Anyone Expecting a "City Circuit" pack to be released ?

• Thread starter Gabe777
  • 114 comments
Not necessarily, but I did previously predict an additional Alsace layout before it was actually revealed. So when it comes to city courses, my most likely bets would be three new Tokyo Expressway layouts: West, North, and Outer. Screenshot this post.

But yeah, I'd love more city circuits in other locales, or even just city circuits from the PS3 era like the Circuito di Roma, Madrid, and/or London. Or we could see some Formula E circuits appear, which are real-life street circuits, and could allow for some locales from GT4 to return, like Hong Kong and NYC - albeit not in the exact same locations. For example, the NYC circuit in GT4 is in Manhattan, whereas the Formula E circuit is in Brooklyn to the southeast.

(I also predict that there will be an additional layout for Colorado Springs.)

Last edited:
Am I the only one who likes Tokyo Expressway (mostly)? Minus the penalties perhaps
Same. Not sure if I would say it's great for racing but for time trials all the layouts are really satisfying to nail, it's by far the track I drove in the most in Sport's VR mode.

Madrid, Rome and London were some of the most fun tracks on GT5, surely can't be too hard to port over
As with Deep Forest, scaling issues mean tracks have to be rebuilt for GTS and GT7's engine. Real city courses are very hard to make at the level of detail the game offers. Do not expect them to come back.

I'm not saying city courses are off the table since Tokyo Expressway's set in Tokyo.

But tracks like Madrid, London, and New York City would be far too outdated to merely port. They'd have to completely redesign from the ground up, and knowing PDs attention to detail, that'd take months.

Then again, if we do get a London, or a Madrid, I'm totally looking at the billboards to see when they took their photos. 🤣

I'm not saying city courses are off the table since Tokyo Expressway's set in Tokyo.

But tracks like Madrid, London, and New York City would be far too outdated to merely port. They'd have to completely redesign from the ground up, and knowing PDs attention to detail, that'd take months.

Then again, if we do get a London, or a Madrid, I'm totally looking at the billboards to see when they took their photos. 🤣
Tokyo Expressway is different; little to none of the scenery is real. In fact, much of the buildings were auto-generated by AI... They're as much in Tokyo as Special Stage Route 5 was.

Don’t expect tracks to be released in packs; there’ll probably be a track released every few free updates.
If they stick to the same schedule as Sport I would expect a new track every other month.

Last edited:
Huh? The track list in GT7 is the best in the series by far.
This has got to be one of the worst takes about GT7 I've ever read lol.

There has been a ton of discussion already about the city courses from GT4 being remodeled which would be awesome but seems farfetched. Add in Rome from GT2/3 or GT5/6 and I'd be pretty satisfied. Some sort of Rome circuit would probably be a biggest throwback from a nostalgia perspective.

That said, I would expect original circuits first because real circuits or tracks based on real locations are difficult and expensive to model. I'd be surprised if we got any real-life tracks within the first year of the game, honestly, especially with the positivity surrounding the Trial Mountain and especially Deep Forest remodel.

There has been a ton of discussion already about the city courses from GT4 being remodeled which would be awesome but seems farfetched. Add in Rome from GT2/3 or GT5/6 and I'd be pretty satisfied. Some sort of Rome circuit would probably be a biggest throwback from a nostalgia perspective.

That said, I would expect original circuits first because real circuits or tracks based on real locations are difficult and expensive to model. I'd be surprised if we got any real-life tracks within the first year of the game, honestly, especially with the positivity surrounding the Trial Mountain and especially Deep Forest remodel.

If you're going to argue for city tracks you could at least mention the good ones like Costa di Amalfi, Citta di Aria, and Côte d'Azur. Most city tracks are just a bunch of 90° turns and if you're lucky a roundabout to mix things up.

Check his post history out. This is barely even the crust on the creme brulee of truly awful takes.
If you're going to argue for city tracks you could at least mention the good ones like Costa di Amalfi, Citta di Aria, and Côte d'Azur.
Ah yes, the famously great for racing Cote d'Azur, the wide open and flowing Costa di Amalfi, and of course the three-wide phenomenon of Citta di Aria. Wonderful tracks, one and all...

... in answer to the main question though, no. PD is not one for releasing tracks as "packs". In the entire history of GT games we've had one "pack" with more than one track in it, and that was GT5's Track Pack. It added Spa and Kart Space. Technically you could count GT Sport update 1.11 which added Monza and additional Lago Maggiore layouts too, perhaps. All the others have been individual releases.

Check his post history out. This is barely even the crust on the creme brulee of truly awful takes.

Ah yes, the famously great for racing Cote d'Azur, the wide open and flowing Costa di Amalfi, and of course the three-wide phenomenon of Citta di Aria. Wonderful tracks, one and all...

... in answer to the main question though, no. PD is not one for releasing tracks as "packs". In the entire history of GT games we've had one "pack" with more than one track in it, and that was GT5's Track Pack. It added Spa and Kart Space. Technically you could count GT Sport update 1.11 which added Monza and additional Lago Maggiore layouts too, perhaps. All the others have been individual releases.

They are at least as wide as most of the Nordschleife and for that matter the new Tokyo tracks as well.

Overall the city tracks are my personal favorites, followed by the original/fantasy circuits, the real world circuits and lastly GT's rally courses. I'd love to see Madrid, Rome and London come back. I'd even like PD to try a San Francisco or Long Beach.

They are at least as wide as most of the Nordschleife
Which is both also a terrible track for racing on and yet another entirely fabricated fact from your neverending vault of incredible horse****.
and for that matter the new Tokyo tracks as well.
Oh yeah, sure, the three-lane wide highway is easily narrower than the two-lane city streets of "Cote d'Azur", Costa di Amalfi, and Citta di Aria - the last of which definitely doesn't have two sections so narrow it's literally impossible to fit two cars side-by-side.

Shaun The Sheep Movie Ok GIF

Last edited:
I've always loved city tracks because of the narrow nature of the tracks and the buildings there is a much greater sense of speed compared to the super wide flowing tracks, also the bumpy surfaces are more challenging than the perfectly flat and level F1-quality circuits, and last but not least I'm a fan of twisty technical 90° corner combos.

I have no illusions about a ton of them being implemented into GT7, but I sincerely do hope one or two make it into the game via update.

I'd really like to see Opera Paris, New York and Seattle. :drool:

Last edited:
Back