:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: Original > Trial Mountain Reverse
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Japan > Mazda
  • Model: Roadster TC (DLC)

Vehicle Specifics:
  • Power: 224 HP (After Added Parts with Oil Change and Full Break In)
  • Weight: 795 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: N/A
  • Engine Modifications:
    • ECU Tuning Upgrade: Required
    • Engine Stage Upgrades: Engine Stage 3 Required
    • Engine Power Limiter: N/A
  • Intake Modifications:
    • Sports Intake Manifold: N/A
    • Racing Air Filter: N/A
  • Exhaust Modifications:
    • Sports Exhaust Manifold: N/A
    • Catalytic Converter: N/A
    • Titanium Racing Exhaust: N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Not Allowed - Default Setting Required (verifiable in replay)
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using the SRF Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Manual or Automatic
  • Aero: N/A
  • Tyre Type: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. This includes the yellow painted tarmac in the right hand turns leading to and out of the back straight.
  • For this event 4 tires must be in contact with the track surface at all times. Please see the Stewards Comments and Boundary specifics below.

Steward's Comments:
3D3 Racing has officially turned 1! 52 weeks of events later, and still going strong 👍
To celebrate the 1 Year Anniversary of 3D3 Racing we've decided to return to our very first event location for both the Time Trial and Online Race. The original event was in the Peugeot 207 GTi and it wound up being an incredibly fun race that exceeded all of our expectations. We've chosen a quicker car this time around - A car I've been dying to slip into a WRS event since it became available :D
For this week there are special boundary rules in order to make the event more 'real' with respect to how a real car would actually take the turns. The first chicane and final sector are the most affected, but the entire track requires 4 wheels (as opposed to 2 wheels) on track / rumbles at all times.

4 Tires on Track Boundary Examples: Left side = Dirty, Right Side = Clean

1Adirty.jpg
1Aclean.jpg

1Bdirty.jpg
1Bclean.jpg

uphill1dirty.jpg
uphill1clean.jpg

t2dirty.jpg
t2clean.jpg

final3dirty.jpg
final3clean.jpg

final4dirty.jpg
final4clean.jpg

Update: These 3 corners are exempt from the 4 wheels on the track rule. The first two turns are in T2 and the third one is in T3.

TrialMountainCircuit-1.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_1.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_2-1.jpg

It's really difficult to tell where the tarmac boundary ends (the lines aren't straight and colour similarities make it even harder to judge) and the white line is too far off the corner to be a realistic border so in these 3 corners the normal boundary rules apply. As long as there is no wall contact and 2 tires remain on the Tarmac the corners are clean.

Viewing your T1 and T2 Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

pb060041mt3.jpg

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

TrialMountainCircuit_2.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • All 4 tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if all four tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track. Concrete sections bordering the Rumbles are not track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.
Number of splits: 2

TrialMountainCircuit_7.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 82 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, September 10th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

TrialMountainCircuit_5.jpg

Thank You to everyone who has raced with us and contributed to the WRS Online community in the last year.
3D3Signature.png

:cheers:

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:

4 wheels on the track is hard.

Last edited:
Congrats 3d3! Here's to many more :cheers:.

Is this car shareable?

Thanks, Mohit. 👍

Unfortunately it's not shareable. Oddly you can put it on share. :odd: Just, no one can borrow it from you. :rolleyes:

Great pick, Marc! :drool:

Last edited:
Sorry Mohit, and I apologize to anyone that doesn't have the car. I really thought it was shareable.
When I was setting up the combo I made sure to share the car online and it uploaded the same as any other car would, in fact it's online now. It never occurred to me to ask someone to borrow it. After all, what's the point in allowing it to be shared if no one can borrow it? It wasn't until Friday evening that Pekka pointed out the flaw in the plan.

Is this a free car that came with DLC at some point? I dont recall seeing it, but I do have other 'TC' cars so it might be there....

I liked trial mountain in the 1700kg Maserati, this should be fun as well as tricky with the revised rules. Cheers Marc!

Sorry forget that I get it now

Finally managed to save a clean lap :D, got the hang of it now me thinks :P. Frist splits ......

Last edited:
Awesome! But what...? 4 wheels on track? What, is Trial Mountain not hard enough as it is? :sly: Anyway, should be a blast in this kart.

Question: Are we only posting T1 and T2 times or T3 as well (4 sector track) - just checking. :)

This was the first car I used after I got my G27, I did the Tsukuba 4 hour endurance to test out the 6 speed gearbox and it is a great car! Can't wait to get my teeth stuck into this :)

Happy Birthday 3D3 :cheers: Congratulations to all people who make this possible week after week 👍

I also don't have the car and don't intend on buying that DLC.
Perhaps I can find and tune a car to the same specs and make a shadow leaderboard for drivers who want to participate without having the car.

Firecracker
Nice, no need to had parts only to change tires and tune!

Make sure you add the ECU, and stage 3 engine upgrade.

Skipping this one, don't have the car and I'd probably go crazy trying to revise my normal line to keep 4 tires on the track.

Congrats to 3D3, its amazing how much time you guys put into the races, which are always very well thought out and organized. Wish I could make it to more of them.

Last edited:
Had a quick first session, fun combo 👍

Last edited:
Had a quick go.. great car, remembered how much I hate that chicane at the start on the reverse circuit.. Couple that with trying to keep 4 wheels on track and its a little more frustration than I have patience for.

Maybe consider scrapping the 4 wheels on track rule? Not sure that's going to work well for most.

Vagabond
Had a quick go.. great car, remembered how much I hate that chicane at the start on the reverse circuit.. Couple that with trying to keep 4 wheels on track and its a little more frustration than I have patience for.

Maybe consider scrapping the 4 wheels on track rule? Not sure that's going to work well for most.

I think the point was to avoid the need for... Jump, turn, slide, pray you don't hit wall. Basically a magic/lucky jump slide was required to compete. Only saving grace was it was the first corner so you could reset laps 100x... That's what I call frustrating.

Not a realistic approach to a corner either as the survival rate of a real driver would be too low to afford the insurance.

Fair go Tim. :) Its a blind luck hit-and-hope chicane anyway and I've never liked it in either direction to be honest.

I'm ok with the boundary rules.

I'm also ok with this combo as I had requested this car be used in a combo weeks ago. :D

I also don't have the car and don't intend on buying that DLC.
Perhaps I can find and tune a car to the same specs and make a shadow leaderboard for drivers who want to participate without having the car.

This is just the third time we've used DLC content for a Time Trial combo. Spa track has been used twice, and this is the first DLC car we've used.

We always want to work to keep these as accessible as possible, for drivers of all abilities and means.

But there will be occasional exceptions.

You're of course free to post up whatever time trial you would like in the spot race section, but we won't want posted splits and comments from a different car in this thread or the WRS forums.

Regarding the 4 wheels on track, I think Tim said it right. Finding the limit in that first chicane will still involve some luck, but of a different and more realistic sort.

Since Little and myself took so much time to clean up our little hotrod and brand it w/ it's new racing stripe, I just have to show it off :)

picture.php

I think that I will give this one a run since I dig my hotrod so much. I have been so busy lately trying to get my new shop prepared for the biggest undertaking I have ever delt w/ and haven't had much time lately for the fantesy stuff. Life for me is going to be so exciting in the next few months it's all I can do to keep it under raps. I expect a small slow down this next week so this combo will fill in nicely as long as I keep my eyes on the prize.

Last edited:
@Lefty. This week marks the 1 year anniversary of 3D3 Racing and you were one of our first big supporters and your enthusiasm helped Lucas, Marc and I launch the series successfully and stay afloat until we gained some traction and well before we became sanctioned as WRS-Online. Thanks!

It would be really cool if you made an appearance in the lounge on the 12th... if not to race (because of network issues) just to make a cameo and say hi during pre-race.

Can't believe it's already been a year. Thanks buddy and wish you were still racing with us (or trading paint as you always say). 👍

It would be really cool if you made an appearance in the lounge on the 12th... if not to race (because of network issues) just to make a cameo and say hi during pre-race.

I'm really happy 3D3 is still rocking 👍 I have had a really up and down year also but want to extend my fondest congrats to your great contribution to the WRS w/ your online effort.

I might check in w/ a buddy of mine who has a connection that is 3 times faster then mine and is hard wired to the switching station for stability. Maybe if I'm lucky I can haul my driving rig over to his place and see if I can race in the inaugural.

????????????????????????????????? QUESTION ?????????????????????????????????????????????
So if I'm to get this right, when were at the edge of the tarmac and there is concrete before we get to the red and white rumbles and it then turns into red N white, the conc is O.B.??? Eventhough it is the same width to the side of the tarmac as the red and white rumbles?

Last edited:
It sounds like you are interpretting it correct, Lefty.

Stated more simply: None of your tires can touch any concrete...only tarmac and red-n-white rumbles.

EDITed on Sep 4, 2012, after getting my understanding correct:

You can touch illegal areas with your tires, as long as some part of all 4 tires remains in contact with legal tarmac and red-n-white rumbles.

Last edited:
CONGRATULATION 3D3 for a full year of spectacular racing! I am honoured to be a part of the team and look forward to many more years of racing!

Al

I'm really happy 3D3 is still rocking 👍 I have had a really up and down year also but want to extend my fondest congrats to your great contribution to the WRS w/ your online effort.

Thanks Lefty 👍
It would be great to have the 'original' drivers at the anniversary online event!
Our unofficial recruiterbot is in charge of participation, your inbox will be lit up shortly ;)

Well I had a go at this one, hard to switch to the new rules but I think I got it for now!

Al

It sounds like you are interpretting it correct, Lefty.

Stated more simply: None of your tires can touch any concrete...only tarmac and red-n-white rumbles.

Actually you could touch concrete, as long as a part of your weels is on tarmac... or is that not allowed either ?

Just keep it clean, gentlemen.

Frank, your scenario would mean that we'd have to verify using the inside edge of the tire, and that can be painful due to the darkness under the car.

Frank, you're correct. 👍
The verification point will be the inside edge of the tire. But think about how much trouble you want your reviewer to go to...

For the online race, with Edge Grip = Real, you won't want to hit anything but tarmac. 👍

Last edited:
Back