Anyone still hybriding in GT5?

• Thread starter NMKH91
  • 66 comments
I think I have produced a car that rivals the Redbull X-series. It is a Toyota Minolta Time attack killer, all out. Reduced to bare bones (lmao "safety"), it weighs 544kg. A very high pressure turbo has been fitted, along with a complete modern reworking of the internals for maximum power. Its 4L V8 pumps outs 2120 horsepower, and 1800ft/lbs of torque. It runs a 37 second lap at High-Speed ring.

I'm trying to make the GT5 version of this kind of car, a time attack killer.

can somebody help me with my hybridding my laptop recently died and that had my GT5 save editor on it so now i can't make my insano hybrids like a racing NSX engine in a civic or a Viper ACR engine in a Eagle Talon

Is it possible to still download the updates since the servers were shut down?

If so, what is the recommended version for GT5 for this?

Is it possible to still download the updates since the servers were shut down?

If so, what is the recommended version for GT5 for this?
You can still download updates for GT5, but all services are now offline (no online lobbies or seasonal events).

Version 2.11 is where hybriding became mainstream in GT5, and many GT5 hybriding tools worked with them. GT5 Hybrid Builder 1.5 and GT5 Garage Editor 1.3.1 are the ones I used, they worked well. However, Hybrid Builder 1.5 is the easiest GT5 Hybriding tool for use on that.
Version 2.14 was the last version that hybriding was possible, but it required HxD and Bruteforce (PS3 save hacking tools) to make them properly (the easier tools no longer worked for making hybrids, but still worked for money hacks). I used that method too, but my creations using it were not so good at first. My work improved over time as I learned to use those tools better, and I used this method until 2.15 killed hybriding on OFW (Original FirmWare) PS3 consoles.

If your new to GT5 hacking or prefer having a variety of modding tools to use, I suggest starting with versions 2.11 or 2.12. If you done well with the HxD-Bruteforce method and don't need the easier hybriding tools to make modded cars in GT5, then you can use any version until 2.14.
I personally chose 2.11 so I have more variety in tools I can use to make hybrids.

You can still download updates for GT5, but all services are now offline (no online lobbies or seasonal events).

Version 2.11 is where hybriding became mainstream in GT5, and many GT5 hybriding tools worked with them. GT5 Hybrid Builder 1.5 and GT5 Garage Editor 1.3.1 are the ones I used, they worked well. However, Hybrid Builder 1.5 is the easiest GT5 Hybriding tool for use on that.
Version 2.14 was the last version that hybriding was possible, but it required HxD and Bruteforce (PS3 save hacking tools) to make them properly (the easier tools no longer worked for making hybrids, but still worked for money hacks). I used that method too, but my creations using it were not so good at first. My work improved over time as I learned to use those tools better, and I used this method until 2.15 killed hybriding on OFW (Original FirmWare) PS3 consoles.

If your new to GT5 hacking or prefer having a variety of modding tools to use, I suggest starting with versions 2.11 or 2.12. If you done well with the HxD-Bruteforce method and don't need the easier hybriding tools to make modded cars in GT5, then you can use any version until 2.14.
I personally chose 2.11 so I have more variety in tools I can use to make hybrids.
When I can I tell if the update is at 2.11 when in the update download screen?

When I can I tell if the update is at 2.11 when in the update download screen?
I have done this a long time ago, I think it the 23rd patch and once it finish downloading and then it will stay it is installing to your HDD and once that is finish. It will start the 24th update starts to download and then press O to cancel the 24th update and you should be on version 2.11, and as I said I have done this a long time ago.

I did this once, and it was just so that I could make money faster, but I never did use the cars online. Personally, I didn't like the hybrid cars, I felt like the game had been ruined. :banghead: :(

So call me late to the party but this is my new favorite thing. I never race online so I don't have to worry about Hybrids ruining my game and it's pretty fun building proper race cars. The first, and so far only dodgy bucket I've made is this-

CAR: Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) '69
Chassis: Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 (C2) Race Car '63
Engine: Chaparral 2D Race Car '67

8MO8EXh.jpg

One of my old favorites is now nearly perfect.

I just started yesterday, already loving it! So far I've made a V8 GT86 and a 427 Buick GNX both work well but could be improved. Having a lot of problems though with the program I'm using

I just started yesterday, already loving it! So far I've made a V8 GT86 and a 427 Buick GNX both work well but could be improved. Having a lot of problems though with the program I'm using
What program are you using.

Yessir.

My PS3 can't handle the GT series any longer though. So I have to use the old warhorse for hybrids. I don't feel like switching between the two systems when I feel like customising some cars though...

Well some people kept it somewhat real with hybrids and it was nice to show and drive with them on online.
Ofcourse there was people who ruined the fun with 4000 bhp civics and such..

Not to necro post but I wanted to say that I did a Hennessy venom GT replica by giving the Elise 111R a Dodge Viper ACR engine and it makes over 1000 HP with upgrades.

I also put a v12 LMR Engine in my BMW M3 Coupe and I think I put the v12 lmr's transmission on the m3 too but either way my m3 is really fast at 900+ hp and sounds mean! Lol

I just got GT5 a few days ago to play career mode and build some hybrids.

I desperately missed the Nissan Pulsar GTI-R that PD decided to drop from the GT series, and was able to build one.

Day 1 of my game, what do I find in the used car dealership? A Nissan EXA Canopy. Or Nissan Pulsar NX as it was called in the US. Well this ugly little hatchwagon thing would be hilarious to hop up like a GTI-R. The Mazda BP Falken chassis swap bumped the weight up to 10kg more than a GTI-R, and provided a wider track filling out the fenders. Also provided 50/50 weight distribution, which is not true to a real GTI-R but good because racecar. Having to use the same aspiration engine an SR20DE motor was needed. The older ones didnt provide enough power to get to 227hp with minimal mods but the late model S15 engine did. The rest was just sort of cobbled together to provide 4WD and I used differentials from a subaru race car to provide full adjustability.

"Nissan Pulsar NXI-R"

Mugen Civic Race Car Suspension
Mazda BP Falken Chassis
Nissan Silvia Varietta Motor (SR20DE)
-Engine Computer
-Stage 1 Engine
-Mid Range Turbo
94 Subaru STI Drivetrain/Gearbox
Subaru Impreza WRC 2008 Differential

227hp/211tq
1230kg
443pp
Install Full Custom Transmission, use GTI-R ratios:
Final Drive 4.125
Top Speed 155
Gears - 3.285, 1.85, 1.272, 0.954, 0.74

22819087366_ff344df82d_z.jpg

22426745188_d06b616bca_z.jpg

Comparison to Pulsar GTI-R
-hp the same
-1 lb/ft more torque
-car weighs 10kg more
-wheelbase the same
-transmisson the same
-Falken RX7 chassis provides 50/50 weight distribution vs 63/37 for GTI-R
-You feel like inspector gadget in this hoopty

I just got GT5 a few days ago to play career mode and build some hybrids.

I desperately missed the Nissan Pulsar GTI-R that PD decided to drop from the GT series, and was able to build one.

Day 1 of my game, what do I find in the used car dealership? A Nissan EXA Canopy. Or Nissan Pulsar NX as it was called in the US. Well this ugly little hatchwagon thing would be hilarious to hop up like a GTI-R. The Mazda BP Falken chassis swap bumped the weight up to 10kg more than a GTI-R, and provided a wider track filling out the fenders. Also provided 50/50 weight distribution, which is not true to a real GTI-R but good because racecar. Having to use the same aspiration engine an SR20DE motor was needed. The older ones didnt provide enough power to get to 227hp with minimal mods but the late model S15 engine did. The rest was just sort of cobbled together to provide 4WD and I used differentials from a subaru race car to provide full adjustability.

"Nissan Pulsar NXI-R"

Mugen Civic Race Car Suspension
Mazda BP Falken Chassis
Nissan Silvia Varietta Motor (SR20DE)
-Engine Computer
-Stage 1 Engine
-Mid Range Turbo
94 Subaru STI Drivetrain/Gearbox
Subaru Impreza WRC 2008 Differential

227hp/211tq
1230kg
443pp
Install Full Custom Transmission, use GTI-R ratios:
Final Drive 4.125
Top Speed 155
Gears - 3.285, 1.85, 1.272, 0.954, 0.74

22819087366_ff344df82d_z.jpg

22426745188_d06b616bca_z.jpg

Comparison to Pulsar GTI-R
-hp the same
-1 lb/ft more torque
-car weighs 10kg more
-wheelbase the same
-transmisson the same
-Falken RX7 chassis provides 50/50 weight distribution vs 63/37 for GTI-R
-You feel like inspector gadget in this hoopty
This is the sort of stuff that I loved to make.

Back