2.02 Chase Camera Change - Now Dynamic

The glitching is just terrible. It always happens in the same spots each lap so it should be easy for PD to locate the problem. You can even drive slowly back and forth around a glitch spot and trigger it. Additionally, if you slow right down and weave about, you get even more glitches. Lovely.

Having said that, I actually like the dynamic nature of the new cam. You get far more feedback about the bumps and camber of the road than you did before.

Chase cam is improved.....

That's how I feel about it too. I've always preferred the chase came since GT1 so I can see as far ahead as possible but until now it's never communicated cambers and bumps anything like aswell. I find it can help enhance the sensation of speed with the camera bouncing about with the car.

I'd definitely like the option to choose which chase cam to use. The new one helps on ovals, but the old one was better everywhere else.

And like I said in an earlier post, maybe using a DS3 on a driving sim isnt a good idea... lets not make wheels optional or if you want to drive manual lets just require a wheel with a H gearbox and clutch... There is a winner!

Maybe waiting on PD was a good thing... 5-6 years in creation for the game, a delayed first DLC... now actually something that released on schedule! This is what we get:
I-don%27t-always-test-my-code-But-when-I-do-I-do-it-in-production.jpg

Love the photo very cool :) 👍

I must be the only person who loves it. It gives a better sense of speed and seems more exciting to me anyway

I like it as well. The first couple of times I used it, it felt really weird, but like all things, you get used to it. Really the only problem I have is when the filter gets stuck on when I am racing. It is pretty cool at first, but then it starts to hurt my eyes.

I don't get why people are complaining about the new update. I don't really notice much difference in chase cam and yet people are making such a fuss about it. And as for the tire wear, I can go 5 laps on the Stars and Stripes seasonal with racing softs on my tuned Corvette ZR1 and I will barely have any tire wear at all. Yet people say they have to pit after 4 laps (although I know they are using different cars/tracks). Is there something that I'm missing here?

And as for the tire wear, I can go 5 laps on the Stars and Stripes seasonal with racing softs on my tuned Corvette ZR1 and I will barely have any tire wear at all.

That's because tyre wear is switched off for Seasonal Events.

I don't really notice much difference in chase cam and yet people are making such a fuss about it.

Because it is giving an awful lot of people outright motion sickness; and it was an unnecessary, undocumented change to the way many people play the game with no option to revert it back to the way it was.

Well I understand the second part but I don't understand how it gives people motion sickness. It's such a slight movement that I don't even notice it. I'm much more focused on the movement of the car than on the movement of the camera.

I like the new tyre wear, it makes things more realistic and harder....
Ah well i think the debate on whether or not it's realistic can be solved if PD more clearly states exactly what each tire is for. For example, I don't think we know if the race softs are supposed to be qualifiers.

People will always moan.
And try driving in chase cam on Trial Mountain without feeling dizzy.
Alright. Will do.

I don't get why people are complaining about the new update. I don't really notice much difference in chase cam and yet people are making such a fuss about it. And as for the tire wear, I can go 5 laps on the Stars and Stripes seasonal with racing softs on my tuned Corvette ZR1 and I will barely have any tire wear at all. Yet people say they have to pit after 4 laps (although I know they are using different cars/tracks). Is there something that I'm missing here?

That's because tyre wear is switched off for Seasonal Events.

PMSL Best laugh this week.

Merged all threads about the updated-for-2.02 chase cam into this thread.

It looks awful and dated to me. It's as if they've nailed the car to a single point in space and the circuit is moving around under the car, rather than the other way round. (reminds me of the movements you get from a floating compass ball)
It wouldn't be so bad if the movements weren't exaggerated, to the point that you can actually feel seasick!

I have mixed feelings about the new chase cam. On one hand, it makes me a little dizzy. On the other, I really like that the rigid camera gives you all sorts of visual feedback. I find it a lot easier to drive at the limit, and making corrections to save slides has become a lot easier also.

There are definite positives and negatives about it. There simply needs to be more options for us sim racers who enjoy control of these kinds of things. Things such as; seat adjust for cockpit, FOV, camera/head movement, etc.

One thing that I have noticed is the chase cam is very buggy. I am currently doing the last 24H race on Nurburgring 24H and the chase cam glitches a lot, becoming off-set from the center of the car and jumping around a lot. Its very distracting and a big oversight by PD. This seems to happen at the same points on the track.

One thing I have also noticed with the new higher detail maps is that the large tracks, especially Nurburgring, when set to full view, become very messy and sections overlap as the zooming is processed wrong.

These would be very easy things to fix for PD, I do hope they notice them and fix them asap.

i hate new chase cam view getting sick and having headaches i wish there was a way to shut it off, or they would put it back the way it was

change it back or add it as an option. Its ok if u stare way off in the distance at the top of the screen but if u keep an eye on any of the HUD info with your peripheral vision u feel sick in seconds!

oh and i agree about the glitchyness of it to. the car keeps skiping from side to side on the track. Noticed it most in the endurance race suzuka 1000km in a petronas toms lexus

I never realized how common it is for people to get motion sickness.

I'm surprised PD haven't really made this an option instead of as a forced constraint. It works awesome for me, but if it actually causes dizziness, then PD really does not test games properly.

If people can't play the game because of the new camera movement, perhaps try something as simple as changing to another view?

In GT3 we lost a camera view from GT2, so those who used one of the behind car views had to adapt to another view.

I used to use the behind car view for years, then changed to bumper cam, and now only use bonnet/roof cam. It kinda sucks when a view is changed too much/taken away, but you eventually get used to another view option.

I noticed it right off with the 2.02 update, as I always use the chase camera. I kinda like it, it doesn't affect the way I race. But what I have notice is that sometimes it does "jump." As if the camera quickly decides that it isn't completely coordinated with the car. I noticed this mainly at Grand Valley Speedway, that was the only time it bothered me. Other than that, no big deal, and I like it!

I noticed it right off with the 2.02 update, as I always use the chase camera. I kinda like it, it doesn't affect the way I race. But what I have notice is that sometimes it does "jump." As if the camera quickly decides that it isn't completely coordinated with the car. I noticed this mainly at Grand Valley Speedway, that was the only time it bothered me. Other than that, no big deal, and I like it!

In B-spec that strange camera jump happens 2-3 times every corner and it seems to always be slightly one side of the car not fully in the middle.

Found this thread, thx to Toronado .. So I'm pasting the post i made elsewhere here too because hopefully PD will read it!

Hey all

I'd like to start by saying that I love GT and I've been playing the series since the very first game ..

Now that's a lot of years and they never made any changes to the "behind car camera". Then why, after so many years did they decide to make the camera move and shake when you turn or hit a curb?

It's bloody annoying, because it actually makes me car sick -,- I know some people will say it's more realistic, but this has completely ruined the game for me as it make sme physically ill.

It makes sense in cockpit mode, because there you actually have the feeling of the car shaking, whereas outside the car, it's the ground and not the car that shakes and tilts :s

At least give people the choice to turn it off/on? Until they change this I can't play GT5 anymore sadly :-/ Yes, I can use cockpit view, but I don't like to be forced to do that, especially when I've been playing "behind the car" camera ever since GT1 !

Am I the only person who feels this way? I haven't seen any rants about it, someone must agree with me! :P

*edit : after finding this thread I see many DO agree with me, at least that's something! Hope PD make a patch soon and at least give ppl a CHOICE between the two!

Back