A very strange issue with GTP...

Japan
PaRappa Town
Luigi755
Here's a rather unusual bug that I've been having here at GTP:
  • Whenever I click on a link to a thread (ANYWHERE in the forums: Alerts, signatures, in posts), I have been greeted with unbearably long load times, even on the fastest internet that BT can get me.
  • Sometimes, the page doesn't load at all, and stops loading, giving me nothing but a blank, white page.
  • When a page does actually try to load, guess what? Instead of getting the post that I actually wanted to see, I just simply get redirected to the main page.
This is really annoying: It needs to be fixed, and it needs to be NOW.

As you can see in some of the other threads here in the Site Support forum, I'm working on the infrastructure behind the scenes which can - and have - caused some issues today. Once the kinks are ironed out things should return to normal.

As you can see in some of the other threads here in the Site Support forum, I'm working on the infrastructure behind the scenes which can - and have - caused some issues today. Once the kinks are ironed out things should return to normal.
Would those changes also possibly cause "502 Bad Gateway" errors? Or is it something wrong on my end?

I'm about five feet away from my router, using my phone to post, via WiFi. I've been having some of these problems as well. Same issues as posted above.

Rather than post a similar new topic, I have one to add here I guess..

I have noticed on my iOS devices that load times just to the homepage take incredibly longer than it normally has. Sometimes upwards of 10-15 seconds. To any other site, it is fine, and on my HP laptop it is fine as well...

I'm using Chrome and typing in the URL, rather than the chrome app shortcut for the iPad.

If anyone else is noticing this, do tell.

I can't replicate that on my iPhone or iPad in Chrome; home page load times with a primed cache are 1-2 seconds, 3-5 with an empty cache.

Hmm..?

I have noticed it latey within the past week, so maybe it is just something with where I live. I will keep trying new methods until it is resolved, thanks anyways.

Edit:

I tried it on incognito mode and it loads as it should, relatively quickly, but that's probably due to it not saving the cache or any history (or other tech stuff that I don't know of).

I think in time it will go away, not sure why though.

Last edited:
Yes, seems legit :D

Try emptying the cache ;)
I did both on chrome and safari settings on the iPad, but not much was done... its an iPad 2 so its getting up there. It might be better with iOS 8 around the corner (btw, i despise Apple. If there were better quality tablets that were available when I purchased it, i would have chosen anything other than an Apple product)

@Swagger897 probably age/load related.

From what I've seen myself (and @Jordan may be horrified at how wrong I am and hopefully will correct me)... when GTP loads it parses xenforo.js, that sometimes kills my browser on my old laptop but works fine everywhere else. It can also cause "Plugin Has Stopped Working" errors, simply loading xenforo.js slows down the load of pubads.js (which does quite a bit of external loading) which in turn slows down the Flash plugin that's trying to cope with the content that pubads.js is loading.

"xenforo.js" doesn't load any browser plugins, though "pubads.js" will often load Flash ad banners which would need to use the Flash browser plugin to run. iOS doesn't support Flash content, though, so it wouldn't be related to @Swagger897's issues.

What makes you think xenforo.js is responsible for killing your browser on your older system?

"xenforo.js" doesn't load any browser plugins, though "pubads.js" will often load Flash ad banners which would need to use the Flash browser plugin to run. iOS doesn't support Flash content, though, so it wouldn't be related to @Swagger897's issues.

What makes you think xenforo.js is responsible for killing your browser on your older system?

Because that's where the hang is on the load list, it stops there for aaaaages. It's not a problem for me on any other machine, I just mentioned it to @Swagger897 in response to the age of his iPad while completely forgetting that it's never even smelt Flash.

For me of course, it could be that pubads.js is actually the full sticking point but also slows the loadlist so that it appears to stick on xenforo.js. Doesn't cause me any issue other than hating the computer, but that isn't restricted to trying to load GTP on it :D

Last edited:
yeah... i dont know what any of that means soo...

EkvDRTI.gif

Back