+60 Years old Ranking for Sport mode

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 21 comments

Would you like to see a +60 years old ranking in Sport mode ?

• Total voters
Brazil
paracuru
praiano63
Please Mr @Kaz_Yamauchi , i think that almost nobody care about the "Local Rankings (Second Area)" . Could we have a "+60 years old regional Ranking" instead ? Or create a new line for it ?

At my age (61)it's difficult to fight against the young guns sometime , reflex aren't the same as before. I also love to do it because i have to excel myself for sure , but a special rank for us would be so good , please. I'm sure there is a lot of seniors playing and love GT7 like i do.

1714675862855.png

Please Mr @Kaz_Yamauchi , i think that almost nobody care about the "Local Rankings (Second Area)" . Could we have a "+60 years old regional Ranking" instead ? Or create a new line for it ?

At my age (61)it's difficult to fight against the young guns sometime , reflex aren't the same as before. I also love to do it because i have to excel myself for sure , but a special rank for us would be so good , please. I'm sure there is a lot of seniors playing and love GT7 like i do.

View attachment 1352140
Come on spring chicken, Walter Rohl is smashing it mate.

Being older doesn't restrict you, arguably you have more and more experience.

Reaction times make a the biggest difference if you can't anticipate the corner or the people around you.

Drive like you are in real life traffic and forget the racing scenario and it's all cool and nothing to do with age.

If anything I'd make a counter point for the sub 16/18s vs the 60+ guys

View attachment 1352140

Seems like a skill issue.

Praiano lad you're in A+ and earning multi hundreds of points per round. There's going to be people of every age beneath you that are slower than you. You can't be out here in the top probably 5% of players, maybe less, asking for a leaderboard so you can pretend you're faster than reality.

Your DR will sort you to where you need to be. That's all that matters. And your DR is pretty damn high.

Last edited:
Me personally I don't think that driving / racing has anything to do with age.
It's about understanding driving fundamentals and of course quickness in your inputs. Just experience in general.
So the older you are you should logically have more experience and unless you're not a senile and rotten old fart, you should always be at an advantage.
And definitely knowing how to play and use the game mechanics to your favor.

And yes I definitely do understand where you are coming from.

That precious self tap on the shoulder, convincing yourself how good you actually stack up and hold your own... thats normal, we all do that.
How often do I read things like : not bad for a pad pleb or stuff like I just started playing racing games or I'm new to wheel.
At the end of the day, there could be countless stats... but... There is actually no real point beside a number which indicates some more or less unnecessary info.
As long as you are good with your performance and have done the best you could, you can be proud of yourself.
You don't need stats to feel better.
You don't need to feel bad if you loose.
As long as you had fun doing what you did...thats what matters 🙂
Stats are for Nerds to make themselves feel outstanding in a certain area.
Nothing wrong about that...
Look, me for example... I ALWAYS drive in Cockpit View without HUD.
Should I now expect Kaz to add a Stat?!
Hell no.
Who cares.
A friend of mine is wearing glasses... Should there be a Stat for bros wearing glasses?!
Hmm.
Some are playing only in VR for example. Stat?!
Just be proud of yourself that you are A+ and finished 29th in South America Region.
That's an achievement thousands and thousands can only dream of.
And you did it being 61 and most probably having an erectile dysfunction 😅( just kidding) so yeah, I hope you get whatbi meant to say.
You're a Legend already here on gtp... Nothing to prove.
Stay safe Chico ✌️

@praiano63 doesn't really matter. It's a win-win for us old guys. Yes, I'm past 60 laps around the sun myself. I'd still be in the middle to lower ranks of a 60+ ranking. It'd still be interesting to see the breakdown by age group.

1-I've never seen a single +35 during any GT WORLD Series. All those top GT drivers are still today in the top of the ranks. It mean that skills in GT go with age.
2- +60 would be just one more option , what's wrong with this ?
3- I don't know any sport or E-sport needing force or not ,reflex , coordination..... without a "Senior" class. Even the United States Chess Federation.
Anyway. It was just an idea.
@Mirai i'm 100% sure that PD crew check gtplanet comments.

Last edited:
1-I've never seen a single +35 during any GT WORLD Series. All those top GT drivers are still today in the top of the ranks. It mean that skills in GT go with age.
3- I don't know any sport or E-sport needing force or not ,reflex , coordination..... without a "Senior" class. Even the United States Chess Federation.
Referring to 1: There is a top World Series Player called “maatu“, or “maatu79“ a Finnish lad.
He is my age and made it to the first official GTWS Live Event ever, held at Nürburgring in 2018.
I'll never forget that.
The first two top drivers for each manufacturer qualified for it.
It was him and “mthomas95“ beating me by a few points so I missed a GTWS Live Event attendance in 2018 by a few points only, as I finished 3rd for Ferrari in EMEA.

Referring to 2:
Absolutely nothing wrong with it.
I assume just nothing PD actually cares about.

Referring to 3:
Yep, there's almost any sport having some sort of “senior class“
But in that case, they keep them geezers amongst themselves.

Which would mean in conclusion that if it would be practicated in GT, you'd only get to race Dinosaurs which again you personally would most probably wipe their due to age insufficiently coordinated shart holes in one swipe, as you are most definitely amongst the fastest if not THE fastest GT Player in the +60 age bracket

I'd really wish for you and others who also care about stats if some more stats would be added.
I'm pretty sure EVERYONE of us would find a specific niche at which we'd be top notch... 😀

Last edited:
Referring to 3:
Yep, there's almost any sport having some sort of “senior class“
But in that case, they keep them geezers amongst themselves.
Are "Local (Second Area)" people racing amongst themselves ? Actually , definitely not. In my case , where i'm living , i'm alone.

Are "Local (Second Area)" people racing amongst themselves ? Actually , definitely not. In my case , where i'm living , i'm alone.
I don't think so.
As far as I'm aware there is no separation going on. Just the listing itself and different categories like 1st or second area and country in general.
But we always race against anyone within our region, no matter if it's EMEA, Na, Sa or Oceania.

Z28 Gaming also qualified for a 2018 Paris Exhibition event back in GT Sport. He was 38 at the time.

I also qualified for the 2020 World Finals for Lamborghini when I was 36.

Last edited:
So, a age section, Yes if the game sets from Sony account and if they reinforce the system, otherwise people will start putting the wrong age there to get more prizes. But this local option is meh for me because I don't see the participants and usually has less than 10, but maybe it's fun if you live in Tokyo or New York City.

You older folks have seen more and learned to react to more than I have. That somewhat negates the advantage I have of faster reflexes.
Younger folks have faster reflexes than me but lack the pre determined response to certain stimuli.
I'm in the middle. I'm disabled, too, which limits my time behind the wheel that is Gran Turismo 7. After a few hours pain takes over and the meds required to control it take enough of my concentration that I can't perform at max capacity in any video game. I still play, though.

I know this feature was in GT Sport, but this seems like a bit of a privacy issue, and there are laws regarding this.

People submit their age in their PSN account to verify their identity - they don't do it so that PD can use that information to publish their age range on a public leaderboard that also publishes their country/state/region.

Last edited:
Drive like you are in real life traffic and forget the racing scenario and it's all cool and nothing to do with age.
Takes an extra 5 seconds to leave the starting line as he couldn't remember where he put the keys (they're in the ignition that is already on)

Takes 2 minutes to get around the first chicane at Monza due to keeping his hands firmly at 9 and 3, making very small adjustments to the wheel, moving his hands back to 9 and 3 before making the next small adjustment

Never exceeds 30kmph because anything above that isn't needed to get around. Back in his day a horse at trotting pace was sufficient! (anything above 30kmph is scary)

Always picks the VW Beetle as it was his childhood dream car. Anything newer is filled with electronical magicary and is not a proper car.

Pulls over to enjoy the scenery, take his 3rd nap of the day and try to remember what he was doing.

Last edited:

Dude is 77 years old.

He also did this in loafers and socks 🤣 no nomex or helmets in a RUF yellow bird.

If you can out drive this guy fair play...

Dude drove one of the most fire breathing machines in the history of motorsport. Ain't no one got it like he's got it.

Back