DeepForestRaceway_2-2.jpg

Deep Forest Reverse

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

DeepForestRaceway_8-2.jpg

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: Original Circuits > Deep Forest/Reverse
  • Car Type: Standard (Available in OCD. If needed, it can be gifted.)
  • Make: Toyota
  • Model: MR2 1600 G '86
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 206 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change and Listed Power Upgrades). Make sure you change the oil and keep it changed to achieve this power.
  • Weight - 953 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications : All Allowed
  • Engine Power Limiter : N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger : Not Allowed. Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD.
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Drivetrain Modifications (LSD, Clutch, Driveshaft) : All Allowed
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Any
  • Aero: Not Allowed. Rear wing available in GT Auto, but can be visually verified. Anyone using a wing will be DQ'd.
  • Tire Type: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface.
  • No other surfaces are track
  • The Concrete Surface found on the outside of the rumble strip and past white boundary lines in several turns is not track. This means concrete, cobbles, grasscrete, or anything else that is not one of the 2 allowed surfaces.
  • See examples below. Those who use these runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on Tarmac or Rumble Strips will be DQ'd. This does not mean these are the only 2 out of bounds areas. These pictures are posted for clarification only.

The Following Areas are Not Part of the Track. If You do not keep at least 2 wheels on track surface, you will be DQ'd.

DeepForestRaceway_9.jpg

The concrete on the left before entering the last tunnel

DeepForestRaceway_8.jpg

The concrete on the right after exiting the last tunnel

Steward's Comments:
Back to one of my favorite original tracks this week, in an MR2 that's as close as we are going to get to the spec of the car I race in. This one definitely has more power, and so I've given you grippy tires to compensate. It's a ride around here, keep your foot in it, it will spin if you let up!

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

DeepForestRaceway_4-2.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

DeepForestRaceway_3-1.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 56 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, March 12th 2012 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

DeepForestRaceway_5-2.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
My IRL car on one of my favorite original courses in GT5! Now to figure out whether I want to call Week 55 done, or just dedicate 20 laps to each one at a time...:dunce:

I'll get this party started. This is with all tuning parts allowed bolted on, with very minimal tuning, just dialed in a little camber and upped the top speed of the transmission.

T1: 26.034
T2: 31.688

It's actually been a long while since I've driven one of the MKI MR2's in GT5, and even longer still since the last time I ran this course in reverse.

slippery

Last edited:
Bought one of these out of OCD yesterday! Sounds like a great event, count me in as usual

Sounds awesome, but mine is 206hp?

Yeah, not sure what happened when I looked this morning, but mine shows 206 HP in the event tuning screen, so I just updated the first post.

Mine went to 206 after the first couple of laps...wonder if it will go any higher, or was the 205 just a glitchy thing?

EDK
Yeah, not sure what happened when I looked this morning, but mine shows 206 HP in the event tuning screen, so I just updated the first post.

The one I bought from the OCD said 205 before the first couple laps, then went up to 206. The MR2 I bought from the UCD a couple months ago, fully tuned and rebuilt the engine only has 202hp... I'm guessing it would need to be broken in again?

Edit: It's funny that the supercharged version of this same car only weights 910kg when fully lightened, even though the car has much more weight just in the powertrain alone...

If I can find a MR2 1600 G '86 Toyota, I will give it a try, I jut finished a race on that track with a 2002 Beemer. That track is a lot of fun!!!

If I can find a MR2 1600 G '86 Toyota, I will give it a try, I jut finished a race on that track with a 2002 Beemer. That track is a lot of fun!!!

Yeah, the BMW 2002 is a favorite combo of mine here.

Unfortunately, the server is down for a few hours, and the car is not premium, so it's currently only available in the Online Dealer.

Just ran a tuning session of this one and came up with these -

Here my setup. I've installed custom wheels on the car, so you may not be able to get to these transmission settings without doing the same.

RH -25/-18
Springs 10.0/14.0
Damp Ext 4/9
Camp Comp 4/9
ARB 7/1
Camber 2.0/0.6
Toe 0/-0.05

LSD 7/19/10

Brakes 8/3

Transmission - Final Drive all the way right, top speed all the way left, then set these gears -

Final = 4130

Top Speed in top right box shows as 143 MPH.

I'm shifting the car at 8,000 RPM's.

Turn 1 in 5th, light braking.

Stay in 5th, turn 2 flat out, turn 3 partial lift to get to apex and hammer back out, up to 6th on the way to the T1 timing mark.

Down to 4th under braking and down to 3rd after turn in at bottom of hill. Back up to 5th on the way to the tunnel.

2nd for the left hand after the tunnel, up to 3rd on the way to the final tunnel, 2nd for the left tunnel exit at T2.

Up to 5th on the way to the final turn, final turn in 3rd with a late apex.

EDK
Yeah, the BMW 2002 is a favorite combo of mine here.

Unfortunately, the server is down for a few hours, and the car is not premium, so it's currently only available in the Online Dealer.

Just ran a tuning session of this one and came up with these -

Here my setup. I've installed custom wheels on the car, so you may not be able to get to these transmission settings without doing the same.

RH -25/-18
Springs 10.0/14.0
Damp Ext 4/9
Camp Comp 4/9
ARB 7/1
Camber 2.0/0.6
Toe 0/-0.05

LSD 7/19/10

Brakes 8/3

Transmission - Final Drive all the way right, top speed all the way left, then set these gears -

Final = 4130

Top Speed in top right box shows as 143 MPH.

I'm shifting the car at 8,000 RPM's.

Turn 1 in 5th, light braking.

Stay in 5th, turn 2 flat out, turn 3 partial lift to get to apex and hammer back out, up to 6th on the way to the T1 timing mark.

Down to 4th under braking and down to 3rd after turn in at bottom of hill. Back up to 5th on the way to the tunnel.

2nd for the left hand after the tunnel, up to 3rd on the way to the final tunnel, 2nd for the left tunnel exit at T2.

Up to 5th on the way to the final turn, final turn in 3rd with a late apex.

Looks like a good tune, I'll try that. I'm also shifting at 8k as I tested the car on Route X acceleration test and 8,000rpms is the fastest.

Early splits, at 206hp. Not much tuning done yet.

Will have to give Kevin's tune a try. Fun combo, this car is a blast to drive around here.👍

T1, 24.806
T2, 30.912

I like the Forest, Kevin, but not so sure about Reverse. :nervous:

A benefactor gifted me the car before PSN shut-down, which looks like fun!

BTW, I think it is fantastic that you and others [early thread-wise] post a tuning set that always gets non-tuners off to a great start. 👍

Hm, strange, I've got bob running around the b-spec seasonals right now... Must be because I was signed on before the servers went down?

Hm, strange, I've got bob running around the b-spec seasonals right now... Must be because I was signed on before the servers went down?

In Florida, online is not possible at this moment [back approximately 5am et Monday, however, things here didn't shut down today until 3pm et, so I was was able to receive the inheritance. :)

My understanding is that "unlike previous maintenance" you would be signed out. That is strange! But good for you!!

Dammit Kev, another mouth watering combo.... Hope I can get a decent run on this at least once this week - Deep Forest Reverse is one of my favourite tracks. Never driven any of the MR2s but a small light MR with a small peaky engine has to be a laugh round here and I could certainly use a good laugh.

I might try and get a short session in tonight when everyone goes to bed.... hopefully my makeshift wheel-stand will hold together.

Didn´t have the car, online was down, but guess what, i had one waiting on 3 game days distance, with only 86.504 Km :crazy: but on a beautifal "New Sherwood Toning" :dopey:.

Didn´t have the car, online was down, but guess what, i had one waiting on 3 game days distance, with only 86.504 Km :crazy: but on a beautifal "New Sherwood Toning" :dopey:.

:ouch: There went my top spot on the board. :sly:

Yeah, the New Sherwood Toning is a great color combo. :dopey:

Kevin's tune wasn't working out well for me so I went back to the original tune that I slightly tweaked. I was being a little bit more cautious as the tune I'm using is a little "tail-waggy", but I bested my last fast lap by over a full second. My fastest T1 yet, though not a great T2...

T1: 24.779
T2: 31.709

New splits.

I like Kevin's suspension setup. Using my own gears at this point.

T1, 24.700
T2, 30.608

Last edited:
Back