Special Stage Route 5 / Reverse

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: Arcade Mode > Single Player > Time Trial
  • Track: City Track > Special Stage Route 5 / Reverse
  • Car Type: Garage/Favorites Car
  • Make: Japan > Toyota
  • Model: COROLLA LEVIN GT-APEX (AE86) '83 / SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86) '83
  • Power: 183 bhp (after oil change and specified power upgrades + power limiter)
  • Weight: 940 kg (stock)
  • PP: 407
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Comfort Soft (Front and Rear)
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Prohibited - Power parts as specified per car allowed.
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed
  • Custom Wheels and Paint Allowed.
  • COROLLA LEVIN GT-APEX (AE86) '83 power parts : High RPM Turbo , Exhaust Manifold and Intake Tuning. Power limiter 96.2%
  • SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86) '83 power parts : NA Tuning Stage 3 and Semi-Racing Exhaust. Power limiter 96.2%
Course Settings:
  • Time: Not Variable at This Track
  • Weather: Weather not Variable at This Track
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real
4_zpsfa1f7135.jpg

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
Steward's Comments:
AE86 Twins , unidentical twins I'm afraid . One is a couple millimeters longer than the other and has rev limiter 500rpm lower to start with. We did some under the hood remodelling to reunite the twins in a classic Natural Aspiration versus Turbo set up.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual split times, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)
Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.
5_zps5dae993d.jpg

Thread rules:
The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
The following information can be discussed in this thread :
  • The first 2 splits: T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion
6_zps7de7dc03.jpg

Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 44 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):
  • Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, November 24th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site
Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification
7_zpsb5d98832.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Mr. Lickety Split!! 👍 Thanks for your help testing it tonight.
:lol: Well I got too mad at the other TT once I blew my .8, so I figured I'd get some splits on the board for this one.
No problem:)

Last edited by a moderator:
First splits with the Levin:

1'02.450

This is sooo annoying without a lock diff, I'm spinning the inner wheel with the slightest throttle input, and it understeers like mad. I hate when a car does that :yuck:

After 25 km with the Sprinter Trueno:

1'01.792

This car feels better in terms of traction, but doesn't feel as good as the Levin in fast turns and weight transfer.

Nice combo with the hachi roku defenently gonna give this one a go.

The original "Initial D" combo. Probably going to be terrible here like the Bond Bimmer...:banghead:

Run 50 laps in different sessions - slightly faster with the Corollo Levin

1'03.947

If the Corolla is the faster of the two cars, why do we have a car choice? I'm kinda baffled here. :confused: I mean, why give us a car choice when one car is clearly faster than the other one. I haven't tested these yet, I'm just going by what others are saying.

RacingOtaku86
Slightly faster, eh? I can (almost) guarantee that everyone will use the Corolla over the Sprinter because it's faster, at least the fastest of the WRS. I just hope that during the races, we don't have the two trade together, because I fear that it's going to be lopsided. Just my opinion...

And now I wait for Lucas or someone else from the stewards to tell me to edit my post.
I suggest everyone try both for a good amount of time before jumping to conclusions. If the TT ends up lopsided, it will become obvious shortly.

In the online races we're planning to run a double-mix where everyone has to run both cars across 2 races, but you get to choose which car is used for which race.

Contrary to the implications above, we did actually test these cars a lot.

Last edited:
Say I start to run half an hour in the Corolla first. Then, I switch to the Sprinter for half an hour. Because the cars are similar, and I've now got half an hour experience with the combo, it is very likely that I will be faster with the Sprinter.

It's about how they perform in the long run after multiple sessions and a few hours total invested on both.

I'd like to pose a semi off topic question to those D1 aliens out there - how many of you run with an aftermarket brake spring in your pedal set and have ABS set to 0? This excludes @Ed_Night of course!

I've had a Nixim version pretty much since I got my G27 but haven't fitted yet due to warranty invalidation. Did any of you find it made the difference between the division you started in before having one and wherever you are now after having one?

I might be the first one but I'm no more than two tenths apart in one car compared to the other, and like the Pony car TT, I guess driving styles might also explain some of the difference.

I'd like to pose a semi off topic question to those D1 aliens out there - how many of you run with an aftermarket brake spring in your pedal set and have ABS set to 0? This excludes @Ed_Night of course!

I've had a Nixim version pretty much since I got my G27 but haven't fitted yet due to warranty invalidation. Did any of you find it made the difference between the division you started in before having one and wherever you are now after having one?

I'm using bog-standard G25 pedals. Haven't felt the need to modify them at all. Not everything is about brake pedal force. I feel that I can modulate it precisely enough with the force required. They say that muscle memory works best with amount of force, but over the years I've gotten used to knowing exactly how much throw is required for a certain brake action.

I can see how it will be an advantage when running with ABS 0, because the usable pedal throw gets so short you want a stiffer pedal. I just always run ABS 1.

I hate the Levin, I'll go with the Sprinter 👍
After a 20 lap stint this came out:

1'01.632

I've been faster in those sectors, but couldn't get the 3rd right. There should be 2-3 more tenths to grab.

I guess I've got the worst pedals in whole division 1 with the Driving Force GT, as mine are having issues again and again :( Starts to brake by itself and even if I use the vacuum cleaner or clean them otherwise there still are issues with the throttle, which you can also see in pretty much all my replays.
From what I've heard the G27 has the best standard pedals, haven't tried any aftermarket springs, yet. I guess the biggest advantage is when driving with ABS 0, as Bart said.

Back