gtpdk9.jpg

Week 102 : Last Lap at Daytona
Results

IMG_1021.jpg

aapb210044py0.jpg

Road Course - Daytona

aaaaaapb210084qg2.jpg

Steward's Comments:

Times fell into divisional categories for the most part this week. Some great 👍 times by several racers in D2 and D3.

Cheers,

OLR Team.

Important notices:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)
Drivers who do not have a submitted lap posted in the results are not to post any information related to a laptime they might have achieved in the results thread. Any such posts will have the times removed.

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1:

1---1'46.331---GTP_Synwraith
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'46.405---GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'47.704---GTP_Fastas____
gflagjn4.gif

Division 2:

1---1'47.372---GTP_Joeninety_ 👍
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'47.479---GTP_Sutuki 👍
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'47.517---GTP_Anghammarad 👍
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'47.544---GTP_Eriba 👍
gflagjn4.gif

5---1'48.080---GTP_orsche
6---1'48.124---GTP_LinPark
7---1'49.485---GTP_Rikson

Division 3:

1---1'48.619---GTP_Nuclearfire 👍
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'48.751---GTP_Roomboter 👍
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'48.954---GTP_01GTP 👍
gflagjn4.gif

4---1'49.259---GTP_accessraider
5---1'49.392---GTP_racingfrk01
6---1'49.518---GTP_OnlyMe
7---1'49.557---GTP_Andy2125
8---1'49.761---GTP_DGiant2000
9---1'50.500---GTP_Renesis
10--1'50.642---GTP_DC9990

Division 4:

1---1'51.509---GTP_iCyCo
gflagjn4.gif

2---1'51.629---GTP_Blarg-1
gflagjn4.gif

3---1'52.953---GTP_Bufalobranco
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_NishRacer
bflagtp3.gif
(Submitted Replay File Was Corrupted)

IMG_3589.jpg

Overall Results:

1---1'46.331---GTP_Synwraith
2---1'46.405---GTP_CRAZYTORTISE
3---1'47.372---GTP_Joeninety_
4---1'47.479---GTP_Sutuki
5---1'47.517---GTP_Anghammarad
6---1'47.544---GTP_Eriba
7---1'47.704---GTP_Fastas____
8---1'48.080---GTP_orsche
9---1'48.124---GTP_LinPark
10--1'48.619---GTP_Nuclearfire
11--1'48.751---GTP_Roomboter
12--1'48.954---GTP_01GTP
13--1'49.259---GTP_accessraider
14--1'49.392---GTP_racingfrk01
15--1'49.485---GTP_Rikson
16--1'49.518---GTP_OnlyMe
17--1'49.557---GTP_Andy2125
18--1'49.761---GTP_DGiant2000
19--1'50.500---GTP_Renesis
20--1'50.642---GTP_DC9990
21--1'51.509---GTP_iCyCo
22--1'51.629---GTP_Blarg-1
23--1'52.953---GTP_Bufalobranco

IMG_3567.jpg

Statistics:

Overall Mean time: 1'49.119 Deviation: 1.488 (std 1.700)
>>> Division 1: Mean time: 1'46.813 Std Dev: 0.631
>>> Division 2: Mean time: 1'47.943 Std Dev: 0.688
>>> Division 3: Mean time: 1'49.495 Std Dev: 0.639
>>> Division 4: Mean time: 1'51.965 Std Dev: 0.578

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:

1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited by a moderator:
A incredibly tough week, congratulations to all who persevered and took on that daunting Bus Stop chicane in such a powerful low-grip car. It was a hugely important week for me, I really wanted to get a good result at a track other than Suzuka/Suzuka East and prove I was worth my Gold promotion, and it meant a great deal going head to head with Crazytortise on equal footing.

Brandon (CT), you are the rising star of GTP and WRS, and I reckon this is probably the last time I'll be able to beat you in a straight fight. Your results of late are quite simply amazing, and clearly D1 Gold material. Last week you were nearly a tenth up on the world record clutch lap at London Rev, and this week we were both within touching distance of MeAgainstYou's #1 lap, 0.064s off for me and 0.138 for you. I don't know if I can communicate how seriously we went head-to-head this week, chatting on MSN, GTP Live Chat and PM keeping up to date and exchanging laptimes. When I had 46.841, CT had 46.856. When I improved to 46.658, he lapped at 46.690. Then when CT went a step further to 46.590, I managed to claw in front with a 46.536. He then raised the bar again to 46.490, and I eventually managed .390, which CT then almost matched with a .405. My last run gave me a 1'46.331, but with our splits throughout the week, especially CT's, either one of us could have had that magic run through the Bus Stop and even managed a 1'46.1xx. I always expected him to come back and produce a better lap with each session, that's quite some ability.

Also I would never have even hit my winning time if CT hadn't shown me a much better line around turn 5, shaving off a tenth and a half for me in T2. I can't remember having to dig as deep as this since the GT Academy time trial, and we were happy to submit with 1'46.8 thinking there was no more left :lol: A real tribute to the strength of competition in the WRS, even in the dying days (we hope) of Prologue.

Massive congratulations to Joe90 on a prestigious D2 win, those regulars like EribaDad and Anghammacohiba are not easy to beat. Well done to Sutuki for another podium peformance 👍 Great win for Nuclearfire and mega podiums for Dennis and Kenny! Well done also to iCyco for a D4 victory :gtpflag:

I had great fun this week, thanks to Kevin and especially Brandon for making the Last lap of Daytona truly unforgettable :bowdown:

Replay attached.

All the best
Maz

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    127.5 KB · Views: 17
That was a great combo! Wish I had more time to run it. (can't we all say that every week though)

Congrats to all the podium finishers & everyone who persevered with this combo.

Congrats to all the winners. Here is my replay:

Attachments

• GTP Nuclearfire WRS week 102.zip
    127.6 KB · Views: 18
Congrats to all podiums

Nuclearfire you had an outstanding bus stop 👍 Means a bad morning for me :lol:

Brandon and Maz, you guys where in a league of their own this week. 👍

Congratulations to all podiums!
Pretty close battle in D2, huh?! And some amazing times by Synwraith and Crazytortise!

Really challenging combo, I literally spent more time on the grass than on track on day one :lol:. Big 👍 to all who didn't give up, I know I almost did.

My replay should be attached, it's the downloaded version.

Attachments

• WRS 102.zip
    131.4 KB · Views: 16
Now THIS is why I joined GTP. Times are out of this world! Such beastly pros here :scared:
I can only improve watching theses guys.. or go mad trying!

Replay is attached

Attachments

• GTP_Blarg-1 WRS 102.zip
    127.7 KB · Views: 12
Don’t think there’s a lot to say Maz has eloquently said it all, I said earlier in the week this was going to be a fantastic battle to watch, CT vs MAZ. In all the weeks I’ve done in WRS I can only remember one other like this. Nah don’t think there has been one quiet like this.

But would like to say well done to Dan (Fastas) sleep deprivation after birth of their son, injury to shoulder which sounded pretty bad, not much road time, still puts in a great lap time.

Porsche on the pad what a brilliant lap time, he was there most of the week and wouldn’t let this beast get the better of him, was bad enough on the wheel, but with a pad well.

It was great to see Lin back in been missing our battles, along with one or two others (Andy being one) your personal life has taken a turn for the busy and don’t get much time at all.

Well done to all podium place winners and the rest of the field, especially if your new to WRS getting hit in the face with this combo was harsh, well done sticking with it.

Phillip.

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-85951B71001.zip
    126.6 KB · Views: 16
Yeeha!
I'm currently out of town working and will be back in a day or two so will post my lap then(it is clean).
I'm totally buzzed by that!

The only part of my lap I was really happy with was the bus stop and it turned out I had good cause. It's also mindboggling to note that even so I lost nearly half a second to Maz and CT in it. That's the difference between us normal guys and the fast ones.

What can I say that hasn't already been said so well by Maz & Phil? Congratulations to all podiums, and also especially to Maz and CT for such an epic battle - well done Maz for coming out on top. I look forward to learning from your replays; although I have learnt an awful lot already from you both 👍

Oops! I forgot to submit my time :ouch: :yuck:

Anyway congrats to all the podiums. Maz again on a nice win, Brandon not far behind. 👍 Nice pace from all the D2 runners too 👍

Congrats to all who took part this week and congrats to all podiums. Mr Maz another fine performance by you and thanks for the great week of fun. It really was a joy battling it out with you :D

GTP_Synwraith
picture.php

Great lap Maz, I thought you were going to go over the curb on entry to the bus stop, then you just did a great move to the right just before you came to that dreaded short curb, which can catch you out.

Phillip.

GTP_Synwraith
picture.php

Great lap Maz, I thought you were going to go over the curb on entry to the bus stop, then you just did a great move to the right just before you came to that dreaded short curb, which can catch you out.

Phillip.

Many thanks for checking Phil, and generally for your dilligence in checking WRS replays :cheers: The only way to find the necessary laptime this week was to go completely on the edge through every part of the Bus Stop, from kerbing, to grass, to the walls before and after.

All the best
Maz

Congrats to all podium placers and competitors for seeing this one through. I'd like to say I really gave this one a good go but, I'd be lying. I am therefore delighted to get my first division podium. It also goes to show that you should always save your best lap replay after every session!!! (Phil thanks for your kind words, you forgot to mention the five day holiday I had last week too ;) )

I'm really impressed with the competition in division 2 (not that I want to go back :D) and the battle there was almost as good to watch as the two big hitters up top.

Dan.

Attachments

• PS3.rar
    128 KB · Views: 14
I was second last lol....overall. I am used to being the best driver I know of. On all past GT's and any other games period but here comes GT5P and the GTP WRS racers, now I'm nothing lol.

Great driving out there everybody :).

I was second last lol....overall. I am used to being the best driver I know of. On all past GT's and any other games period but here comes GT5P and the GTP WRS racers, now I'm nothing lol.

I think we've all been there mate, I certainly have. Didn't know anyone who could beat me at GT until I got online and on here with Prologue. Very unpleasant wake up call, I'll never forget it :lol:

All the best
Maz

Thank's alot Maz.

Maybe I'll just compare myself to DS3 users from now on lol.

Thank's alot Maz.

Maybe I'll just compare myself to DS3 users from now on lol.

Thats what I did when I first started in the WRS & was comparing myself with the nearest DS3 user untill I dove in and got myself a G25 xD

No wheel for me, no time soon at least. Maybe by this time next year.

I think we've all been there mate, I certainly have. Didn't know anyone who could beat me at GT until I got online and on here with Prologue. Very unpleasant wake up call, I'll never forget it :lol:

All the best
Maz

WRS lesson number 1: there's always someone faster!!!!

michaelschumacher0.jpg

Here my replay.

Attachments

• GTP_Bufalobranco_WRS_102.zip
    128 KB · Views: 13
GTP_iCyCo not able to watch

GTP_Nuclearfire not able to watch

GTP_Sutuki not able to watch

GTP_Blarg
picture.php

If you take the infield turns in 3th. It’s way easier to exit them. And the exit of the bus stop in 4th. Is also way easier. Nice lap specially with making it harder then it already is.

GTP_Fastas
picture.php

Nice lap. Bit on the edge here and there had to watch it twice

GTP_Eriba
picture.php

Nice one.

Here is mine

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-85951B71004.zip
    131 KB · Views: 14

Latest Posts

Back