:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: Original > Cape Ring North
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Japan > Nissan
  • Model: Fairlady Z (Z34) '08

Vehicle Specifics:
  • Power: 410 HP (After Added Parts with Oil Change and Full Break In)
  • Weight: 1239 kg (After Full weight reduction, Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: All Allowed
  • Engine Modifications:
    • ECU Tuning Upgrade: Not Allowed (will add 200 RPM to the tachometer red line)
    • Engine Stage Upgrades: Not Allowed (each upgrade will add 100 RPM to tachometer red line)
    • Engine Power Limiter: N/A
  • Intake Modifications:
    • Sports Intake Manifold: Allowed
    • Racing Air Filter: Allowed
  • Exhaust Modifications:
    • Sports Exhaust Manifold: Allowed
    • Catalytic Converter - Sports: Not Allowed (will add 100 RPM to tachometer)
    • Sports-, Titanium Semi-Racing- and Titanium Racing Exhaust: Not Allowed (audible verifiable)
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Supercharger Allowed (Turbo not available for this car)
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using the SRF Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Manual or Automatic
  • Aero: Not Allowed (Aero upgrades are visually detectable in replay)
  • Tyre Type: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Blue and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface.
  • The Red painted tarmac on the roundabout is NOT track
  • Warning: If you drive too far over the line near the pit entrance your lap time will be red flagged and will be considered dirty. As always, regardless of track boundaries, any red flagged lap cannot be submitted.

Steward's Comments:
The inspiration for this event came from the GT Academy 2012 (NA) Finals where the competitors ran short races on this circuit using the Tuned 370Z. This "Fair Lady" provides a very fun and challenging ride on the circuit as well. Note that this is the first time the WRS has visited this layout in GT5. Enjoy! :cheers:

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

pb060041mt3.jpg

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1, T2, and T3 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

fairladyofthering6.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.
Number of splits: 2

fairladyofthering1.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 81 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, September 3rd 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

fairladyofthering5.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Tricky event this one! Needs good control, car works really nicely on the track though

Had a quick 10.....

I take it fully adjustable suspension, all clutch/flywheel/driveshaft/LSD allowed and tranny allowed?

I take it fully adjustable suspension, all clutch/flywheel/driveshaft/LSD allowed and tranny allowed?

I put all these on. They're all either undetectable or difficult to rule over in terms of the suspension and gearbox, therefore can't be feasibly disallowed and don't affect PP. Fairly certain about that :D 👍

I put all these on. They're all either undetectable or difficult to rule over in terms of the suspension and gearbox, therefore can't be feasibly disallowed and don't affect PP. Fairly certain about that :D 👍

Yes, those tuning parts are allowed.

For aerodynamic upgrades...Front, Rear, and Extension don't affect PP, so I suppose just the Wing is not allowed.

For aerodynamic upgrades...Front, Rear, and Extension don't affect PP, so I suppose just the Wing is not allowed.

It says aero isn't allowed in the original post, so that means all parts aren't allowed, not only the rear wing. If you have any installed and it's seen on replay your lap will be disqualified by the person checking.

It says aero isn't allowed in the original post, so that means all parts aren't allowed, not only the rear wing. If you have any installed and it's seen on replay your lap will be disqualified by the person checking.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I didn't install anything just to be safe, anyway...except for suspension upgrades. I even put on a body-colored carbon bonnet, and left the transmission stock.

I might upload the tune I used.

SPLITS

Disregard those splits, they don't matter anymore. Updated here.

Last edited:
This combo is outstanding, I'm completely addicted.

I was hoping to break the minute mark, I guess that will have to wait until later.

This car flys really nicely.

Any ideas on suspension setup for this one?

I tested this combo with a few tunes found at GTP:
Neither are specific for this track or these regulations, but they are better than stock. Anxious for one of the great tuners to publish a setup for this track. I'm useless with tunes.

Glad you like it. I thought it was a diamond in the rough. In truth this event has been in the planning stages (for me) since I watched the live feed of the GTA NA finals. I really wanted to use the GTA prize car for this event that just came out so we waited until now. But when I received the the car and realized we'd have to add parts that could not be removed I figured that would be a problem given it's a one-and-only-one car and adding those parts would mean it could never be run in a tuning prohibited race. I found this "Lady" instead and it was love at first drive for me. :dopey: I asked Lucas to take a few laps and it took him a few to warm up to the Lady, but he had a crush pretty quickly and once he was "smitten" I knew there was some hope you guys would like it too. :lol:

Also, the reason there is no wing is because it actually destroys the "flight path" of the car. It flies way better without the aero. With the rear wing attached it lands tail first and is way more irratic, try it and you'll see right away. Without the wing it's a nice nose first landing with a lot of control. I'm not really that into the jump, but I love the rest of the track and with that type of flight path the jump is really just a straight with a slightly tricky turn following it. I don't think anyone needs to focus a lot of specific technique to the jump approach or landing, but you guys manage to push everything to the edge so I'm sure we'll all learn something there too this week. 👍

Also the racing exhaust ruins the nice sound of this car so it was left off. Before you verify any laps you should slap that on and see what an obvious sound difference it makes. It'll be easily verifiable upon replay review if you know what you are listening for. The car sounds great with stock exhaust and terrible with the exhaust upgrades.

PS> @ Nick Skyline... Is that a Pokemon in your avatar? I wouldn't know but my son was pretty excited when he looked over my shoulder and saw that. :lol: He says it's Emolga, but I'm too old to know about that stuff. :sly:

Last edited:
I'll try to post my tune tonight, but be warned, I've never gotten a compliment on any tunes I've posted in the past.

@Tim. I think the car is perfect, no aero needed.

Win some, loose some. Love the combo, good car, just not keen on the 'carrousel'.

I see multiple flyin' actions ;)

CapeRingNoord.jpg

CapeRingNoord_1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm terrible at Cape Ring and all it's layouts so I'll probably be putting a bunch of time into this one.

I was hoping to break the minute mark, I guess that will have to wait until later.

Whaaaa...?!

Doesn't feel like I can do much more... @ 393bhp/503pp

Track image on LB is the south loop btw. North is the opposite side. Crazy splits Baron, I must be doing something wrong here!

Track image on LB is the south loop btw. North is the opposite side. Crazy splits Baron, I must be doing something wrong here!

I don't think we've ever done the North Loop so the image isn't in the database... Maybe Speedy can fix that?

First shirt test, still with automatic shifting.

Last edited:
Here's my setup.

LSD 5/18/10

-5/-15
12.0/9.0
7/7
4/3
5/2
2.2/1.1
-.15/-.15

bb 6/7

Tranny trick, then

Final: 4140

Went back and made sure my settings are correct because Matt made me nervous, and it looks good.

Nice start Baron 👍 You'll get there Matt - its one of those cars where the motto works... "Thrash it mercilessly" :P

So I thought it was about time I actually learned how to drive at least one of the Cape Ring circuits - I've disliked it from the off but possibly mostly because of that abomination of a jump. Its just ridiculous.... But anyway, the rest of the circuit isn't too bad I suppose, if a bit like a roller coaster. Driving it in a fast car reminds me a little of Wipeout. :sly: But I love this car, so here goes.

Setup so far

0/-25
17.0/12.0
9/7
9/7
7/7
2.0/1.0
0.00/0.00

5/16/7

Tranny trick, final @ 4149 (almost the same as Baron as it turns out :))

BB 7/2 ABS 10

Hard to say how much more there might be... first time really caning it round here but the car feels good.

Last edited:
7 / -25
14.6 / 14.9
7/6 7/6 7/1
2.2 / 1.4
0.00 / 0.00

9/14/14

BB 4/6

Use Baron or Chris's transmission above

Never understood this sector 1 or the full cape ring sector 1! This lap overall wasn't bad. Much prefer this suspension.

Doh! I forgot spring rates in my setup... edited above. :dunce: Nice improvement Matt. 👍

I'll do a sector 1 video if you like... might help?

So I thought it was about time I actually learned how to drive at least one of the Cape Ring circuits - I've disliked it from the off but possibly mostly because of that abomination of a jump. Its just ridiculous.... But anyway, the rest of the circuit isn't too bad I suppose, if a bit like a roller coaster. Driving it in a fast car reminds me a little of Wipeout. :sly: But I love this car, so here goes.

Glad you are giving it a shot Chris. 👍 I thought at least with this car and regulations the jump's impact on the overall lap will be minimal. It kind of compromises the setup on a lot of cars if you have to tune specifically for a clean landing.

At least I'm not asking you guys to do this. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :lol:

My first splits:

Definitely a lot of areas to clean up in these two sectors, but my last sector is pure rubbish right now.

Decent start though Tim 👍

Ok, here's my current 1st sector. I can go at least another tenth I think but its a good guideline.

Back