GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 82 : Return To Trial Mountain

• Thread starter Hydro
  • 142 comments
Or one could use the power limiter.

True, but then that would defeat the purpose of putting it on wouldn't it? I suppose you could get away with a few more horses and not raise too much attention, but then, if you were that kind of racer....

The acceleration curve is steeper - its obvious on the data logger.

It's probably detectable in the data logger, but on the other hand checking replays should be as easy as possible.
True, but then that would defeat the purpose of putting it on wouldn't it? I suppose you could get away with a few more horses and not raise too much attention, but then, if you were that kind of racer....

That kind of racers shouldn't get a possibility to cheat.

Although Chris is right, the data logger would give away a powerlimted SUpercharged car, I agree that the data logger shouldn't need to be used for regular verification purposes too.
Usually (in the past) all upgrades were installed in order to entirely remove the possibility of cheating. We've started to shy away from that system so that we can use cars as they were designed to be driven - or at least as close as possible.

I'll have to double check my testing notes when I get to my PS3 tonight to see what I may have missed. Even without adding all the upgrades we've been able to tell the difference between legal and non legal cars so far, in the interest of fairness, it's the only way to go 👍

Still with doubts...

Stated more simply: None of your tires can touch any concrete...only tarmac and red-n-white rumbles.

The verification point will be the inside edge of the tire. But think about how much trouble you want your reviewer to go to...

What´s the correct interpretation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, Joao, the first quote is wrong. The 2nd quote is correct. You can touch out of bounds areas, but some part of all 4 tires needs to remain in contact with legal tarmac and red-n-white rumbles.

EDIT: I went back to my first quote and edited it to be consistent with the 2nd quote.

Thanks Lucas

In that case some first splits, with Kevin tune 👍

But having lots of problems with my "flickering brake", it´s so annoying going on a good lap and suddenly the ghost goes by, because the car is braking.
And still can´t get the bolt of the pedal to clean it inside :ouch::ouch:

Still with doubts...

What´s the correct interpretation?

I thought it was cleared by Marc. It is basically the same as it always has been except all for tires must remain on the tarmac, except for the exclusions Marc update the post with.

That being said, Lucas was merely pointing out that with the change to all four tires needing to be on the track, it shifts the emphasis of proof to the inside of the tire verses the outside. This makes it more difficult as the inside of the tire is usually in the dark shadows under the car.

As Rosanne Rosanadana would say: "Nevermind"

Joao, have you tried compressed air? mine did it again during the week 81 event and i just a used a can of ''air duster'' for computers(normaly i use the air compressor at the shop but it was the weekend..) it was enought to clean it, work fine since. :)

I think I might be done. This took over an hour and it was my ONLY clean lap :banghead:

I lost over a tenth in T2 and even had a small lift through the last corner, but hung on for a PB. I do like the combo and think the race will be excellent :)

Last edited:
Slightly better splits but found over a full second in T3 and T4 with Kevin's tune.

Al

Thanks Lucas

In that case some first splits, with Kevin tune 👍

But having lots of problems with my "flickering brake", it´s so annoying going on a good lap and suddenly the ghost goes by, because the car is braking.
And still can´t get the bolt of the pedal to clean it inside :ouch::ouch:
Are you using G27?

Hmmm...finding this just as frustrating as when we ran the track in the Peugeot. Regardless of whether we can run over the concrete or not, that wall still keeps jumping out at me! Got T2 a little better but now I can't get T1 right. Going all over the place on set-up having started from Kevin's baseline...Hopefully get more time later

Nice splits Joao 👍

Race on :cheers:

Using Kevin's tune. 👍 I lengthened the gears a little, just a couple mph.

First turn is hit or miss, but my current method aims the left tires at the left rumbles, just coasting in 5th, and when I'm airborne, I crank the wheel to 180deg right and downshift to 4th. Back on the power and shift up to 5th.

Had a lot of fun with this one, Marc. :cheers:

Joao, have you tried compressed air? mine did it again during the week 81 event and i just a used a can of ''air duster'' for computers(normaly i use the air compressor at the shop but it was the weekend..) it was enought to clean it, work fine since. :)

The problem is that i have a damaged bolt on the brake pedal and i can´t open it to clean the connectors :ouch:

Nice splits Joao 👍

Race on :cheers:

Thanks Jon, can do much better, but everytime i´m on a good lap the flickering brake appears :banghead:

Are you using G27?

Yes, i´m even thinking in buying a new :dunce:

Yes Joao no problem just spray air inside where the brake pedal is and it will clean no need to remove anything :) it worked twice for me.

Yes, i´m even thinking in buying a new
Did you buy it new? and under 2 years ago? Iv'e just received my replacement g27 today.:)

But I had the same problem!

Right first off a smoke:crazy:

2nd- 370z gta tt on nurburgring

3rd Mada MX5 tc wrs tt Trial Mountain

Edit: sorry double post was posting from my phone.. :)

Had to urge to try this one. A bit rusty though. I don't remember doing one lap on the reverse version before, it's like learning a completely new circuit.

Thanks to Kevin for your tune. 👍

New splits:
Improvement in T1, slower T2 and faster OT.

Improvements in each sector, small but that's ok! :)

Last edited:
Well I have over 1000km's already on this combo. I do not think there is much left out there for me. I may have time to try this on Monday but for now this is it.

Al

Need some change :) Found little improvment, this is harder then I thought it would be...

Last edited:
After doing an acceptable quali run for the Enduro last night, I went and thrashed this combo some more in full anger, and ... ended up dirty in the 2nd-to-last turn. :ouch:

That said, I am glad we are doing the 4-wheel rule this week. A bit of a different challenge. 👍

EDIT: Next week's 1yr anniversary online race thread is up!

Last edited:
After doing an acceptable quali run for the Enduro last night, I went and thrashed this combo some more in full anger, and ... ended up dirty in the 2nd-to-last turn. :ouch:

That said, I am glad we are doing the 4-wheel rule this week. A bit of a different challenge. 👍

EDIT: Next week's 1yr anniversary online race thread is up!
I think that the 1st turn (jump) qualifies the rule for this week. It makes taking the 1st two turns a hit & miss proposition and quite a challenge for me.

I won't be participating for a while as the plastic ring that holds the two paddles in place on the T500 RS broke this am. I will be able to post my replay though. I have a replacement part coming next week, so will race with broken part.

Last edited:
Back