2024 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 66 comments
Gets you all choked up, doesn't it?
Hahaha, yes, I'm super sad. Thankfully we didn't have to play them that much, but when we did....FML he would shred our OLine like butter.

Jerome

Hahaha, yes, I'm super sad. Thankfully we didn't have to play them that much, but when we did....FML he would shred our OLine like butter.

Jerome
Ya, he shredded the Lions, too (although he had a cheap shot where he tried to tackle Stafford in the victory formation), but then we got Sewell.

GIu3uUBXwAA7PGI.jpg

Pickett era is over in Pittsburgh. Steelers have shipped Kenny over to the Eagles. Surprised they were this quick to acknowledge the bust, and they got to upgrade a draft pick as well (4th to 3rd round).

Hopefully having Russell Wilson as QB1 works out bette for us than it did for the Broncos. Still need to get him a WR, a center, maybe a tackle.

He only took down Burrow once?? Talk about a miracle with that o-line he plays behind.

In other Bengal news, Zack Moss was signed to replace Mixon. I got to watch him when the Colts were on TV while Johnathan Taylor was injured. He seemed a solid player during that time. We also signed Geno Stone and brought back Vonn Bell after a year away (woohoo!). The secondary was suspect last year, so that's news to my ears.

Aside from the Brian Burns fiasco. Panthers free agency has actually been, good? Like genuinely good?

Concerned that I might be getting optimistic again.

Pickett era is over in Pittsburgh. Steelers have shipped Kenny over to the Eagles. Surprised they were this quick to acknowledge the bust, and they got to upgrade a draft pick as well (4th to 3rd round).

Hopefully having Russell Wilson as QB1 works out bette for us than it did for the Broncos. Still need to get him a WR, a center, maybe a tackle.

Or maybe Justin Fields will be QB1. Options are nice, but so is having a settled offence. I predict a lot of back and forth, just enough to make sure Fields doesn’t get 51% of the snaps and only costs a 6th round pick.

Aside from the Brian Burns fiasco. Panthers free agency has actually been, good? Like genuinely good?

Concerned that I might be getting optimistic again.
They have made some good moves so far. I like how they improved the line. I think Canales is going to help You g be much better

I see the Jets have Mike Williams. On paper they upgraded the offensive line and receiver. So when the draft comes they can be comfortable taking the best player available. And if reports are to believed there may be like 5 QBs taken in the 1st 10 picks so somebody like Marvin Harrison Jr may slide to them

kjb
I see the Jets have Mike Williams. On paper they upgraded the offensive line and receiver. So when the draft comes they can be comfortable taking the best player available. And if reports are to believed there may be like 5 QBs taken in the 1st 10 picks so somebody like Marvin Harrison Jr may slide to them
Of course, the one year they supposedly have a QB, said QB will run off and join the circus.

kjb
If DJ is our guy, and MH Jr. is on the board, I doubt he would slide past us. For the first time in like a decade, I agree with Kiper's NYG pick being a receiver, I doubt we'll MH Jr. I'm expecting we'll land Romeo Odunze.

Jerome

If DJ is our guy, and MH Jr. is on the board, I doubt he would slide past us. For the first time in like a decade, I agree with Kiper's NYG pick being a receiver, I doubt we'll MH Jr. I'm expecting we'll land Romeo Odunze.

Jerome
According the infamous "sources" Giants are interested in McCarthy from Michigan. Also Michael Penix Jr. is supposedly going in the top 10. I don't believe they will go in the top 10 but if they do I'm fine with that. MH Jr is probably a pipe dream but I think Romeo Odunze or Bowers from Ga are realistic targets at 10. But who knows how the draft will play out

See Cleveland, this isn't hard:

Also, AB out here dropping truth bombs:
View attachment 1339184
Please don't take this the wrong way, but its good to see this (Detroit not tolerating it). No team should, but man I hope your franchise turned a huge corner a couple seasons ago buddy and continues on this trajectory.

Jerome

Don't kid yourself that the only reason he's on the roster is because of the new kickoff rules.

Really excited to see how things change.

I know it's lying season but can someone tell me how JJ McCarthy who hasn't played since January has gotten better than Drake May?I like Michigan and I watched a few games but I never came away thinking wow he is going to be a great QB in the NFL. Maybe @JoeyD you or someone else can shed some light on that. I get it he was 27-1 but besides Andrew Luck and Josh Johnson how QBs has Jim Harbaugh sent to the NFL?

kjb
I know it's lying season but can someone tell me how JJ McCarthy who hasn't played since January has gotten better than Drake May?I like Michigan and I watched a few games but I never came away thinking wow he is going to be a great QB in the NFL. Maybe @JoeyD you or someone else can shed some light on that. I get it he was 27-1 but besides Andrew Luck and Josh Johnson how QBs has Jim Harbaugh sent to the NFL?
I have no idea; Michigan's philosophy was running the football not throwing passes. It's not to say McCarthy is bad, but his win success relied heavily on a robust OL and a good crop of RBs. He does have a solid arm and was good in 3rd and long situations, but I'm not sure how much of that translates to the NFL. He's also the right size for an NFL QB at 6'2" and is pretty athletic. I think if he's drafted and thrown out to be a starter right away he's going to fail, but I think if he's drafted by a team that lets him learn from a vet and develop for a season or two, then he'll be fine.

It could all be a big bluff to get some other team to select him. If I were drafting a QB, I'd looked at Williams, Maye, and Daniels all before McCarthy.

I have no idea; Michigan's philosophy was running the football not throwing passes. It's not to say McCarthy is bad, but his win success relied heavily on a robust OL and a good crop of RBs. He does have a solid arm and was good in 3rd and long situations, but I'm not sure how much of that translates to the NFL. He's also the right size for an NFL QB at 6'2" and is pretty athletic. I think if he's drafted and thrown out to be a starter right away he's going to fail, but I think if he's drafted by a team that lets him learn from a vet and develop for a season or two, then he'll be fine.

It could all be a big bluff to get some other team to select him. If I were drafting a QB, I'd looked at Williams, Maye, and Daniels all before McCarthy.
Okay that's what I thought. I like McCarthy but I don't think he can come in and start right away. I would like to see him go somewhere he can sit for a year. But all it takes one team to fall in love with him. It happens every year. The Jets did it with Zach Wilson. It seems like there is some QB who magically shoots up the board without having the resume you would expect from a high draft pick.

Former NFL cornerback, Vontae Davis, was found dead recently. He was 35 years old at the time of his passing. My condolences go out to all who known and loved Vontae Davis.

Houston is not playing. They just traded for Stefon Diggs! I have to give them credit they are trying to make the most of Stroud's rookie contract

Stefon Diggs... is now a Texan? That was my reaction as I woke from my midday nap and watched FOX Sports 1's "Speak." Texans turn things around in just one season and now feel like they can make a deep playoff run. I just hope all of this works out and that we don't become a hot mess of talent.

Stefon Diggs... is now a Texan? That was my reaction as I woke from my midday nap and watched FOX Sports 1's "Speak." Texans turn things around in just one season and now feel like they can make a deep playoff run. I just hope all of this works out and that we don't become a hot mess of talent.
You had better hope Diggs doesn't go nuclear on Stroud because he's not getting the ball enough.

Yeah, I heard Stefon Diggs can be a bit of a hothead. We usually like to say with the Houston Rockets that "we draft for character, not characters." I do hope S. Diggs doesn't become some diva on and off the field.

Former football great, OJ Simpson, has died. He was 76 years old at the time of his passing. He died from cancer. My condolences go out to all who known and loved OJ Simpson.

"Yerr on 'da clock!" This week is the week of the NFL Draft. This Thursday will be perhaps the greatest day for a number of collegiate players going into the NFL. Who will draft who? Find out this Thursday!

Elsewhere...

* Some other teams will be unveiling new uniforms this week, including my Houston Texans. Today or tomorrow for teams, actually.

* Matt Ryan recently announced his retirement. I wish him well in his retirement.

This should be a most interesting week for sure.

Back