5-Car Garage

• Thread starter Apollo87
  • 345 comments
Let's have a think... like Famine I think I'm gonna have to offer two sets, the realistic and the less realistic...

Realistic five car (and one bike) garage:

The Daily Driver - Smart Roadster
light1.jpg

These are one of my favourite cars, full stop. So I'd have to have one in my dream garage, and the lack of practicality wouldn't be an issue as there are more practical choices in my garage. And it's basically an automatic too, so even quite pleasant in traffic.

The Escapist - Volkswagen Type 2 fitted with a modern VAG turbodiesel
2008VWTransporter01.jpg

I'd love one of these to just get away in on weekends. It'd be fitted with a modern VW turbodiesel to give it a little more pace and a little more economy, all the while reducing the possibility of it catching fire.

The Family - Alpina D3
BMW_D3_415-1024.jpg

A car with more class and better image than any standard BMW, 50mpg possible, good pace (8 seconds or less to 60mph), comfortable, good looking... a very, very good all-rounder.

The Toy - Lotus Elise 49
elise_49_front_web.jpg

It's the first generation Elise, so it's the prettiest and also the lightest. I love the way it looks with the 49 paint job and the interior is great too.

The Toy #2 - Ford Racing Puma
4bc7_27.jpg

I've always liked these, and if I have my way, I will own one some day. Supposed to be one of the best handling front-wheel drive cars ever. And it looks fantastic.

Bike - Cafe Racer'd Honda CG125
hcostelloCB125_2.jpg

Making something special out of a mundane motorcycle. There have been some really nice goes at this concept. (I know the bike above is a CB125, but they look similar anyway...)

The less realistic five car garage:

The Daily Driver - Porsche Cayman S
Porsche-Cayman-S-2007-1-1024x768.jpg

I can't think of a car I'd rather drive day-to-day than the Cayman. My favourite modern Porsche.

The Family - Porsche Cayenne... D!
porsche_cayenne_diesel_main630_01-1.jpg

Who cares about how it looks? Familiarity has bred acceptance with me, so I don't mind how it looks. Yet regardless of subjectivity, it's still quick, sounds great, has loads of space, and it's a cut above the Mercedes and BMW alternatives. And yes, I've gone for the diesel. If I wanted a sports car I'd buy one, if I'm going to get a big lump of a 4x4 then adequate performance is more than enough and it'll spend less time at the pumps which is great for longer journeys. It'd sit nicely in my dream garage beside a 2.7 RS.

The Jaw-Dropper
2009-Spyker-C8-Laviolette-3907043-3.jpg

I've always thought that if I had the money to buy a supercar, I'd actually not spend it on a supercar and buy lots of smaller, more humble cars instead along with a space to put them. But in reality I'd have to put some of that money towards a Spyker because I think they're beautiful and still have more performance than I'd ever need.

The Track Car/Toy - Mazda MX-5 Trial Sports (TS)
miatamx5_ts_1.jpg

Mazda only built one of these for the Tokyo motorshow back in 2003, although they did build limited runs of of more standard MX-5 Coupes. If I couldn't have the original I'd have to have one of the coupes turned into one of these - six-point roll cage, low backed bucket seats, uprated suspension, 160bhp. I had to have an MX-5 in there and this is the best of the best.

The Classic - Porsche Carrera RS 2.7
Porsche_Carrera_RS.jpg

This has displaced the Ferrari Dino as the classic I'd most love to own. Like the Dino it looks absolutely amazing albeit in a different, more agressive way. It also sounds fantastic and it's probably an even purer driving machine.

Last edited:
Ive already done this, but i dont care. i wanna do it again because over the past month ive had major car changes, ive fallen in love with new things....

like....

1. 2010 Porsche Boxter S, if you havnt seen it, go to porsche.com and check it out it has a TON of kick ass features.
2010-porsche-boxster-02.jpg

2. Aston Martin DB9. I love them soo much. and they kick ass.
Aston_Martin-DB9_2009_photo_0b.jpg

3. Jet bike. The same one that Jay Leno has and is super kick ass. (and fast)
08_feb_leno_01.jpg

4. I need something with 4 seats. just in case i wanna take my friends out for a night on the town. and when i move to hawaii gas mileage wont matter.
Hummer H1 (wagon)
Hummer-H1_2004_photo_1c.jpg

5. and ill end with something just to cruise around the town. drive on occasion.

Edo Lamborghini Murcielago LP710 Audigier 2009
Edo-Lamborghini_Murcielago_LP710_Audigier_2009_photo_01.jpg

I don't remember ever seeing the interior of a an H1, only the Humvee...That is awesome. That can't be the stock steering wheel though, no airbag.

1.) KP61 Starlet '80 ('bug-eye') with TRD bodykit and S2K engine+drivetrain swap for trackdays

A Toyota with a Honda engine?

That poor Starlet... :nervous: Why not something light and powerful from the mothership?

it's easier to find crashed S2K's than 20valve 4A-GE donors.. :lol: and no need to tune the engine to get nice amount of power.

Lol the H1 is a much bigger beast and does drive over most everything, and as far as i know that IS the steering wheel, because ive seen the same one on a few different ones for sale.

No. because that would mean so much cutting and welding and custom made mounts etc that it wouldn't be worth of the money and time spent. besides, with chaser engine, if you mean 2JZ or such.. oh why do I even bother explaining.. :irked: I'll say these things: weight distribution and center of gravity. and lets add suspension geometry and drivetrain. PM me when you figure out what I mean with these.

Hummers just look tough, but they aren't unless they're from army surplus sales..

You posted the wrong type of Hummer silly. The H1 is the REAL Hummer, the H2 is a POS.

njt.accident.700.jpg

That's what happens when a Minivan hits a REAL Hummer at apparently 40, but it was a lot less by the looks of it.

"I was hit by a minivan that ran a stop sign doing about 40 the other night. I saw she wasn't going to slow down for the Stop Sign too late and although I floored it, she hit my left rear wheel and rear bumper. The minivan looked to be totaled and the driver was taken to the hospital (thankfully, I don't think her injuries were life threatening). The first officer on the scene walked from one end of my truck to the other and asked "where did she hit you?". I pointed to the left rear of the Hummer and he said "Damn!... that's one tough truck". About 5 minutes later another officer came over and walked from one end of my truck to the other and asked "where did she hit you?". Again I pointed to the left rear of my Hummer and he said "Damn!... that's one hell of a tough truck". 3 police cars, 2 ambulances and a large fire truck were on the scene with traffic in both directions stopped when I got in my Hummer and drove home. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera on me but I will try to find the van for pictures. The worst of my damage was a heavy duty rear bumper bent at a 45 degree angle"

Lol the H1 is a much bigger beast and does drive over most everything, and as far as i know that IS the steering wheel, because ive seen the same one on a few different ones for sale.

Hm. It does look like its the standard one. Any idea why it wouldn't have the federally mandated driver's side airbag?

Hm. It does look like its the standard one. Any idea why it wouldn't have the federally mandated driver's side airbag?

Because the Hummer just runs through everything... Nothing has the stopping power to make the airbags actually deploy :D

HSV E-series Maloo
maloo03l700e.jpg

Aston Martin Vanquish S (With traditional gearstick conversion)
astonmartinv12vanquishsz.jpg

Toyota Celica ST162
800x600.jpg

BMW Z4 M Coupe (M, or standard)
bmwz4coupem2.jpg

Ford Fiesta
2009fordfiesta.jpg

Mmmm... someday. 👍

I'm revising mine:

Cooper S
i.mini.cooper.s.jcw.05aug.jpg

Hopefully this will be my next car, likely with this very same color scheme (like Paddy Hopkirk's old rally Mini) and four of the Mini driving ligts on the front. I like the size and reputation for very fun driving, plus it does well on fuel. I'd gradually upgrade it with the Works parts.

'06/'07 STI
419818370_11aaf757d8.jpg

My eventual plan is to own two, maybe three cars, combining fun and economy. Right now I've got a 4-door Accord that's great on fuel and can haul friends, then I'll get the Mini for the mountains and zipping around town. If I can, I'd then like to swap the Accord for this Impreza; it's got the passenger and trunk space, yet can still be fun on any terrain. This would stay stock for the most part. Blue.

'10 Mustang GT
2010-Ford-Mustang-GT.jpg

Another realistic possibility for the future, and my favorable third car. I'd have to upgrade the suspension and brakes. Then add some power and make it sound cool. I'm liking this color; it's got the cool factor of black, but doesn't hide the styling details.

'69 Mach 1
IMG_0411a.JPG

My dream car, if I could ever find/afford one. I'd update all the electronics, suspension, etc. Not sure between this color or black.

LP560-4
112_0808_02z+2009_lamborghini_gallardo_lp560_4+passenger_motion.jpg

If I ever struck it rich somehow, this would be my first purchase. Same color.

Last edited:
I still don't understand how the hell this isn't in cars in general :lol:

2010 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab(I'm a truck guy)
2008chevroletsilverado_red.jpg

2010 Audi A4 (other daily driver)
Audi_A4_2010_front.jpg

Now some muscle
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS
1969CamaroSS.jpg

1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS
ACFD28.jpg

1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1968Charger1.jpg

Skyline R33 for DD
gtr181.jpg

1300hp supra - because I refuse to trailer a fast car:)
wotmstore_2052_57741572

Ultima GTR - Because Bruce Lee isn't even this cool
blueultgtr.jpg

Ferrari F40 - because that's what's up
fs_white_f40.jpg

Peugeot 206 WRC - epic daily driver
peugeot-206-wrc-a0c.jpg

I think it would be difficult enough getting a production 206 registered, let alone a race car with none of the required stuff.

I think it would be difficult enough getting a production 206 registered, let alone a race car with none of the required stuff.

Given that in much of Europe WRC cars are completely road legal (they need an MOT certificate in the UK, for example), then theoretically you'd have no more problem registering a 206 WRC than you would a 206 1.1 LX. Though obviously, if it was impossible to get a 206 1.1 LX registered then getting the WRC registered would likely prove equally difficult...

I thought there was some sort of exception that they had where the WRC cars could only be driven on the streets between events or something like that? I saw that in a thread somewhere on here.

I thought there was some sort of exception that they had where the WRC cars could only be driven on the streets between events or something like that? I saw that in a thread somewhere on here.

You did indeed.

And as I mentioned a few times in that thread, WRC cars, and indeed other rally cars, are entirely street legal, at least in the UK (I remember Eirik mentioning in another thread somewhere that they need special dispensation in Norway, for example). They need to be street legal otherwise they wouldn't legally be allowed to drive on the streets in order to get between stages. And this means fully street legal. In the UK they aren't granted any special exception, they're just road legal full stop.

All WRC cars and indeed JWRC, PWRC and other rally cars are all legal to MOT standards in the UK. If they weren't, the police would have every right to pull them over and the driver would be disallowed to continue between stages. Just like Tommi Makinen in 1998 who tried to drive on the roads after knocking a wheel off on a stage and was pulled over. The car is only illegal if it's physically too damaged to continue! (The police incident is from 3'17 onwards).

You did indeed.

And as I mentioned a few times in that thread, WRC cars, and indeed other rally cars, are entirely street legal, at least in the UK (I remember Eirik mentioning in another thread somewhere that they need special dispensation in Norway, for example). They need to be street legal otherwise they wouldn't legally be allowed to drive on the streets in order to get between stages. And this means fully street legal. In the UK they aren't granted any special exception, they're just road legal full stop.
What I don't understand is why. Do these cars actually encounter any sort of traffic while running from stage to stage?

In short, yes
Really? I'll admit I don't follow rallying (very hard in the US), but from all the videos I had watched, I'd never seen them encounter any kind of traffic. Then again, the videos I have watched usually show the cars in forests or in the deserts.

I had a video where there was a 206 (WRC of course) and something else driving up the highway...I'll post if i come across it

Last edited:
Back