Are you already feeling nostalgia about GT5?

I'm not really nostalgic about GT5 since I still play it. :) I just got a gaming computer recently (for Skyrim and some other games), so buying a PS4, although I can afford one, is not something I justify right now. Plus, it sounds like PD still hasn't any of the features I'd like to see in one of their racing sims, but that's another subject entirely.

It makes me depressed that we only have a few days left before GT5 goes offline. This is probably a dicey subject, but is there any way to get back online in 5? Like, a 3rd party server or something? Probably not, eh?

It makes me depressed that we only have a few days left before GT5 goes offline. This is probably a dicey subject, but is there any way to get back online in 5? Like, a 3rd party server or something? Probably not, eh?
As for getting back online after the 1st of May June, nobody knows of one yet, but signs are leading towards no. LAN tunneling, as is used for PS2 and Xbox, won't work in this case, and 3rd party servers (some of which still exist for the Dreamcast) seem very unlikely too.
I'll be there to witness and record GT5's last races, but don't know exactly what time the servers are closing.

Last edited:
I hadn't played GT5 since the Blu-ray drive on my old PS3 died back in July of last year. With GT6 coming out, I thought I would never play it again.
Today I decided I would install it on my new PS3 since they're taking down all of the DLC in three days.
Upon arriving at that classic GT Life screen, I realized just how many memories I had with this game: literally hundreds of trades, the birth and death of a drifting team I helped organize with some of the chillest guys out there, racing door-to-door in the wee hours of the morning in lobbies with friends I never would have met if it weren't for GT5 and the common love of cars.... The game has changed, and so has my life, but revisiting GT5 today really took me back to the good 'ol days.
No matter what you become in the near future, thank you GT5, for all the good times that were had.

well since there are less than 30 days left i will play every day until the end

gt5 got a lot of criticism but until gt6 can cover all its features...

I look back on it with fondness. What a fantastic game it was, and is.

GT5 has a warmth about it that I can't put my finger on. It was very soft, welcoming and absorbing. Most of all, fun.

One of my favorite things about GT5 was gaming with people I worked with. I'm a mechanic, so it was fun because back when GT5 was new, none of us had ever raced each other virtually. So it was fun working with a couple guys on cars all day, and then going home and racing them virtually. Coming back in to work the next day and busting out laughing at some of the things that happened as we raced.

I mean, the same things could happen with GT6, but it was more special because racing virtually was new to all of us when 5 came out.

this game changed my look... i dont know if it all the videos they released trying to pump up their fans to, but seeing all the fireworks on route 7 and le mans... I know I'm going to miss gt5. it has it's own originality, something that I am going to miss forever... one of the only games where I can ire up the game and just listen to the menu music for hours... Goodbye old friend (GT5)

this game changed my look... i dont know if it all the videos they released trying to pump up their fans to, but seeing all the fireworks on route 7 and le mans... I know I'm going to miss gt5. it has it's own originality, something that I am going to miss forever... one of the only games where I can ire up the game and just listen to the menu music for hours... Goodbye old friend (GT5)
That is exactly how I feel... GT6 is really good, it has pretty much everything that GT5 also has... but... I don't know... Maybe I am feeling like this because it is the game I played most after lovin' GT4 so much...

Back