20 million credits for free!

They can't patch something involving downgrading your software to v1.00 for disc based customers. They would have to write information to the disc or make the game online-only. One is impossible because the PS3 does not have a BD burner. The second alienates all people not on an internet connection.

This glitch exploit will live on in infamy.
Wrong, there are many ways to fix it.

Two examples:
Make the savedata incompatible with 1.00.
Change the car data of the vision car so that 1.00 can't recognize it.
They can force you to 1.02 when updating, so that you can't go to 1.01.

Stop double posting, and please put more effort into your grammar and spelling. Read the AUP linked in my signature.
Hang on...
You guys took the old thread down...

When a user makes a video of a glitch it's not okay, but as soon as those people from IGN do it it's alright?

Are you kidding me?

Last edited:
just a heads up if you do it it deletes your Gallery (photos and replays) make sure to back them up i did it on my cousins ps3 because he doesnt play gt carreer he just tune cars just for fun and it got rid of his gallery, dont worry(they were ugly :lol:) i refuse to do it on mine, for me its very fun to keep racing and building my collection of cars for a long time util GT7 is released :P
You can easily put the car pics on again, its quite easy to do.

So this just freezes my game everytime I try to get to my garage after deleting the game utility....

I read that you can only do this once. Is it true, or can I repeat it time and time again to buy all 20 million cars?
get one free car, sell it for 20mil in 1.00, update back and buy 20 of those, and then go back to 1.00. that's 400mil.
many cars (mostly lemans cars) are more expensive in 1.00 though.
the only draw back is that, it takes about 30 seconds to buy a car, so you'll end up spending hours buying cars and not feeling excited as you should have been. d**m it...

So this just freezes my game everytime I try to get to my garage after deleting the game utility....

Mines doing the same, it might be because I had the merc as the car I was driving. Trying to re instal 1.01 then select another car. Then try again

Mines doing the same, it might be because I had the merc as the car I was driving. Trying to re instal 1.01 then select another car. Then try again
Yeah because those supersmart IGN people didn't tell what could mess this glitch up.

There are at least two things that will always let your PS3 crash or will erase your garage.

Last edited:
Something tells me it's the deltawing I'm in when I did this. It shows up as a random number like the MB. I'll update back, switch to a more normal car and see if that works.

It's probably things like this that could corrupt your saves right? No way am I risking that.

I backed up my save on a thumb drive before hand. I lost two 100% GT5 gamesaves because of two first gen PS3 completely dying and not being able to salvage anything from the HD. I think I'll be ok if I lose my gamesave now. :lol:

Last edited:
Yep, think choosing a non 1.01 car prob best, I'm choosing the honda fit. Then trying again. I'm just part way through the 1.01 install

Will feedback

Bought every premium car and expensive standards. Also have money tied up in 137 Ferrari 330 P4s as I'll be able to sell them at 6mil whenever I want.

Stop double posting, and please put more effort into your grammar and spelling. Read the AUP linked in my signature.

wow... just wow, this is exactly why i stopped coming to this forum during the gt5 days. never seen a forum with worse mods then this one.

I'd be interested if any legal implications come of this, as to me, it technically sounds like theft\fraud, as the credits now have a monetary value.

Not sure it would be a criminal matter, but would be interesting to see if PD\SONY pursue it as a civil matter to make an example of someone, like the music\film industries have sometimes done with illegal downloads.

it technically sounds like theft\fraud, as the credits now have a monetary value.

Not sure it would be a criminal matter, but would be interesting to see if PD\SONY pursue it as a civil matter to make an example of someone, like the music\film industries have sometimes done with illegal downloads.

wow, what about peoples which garage was gone even before this glitch was discovered? should PD give them money back as credis in game hava a monetary value? maybe guys which lost everything in game should count PD for time wasting too? if it's so expensive....

btw if its true that microtransactions are just for speeding up game progres then doing this cheat shouldnt be problem to PD because it even faster method in the end

sory for my english

I'd be interested if any legal implications come of this, as to me, it technically sounds like theft\fraud, as the credits now have a monetary value.

Unlikely they'll pursue legal action, though they could start banning consoles and accounts.

Seeing as how everyone on this thread has admitted to glitching while having their PSN ID showing for the world to see...

Care to explain? Good manners and proper grammar are something very welcomed in life and especially in the international forum like GTPlanet.

They are welcomed not required, unlike on this forum the minute you forget a period or capital letter you get harassed. But hey, i guess this "international forum" only welcomes native english speakers with english language majors

Back