500PP British LightWeights

I took it into the 620pp Supercar Challenge at 529pp (did an oil change) and scored 1.4 mil by winning at 130% payout. Let's just say I'm liking the new 'Vette so far! :D

I did the same thing, but with my 200% log-in bonus. No oil change tho.

Used a tune that was posted for the 111 '04 in the Honda Civic thread!

Worked great, won Cote D'Azur by 6.2 seconds, now to enjoy my Bentley.

Try raising the rear ride height. I found it relieved throttle-off oversteer. Go crazy- raise it 20pts.

Thanks for the tip. It might have helped a bit but the trailing-throttle oversteer was still pretty horrendous. The only way I found to overcome it was basically to avoid trailing-throttle completely by giving it a little bit of gas when coming off the brakes. Using this technique I was able to get round without spinning out, albeit a couple of seconds/lap slower than using ABS. Still a long way off the gold pace at Trial Mountain though. I'm convinced that the oversteer is far worse with ABS off even though it's got nothing to do with braking. So I took up the Lewis Hamilton challenge and failed, but learned something new.

This has been a fun seasonal. Just about the right level of difficulty for me with the Elise and plenty of scope for messing around with other cars for a real challenge.

This works really well although I used it for only 2 races (Trial Mountain and Azur). Use the stock setting for any track with a long straight but you must adjust the Final Drive Ratio for Azur. Set it so top speed is about 130, not more. Remember that this is final drive, not top speed. Final drive will adjust all ratios up in number but down in top speed (move the slider to the right). Everything works perfectly and you should get times (depending on your driving) around 1:51-1:54, something like that. Drive smoothly and you'll be able to win. Thanks to sheene76 for the OP.

Just won all races with a premium Elise 111R '04
Weight Reduction -3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
All Aero Parts, downforce 5
Ballast 200kg pos. 0

Sports ECU
Engine Tuning +3
All intake & Exhaust parts
High RPM Turbo
=309bhp

Gear Ratios

1st 3.490
2nd 2.424
3rd 1.802
4th 1.403
5th 1.142
6th 0.973

Final 4.529
Max Speed 162

LSD 10/40/20

-25 -25
7.0 6.0
6. 6
6. 6
5. 5

Camber 2.0 2.0
Toe. 0.00. 0.20

Brake 5. 5

It worked for me first time out on each track...
Happy Racing

I won it with the Lotus Esprit V8. Pretty standard settings but lots of top speed. Add me if you want to borrow it. Name is the same as here.

Did anybody manage to win the Fuji race? I can only get third, ~10 secs behind, 2:01 lap average.

Just got 1.2 million Cr in the MG TF160 '03 at Toscana
452pp
239bhp
1045 kg
Total weight reduction
Ballast: 66kg (-29)
Aero: 20
Every upgrade possible
Turbo Stage 3
tranny set to 155mph
Suspension
height -25/-20
Spring 9.8/10
Ext: 5/4
Comp 5/4
ARB 6/6
Camber 1.5/1.0
Toe -0.20/0.20
Brake 7/5 (abs1)

Won on penultimate corner. Nice race!

This works really well although I used it for only 2 races (Trial Mountain and Azur). Use the stock setting for any track with a long straight but you must adjust the Final Drive Ratio for Azur. Set it so top speed is about 130, not more. Remember that this is final drive, not top speed. Final drive will adjust all ratios up in number but down in top speed (move the slider to the right). Everything works perfectly and you should get times (depending on your driving) around 1:51-1:54, something like that. Drive smoothly and you'll be able to win. Thanks to sheene76 for the OP.

Cheers Waddy2001, it's always good when a plan comes together, glad it worked for you my friend.

I decided to torture myself, that is, I took an elise 111r, on its comfort softs,

without:

that is, NO Aero, NO AIDS, NO ABS brakes, until I got gold on trial mountain reverse.

finally got it done, at 487pp, with some funky experimental toe settings, that worked for me

ride heights were approx +15/+17
springs 8.5/7.5
com 4f/4r
ext 5f/8r
arb 3/3
front toe +.27, rear +.23
camber 1.3 / 1.2
brake balance 3/1
lsd 37/52/58
and a very feathery throttle.
(racing exhausts, and optional low rpm turbo, and about a half dozen chassis repairs)

why did I subject myself to this...

Last edited:
Thanks r5d3. I guess its the same regulations as British Lightweights in A-spec (except CS tyres)... Has anyone tried Vauxhall VX220 or VX220 Turbo?

I tried the Vauxhall with no success !

I used the lotus elise 111 r with a stage 3 turbo and that done the job nicely apart from gran valley speedway for which I just put in a race air filter and won comfortably and got a nice pp bonus loved this seasonal

I tried the Vauxhall VX220 turbo - talk about slippery on CS tires!!. Maxed it out - ended up 501pp but there was too much wheel spin and a very light back end. Managed to win putting in 1.39.xx laps - what a ride!! Then I took it to GT Auto and stuck a spoiler on it, then addedd some ballast and it handled so much better putting in laps of 1.37.xx. However, push too hard and it'll snap: game over! Got it down to 482pp so far.

Last edited:
Lowered the PP on my 111R to 465 and got 1st at Tuscana by 2.8 seconds. When you're down that low, you can basically not brake, except for the hill, and win a million credits. I've never lowered the PP after I've won but I love driving the Lotus and I love that track. I assume guys will be able to lower it more than that. Thanks to this set of seasonals, I love the Lotus! (That silly race in the Specials with the slippery cars on the airport track turned me off completely.)

Got my 111R down to 460pp and just won Toscana by 22.085 seconds, taking first on Lap 3. This car is just wired in to this circuit! Best lap was 1:35.149. Needs an oil change now - it was down to 458pp by race end. 222hp, 917Kg, minimum aero.

Time to go lower. How low can it go? :)

ETA: 447pp, took first in Lap 4. Won by 9.393 sec. with a spin in Lap 1. 1,076,920cr payout on 110% payout bonus. I maxed out the ballas - 200Kg, position -33 for weight distribution of 49F/51R. Car is quite stable, but you really feel the extra weight more than you feel the lack of power. Power at 209hp for this run. This little car is a beastie!

ETA2: Okay, for me, weight is the key. I got the weight back down to 886Kg, 49f/51r, power down to under 190hp, 440pp, and was back in first on Lap 3 again - although it took until the very last turn on Lap 3 to pull it off! Still won by 16.566 seconds. 1,16x,xxxcr payout at 110% bonus. This should be a 2 million CR event at 200% bonus.

The car feels remarkably stable AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DROP A REAR WHEEL OFF THE OUTSIDE OF A CURVE! :D It will snap-spin on you if you do that.

ETA3: Down to 430pp. Harder, but still winning by 8.655 sec. 170hp. Takes nearly to end of Lap 4 to catch up to the leader. Another few hp down and I probably won't be able to catch him.

Last edited:
Got my 111R down to 460pp and just won Toscana by 22.085 seconds, taking first on Lap 3. This car is just wired in to this circuit! Best lap was 1:35.149. Needs an oil change now - it was down to 458pp by race end. 222hp, 917Kg, minimum aero.

Time to go lower. How low can it go? :)

ETA: 447pp, took first in Lap 4. Won by 9.393 sec. with a spin in Lap 1. 1,076,920cr payout on 110% payout bonus. I maxed out the ballas - 200Kg, position -33 for weight distribution of 49F/51R. Car is quite stable, but you really feel the extra weight more than you feel the lack of power. Power at 209hp for this run. This little car is a beastie!

ETA2: Okay, for me, weight is the key. I got the weight back down to 886Kg, 49f/51r, power down to under 190hp, 440pp, and was back in first on Lap 3 again - although it took until the very last turn on Lap 3 to pull it off! Still won by 16.566 seconds. 1,16x,xxxcr payout at 110% bonus. This should be a 2 million CR event at 200% bonus.

The car feels remarkably stable AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DROP A REAR WHEEL OFF THE OUTSIDE OF A CURVE! :D It will snap-spin on you if you do that.

ETA3: Down to 430pp. Harder, but still winning by 8.655 sec. 170hp. Takes nearly to end of Lap 4 to catch up to the leader. Another few hp down and I probably won't be able to catch him.

Nice work! Keep going!👍

Just got the VX220 Turbo down to 450pp/211bhp putting in 1.39.xx laps taking 1st place near end of lap 4. Still more to do.

Down to 440pp - overtook 1st place on final corner. Struggling to get laps under 1.40.xx. Netted 1.7Mil Cr though. That's me done with the Vauxhall!👍

Last edited:
Hi ,

Here are my (controller) setups for Toscana (Tarmac) 109A - race.

The setups were good for 1st place finish after a lot of practice races.
No AI touches. Some off roading , because of bad cornering when focusing on the car infront.

(Driving aids : ABS 1 , controller steering sensitivity 7)

Jaguar E-TYPE Coupe '61

very high mileage from UCD , no oil change

233 bhp / 1200kg (425pp)

------------------------
list of installed parts

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
FC Transmission
Twin Clutch
SR Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
FC Suspension
------------------------

(power limiter 92.4%) - car specific.

ballast 162kg , position 50

transmission (adjusted stock gears)
F2.575

LSD 12/17/15

suspension
45/-25
15.0/15.0
3/8
2/2
7/1

1.9/1.7
-0.25/-0.35

brakes 2/5 (ABS 1)

Comfort Soft tyres

Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87

high mileage from UCD , no oil change

199 bhp / 1200kg (412pp)

------------------------
list of installed parts

Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust Manifold
FC Transmission
Twin Clutch
SR Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
------------------------

(power limiter 95.5%)

ballast 54kg position -50

transmission (adjusted stock gears)
F3.668

LSD 13/18/15

suspension
40/-25
15.5/16.0
4/8
2/1
6/1

1.9/1.5
-0.20/-0.25

brakes 4/5 (ABS 1)

Comfort Soft tyres

The power limiter numbers are car specific and may not give you same power / pp level with same limiting %.

MadMax

Got it down to 425pp this evening, for a 1,4xx,xxx payout at 130%. Won it by just over 3 seconds. It's getting tough - I've got the power down to 160hp now.

Why is Toscana the only one I can beat stock, and the 1st and 3rd races best I can do is 2nd, and a 3rd & 4th for the others. I used to have no probs with these...guess I'm losing my touch.

Why is Toscana the only one I can beat stock, and the 1st and 3rd races best I can do is 2nd, and a 3rd & 4th for the others. I used to have no probs with these...guess I'm losing my touch.

From what I can work out, the AI are slower on the apices on generated tracks than on the normal real life or GT tracks - at least that's where I make the most ground on cars that can easily overtake me on the straights.

@Kwicko - Nice one! You're in the zone where 1pp can make or break a race (providing every lap is perfect of course!:scared:)

From what I can work out, the AI are slower on the apices on generated tracks than on the normal real life or GT tracks - at least that's where I make the most ground on cars that can easily overtake me on the straights.

@Kwicko - Nice one! You're in the zone where 1pp can make or break a race (providing every lap is perfect of course!:scared:)

Yeah, that was definitely not one of my better races - I misjudged an overtaking - I was going for a two-fer, passing two cars in the same curve, but the TVR swung out to overtake the other car, and I hit him, THEN hit the other car (another Lotus), which cost me a lot of time and killed my speed. And down at these levels of power, you have to hold every MPH you can, because it takes a while to get it back once you lose it. Several of the curves and bends, you don't really even brake; you just lift a bit before bending into the curve to shift the weight of the car a bit.

Once I get back to the 200% log-in bonus, this is going to be a huge money-maker. I'm about to hit the 20 million cap yet again, so I'll have to go blow it all on something, but that's never been a problem... :)

420pp, 150hp, lost some weight off the front end, finished 2.320 seconds ahead. 418hp, 150hp, about 127kg ballast toward the nose, finished 1.358 seconds behind first place.

I think I've found my limits! :D

Oh, and 420pp paid out 1,558,700 on 150% log-in bonus.

I guess I started this piss*ng contest but there are some things that you have to remember.
1. HP and ballast are linked in different ways. Get the ballast up and keep the HP up and you'll overcome the drag of the extra weight.
2. Final drive ratio is important. Forget top speed but work on final drive ratio.
3. Once you get the car moving, and these races always have a rolling start, horsepower is only needed to keep the car going. It already has inertia, the rolling start before the clock starts gives it that. Keep that inertia by not braking, only laying off the accelerator, and you're fine.
4. Don't let the drivers who post stupid times get you down. Keep the driving line on, don't brake when you don't have to, lay off the accelerator by times to make a corner (specially Toscana) and relax.
5. If you've won by a lap, decrease your PP by lowering your HP by a bit but raise your final drive ratio (move the slider to the right). The higher the number, the lower the speed.
6. Judge each track by it's longest straight. If it's a short straight, lower your final drive ratio. That way you can catch the rabbits quicker.

Got it down to 425pp this evening, for a 1,4xx,xxx payout at 130%. Won it by just over 3 seconds. It's getting tough - I've got the power down to 160hp now.

I guess I started this piss*ng contest but there are some things that you have to remember.
1. HP and ballast are linked in different ways. Get the ballast up and keep the HP up and you'll overcome the drag of the extra weight.

Yup, I had the weight up, but above around 127kg, you really started to FEEL the extra weight dragging the car down in the corners. It feels pretty happy - stable and fairly neutral - right around that ballast amount, pushed up to the front, to give a nice 49f/51r weight distribution. Too much weight on the arse and it tends to get pretty interesting in the tight curves.

2. Final drive ratio is important. Forget top speed but work on final drive ratio.

I learned about this in real life - I built my own transmission(s) for my CRX, and fiddled around with gearing quite a bit, sourcing transmissions from different models and from Japan. I ended up with a "hybrid" transmission running numerically shorter 2, 3, & 4 gears, a much taller overdrive 5th, and a final drive of 4.43:1 versus the stock Si final of 4.25:1. It gave me a car with a 108hp Si stock block that will run neck and neck with a 160hp B16 CRX, so I'm pretty happy with it. :)

3. Once you get the car moving, and these races always have a rolling start, horsepower is only needed to keep the car going. It already has inertia, the rolling start before the clock starts gives it that. Keep that inertia by not braking, only laying off the accelerator, and you're fine.

Yup, you can pretty much ignore the braking zones on the driving line. I use them mostly to remind me where to lift off a bit. Coming into the tight corners, a quick dab of brake will usually do the trick, and the bowl shape of so many of the turns will grab the car and fling it through the curve.

Went on a tear last night and all I got to clear is GVE and Cote (should be able to knock it out after some practice) GVE I am trying to look for 2.5sec, and I don't know where they are hiding.

I used the exact 'sheen76' setup and won Toscana and the second one. Can only manage 2nd in the rest no matter how many risks I take (the Elise sport seems un-catchable in cote as well). Does anyone have a car that can beat the rest that the can let me borrow? Cheers

I'm determined to win all of these with a stock suspension/drivetrain set up in a Lotus 111R. I'd set up another car with Praiano's tune as a stand by, just in case. No aids, no abs, cockpit view no hud, clean laps (or at least no initiated AI contact).

The car is crazy on TMR like that, no room for any track line deviations. Added a high turbo and sport exhaust to get wins. Also added 75kg @-20. Man, I thought I knew that track pretty well until using this Lotus. Adding the ballast helped the most. Took me a couple sessions to get a fully clean win-lots of restarts (spins, AI contact).

Cote is a blast in that car. Sport exhaust and the slight turbo whoosh sounds way cool too. An easier win here, got around the last Elise in the 2nd to last corner. Without hud on I didn't realize there was 1 car left and had eased up on lap 4, doh! Finally saw it and had to hustle. Now for the rest, Toscano looks like the easiest.

After so much front grip loss on TMR, it really got me wondering how the real car drives. Elevation changes throw it off so much, I'd hate to see how a spirited drive on an unfamiliar mountain road would work out.

I had my best luck withe the 111R running all stock engine/intake/exhaust etc., no power adders at all, but putting all my efforts into the suspension, brakes, ballast, and transmission tuning. Once I found my happy place with those, I was able to drop the power from even the stock levels, until I got it down to 150hp.

These events taught me a whole new level of respect for the Elise!

Back