4th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Collisions Off)

• Thread starter fishfash
  • 685 comments
Sounds like y'all had a good race lol. Shame I couldn't make it, I reckon a podium may have been on the cards with my consistency :(

OK first of all apologies to King, I noticed King had disconnected during qualy and I was hoping he could join just before the race start. I actually only did 1 lap in qualy and stopped the car and was deciding what to do :dopey:

If everyone is happy we can do Suzuka again next week with Brazil ?

Sorry King, it's my fault, what does everyone think ?

So my points won't count? As well as everybody elses? If so then no because all respect to King and he did make the race and seen as the Canadian Grand Prix wasn't postponed I will say no, sorry King.

Started 5th?, Finished 2nd

As usual no practice all week, and probs hadn't raced at this track for weeks. Bad quali as a result. Even worse start when i had an off on the first lap. After that i started to get back in to the Suzuka rhythm and was lapping on the pace. Set the fastest lap early on, and was making good progress. Had some good battles with GINTY and SHANE along the way up to 3rd place. NEV and GYLES were a few seconds up the road, and on the same pace as me. Then GYLES had an off, so i was in 2nd place, and then NEV had an off and i was in 1st. Felt very lucky because i'd just been gifted the lead really. I could see NEV was right back on it, so it was keeping me under pressure. Made a few mistakes along the way due to the lack of practice, but overall i was doing well considering. By the last few laps NEV had closed right up and it was now 50/50 who would win. He got my slip on the last lap through 130R, and i nearly got him back again but not enough time before the line. Fantastic battle with NEV, he deserved that win with a great fightback. Also well done for taking the FL on the last lap under pressure. Such a close 2nd place feels like a win for me cos i was all over the place at the start, but managed to turn it around. Cya next week for the final race :D

Nev, it would be a re-run so no points, but it depends on what everyone else thnks.

Anyone else, F1MadAd, GINTY1, Ardius ?

Also King can you tell us how far back where you when you late joined ?

Thanks.

No these results should stay, it wud be unfair on NEV to take away what was a great drive and win. Bad luck to KING for getting kicked, but ppl have been kicked before, thats online racing ain't it. Plus 2 races next week would take us into the early hours :bowdown:

Yes I understand F1MadAd but remember I gave you the 2nd place at imola after you got disconnected and did a vote and went with the majority vote 👍 Also we did the vote whether to delay the race at Canada.

Will have to wait for Ardius and GINTY1 to make comments on this. We could even start at 10:00PM, come on guys work with me here :lol:

This could be the last ever GT Planet Championship with F1CE :scared:

Yes but that was just adding points on when it was clear where i would have finished (which i was greatful for). But were taking about re-running a whole race here because 1 person got kicked. It was very unlucky for KING, but sorry GYLES but if you didn't make the decision to go back and restart with him there and then, it's unfair to make us do it all over again. But like you said it's a vote so whatever the majority decides will be... :)

OK, will have to wait for GINTY1 and Ardius, and what ever the majority vote we will go with that.

EDIT:- Actually thinking about this I need a vote from King as well, as this is my suggestion, King what do you want to do ?

Here is my race report.

Qualified 2nd, but only did 1 lap as I was thinking about restarting the race, but also at the same time was thinking about the rest of the field :nervous:

Off to a good start and for the first 6 laps I was trading places with Nev, great job there Nev 👍 On lap 7 I made a mistake at turn one and spun it. That put me in 4th, I was then battling with GINTY1 for 3rd. I managed to catch GINTY1 after the first round of stops after he made a mistake, I went into 3rd, but a lap later I did the same thing and spun it at turn 1.

None the less a good race for me, I had the pace and I have found consistent pace, turn that Controller Vibration off :lol:

Last edited:
Totally agree with MadAd. I'm not just saying this because I won but to stay up that late to race you guys and then be said that it didn't count. It's only like in real life when a car gets a problem just before the start of the gp and then they get put out a lap behind or so. Also, Gyles, you have said that you considered going back to the lobby, that decision should have been made there and then. If this were to go ahead then I would consider the withdrawal of myself from the whole championship.

I agree with Nev and F1MadAd just really annoyed as i sat there for 5 minutes waiting for shane.. When i got signed out we was all still in the lobby i just put 'you have to let me win' on the chat so can't see how you all was already qualifying.

To be honest. This is why we should have a chat up at the time of the race. That way if someone disconnects just before or during quali, then we can re-start it as we did for both PJ and I last season. If it persists to happen in the same event, then obviously you can't keep restarting, but the results should stick. It's a learning experience.

Here's a crazy thought :D Since I didn't get to do Monaco. Who fancies doing Monaco in the wet, with the steering wheel view a week after Interlagos? I doubt anyone would be able to see anything and just thought it may be good fun xD (Obviously no points included as the Championship would be over lol).

I love the Monaco idea and thanks King as well, I appreciate it as I'm sure many others do. I will unfortunately not be making the Monaco wet race as I know I'm doing something but as long as it doesn't count towards the championship I'm okay. See you guys at Interlagos for another action packed grand prix.

Aye, I just need to have a nice race at Interlagos, something which is never certain :lol:.
I would be happy if I had a similar race to Suzuka minus the bone-headed collision in the pit entrace (as at least thats more difficult to do at Interlagos..though the exit is fun).

I fully expect to be behind the usual suspects, hopefully Kak doesn't turn up so I can at least secure 7th. :P

Thanks for wishing me not to turn up Ardius ;) lol. Unfortunately for you, I will be there, and it's my last chance for a win, and I think I can do it as long as I'm focused enough xD

Monaco will be great, it'll be a true test for most drivers, but very fun at the same time.

First, welcome to the Championship SMK.

Erm, I think we have all pretty much decided that the time is best for most of us, so I don't think that will change, especially with only one race left.
I don't really understand the whole reasoning behind the 2 races. I mean, this isn't touring cars lol. It's an interesting idea, but I think the one race is best, as this is Formula One. Plus, it takes us near to midnight with just the one race, let alone adding an extra 10 lap race on top.

A week has always been how this thing works. Not only does it provide enough time for people to practice, but it also means that we can set a day where most of us are free for that period of time, as apposed to having many days where we have inconsistent turnouts.

As for test days, feel free to test as much as you like. If you go on during the week, you're sure to find someone from the Championship practicing at some point, and i'm sure they'll give you the password to let them into their race to practice with them. If not, you can just choose to practice on your own, which is usually what I tend to do. Mainly just because it's easier for me lol.

I hope this has helped, it hasn't really made any compromises, but with only one race left I don't expect much to change, and with F1 2010 coming out in a couple of months, it's possible that this is the final F1:CE GTP Championship and things may well change for the new game's Championship.

I'm sure some others may have some input as well :)

Glad you can make Monaco 👍

I am going to be frank after 24 hours i still am annoyed over what happened yesterday as it was my last chance to win a race. I got to thank my team mate for the call earlier i hope you enjoyed your 6 pack.lol

There's still one more chance for you King. If I remember rightly, you were doing well in Interlagos last season. Weren't you second for most of the race? I can't recall exactly where you finished, but you've improved a lot since then, so a win there is not out of your reach by any means.

And there's always the bonus race at Monaco xD, anyone could win that lol.

I wish I could make Monaco, sounds like it will be great fun but you can't do everything you want so there you go. I can't wait for Interlagos, I think so many could win it and no doubt it will come down to another 50:50 split, maybe even 33:33:33! It would be great for a 3rd win as I am coming out of this season on high and as I'm sure for everyone else, this win would be the icing on the cake.

sorry im late lads what a race for me didn't qualify . i see king went off line so i came out i thought everyone else would but no one did so i started from the back this was my first time using manual and wow im 2secs a lap faster but can't do it every lap yet i will get there to finish 3rd was the best i can hoped for . maybe in future if someone gets signed out in qualifying we should all go back to the lobby its fair then . bring on brazil REDBULL 2nd and king 3rd ? good luck mate see you all there can't wait.

There's still one more chance for you King. If I remember rightly, you were doing well in Interlagos last season. Weren't you second for most of the race? I can't recall exactly where you finished, but you've improved a lot since then, so a win there is not out of your reach by any means.

I just went back and checked i did finish 2nd not that i remember it lol think that was only because the collisions was on though.

Back