A bit disappointed in the BMW Vision Concept?

• Thread starter mc959
  • 320 comments

Dissapointed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was lapping Brands Hatch 2 seconds faster than the rest of the room due to my tune. I haven't tried Spa yet, but I will now. What time was everyone else doing?
Under 2 minutes is LMP territory. GT500's at spec in GT5 on RS was 2:10-2:11 at best and this should be close to that I would think.

If PD recorded an E46 for BMW I6 sounds, it would only work for the E46 M3s and Z4M. You have to remember that the VGT is turbocharged, so it would have a flatter sound, and muted a little.

I believe that the sound for it, and the M4 is OK, but it could have been better.

Yeah, but it's PD so even with the right sound sample in their files they would completely mess it up. Just listen to the E46 M3, for example; in GT4 it sounded amazing on top of that, each L6 BMW had their own unique sample like the CSL, the Z4 3.0, the 330i and the Z3 M Coupe; now, the M3 E46 sounds like a V8 (which shows how much PD cares). And every other L6 BMW in the game has the same sample now, which is the sample that originally was given to the 135i since GT5 Prologue. PD goes from bad to worse...

Not dissapointed at all.It IS another free car after all.I do however find it somewhat difficult to hold at its cornering limit with a controller.It likes to jump about I find which can be hard to properly compensate for on DS3.Other than that I love it.

I think it's really great. In terms of racing, it suits it better than the Mercedes (and now if every Vision GT car will get an interior view.... :( ).

Because, shock horror, people have different opinions.

People who don't like this VGT don't like BMW. And if they don't like BMW, they can't be disappointed by a BMW work of art. Or you like it or you don't. :) Disappointed is not an option IMO Because that implies that you were expecting something tottaly diferent from what BMW is and does. :D

I know people who don't like this new car. I respsect that. But I can't grasp the notion of being disappointed at it :cheers:

I know people who don't like this new car. I respsect that. But I can't grasp the notion of being disappointed at it :cheers:
Some people expected cockpit, decent car sound or design that is not as pedestrian as this one. So you can be BMW enthusiast and still be underwhelmed.

Cockpit and sound are PD problems (I'm sure BMW designed the interior as MB did). The sketch we had of the BMW VGT isn't so far out of what we got. :) At least for me. But then again, I respect other oppinions 👍

Missed the poll deadline, but I would have voted 'no' not disappointed. I like it, especially on sports tires.

People who don't like this VGT don't like BMW. And if they don't like BMW, they can't be disappointed by a BMW work of art. Or you like it or you don't. :) Disappointed is not an option IMO Because that implies that you were expecting something tottaly diferent from what BMW is and does. :D

I'm very much a BMW fan, and whilst I'm not disappointed by what we did get... I'm disappointed by what we didn't get. And that's more liveries. It would have been perfect one make championships.

Cockpit and sound are PD problems (I'm sure BMW designed the interior as MB did). The sketch we had of the BMW VGT isn't so far out of what we got. :) At least for me. But then again, I respect other oppinions 👍
I'll quote myself.

People act like it's PD's fault for not making an interior for the VGT cars. They cannot put an interior on a VGT car if the manufacturer hasn't made one or disallows the designed one to be included. Look at what happened with the M4. BMW prevented PD from implementing the interior until after the car went into production.

How can someone be disappointed with this BMW's masterpiece? :)
Frankly, I love what BMW gave us. I know we're kind of used to concept cars being like something out of The Jetsons, but I really prefer the boundaries between the Beemer and VW's VisionGTI or the recent Lamborghinis. While the Merc is bloody fast, the body style just isn't for me.

So I decided to "get back in the game" yesterday and I took this car for a few laps around Spa. I can safely say it's the best car I've driven in GT6. So perfectly balanced. For comparison, I tried the Megane and Huyara seasonals, and I kept cursing at the TV throughout.

The only cars close to how balanced it is are the FINA Mclaren F1 GTR and the M3 CSL. At least from the cars I drove in the game. What a beautiful surprise.

I mean the car looks nice, but it's not looking like the first render we had.
The first render looked like a new version of the BMW M1 Race Car, but what we have now
is a M235i in race version.

View attachment 156217

and here an idea of the real M1 and the last concept made from BMW(the left one)

View attachment 156221

So thanks PD for the nice car, but the first render was much more sexy in the way the AMG Vision is!

I though the same, I wanted the first concept!

This was the car i was most looking forward to out of the lot.
Very disappointed.
Looks boring compared to the sketches.
Rubbish to drive.
Sounds, as per usual, dreadful.

This was the car i was most looking forward to out of the lot.
Very disappointed.
Looks boring compared to the sketches.
Rubbish to drive.
Sounds, as per usual, dreadful.
With a setup it's amazing to drive! :(

I liked it but was excepting a cross between an m1 and i8 but this is good too. I do wish they would have made the interior for it though (maybe a cool futuristic design) but all that matters to me is that it drives amazing and it doesn't disappoint me at least

Nevermind him. He will never admit that something in a GT game is good.

Back