GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 86 : Who Needs Headlights?

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 126 comments
I'm using stock Torque splits. I've tried other splits, but just makes the rear want to swap direction. :)

I'm going to have to pass on this week. Just tried my first attempt and within 5 minutes of starting the time trial, my PS3 fan kicked up to high speed.

I used 50/50 torque and 8/10 brakes. Active steering was either mild or strong. ABS 10.

Changed to 50/50 torque and using 4/7 BB.
4+ tenths better OT.

All around improvements.

Last edited:
T1: 32.518
T2: 43.396

Just cleaned the coolest slide through the horse shoe at the end and blew past my ghost by a full tenth at the line :lol:

T1: 32.418
T2: 43.411

I was chasing the Evo and forgot that I was in the WRS car ..... :lol:

T1: 32.186
T2: 43.458

Last edited:
I was chasing the Evo and forgot that I was in the WRS car ..... :lol:
Haha, good way to go faster 👍

Here's a look at a 31.661 1st sector... maybe some help and maybe encourage a few more people to have a go...

LeftyWright69
I was chasing the Evo and forgot that I was in the WRS car .....
Haha, good way to go faster Haha, good way to go faster 👍

Here's a look at a 31.661 1st sector... maybe some help and maybe encourage a few more people to have a go...
Vagabond: Great video, excellent control!!
Thanks
Gayle

Last edited:
I used 50/50 torque and 8/10 brakes. Active steering was either mild or strong. ABS 10.

Active Steering is allowed this week.

Al

Vehicle Specifics:

Power: 393 HP
Weight: 1230 kg
Transmission: Manual or Automatic
Driving aids: Active Steering , Driving Line and ABS Allowed. Traction Control and ASM - Not Allowed - Verifiable by Watching Replay HUD (Skid Recovery Force Disabled in this Game Mode)
Tyre Type: Dirt Tyres , on replay they will read as Sports Softs.
Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
In Event Tuning Settings: RA functions : Ok to adjust 4WD Torque Splitter and Brake Balances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Active Steering is allowed this week.

Al

Vehicle Specifics:

Power: 393 HP
Weight: 1230 kg
Transmission: Manual or Automatic
Driving aids: Active Steering , Driving Line and ABS Allowed. Traction Control and ASM - Not Allowed - Verifiable by Watching Replay HUD (Skid Recovery Force Disabled in this Game Mode)
Tyre Type: Dirt Tyres , on replay they will read as Sports Softs.
Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
In Event Tuning Settings: RA functions : Ok to adjust 4WD Torque Splitter and Brake Balances.
Uhm Al, I think that part you quoted says it IS allowed.:P

Last edited:
I don't know anyone who has ever thought that ASM is a speed secret, I think it is for those who have to use SRF ........ :lol:

Last edited:
Whats up this week Al?? I'm waiting for you to leave us Div 4'ers in the dust!! :)

:dunce: What is ASM then?

Al

Active Stability Management

Allegedly, if you start to spin out it cuts power and normally slows you down and saps the power from the car. But how PD implemented it is anyone's guess.

Last edited:
Active Stability Management

Allegedly, if you start to spin out it cuts power and normally slows you down and saps the power from the car. But how PD implemented it is anyone's guess.

OK Thank you! Sorry Airsick! I misunderstood.:dunce:

Al

Hey my friends, whats up. Good news and I'm so excited. I just got a new laptop so now I can finally join the fun and submit replays when required. Sure is different typing on a regular keyboard as opposed to having to use that damn PS3 controller, lol. Anyways, sorry for off topic, I am just excited about this new technology that I had to tell you guys. Look forward to getting back in on the fun and the good competition. Peace.

So, I sat for 2 hours and came up with these new splits. I have seen 9/10ths faster in T1 but can't make it back up the hill clean afterwards. Maybe I am just too tired so time to pack up for the night.

Al

GTP_CargoRat
Hey my friends, whats up. Good news and I'm so excited. I just got a new laptop so now I can finally join the fun and submit replays when required. Sure is different typing on a regular keyboard as opposed to having to use that damn PS3 controller, lol. Anyways, sorry for off topic, I am just excited about this new technology that I had to tell you guys. Look forward to getting back in on the fun and the good competition. Peace.

👍 I'm sure you won't miss that awful PS3 web browser. Good luck!

I have seen 9/10ths faster in T1 but can't make it back up the hill clean afterwards.

When your crowning out before going down the hill before the uphill, keep your nose on the inside rotating the car slightly as your going down, you should be in 4th going WFO, before you hit the bottom of the hill try pitching it early by slaming it in 3rd and get it to start moving to the right as you hit the bottom of the hill and the angle of the up hill will add force under your tires to keep you there. If you blow out wide sweeping the up hill then start pitching it in a little earlier and try to track the early part of the hill untill you can punch it to zip up the inside before the left hander. This is a fun turn when you hit it right, hope it helpzzzz :)

When your crowning out before going down the hill before the uphill, keep your nose on the inside rotating the car slightly as your going down, you should be in 4th going WFO, before you hit the bottom of the hill try pitching it early by slaming it in 3rd and get it to start moving to the right as you hit the bottom of the hill and the angle of the up hill will add force under your tires to keep you there. If you blow out wide sweeping the up hill then start pitching it in a little earlier and try to track the early part of the hill untill you can punch it to zip up the inside before the left hander. This is a fun turn when you hit it right, hope it helpzzzz :)

Thanks Lefty, I hope to get behind the wheel this afternoon and try it out.

Al

I got 45 minutes behind the wheel. Thanks Lefty. My T2 sucks but I made it through clean. A full 1 second better at the line!

Al

Last edited:
T1: 32.186
T2: 43.458

Man do I change when I'm chasing my Evo ghost, I put my self in the frame of mind that if both cars have the same PP there's no reason that I can't catch it :lol:

T1: 32.152
T2: 43.374

Seems to be working :)

and I took .2 off the OT 👍

Back