2016 Audi R8

• Thread starter GTboyz
  • 272 comments
Oooooh.

1250558707765259300.jpg

I just know they're going to blitz it, like they blitzed VLN2.

I like how the V10+ uses the engine from the Huracan. I sort of predicted this kind of design after seeing the new TT.

I like how the V10+ uses the engine from the Huracan. I sort of predicted this kind of design after seeing the new TT.
??? :confused:

How could a car that has been out for, what, two years almost, use the engine from a car that is less than a year old??

The V10 has been the same from '08, but just re-engineered every new edition.

How could a car that has been out for, what, two years almost, use the engine from a car that is less than a year old??

I'm even more confused by your confusion. I think what you're trying to say is that it's the other way around, the Huracan uses the R8 plus engine. And the newest R8 plus is just using what it has since 2012 with some slight updates. Both of which use the Gallardo power plant either way, which is still at the end of the day a Audi/Lambo V10.

But I think I get what you're saying now.

Last edited:
I'm even more confused by your confusion. I think what you're trying to say is that it's the other way around, the Hurrican uses the R8 plus engine. And the newest R8 plus is just using what it has since 2012 with some slight updates. Both of which use the Gallardo power plant either way, which is still at the end of the day a Audi/Lambo V10.

But I think I get what you're saying now.
yeah... I just couldn't remember the exact date of the engine manufacturing process...

Ah you were close enough I just wanted to make sure I clearly understood you when reading along. Anyways you did make a good point R8 + then Huracan
Yeah, I was quite confused... Audi makes some of the best engines in the world, the V10 being the one great one borrowed from Lambo... but made better from the Germans..

I almost thought Post #185 was a Photo Mode picture from Gran Turismo 6. Anyhow, "me likey" on that motorsport-spec R8 road car. I like this meaner R8 though I usually have a preference for elegance. When I keep thinking of the R8, I still think about the Audi R8 LMP that dominated most of the first half of the 2000s in sportscar racing. That's why I keep referencing "road car" in regards to this R8. It is still a solid car.

Oh, what I meant to say was that the new 2016 Audi R8 V10 Plus shares the 5.2 liter V10 engine with the Huracan, along with the platform, and the dual clutch transmission. I wasn't talking about the old one.

I saw MotorWeek earlier today with the newer Audi R8 featured. I think the version the show highlighted most on was the Audi R8 V10+. This R8 isn't as elegant as the previous model, but it is still every bit as desirable as the previous model. Fabulous car. Still is.

[EXTRA NOTES] I learned the V10 Plus stickers for about $177K USD. It really does seem like you can get a very solid exotic without paying exotic car coin with the R8 or any of its variants.

I saw MotorWeek earlier today with the newer Audi R8 featured. I think the version the show highlighted most on was the Audi R8 V10+. This R8 isn't as elegant as the previous model, but it is still every bit as desireable as the previous model. Fabulous car. Still is.

Still no price?

Back