GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 86 : Who Needs Headlights?

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 126 comments

MadMax

GTP Race Admin
Finland
Finland
GTP_MadMax
wrstitlestimetrials2.png

GT5 Week 86 : Who Needs Headlights?

gt5logo.png

Hotlap Event in Seasonal Time Trial Format

firsty.jpg

HKS CT230R '08

secondsm.jpg

Toscana (Dirt)

thirdmk.jpg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Seasonal Events : Time Trial No. 46: 550PP Toscana Time Trial
  • Track: Toscana (Dirt)
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Japan > HKS
  • Model: CT230R '08 - Pretuned
  • Borrow from GTP_3D3Racing or GTP_3D3_C (See race specifics)

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 393 HP
  • Weight: 1230 kg
  • Transmission: Manual or Automatic
  • Driving aids: Active Steering , Driving Line and ABS Allowed. Traction Control and ASM - Not Allowed - Verifiable by Watching Replay HUD (Skid Recovery Force Disabled in this Game Mode)
  • Tyre Type: Dirt Tyres , on replay they will read as Sports Softs.
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: RA functions : Ok to adjust 4WD Torque Splitter and Brake Balances.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account.
  • The car needs to be borrowed from either GTP_3D3Racing or GTP_3D3_C
  • If you are already on the GTP_3D3Racing friends list with your GTP_Tag account you're good to go.

• If you are not on the GTP_3D3Racing Friends list, you MUST send a friend request (via PSN Network on your PS3) to GTP_3D3_C to get access to this car.

• The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with any walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ. Beware that most track boundaries are invisible walls.
  • All surfaces are track.

Steward's Comments:
This combo was made possibly by a simple typo in Seasonal Event No. 17 Eiger Norwand W Trail Time Trial , about one year ago.
The typo allowed cars to enter the event without purchasing Dirt tyres.
Which made it possible to take over 200 non rallyable cars on dirt. :D
The car has been pretuned to 550PP , so that it is pretty safe to be driven on dirt.
Be warned thought , landing a jump badly can in some cases invalidate your lap just the same as hitting a wall or invisible wall.

Jump in and have fun. (Take it easy on lap 2 when the sun goes down , after awhile you'll be able to see the road again.)

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

pb060041mt3.jpg

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

fourth.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed via other private conversation methods
):
  • Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
  • This includes discussion of the Gold, Silver and Bronze times for the event. Don't discuss how you compare to those times.

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:
  • T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of Splits: 2

fifth.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 86 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, October 15th, 2012 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

wheelie.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Wow, a new challenge, and very intresting at first sight. Running in this format does mean that if youre on the friends list, we will be able to follow eachothers times online in gt5 :)

Wondering how many cars you got stocked there :dunce:

Wow, a new challenge, and very intresting at first sight. Running in this format does mean that if youre on the friends list, we will be able to follow eachothers times online in gt5 :)
If you haven't set a faster time with another car before that.;)

That should be quite interesting! I just did this time trial using a... RUF CTR2 '96! That was quite frustrating... the car just won't turn. Hopefully this one will be better.

Yes, and we consider that a method of private communication, as mentioned in the first post. OK to share the time with your friends, if you so choose. And if you would prefer to mask the time, just run the TT with a faster car, as Wes suggests.

EDK
Yes, and we consider that a method of private communication, as mentioned in the first post. OK to share the time with your friends, if you so choose. And if you would prefer to mask the time, just run the TT with a faster car, as Wes suggests.

You guys always seem able to suprise us, awsome events, week after week 👍

First splits, improving my lap set with the Lancer Rally Car. (not the super rc)

Last edited:
GTP_3D3Racing & GTP_3D3_C were on my friends list, but are not on it now. Why did they drop me off? And how would I borrow the car from them?

GTP_3D3Racing & GTP_3D3_C were on my friends list, but are not on it now. Why did they drop me off? And how would I borrow the car from them?

Once you have acces to the players PROFILE, just pick the car....

Players PROFILE? WhaDat??
As soon as I receive another friends request.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you were taken off because you didn't race too often in the Online races and they needed to make room for other users. Just re-add the accounts and I'm sure it'll be sorted out 👍

Sorry guys, we do purge the list from time to time to make room for online drivers.
I'll go add any driver requests right now 👍

Just add the ID's and we will be sure to check for requests several times a day.

Sent a friend request to GTP_3D3_C.

Not quite understanding the tire explanation. How can a WRS TT typo make cars you cant buy dirt tires for able to drive on dirt?

Edit: Thanks Marc. Going to go try this TT now so excited. Hope the tunes nice.:)

Sent a friend request to GTP_3D3_C.

Not quite understanding the tire explanation. How can a WRS TT typo make cars you cant buy dirt tires for able to drive on dirt?

Edit: Thanks Marc. Going to go try this TT now so excited. Hope the tunes nice.:)
There was a glitch on one prior dirt TT (The week we did "Gettin' Dirty with a French Girl" in the Clio). It allowed ANY car to go on track, regardless of whether it could be equipped with Dirt tires in GT Auto. The TT actually installed dirt tires on the car, and any car that entered the event can in turn be used on dirt going forward.

Pekka is a crazy Fin, so he took it upon himself to "glitch" a whole bunch of cars that week, including Ferraris. :lol:

So he came up with the idea to use this glitched car so that we could have an Arcade mode dirt event with a forced PP and SRF forced off. Brilliant, in my mind. :D

Mental Pekka, completely mental. :D Wouldn't the F40 have been a good choice too? :P

Anyway, managed to figure out how to get the thing round without hitting every invisible wall on the way, and red clocking by landing the jumps too hard/at the wrong angle. :crazy: Certainly a change from last week's combo and a change is as good as, well, banging your head on a wall, heh.

Absolutely no idea what is possible yet but probably at least another 0.2 in each sector I would've thought.

Mental Pekka, completely mental. :D Wouldn't the F40 have been a good choice too? :P

Anyway, managed to figure out how to get the thing round without hitting every invisible wall on the way, and red clocking by landing the jumps too hard/at the wrong angle. :crazy: Certainly a change from last week's combo and a change is as good as, well, banging your head on a wall, heh.

Absolutely no idea what is possible yet but probably at least another 0.2 in each sector I would've thought.

Nice splits to start with Chris, well at least I had my two hours of topping the leaderboard ;)

Thanks Frank 👍 - don't think I'll be there for long either once Wes arrives.... or maybe Ron will pop in for a visit...

If you do not want to share / let others see your time , you can also do this to hide it:

Enter the Seasonal Event Time Trial and once the event has fully loaded , log out from PSN/PSE.
This will prevent the game from (automatically) uploading your time to online servers , but will still allow you to run the event with your GTP_Tag.

One more thing I'd like to add ,
The car has had an oil change , which means that it'll start losing power after ~ 58 consecutive laps / 1,5 hours.
If/when you notice the power level dropping , re-borrow the car and you'll be good to continue.

Mental splits Chris. :drool:

The F40.. I haven't tested it on dirt , yet.

Thanks mate - not a bad start. :) Haha yeah test the F40 - that'll be a stone-bonker of a ride. 👍

Until Wes or Ron shows up I will race with you Chris, Im not to shabby sometimes on dirt.

Great car Pekka. Great TT idea. Nice tune also is it yours? Wont take every corner excactly how I want but its good.👍

Edit:

My PB to T1 is a 31.51x so can theoritically get to T2.....alot quicker! :)

Last edited:
Until Wes or Ron shows up I will race with you Chris, Im not to shabby sometimes on dirt.
Good call Jack - I forget you're a bit of a dirt demon. Great splits. 👍 I've only done about 10 laps so far - then it was F1 at 5.30am and now I'm knackered so probably won't have much to offer today... but you're showing the way there and a bit faster than I'd guessed might be possible in sector 2. Watch this space... :sly:

Edit - being knackered obviously works for me...

More in sector 1... done a few .6s there. Best sector 2 so far and an average finish.

Last edited:
Sent FR.

No secrets this week because the seasonal TT has leader boards with overall time and replays. Should be fun anyway.

I just have to give this one a swing :) The car is great and I love the dirt sooooo I guess I'll have to find some time for this one. I have been super focused lately on my big project and since I'm out of Argon for my TIG welder that I need about another thousand hours practicing on before my aluminum welds look good enough to show off, playing hooky will be something I'll make up for next week.

I sure hope that we get a bunch of members for this one, good luck everyone 👍

Little keeps finding a way to beat me after I show him the way around the track and I thought that I was going to be his toughest challenge :lol:

Last edited:
Sent FR.

No secrets this week because the seasonal TT has leader boards with overall time and replays. Should be fun anyway.

You have been added. 👍

Back