2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Beaux Barfield basically admitted in the drivers meeting he didn't really feel like doing his job today.. and that clearly showed.. Dixon and Power both should have penalized for their incidents...

So Beaux Barfield basically admitted in the drivers meeting he didn't really feel like doing his job today.. and that clearly showed.. Dixon and Power both should have penalized for their incidents...
I'm not sure about the Dixon thing because Wilson made a very strange move to the outside and I dont think he ever imagined that a car would be on his left. One penalty that should have been called that was forgotten about was Aleshin dumping Rahal at the last turn.

Reports saying the crowd was the biggest in 10 yrs,over 150,000.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the Dixon thing because Wilson made a very strange move to the outside and I dont think he ever imagined that a car would be on his left. One penalty that should have been called that was forgotten about was Aleshin dumping Rahal at the last turn.

Reports saying the crowd was the biggest in 10 yrs,over 150,000.
Considering there were a crapton of series there, I'm not surprised. Technically the entire sports car fanbase along with the open wheel fanbase would have attended. I certainly would've been at both had I gone. 👍

I saw most of the 2014 Long Beach Grand Prix. It was the first IndyCar race on NBC Sports Network. I will certainly remember this year's LBGP for that traffic jam wreck fest that involved Ryan Hunter-Reay and others. All congratulations to Mike Conway on the win. On the Indy Lights circuit, I extend my congratulations to the 20-year old Columbian(?) Gabby Chaves on his victory.

Very cool championship so far for 2014. Up next for IndyCar is the beautiful European-style road course in the Deep South... a little track called Barber Motorsports Park on the weekend of April 27. What do you all think about the season so far?

I saw most of the 2014 Long Beach Grand Prix. It was the first IndyCar race on NBC Sports Network. I will certainly remember this year's LBGP for that traffic jam wreck fest that involved Ryan Hunter-Reay and others. All congratulations to Mike Conway on the win. On the Indy Lights circuit, I extend my congratulations to the 20-year old Columbian(?) Gabby Chaves on his victory.

Very cool championship so far for 2014. Up next for IndyCar is the beautiful European-style road course in the Deep South... a little track called Barber Motorsports Park on the weekend of April 27. What do you all think about the season so far?
I think I'll be attending that race at Barber park :)

This is what I kind of hate about IndyCar, too much one week breaks between races. Would be cool if there was abit of continuity, that's my only negative thing about IndyCar to be honest.

Man, I didn't realize so many of you guys get on here and discuss the race while it's going on. I'm gonna start chatting with you guys during the races 👍

Will Power is my favorite driver (watched him get one of his first open wheel wins in person, Las Vegas street course 2008) but I even admit the contact should have been a penalty. I was really hoping Beaux Barfield would do the same kind of officiating he did last year.

My best friend's favorite driver is RHR, so the race last Sunday was not good for our friendship haha. Not sure what he was thinking there, RHR is usually a pretty legit driver, but his comments after the wreck seem like his championship inflated his ego a bit.

I read that yesterday, pretty harsh IMO. There were questionable calls from race control for the "same" incidents and it's something that's been a hot topic in the ICS for a few years now. People were happy that Barnhart got the boot from race control, now he's back in to an extent and this sort of stuff rears its head again.

I like that Castroneves speaks out about it, he should keep doing it and IndyCar needs to go back to the blocking and contact rules from last year. It created awesome battles and was fair for everyone. Just look at the finish from Sao Paulo last season.

Not a surprising penalty. Basically, drivers are not allowed to publicly state any opinions to the "detriment" of the sport. Someone in NASCAR got fined last year for what I thought was a rather mundane comment.

We"ll do well to have an as exciting race as Long Beach! :lol:

Seemed like Power was pretty comfortable too in qualifying, I'm not a fan of the man in the slightest but do think this could be his year.

First top 10 qualifying effort by Montoya for the season. Hes getting there. Wonder how he'll do on the ovals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back