your splits in this thread. I'll make sure your first entry will be on the leaderboard in no time 👍

You're welcome to - please do so and post your splits in this thread. I'll make sure your first entry will be on the leaderboard in no time 👍

Thanks for implying I'm going to get on the leaderboard rather than dragging down the average. :sly:

<reads OP again>

Amuse @ DRC? Oh, this will be expensive ...

Did three straight laps with T1s of 29.1XX only to snag a wheel on the grass in the turn immediately after it all three times.... Aaarghhh.

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime
  • T4 Splits

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1-T3 Splits
  • Any settings discussion.

Just for clarity: May we publicly discuss things such as gear selection, trap speeds (km/h or mph)?

Just for clarity: May we publicly discuss things such as gear selection, trap speeds (km/h or mph)?

Yes, as long as it does not infer final lap time. (i.e., Giving the speed you ran for every corner of the bus stop).

A posts such as these are perfectly acceptable (And in this thread :sly:)

...Gears, drop down to 3rd gear braking for the 3 corners following the 1st corner (which can be taken in 4th) but on exiting, use 4th gear, 3rd is to wheel spinny, you will find yourself struggling for grip as you enter the embanked straight, which is where T2 is located, drift out as far as possible towards the wall to make sure you don't suddenly loose rear end traction, then for the bus stop, drop down to 5th gear.

I'm done aswell
But a very very very fast exit to the bus stop, the only time I ever hit 302km/h crossing the finish line, time submitted, cheers.

Missed the middle two pages at the very least ...
:ouch:
Anyone else not going below 4th gear in the infield?

Missed the middle two pages at the very least ...
:ouch:
Anyone else not going below 4th gear in the infield?

I'm using the technique Dan describes.

Essentially, using 3rd to engine brake the car under braking, than back into 4th for corner exit.

Makes the car a little more manageable. A little. :scared:

I'm with Dan also, I was taking the corners in 2nd but too much wheelspin, 3rd is about right for me, 4th is too tall (except for turn 1 which I take in 4th)

Hi guys 👍 Not sure if i can submit this week 👎 Not at home so cant get to the PS3. I'll be home next week to take part. If I can get back intime to try have another run, if my time dosnt hold up, I'll submit.

Good luck to everyone :cheers:

Thanks DGiant and EDK. 👍
I think I'll get another stab at this tomorrow or Monday morning as the deadline in my time zone is just before 7pm Monday. 👍

Hate the DRC first-lap-throwaway as usual. Also I spun out doing the 5-6 shift on the second banking ... beat that. :D

T1 29.462
T2 54.683
T3 1'08.632

Sector 2 25.221
Sector 3 13.949

Seen several 1'08.5XX with a best of 1'08.531 but thrown them all away in the bus stop.

Thanks for computing your sectors Cohiba 👍 but I'm using a very small spread sheet to do the math for me so there's really no need.

Might be out of commission for a bit - injured my right arm on Wednesday and just don't see me getting much seat time as it heals. I've got a decent lap for this week to submit but that might be my last for a while. Good Luck in the coming weeks to all of you!!!

Best of luck with the arm LinPark. :(

I'm also using 3rd gear in the same manner EDK explained.

New splits for me.

1'08.680

Great to see you join us for WRS clacksman! And nice divisional placement, especially with the pad 👍

Might be out of commission for a bit - injured my right arm on Wednesday and just don't see me getting much seat time as it heals. I've got a decent lap for this week to submit but that might be my last for a while. Good Luck in the coming weeks to all of you!!!

Sorry to hear Lin :nervous: Hopefully it heals up quickly! I almost did myself in yesterday as well :scared: I was trying to break a bolt loose on my car at a rather awkward angle, and somehow popped a rib out of place...felt like someone was stabbing me in the ribs after it happened, but luckily it has gotten much better overnight so I should be able to do some more runs over the weekend FORTUNATELY :) Anyways, take care bro ;)

Last edited:
New Splits:

T1: 29.105

T2: 53.924

T3: 1'07.917

Still more to come hopefully,wasnt quite satisfied with bus stop exit and a little down on my T1 from last splits. 👍

Hope it's nothing too serious mate. I've enjoyed the comp even more since your return, we seem to have similar pace, as does Cohiba oh, Anghammarad, in most cars on most tracks.
Looks like the bus stop will decide the lap for D2, maybe we should do a standing start from T3 to the finish:lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words gents. :cheers:

Looks like the bus stop will decide the lap for D2, maybe we should do a standing start from T3 to the finish:lol:

I could probably do that in my current condition if I could convince my wife to shift gears a few times for me. :lol:

Had my first go today;

T1:0'29.156
T2:0'53.925
T3:1'07.824

Hope to have time to have one more go to get a little faster busstop exit....

spyrrari.

Latest Posts

Back