2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
These cars aren't meant to run in a pack, so that's not a big issue. The downforce added topside isn't to the rear wing anyway.

These cars aren't meant to run in a pack, so that's not a big issue. The downforce added topside isn't to the rear wing anyway.

They are supposed to run in a pack, otherwise how do you encourage, racing. The one thing Indycar had going for it in the last couple of seasons has been the racing and ability to overtake. Also, oval racing: need to be able to follow pretty closely with a stable car for that to happen

The last time the cars ran in a pack, it killed Dan Wheldon.

Wasn't this chassis and they have been pack racing, maybe not NASCAR style packs but still packs.

Oh Indycar still desperately misses Dan... he was fantastic

Stepping away from 2011, does anyone know where Simona stands? Outside of Robin Miller saying she was working on a way back, I've seen nothing?

Wasn't this chassis and they have been pack racing, maybe not NASCAR style packs but still packs.

Thing is however, Indycar wants to get rid of those incidents involving cars lifting off.

Thing is however, Indycar wants to get rid of this:

That was at fault of Conway's crew. Having a damaged wing go unchanged is always a bad idea.

That was at fault of Conway's crew. Having a damaged wing go unchanged is always a bad idea.
Yes, but the new holes they're adding are suppose to prevent the lifting from happening. That way airborne crashes are reduced, if not completely prevented.

Mother-of-god-meme-1-.jpg

I didn't know who he was until I found out he was in TUSC race control.
Oh boy!:scared:

Lets correct that:

Beaux Barfield, who was in Race control for Indycar in 2014, is in the TUSC Race control now. Brian Barnhart (the one nobody wants) is the one who is back at Indycar race control this season.

Lets correct that:

Beaux Barfield, who was in Race control for Indycar in 2014, is in the TUSC Race control now. Brian Barnhart (the one nobody wants) is the one who is back at Indycar race control this season.
Whoops, mixed up the names as one person, wasn't paying enough attention. Thanks

What I want to know is who the hell actually made that decision? Who actually said lets bring this guy back?

This is the equivalent of entering a demolition derby with an open top clunker.

Pretty sure the Indy Road race is there to build hype for the 500. Having that event switched with Road America or Laguna Seca won't do anything to build hype for indy. Besides, why the hell does there need to be only one of them?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back