High RPM Turbo Kit

Fully Custom Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Custon LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft

Fully Custom Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres
Oil Change and engine break-in needed and GT-Auto wing.

The Tune

The transmission: Set in this order:

Reset to default-
Set final gear to 3.666
Set max speed to 112mph
Set final gear to 2.500

then set the gears to

1st 4.378
2nd 3.619
3rd 2.963
4th 2.410
5th 1.970
6th 1.680

(This should leave the Max Speed number to the upper right hand side of the gear graph to read 157mph)

The LSD:
Initial Tourqe 60
Acceleration 60
Braking 60

The Suspension:
+45F Ride height +45R
3.0F Spring Rate(kgf/mm) 3.0R
10F Dampers(extension) 1R
10F Dampers(compression) 1R
1F Anti-Roll-Bars 1R

4.5F Camber Angle (-) 0.0R
-1.00F Toe Angle +1.00R

Downforce 0F - 28R

Edit: Updated the tune to what my current fastest is.

(New Personal Best with this tune just achived a 9.867 1/4 mile. 0-60 in 2.341, 0-100 in 4.857)

*Notes* To achive the best time in this car wait for the 3..2..1.. then press the accelerator just before "GO!" shows up,. This gives a better launch than holding the accelerator while waiting for the 3..2..1..GO!

Last edited:
your LSD is interesting, i'll try this tune later and see if i can improve it

The LSD doesn't make a bit of difference. Now that we can test it on the SS-X course, it can be proven that the LSD, shocks, and brakes don't make a difference. The downforce, camber and toe are minimal but do provide some benefit. Biggest thing is ride height, springs, and the gearing.

The LSD doesn't make a bit of difference. Now that we can test it on the SS-X course, it can be proven that the LSD, shocks, and brakes don't make a difference. The downforce, camber and toe are minimal but do provide some benefit. Biggest thing is ride height, springs, and the gearing.

Yeah I didnt edit the LSD at all I dont think, and my suspension setup probably isnt the best as most of it is just guess work I dont have the knowlegde to know exactly what should and shouldn't be changed so I just experimented and kept what I felt improved the launch.

Is the time I achived 9.979 a good time for the RX-7? I'd like to know what times people could get with this car that actualy know how to tune so I can see how far off the pace I am.

Ampire, that is where you're wrong. Dampers in fact make a minimal difference, after relentless tuning I got .01 out of them :P (not an anomaly)

Also LSD DOES affect it. For me best LSD settings were 60 5 5 in awd, was 0.03 faster than 60 60 5 and 0.05 faster than 55 60 5

It depends on the car. For some cars dampers and LSD don't have any effect, but most of the times they do. Especially LSD.

Nice maccer. cant wait till i get my ps3 back and get the dlc. Ill be working oon rx7 and supra non stop. lol

Damn... I'm one thousand of a second behind the OP! :crazy:

Made some changes on the setup though, and noticed that the LSD doesn't do anything. I even tried with a stock LSD and got the same time. (oops, I wasn't the first one to notice this.)

I also find the toe angle bit very unrealistic. In reality, if you have toe in or out, it actually brakes the car. That's common sense, but not in GT5 it isn't. 👎

Damn... I'm one thousand of a second behind the OP! :crazy:

Made some changes on the setup though, and noticed that the LSD doesn't do anything. I even tried with a stock LSD and got the same time. (oops, I wasn't the first one to notice this.)

I also find the toe angle bit very unrealistic. In reality, if you have toe in or out, it actually brakes the car. That's common sense, but not in GT5 it isn't. 👎

Nice! are you one thousandth of a second behind my orginal time 9.979? or the new time I posted at the bottom of the OP 9.956? I can provide a pic to prove that time if need be.

Glad people are trying the tune though and able to get times close to mine as at least my tune seems to be fairly consistant.

And about the toe settings, I have no idea what would be optimal suspension settings for drag racing its all guess work and experimentation so im sure there must be more speed to be got from this car in proper suspension set up alone.

I'd still like to hear from more people what times this car is capable of so I can know if im in the right area, im not interested in seeing others tunes I just want to know what times others can get :lol:, but as its not going to be a top level car im thinking many dont evan bother to tune or test these kind of cars as much as GT-R, Enzo, ACR etc?

Its really all experimentation. What I do is set the sliders at the stock position and move them about 25% up or down until I get a change. Then I fine tune it. I usually do them in this order:

Aero
Trq Diff front vs rear (if AWD)
LSD ( depends on car)
Camber
Toe
Ride height
Springs
Dampers (depends on car)
Gearing

For the suspension, I do front first then I do rear for each setting in above list before I move to the next one.

Nice! are you one thousandth of a second behind my orginal time 9.979? or the new time I posted at the bottom of the OP 9.956? I can provide a pic to prove that time if need be.
Oh crap, I guess I missed that. I just got a 9.978, but I'm still behind you then...
And about the toe settings, I have no idea what would be optimal suspension settings for drag racing its all guess work and experimentation so im sure there must be more speed to be got from this car in proper suspension set up alone.
I actually turned my toe up to max and went faster than with your setup, which is very unrealistic. In real life drag racing, people are trying to make the rear tires completely parallel, simply to reduce the car's rolling resistance. Imagine two 15" wide drag slicks with toe in or toe out. That would slow the car down signifigantly.

Last edited:
Its really all experimentation. What I do is set the sliders at the stock position and move them about 25% up or down until I get a change. Then I fine tune it. I usually do them in this order:

Aero
LSD ( depends on car)
Camber
Toe
Ride height
Springs
Dampers (depends on car)
Gearing

For the suspension, I do front first then I do rear for each setting in above list before I move to the next one.
Does the front suspension even do anything on a rear wheel drive car? I tried to change it but nothing happened. Maybe I didn't change it enough.

The rear suspension is the main part, the front can alter your times but it depends on how it reacts with the back.

ampire

Aero
LSD ( depends on car)
Camber
Toe
Ride height
Springs
Dampers (depends on car)
Gearing

Thanks for the tips. I have an Amuse S2000 GT1 running about the same times too with 630HP.

Also LSD DOES affect it. For me best LSD settings were 60 5 5 in awd, was 0.03 faster than 60 60 5 and 0.05 faster than 55 60 5

Actually, 5/5/x is the best for awd. I know this because I tested your supposed 60/5/x and was quite a bit slower.

Does the front suspension even do anything on a rear wheel drive car? I tried to change it but nothing happened. Maybe I didn't change it enough.

The rear suspension is the main part, the front can alter your times but it depends on how it reacts with the back.

well said. The front alone doesn't do much but with the rear up high, the front will make a difference. Test it and you will see. Its a synergistic thing.

587hp 57kgfm rx7 9.987 605hp 59kgfm rx7 9.890

Nice time, been trying to match this or at least get a 9.89x since you posted but im having no luck, cant seem to beat my personal best of 9.956 :( Tryed serveral different final drive ratios and I either launch at the same speed as my 9.956 ghost and then get left behind shifting into 2nd or I get pulled away from by my ghost time on the initial launch :indiff: Not sure what else to try but ill keep trying new settings now I know a 9.8xx is possible.

Maccer_42
Nice time, been trying to match this or at least get a 9.89x since you posted but im having no luck, cant seem to beat my personal best of 9.956 :( Tryed serveral different final drive ratios and I either launch at the same speed as my 9.956 ghost and then get left behind shifting into 2nd or I get pulled away from by my ghost time on the initial launch :indiff: Not sure what else to try but ill keep trying new settings now I know a 9.8xx is possible.

Lol i actully beat my time after i posted.on my 3rd attempt il stop there until people catch up but im hoping i could push for a 9.7 if it is possible

I did a tune and managed 9.978 also I got 2.401 in the 60's and 5.003 in the 100 so, I have a lot more in the tune.

mine made a 9.911 no aids, unlike other ppl that have crazy fast times, they are using the skid recovery force, so if you want a faster time just use the skid recovery force and buala you will get a crazy fast time, that's why i dont believe on anybody else's times, IF YOU THINK YOU CAR ITS FAST BRING IT TO THE TRACK!!! stop lien about your times and face the reality

mine made a 9.911 no aids, unlike other ppl that have crazy fast times, they are using the skid recovery force, so if you want a faster time just use the skid recovery force and buala you will get a crazy fast time, that's why i dont believe on anybody else's times, IF YOU THINK YOU CAR ITS FAST BRING IT TO THE TRACK!!! stop lien about your times and face the reality

Real dragsters don't use aids. 👍

AKA I95

9.874 no aids

Who's times are you claiming to be using SRF? It can't be mine as so far your time you just posted is faster than mine still, ive retuned mine RX-7 and got it down to a 9.936 with no aids, but thats still slower than your 9.911.

Back