7th GTP F1 World Championship (F1 2010 edition) * SEASON FINISHED :'''( *

Had a nice practice with Tom, James and Pipeslice. Boy does Pipeslice have some pace! Especially in the race - it is just immense 👍

Unfortunatley it seems my talent is in the wall, literally 👍

Yep, despite being a tilke-drome, that can happen at Shanghai - the final corner is dangerous if you get a be lairy on the exit.

Please be careful though Tom, you tagged James at the start of both practice races. When racing in traffic you simply have to make efforts to avoid contact and sometimes that means compromising your own speed through a corner. Everyone should be given a wide berth.

Yep, despite being a tilke-drome, that can happen at Shanghai - the final corner is dangerous if you get a be lairy on the exit.

Please be careful though Tom, you tagged James at the start of both practice races. When racing in traffic you simply have to make efforts to avoid contact and sometimes that means compromising your own speed through a corner. Everyone should be given a wide berth.

I'll take it on-board 👍

After a fantastic qualifying session at Shanghai this morning...I can't wait for tomorrow! :)

Just as I turned F1 2010 off you must have posted this haha bad timing......ah well I had some fun racing your ghost earlier Shaggy Alonso damn your fast 👍

You should try racing against Pipeslice's then :drool:

After a fantastic qualifying session at Shanghai this morning...I can't wait for tomorrow! :)

It was a pity Q3 didn't live up to the excitement of Q2, what with McLaren looking as fast as Red Bull, and the mad dash to make it into Q3 at the end with everyone practically racing each other, jockeying for position for their hot-laps. As usual, Red Bull pulled out their Q3 half second and blitzed the field, yawn 👎

It was a pity Q3 didn't live up to the excitement of Q2, what with McLaren looking as fast as Red Bull, and the mad dash to make it into Q3 at the end with everyone practically racing each other, jockeying for position for their hot-laps. As usual, Red Bull pulled out their Q3 half second and blitzed the field, yawn 👎[/QUOTE]

True, it was a shame Petrov's car stopped otherwise he was in for a good position 👍

Yeah, quite barmy that the Renaults were fastest in the speed traps and McLarens some of the slowest. It's obviously all down the the DRS nowadays and how effective that is rather than BHP.

True, it was a shame Petrov's car stopped otherwise he was in for a good position 👍[/QUOTE]

Yea them Renaults are looking pretty good this year so far.

Btw nice to see someone else with a Senna picture 👍

True, it was a shame Petrov's car stopped otherwise he was in for a good position 👍

Yea them Renaults are looking pretty good this year so far.

Btw nice to see someone else with a Senna picture 👍[/QUOTE]

Gotta love him! 👍

Hi there,

sorry that i havent upload the malaysia video yet but my job kills my time:-)
I was a little bit disappointed last sunday, cause my race pace was really good,but after thinking about all that incidents (my ps3 crashed in quali, incidents with backmarkers etc) i can be lucky for getting qualipoints and having a dream start. (From Last to first place).
I hope i can make it today and upload the video.
Puh I must find some hours to work out a setup for china grand prix ;-)
I can already hear the engines !!!

Best regards

DarkPSI

Nice one reporting in Dark. No probs, we all really appreciate you filming the races and I know they take time and effort to edit which can't be easy for a married, car salesman like yourself!

What is your name Dark?

EDIT: Btw, am I the only person who doesn't bother with set-ups? ( well I know my team mate James doesn't really mess around with them either) I'm so used to the engineer's set-ups that i'm almost afraid to experiment with anything else.

Last edited:
EDIT: Btw, am I the only person who doesn't bother with set-ups? ( well I know my team mate James doesn't really mess around with them either) I'm so used to the engineer's set-ups that i'm almost afraid to experiment with anything else.[/QUOTE]

I have my fastest set ups but I prefur to use them for qualifying and use the engineer for the race, which is a slower setting but it's easier for me to maintain some sort of pace in the race then as it's easier to handle so Im less likely to spin off. As was obvious in Malaysia where I spun off on every flying lap bar my last one

EDIT: Btw, am I the only person who doesn't bother with set-ups? ( well I know my team mate James doesn't really mess around with them either) I'm so used to the engineer's set-ups that i'm almost afraid to experiment with anything else.

I haven't done up til this last week. More experimenting than anything at this point.

Agree with Ali, the fast setups are about 1 in 4 laps kept on the track for me. That one lap is good for time trials though. For races, the engineer setups are far more controllable for me.

hi there,

ok standard engineer setup seems to be the fastest here. Wow this track is really a driver track, one of the few tracks there you can go on different lines, really awsome. Are some ready for practice race now or before 20:00 uk time?

Back