Ace Combat: Infinity

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3,027 comments
:eek: What an update! It does have me a little worried about some things though. One being how all the other jets will nearly be obsolete with the new OP jets just added. I'm even wondering if they can all reach level 10. Two was, while accepting the user agreement again, I noticed they said the expected term of use for the game was just one year from release. Does that mean they'll shut down the game mid-year?:(
Anyways, trying to now get my Jolly Rogers to level 5 ASAP for the tournament so I can fight and get the YF-23 skin. I also had the new Su-47 skin drop on just my 2nd sortie.:sly:

Falken is apparently 1.2million to purchase. F-22/T-50 was around 600,000 so I'd say total cost of a level 10 Falken is twice the total cost of a level 10 T-50/F-22. Let's just hope the performance isn't twice as good :lol:.

Oh also the new challenges are daily so if you've got a B1-B and and the F-22 bomber time to collect some elite mercenary contracts!

New SP planes from the official FB page:

4 new standard aircraft like the ATD-0 or the X-02 WYVERN and 16 new Special Aircraft including the Su-35 -Scarface1-, F/A-18F -Aquarius- or the F-14A -Razgriz-

Hope the Aquarius looks good and is a drop. Be nice to get that plane for the sake of collecting my own zodiac sign aircraft :lol:.

Anyone have predictions on how competitive the stars and stripes tournament will be? If top 1000 is impossible without stocked fuel it's probably better to focus on the new challenges and save up as many of the contracts as possible.

Hope the Aquarius looks good and is a drop. Be nice to get that plane for the sake of collecting my own zodiac sign aircraft :lol:.

Anyone have predictions on how competitive the stars and stripes tournament will be? If top 1000 is impossible without stocked fuel it's probably better to focus on the new challenges and save up as many of the contracts as possible.
Well, considering the Razgriz is right after this one, there are challenges, it's a very short tournament forced sortie included, and we have already tons of F-15s I don't think the top 1000 would be so far away from "supplied points only"...
I just got 2 MVPs with the B1-B bomber on alps air corridor and the challenge as well!
I'll just concentrate on challenges I can do with decent planes in order to aim to the best place possible on the tournament, I'll probably end in top 3000.

Well, considering the Razgriz is right after this one, there are challenges, it's a very short tournament forced sortie included, and we have already tons of F-15s I don't think the top 1000 would be so far away from "supplied points only"...
I just got 2 MVPs with the B1-B bomber on alps air corridor and the challenge as well!
I'll just concentrate on challenges I can do with decent planes in order to aim to the best place possible on the tournament, I'll probably end in top 3000.

I'll be doing something similar, just going for the challenges with decent rewards that are worth it. For example, doing two sorties at Aerospace in my F-35 for $10k is easy, and I get $10k, but doing 3 sorties at Aerospace in an X-29 for a research report? I'd lose more research by being underpowered for 3 sorties than I'd gain with the report.....

Has anyone encountered SOLG yet? It looks pretty tough in the trailer. I'm also curious if anyone has tried the HARD Pipeline Destruction. What are the rewards/payouts now like for HARD missions? They said they revised it, which might actually make them worth something.........
Edit: I have learned on YouTube the rewards are still essentially the same, the guy I saw had 2nd place on the winning team which netted ~$11k. Not really any different. It was an 8 player lobby and almost everyone scored ~50k pts.

Last edited:
Never tried any of the 2, but I saw some videos of them.

SOLG is harder than SH and MD to get S rank, but probably we still don't know the best set of planes and special weapons we have to use. Bombs are almost useless unlike MD, seems to be good to have a good plane with 4/6AAM or the new TLS planes.

Pipeline (Hard) seems to be much easier than Tokyo (Hard).

Videos of the 2:

I just had my first SI1 special raid. It was pretty funny, I rocketed in to intercept in my Black Widow, flew around to its tail and I could hear this beeping. Didn't think much of it, then, nek minnit! My jet exploded!:lol: It turned out I got there so fast, probably travelling at over Mach 3 in the YF-23, that I intercepted the satellite when it was still on the edge of the map.:D
Overall this mission was somewhat difficult, just in the sense you're trying to get a clear shot at the targets while there are rotating blades everywhere blocking your shot and potentially hitting you. I think at the end I tried flying in the wrong end as well, that or the graphics weren't good enough to see the opening.:P

Me, first SI found: Red version (II). I was in a 6 players room, we S ranked it with 30 seconds remaining, because we got a couple of low guys, luck that we 4 with 1.900-1.950 MR worked around the satellite very well.
I flew with my level 5 F-14D -Jolly Rogers- equipped with level 2 6AAM. I got shut down once... But not for the lasers in ph2 (which bring me at 77% life anyway), but because I wasn't expecting that the satellite lose its pieces and one completely hit me while I was turning to get a better position to destroy other targets. Well, other than that, it was really fun and I finished with 43k score.

Scores (don't remember those of low guys):
- T-50 with 49k (MVP);
- F-22 with 47k;
- F-14D -JR- with 43k (me);
- ADFX-01 -PX- with 37k;
- 1.6xx guy with 14k;
- 1.3xx guy with 4k (he even did less than the 2 CPUs).

Payout: 40k with a crash which decreased the reward but using a stocked fuel with a plane without active research I got an additional 3.4k, both decrease and increase counted in the final 40k.

@Paulie what engine parts do you have on the 23? Is it the fastest plane in the game (until people start levelling up the fictionals)?

I currently have the Large nozzle for acceleration and the Medium compressor for speed. I did test it once though with the Large compressor and ran it briefly, but decided the Large stealth panel would be more useful. I think it may well be the fastest jet in the game, probably even over the fictionals, unless you have the cash to get some of the F-15s up to level 15. It'd be interesting to do a test with that new "Next Gen Engine" upgrade part, just to see if I can go faster than the Mach 3.3 I reached at 12,000m with the Large compressor, and go faster than a Blackbird.:D

@Flaren89, it definitely seems 4AAM or 6AAM is the way to go with SOLG. I wish the Black Widow had a better weapon loadout, HVAA being the best kind of sucks.

Edit: Here's a video of the Falken in action, including the high tech cockpit. I have posted the video poster's comments on the jet below as well.

1- First standard missile launch is delayed.
2- When using TLS, you can't switch to standard missiles as it will cancel the TLS as the falken opens it's mouth to fire the laser, it's laser does high damage even to T-50 and they can't evade it.
3- The part before getting falken is costing 400,000 credits, the falken is for 810,000 credits.
4- When TLS ammo left is 1, when you fire it the mouth will close in a sec and cancel the fire which is a bug since all aircrafts does that too ( they switch to normal missiles after SP weap goes empty )

Last edited:
Well guys, I'm back on. Been having good connection, no kick offs and have managed to do missions without being disconnected. Did the SOLG mission and man I could not at all do it. I was giving it my all and before I know it, "Updating info on second targets". Whaaaaa??!! That's not it??!!

Anyhow, I'm back so I'm happy :D

Bugs apart, the TLS looks quite effective.
IF I'll go for the Razgriz, I'll buy it for sure, but first, I need my Wyvern!

Good luck if you're going for the Razgriz!

Also just found out that the 'Buddy' Morgan is better than the vanilla Morgan. This makes me wonder whether the two other fictional superplanes will have their own special versions from the Ace Combat lore instead of just skins, in which case I may put on hold getting the standard versions of the planes (until maybe after I get my hands on the B-2).

latest

latest

It's hard for me to picture P.A. making a special plane for those different liveries though since they're basically just a variation on the ones we have on Infinity now. Unless of course they want to make loadsamoney, which they'd obviously want to do...

EDIT: X-02 Tiger is most probably one of the special X-02s but not a fan of that skin. Would much rather get one of the three skins above.

Last edited:
Writing right now that I finished my burn.

I'm actually at 21th place with 184k points, counting on finish the tournament with around 193k points as I still have at least 9 supplied fuel to use (6 tomorrow, 3 before the end of the tourney). I have money in my PS Store wallet to buy the Elite Pack, so eventually I can have 20 additional stocked fuel, other the 3 I kept away from the burn, in case of tomorrow I lucky find SOLG 3 (Contract and fuel x3, gg payouts).
I was really unlucky because I found only 2 SOLG 1 and a single SOLG 2, so payouts from the burn could be better. I also found crappy gold crates (x1 Su-47 skin, x1 10k credits and x6 x10 tickets).

Anyway, this is the final result in researches and credits got/spent over the burn:
- Credits started with 1.2m, finished with 1.3m;
- Bought the B-2A and completed research lv1-lv2;
- Bought everything to get to FALKEN from F-22A, also both HVAA Range S and QAAM Quick S;
- Bought ADFX-01 MORGAN and completed research lv1-lv2;
- Bought FALKEN and completed research lv1-lv2;
- Bought everything to get Wyvern from the F-35B;
- Bought Wyvern and completed research lv1-lv2;
- Upgraded Su-34 -CN- to lv2 and completed research lv2-lv3.

I have to say, it was a really good and profitable burn after all, even with few Raid encounters and crappy Gold boxes.

Last edited:
Damn, you practically have it made now @Flaren89!

Edit: GAH! These challenges are overwhelming. I want to do them all but I don't want to use any stocked fuel, except to get that Black Widow skin but then I'll have to be flying a F-14. I've been rinse repeating on only a couple of them. Last go around I got a lot of special supply tickets so I probably don't need any this time around. I wonder if we'll get anything decent in the supply items catalogue on the 1st February update.

Last edited:
Holy Razgriz I got a SOLG III a couple of hours ago after hunting for special raids over the past 3 days.

In other news:

butterfly_master_by_cabulb-d8egd9o.jpg

10/10 would go to the Electrosphere with.

Holy Razgriz I got a SOLG III a couple of hours ago after hunting for special raids over the past 3 days.

In other news:

Another SP raid 3 I will not see. :scared:
Nice As...ehm Coffin system.
My personal favourite is Nagase from AH/Infinity anyway :lol:

Another SP raid 3 I will not see. :scared:
Nice As...ehm Coffin system.
My personal favourite is Nagase from AH/Infinity anyway :lol:

Didn't know Nagase was in AH. Then again I haven't really played that game :lol:.

I swear they've increased encounter rates. I got a SOLG 1 on Friday and another on Saturday. I usually try to stay in the same lobby if not hosting one when using up my 3 supplied to make sure my encounter chances are higher!

Didn't know Nagase was in AH. Then again I haven't really played that game :lol:.

I swear they've increased encounter rates. I got a SOLG 1 on Friday and another on Saturday. I usually try to stay in the same lobby if not hosting one when using up my 3 supplied to make sure my encounter chances are higher!
the pinup Nagase on the F-2 wing!
For me:
No SR3, SR4, MDP 4.
I got an SR3 once, the guy closed the room.

After the luck I had with II, I'm not even gonna try 3. Unfortunately you don't find the event, the event finds you :scared:

In other news:

Would go anywhere with.

the pinup Nagase on the F-2 wing!
For me:
No SR3, SR4, MDP 4.
I got an SR3 once, the guy closed the room.

Was she even part of the story :lol:?

I hate it when people close rooms when a level 2+ special raid hits. I know it's recorded on a phone but I hope my video gets around enough for people to actually have an example of proper hosting manners when the rare missions show themselves (use stocked fuel, wait for everyone to ready up, etc.)

Keep using those supplied in one Aiming for Special Raids room per session dude. Something's bound to hit eventually. I have a feeling the encounter rates have been higher than normal for the SOLG raids because P.A. really wants to hype up the Razgriz tourney.

After the luck I had with II, I'm not even gonna try 3. Unfortunately you don't find the event, the event finds you :scared:

Would go anywhere with.

The grind is real :lol:.

Actually can't wait for the next set of campaign missions after seeing that Camilla.

Also, does anyone get the feeling that Naval TDM or something involving heavy ground/sea-pounding is on it's way because of the B-1B/FB-22/Attacker/Multirole challenges? They're giving away plant/merc contracts away EVERYDAY just by completing them and they're usually $~1.00 each on the PS Store.

Was she even part of the story :lol:?

I hate it when people close rooms when a level 2+ special raid hits. I know it's recorded on a phone but I hope my video gets around enough for people to actually have an example of proper hosting manners when the rare missions show themselves (use stocked fuel, wait for everyone to ready up, etc.)

Keep using those supplied in one Aiming for Special Raids room per session dude. Something's bound to hit eventually. I have a feeling the encounter rates have been higher than normal for the SOLG raids because P.A. really wants to hype up the Razgriz tourney.

The grind is real :lol:.

Actually can't wait for the next set of campaign missions after seeing that Camilla.

Also, does anyone get the feeling that Naval TDM or something involving heavy ground/sea-pounding is on it's way because of the B-1B/FB-22/Attacker/Multirole challenges? They're giving away plant/merc contracts away EVERYDAY just by completing them and they're usually $~1.00 each on the PS Store.
Nagase was a Cameo in some cutscenes in AH.
Anyway I prefer Nagase, she looks more cute :P

latest
latest

The grind is real, yeah, I expect lots of people burning fuel during the Razgriz for the FALKEN and X-02.
I still have to decide...

Nagase was a Cameo in some cutscenes in AH.
Anyway I prefer Nagase, she looks more cute :P

latest
latest

The grind is real, yeah, I expect lots of people burning fuel during the Razgriz for the FALKEN and X-02.
I still have to decide...

Plot twist, Camilla and Nagase are sisters. It's actually uncanny how similar they look in those photos.

Save your fuel for the Mobius tournament and let's go for the top 20 if the nickname is a good one :lol:.

Joking aside, if you don't miss a supplied sortie when Razgriz starts tomorrow until it ends the 1st/2nd of February (depending on what the game says on your console) that's 42 free fuel. If it takes ~200 fuel to get top 200 that might bump your fuel requirement down to 170-180 if you consistently score ~1000+ ranking points per fuel used?

The last tourney I ran was Yellow 13 and I used about 165 stocked for top 200, missing at least one of the weekend days to forced sortie. Some people have already wasted 25+ stocked on levelling up the super-planes if that gives you an idea of what people have been up to in terms of fuel.

EDIT: Oh you also have to wonder how many people have good enough F-14s for the tournament. I for one don't have the equipment required to rank high in the Razgriz tourney since my best plane for it is my trusty old Level 5 Zipang. I've upgraded the 6AAMs to level 2 as well but doubt I'll rank anywhere higher than top 5000 with what I've got for it.

The other piece of info worth noting is that quite a few people will skip this tourney in favor of Mobius so it really depends if you think there will be enough time between Razgriz to get at least another 200 stocked for Mobius. Hope this post helps you make up your mind!

Last edited:
Plot twist, Camilla and Nagase are sisters. It's actually uncanny how similar they look in those photos.

Save your fuel for the Mobius tournament and let's go for the top 20 if the nickname is a good one :lol:.

Joking aside, if you don't miss a supplied sortie when Razgriz starts tomorrow until it ends the 1st/2nd of February (depending on what the game says on your console) that's 42 free fuel. If it takes ~200 fuel to get top 200 that might bump your fuel requirement down to 170-180 if you consistently score ~1000+ ranking points per fuel used?

The last tourney I ran was Yellow 13 and I used about 165 stocked for top 200, missing at least one of the weekend days to forced sortie. Some people have already wasted 25+ stocked on levelling up the super-planes if that gives you an idea of what people have been up to in terms of fuel.

EDIT: Oh you also have to wonder how many people have good enough F-14s for the tournament. I for one don't have the equipment required to rank high in the Razgriz tourney since my best plane for it is my trusty old Level 5 Zipang. I've upgraded the 6AAMs to level 2 as well but doubt I'll rank anywhere higher than top 5000 with what I've got for it.

The other piece of info worth noting is that quite a few people will skip this tourney in favor of Mobius so it really depends if you think there will be enough time between Razgriz to get at least another 200 stocked for Mobius. Hope this post helps you make up your mind!
Who cares I would sleep with both of them. :lol:

Now: I'm at 158 stocked and I will start the tournament with probably 160 units.
To get 240 units of fuel I need to spend 140€ and I don't want to do that.
There's a really nice Ferrari 641/2 1:18 EXOTO on eBay and I really want to buy it, there's still chance to save some € at auction closed so I can purchase at least a 60 pack if necessary.
There's a high chance to get around 60 units (drops and fuel gifts) before the Mobius starts since those strategic tournaments are usually one every month, last one was the Rena Hirose, during the Xmas period and there's still hope the next one will be the -Scarface- since mentioned on the FB page.
I do have the equipment (LVL 8 Mickey Simon with LVL 4 6AAMs, ready to upgrade both) and I even done some MVPs with it.
Weekend forced sortie are lasting just 3 days and not 4 but there are the new planes now and lots of people are leveling up or simply reaching those on the aircraft three so my strategy is: doing as much points as I can with supplied, see how the auction goes for the model (ends when the tournament starts) and decide on saturday, doing a 2 days full immertion.
I want both, AC5 was my first AC game but Mobius is my favourite protagonist.

I regret burning fuel during the Heartbroke One tournament (60 units less in the fuel pool), I've done it basically because I started flirting with a girl during the last day of the year party, the thing went just fine before her best friend told her I had a crush on her a week later.
This false statement messed up the whole thing ending up "I'm not interested, sorry" and I was like "Damn it, I've not kissed you or told "I like you" or something because we're just knowing each other".
This happened just during the tournament and I had to wipe out my anger playing Infinity for more than just 6 sorties/day so I got the Heartbroke insignia and the Mirage (both extremely cool anyway).
Fun facts:
1) My last girlfriend was from belarus and I've just collected the Bartlett's insignia (The captain used to have a lady friend in Yuktobania Yuktobania=Russia~Belarus :lol:).
My ex actually phoned me one week the tournament was over, that was just terrible, since July she just disappeared from my life :lol:
2) I was leveling up the Mickey Simon during the tournament and I decided since the beginning to upgrade this F-14 (no wardog or jolly rogers in my hangar and I hate the zipang) in order to have a cool tomcat with Bartlett's logo...well the plane is F-14 -MC-, MC are the initial (name and surname) of the girl I was flirting during the party.

Life is a weird bucket of coincidences you know...:rolleyes:

So exactly, what does the contracts do? I never quite understood what they were for.

Back