2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick dvr rewind shows that Montoya was parked in his pit box under repair when it should have been in the pit lane line of cars.

Forecast for Sunday looks good. I dont know what they could have done different if the new pavement put down by the city beads the water like it was covered in RainX.

Doubleheader tomorrow.

Marshall Pruett @marshallpruett · 4m
Derrick Walker saying we will have something like a sprint race in the morning, 10 or 10:30 a.m. start, and regular start for RD2 at 3:55

Per Derrick, Race 1 to start based on qualifying. Race 2 to start on points.

Last edited:
Doubleheader race setup: A quick turnaround
Due to heavy rain and standing water, 2 65-lap races will be run tomorrow in Toronto.
Live coverage of Race 1 of the Honda Indy Toronto will start at 10:30 AM EDT on CNBC.
Live coverage of Race 2 of the Honda Indy Toronto will start at 3:00 PM EDT on NBCSN.

Last edited:
I was at the track today (sitting in the turn 3 grandstands). I'm disappointed they canceled the race as I was looking forward to seeing some wet racing. I'll be at the track again tomorrow.

I did have a front row seat to that wonderful safety car spin though. Highlight of the day :lol:

Last edited:
If they ran an actual road course that drained half decent instead of a street course, they possibly could have raced. Lot of water came down though

It's on SN360 for those of us in Canada.....nice to see they gave us no information at all telling us that fact, I found out purely by accident on twitter :indiff:

They couldn't even make a lap... they need to quit racing like it's bumper cars...

Last edited:
Why did they decide to start the second race based on points? Wouldn't race 1 results be a better option....

I know, I know.. Indycar logic.. lol.

the track steaming up looks so awesome!

Scary crash there, good that Aleshin is alright

Switch on a multi car wreck. Race done in time surely.

EDIT Red Flag, think we are done.

They'll get one lap done once they get going again...

Will laugh so much if it is waved off and we end under yellow anyway.

Putting a $50 bet on a wreck. I'll be back in a bit to claim my winnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back