Anyone Expecting a "City Circuit" pack to be released ?

• Thread starter Gabe777
  • 114 comments
As I mentioned in a previous post, I would love to see:

Rome night/Rome with a nighttime setting.

Tokyo R246 with a nighttime setting.

Seattle GT2/GT3 version with daytime/dusk/nighttime setting.

Newyork with a nighttime setting.

Those 4 are my favorite city tracks from the previous games, especially Newyork and Rome night. Seattle was also pretty fun with high bounces in some areas, sorta reminded me of San Fierro on San Andreas.

Those 4 are my favorite city tracks from the previous games, especially Newyork and Rome night. Seattle was also pretty fun with high bounces in some areas, sorta reminded me of San Fierro on San Andreas.
I was less keen on New York, too many 90 degree corners for my liking, but I'd love to see those tracks make a return.

Last edited:
I think one thing I'd like to see in future city tracks are sections with tram crossings?

Seattle had one in the bus-stop portion of the track and it was super fun to bounce across it on a hotlap.

I think one thing I'd like to see in future city tracks are sections with tram crossings?

Seattle had one in the bus-stop portion of the track and it was super fun to bounce across it on a hotlap.
Trying to think of a track that had one that wasn't a city course too. I don't recall if Grindelwald had one.

It was once said by a user here that Kaz produces GT more to please his personal taste than to cater to his fan base.

I think Tokyo Expressaway can be an example of this. Kaz once said that he loved driving his Porsche 911 on that road. That's why, I think, there's a special dedication to Tokyo Expressaway in the last few GTs. With this in mind, it is likely that all the work for the production of city circuits was devoted to the Tokyo highway, as city circuits are assumed to be much more labor intensive to make than conventional racetracks.

I believe the problem is not the Sport Mode. There are very narrow and closed circuits currently in the game that offer the same problem as the eventual city circuit. Perhaps, the problem is the capacity and speed of production of PD to deliver new circuits.

I would like to see Monaco, Macau, Singapore and Long Beach, talking about real circuits. About fictional tracks, I would like to see the return of the cast of city circuits from Gran Turismo 4 and, of course, from Special Stage Route 5 and 11, either in Tokyo or adapted in a new setting (what matters is the layout).

Last edited:
Pack is unlikely, but there’s no way PD isn’t aware of people religiously requesting Seattle - the question is if they deem it feasible to redo with current scenery. I think R246 is much easier to do, it’s a question of if they want to. I think city street circuits are much better tracks for racing than highway type tracks, hopefully PD starts thinking that way too.

Seattle - the question is if they deem it feasible to redo with current scenery.
I totally forgot I did this weeeeeeeeks ago:

1650329140626.png

As I'm sure you'll know, but other people might not, the only real problem is South Royal Brougham Way, where the Lumen Field Event Center parking garage is now in the way of the track and you can't skip it out and ignore the bus stop section because... well... concrete.

You'd also have to hook right onto 1st Avenue South then have a sharp chicane onto Alaskan Way, which would kind-of replicate the last bit of the old track under the now-demolished flyover - plus a pitlane on Railroad Way South would be neat (though it looks like a bit like it's been blown up and is being cleaned up on Streetview :lol: )

They should include every city that hosted FIA Certified GT Championships events, such as:

• Circuito de Madrid
  • Cote d'Azur
  • Las Vegas (this time as circuits around the Strip, instead of a quarter-mile drag)
  • Tokyo (metropolitan Tokyo, also, adding back Tokyo R246 would be a great idea too)
  • New York
  • Paris (George V Paris is not possible to recreate anymore)
  • Sydney - new
And besides their original layouts, there should be new layouts highlighting the many parts of the city, like for example:

New York - New York Circuit (Times Square, original), Fifth Avenue, Brooklyn, John F. Kennedy Airport
Paris - Opera Paris, Arc de Triomph, Seine
Tokyo - Tokyo R246 (original), Shibuya Crossing, Shinjuku, Akihabara, Ginza

So what PD ought to do is add some more classic tracks that were in the gt3 and gt5 era. Like,

London, Special Stage Route 5 and 11, Apricot Hill, Midfield raceway, etc. And what would be included in the city circuit pack?

Last edited:

View attachment 1139560

As I'm sure you'll know, but other people might not, the only real problem is South Royal Brougham Way, where the Lumen Field Event Center parking garage is now in the way of the track and you can't skip it out and ignore the bus stop section because... well... concrete.

You'd also have to hook right onto 1st Avenue South then have a sharp chicane onto Alaskan Way, which would kind-of replicate the last bit of the old track under the now-demolished flyover - plus a pitlane on Railroad Way South would be neat (though it looks like a bit like it's been blown up and is being cleaned up on Streetview :lol: )
There is a sillier alternative for the S Royal Brougham Way route.

4th Ave S to 3rd Ave S up onto the spiral ramp onto S Royal Brougham. :lol:

1650339424718.png

View attachment 1139560

There is a sillier alternative for the S Royal Brougham Way route.

4th Ave S to 3rd Ave S up onto the spiral ramp onto S Royal Brougham. :lol:

View attachment 1139582

Booooyyyy howdy do I know this :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did a whole detailed breakdown here:

Honestly the biggest change is the scenery, most of the roads are still “intact” (barring the fact that the whole area is under perpetual construction at the moment), the biggest change to the original layout is the stadium section which even then, it’s either a minor route change or just extends the tail end of the circuit by a few blocks depending on what you want to do.

Even GT2’s iteration was outdated, as the King Dome got blown up around 4 months after it’s release. The viaduct is also now completely gone, but currently the route around it can still be driven if construction stuff is cleared out:

View attachment 1109274

If they develop that area into a park however they can just use the next block east to connect back to Yesler Way (green). Personally I think it would be smarter in general to extend the front straight and U-turn more northwards cuz there’s significantly more vibrant scenery there now, including but not limited to a large Ferris wheel and dockside attractions that would look amazing at night.

View attachment 1109276

I think having the U at University would make the track cooler from the driver’s perspective, but Union seems more realistic for a “fan” perspective, more seating potential. Also reverse variants would still have the Wheel very visible. It’s just south of the Seattle Aquarium as well.

A further alternative would be to extend another ~quarter-half mile north to go past/through the Pike Place Market:

(Aquarium circled for context)

View attachment 1109277

The 3D map is still severely outdated (viaduct is still present and is fully operational) but the route passing under on Western has a really cool “tunnel”-like section:

View attachment 1109278

This would lead straight to the green route in the first picture that reconnects with Yesler.

The next mandatory change for the current reality of Seattle as mentioned at the top is the stadium section. Following as close (location-wise) to the original would require using a 360° left handed on-ramp to get on Royal Brougham and split the stadiums and eventually reconnect to Alaskan Way. They could use some of those nearby ramps as spectator opportunities as well:

View attachment 1109279

The other option is to go further South to Edgar Martinez and go around the Baseball field:

View attachment 1109280

Taking Brougham logically would finish out the circuit by going up 1st and then taking a switchback/chicane to reconnect to Alaskan Way. Martinez would take you all the way to Alaskan Way, overpassing the south exit of the 99 tunnel, and allowing for a DT-style death chicane where the ramp returns you to the main avenue. In my eyes the Martinez route is more realistic as it avoids the weird tight 360 on-ramp between the stadiums, and could still go up 1st route if the overpass on Alaskan is too skinny.

Seattle would absolutely remain familiar unless PD go for a completely different route somewhere else in the city.

So yeah, TL;DR easiest workaround is extending south around the current stadiums, and maybe shifting the block where the first U-turn happens depending on construction, other than that all the roads are still there.

And @Famine, street view, 3D view, and satellite view have been relentlessly inaccurate due to the rate of development downtown. Apple Maps is still using some data that’s like 3-4 years old, including the viaduct. :lol: :lol: :lol: I’ve been wanting to do a video on it but I’m already behind on 5 or so other projects. If a GT-Four pops up again in the UCD soon I might be enticed to sideline those, do up a replica of my IRL car in the game, and do some extensive comparisons.

Last edited:
Been watching some Cart races from 98/99, some fantastic street tracks raced on back then. The Vancouver race in the rain Montoya won was fantastic, great little track too

Ah! Rome!
I loved powering my tuned Integrale around the Collossium!
Spent many hours having split screen racing with my best mate at that track.
Would love to see it back.

Yes. That's me driving in this video. Plenty of room to power slide around corners and even to do a controlled spin at the end as a little flourish. 😀

Have to say that's some nice driving, very aggressive... Were you using a wheel or just the DS2?

Have to say that's some nice driving, very aggressive... Were you using a wheel or just the DS2?
Just the DS2. The beautiful thing about that car in older GT games is you could crank the AYC active Yaw controller way up and make the car tear around corners. Sadly not an option in GT7.

Just the DS2. The beautiful thing about that car in older GT games is you could crank the AYC active Yaw controller way up and make the car tear around corners. Sadly not an option in GT7.
Yeah that's one of the small things I find annoying about GT7, also the fact we're not able to put anti-lag on cars that have a non-factory turbo modification.

I think more realistically, we'll get some Formula E courses set in those locales. This could end up replacing the GT4 and PS3-era courses set in the following cities:

Seoul
NYC
Hong Kong
Rome
Paris

Of course, I'm also hoping that Monaco returns, too.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who likes Tokyo Expressway (mostly)? Minus the penalties perhaps
i like 'em!

i point out tokyo everytime this thread pops up "no street tracks" .... does that mean i wouldnt love seattle, rome or london back, no i love those tracks too... but tokyo IS a city/street track and there are very enjoyable layouts for it...

i would love to see st.pete, long beach and macau.... now those are some street tracks...

Back