Assassin Performance Tuning ** M3 '04 TEST CAR Released **

Lol remember what happened to your bro, Assassin? It's happening to raver now (o_O) <-- *gasp*!!!!! I has No_OB syndrome too!!! :scared: :dopey:

dropsonde
the CSL tune is perfect! definitely caters to clean, slow in fast out driving, not a late braker. very nice

this raver guy can't possibly be an actual raver. we are much more relaxed and chill. or he does too many speedy pills :D

Thanks Bro, Great to hear. Yeah I cater to 0-ABS Tuning, just like you said, we brake before the Turn, slow in - fast out. Still trail brake but not nearly as often. Thanks again for running my Tune. I'm spending a good time on the M3 chassis looking to refine the line up of Tunes I have for the various models.

Last edited:
Tone it down, AT - it's unwise to call others' comments stupid when you have a habit of double and triple posting after repeated reminders not to, as just one example...

7748928d.jpg

New Garage Pic

I'm working on the M3 Coupe '08 & M5 waiting on a lil feedback for the M3 Test Car before working on it some more.

Cheers!

Ryan G
yo assassin, trying to pm you...your box is full, need to delete some old messages bruh! hit me up, got a ? for ya!

Yeah, that box fills up quick. Gimme a sec to free it up for yah.

Sorry been distracted debating gearing & improved my calculations for them. Always looking for ways to improve the Cars performance, squeeze every last Drop out of Em.

Done.

Last edited:
M3 04 Test Car
This is a car I've put together to test out some stuff on the M3 Chassis. I'm looking to make my M3 family of Cars the best They can be and I'll use these Test Cars to improve them. Thanks for working with me to produce the best M3 Tunes available. All help working on these cars is appreciated.

Bought & Repaired

M3 500-PP TEST Car

Base Car
BMW M3 '04
Available at: UCD

Important!
(Repair Engine/Chassis)

Parts

Body/Chassis
Weight Reduction: Stage 2
Window Weight Reduction; Yes
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis Reinforcement: Yes

Engine
Computer: Tuned ECU
Engine Tuning: Stage 3 (I'm still playing with this one, keep a second car in case I find it runs better with a lower power stage and less limiting.) this Tune is designed around 500pp on RS tires.

Intake System
Intake manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing

Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Titanium Racing

Transmission
Fully Customizable Transmission

Drivetrain
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Carbon Drive Shaft: Yes
Differential: Adjustable LSD

Suspension
Fully Customizable Suspension

Tires
RS

385hp & 1394kg @ 500pp

SETTINGS

Power Limiter
79.3%

It has to be at 79.3% for the gear values to be available.

Ballast
Amount
44kg
Position

Suspension
-12/4
12.5/8.6
9/6
7/5
6/6

2.9/2.0
0.05/0.17

LSD

Adjust Gears in this order

Reset/TS Slider/Final Drive/Gears

Gears

TS slider @ 224

Brakes
ABS-1: 6/4
ABS-0: 6/4

Tuner Notes.
This is the first Test Car. It's designed to be loose on Entry & Tight on Exit.

Let me know if it's too loose, not loose enough or just right on ENTRY

Then tell me if the Exit has too much grip, not enough, or just right.

I'll have the adjustment posted after it gets some feedback. Give it a good number of Laps to get used to it please.

Thanks!!!

Enjoy The Tune.

AssassinTuner
Adjustments to the Test Car are small but HUGE impact on the car. I've recently learned quite a bit in an at times heated discussion on gear tuning techniques. I came out of it ahead of where I was before because I learned an incredible new way to adjust my gear calculations to get better gear spacing then any other technique (IMHO, hope I'm allowed to have one). Just try these out and see for yourself just how good they are.

Reset gears

Set FD to 4.000

Set top speed slider to 217

Adjust gears to

Readjust the FD to 3.937

To make entry less loose

Dampers
6/9
5/7

ARB
6/5

LSD

Brakes
7/3

Keep the rest the same.

Have fun with this 500pp sleeper. Still a Test car, and use it as a Learning tool.

AssassinTuner
Adjustments to the Test Car are small but HUGE impact on the car. I've recently learned quite a bit in an at times heated discussion on gear tuning techniques. I came out of it ahead of where I was before because I learned an incredible new way to adjust my gear calculations to get better gear spacing then any other technique (IMHO, hope I'm allowed to have one). Just try these out and see for yourself just how good they are.

Reset gears

Set FD to 4.000

Set top speed slider to 217

Adjust gears to

Readjust the FD to 3.937

To make entry less loose

Dampers
6/9
5/7

ARB
6/5

LSD

Brakes
7/3

Keep the rest the same.

Have fun with this 500pp sleeper. Still a Test car, and use it as a Learning tool.

UPDATED

New adjustments for the Test Car

Suspension

Ride Height
-17/-4

Camber
2.4/2.2

Toe
-0.07/0.14

Let me know how the adjustments do. Do they improve the Tune, are the changes good?

Thanks for any help with my Tunes.

I have an update for the M3 GTR that will be Posted shortly, been distracted by a new acquisition. a HPI RTR Evo 3.

I'll be doing my next Tune Build around it.

The Body is a Greedy Fairlady Z.

The Chassis is an HPI Evo 3

The Engine was swapped for a Outlaw 18ss

Parts List
Custom gears (swappable)
Performance clutch
Adjustable diff
Adjustable shocks
4 different sway bar sets
Aluminum suspension linkage
Performance exhaust
Performance fuel filter
One piece driveshafts
Performance brakes
Carbon fiber top plate.

It's got the entire catalogue except for aluminum diff casings.

It's been clocked on a Police radar gun at 107klm/h (o_O) This thing is FAST!!!!

The Tune Will be a Fairlady Z I'm looking around for what best fits, suggestions are welcome. It will be an All Out Tune. I'll look for a Z that fits best if nothing fits, I'll just go with the Premium Fairlady @ the Nissan Dealership, hopefully it's aero kit widens it up a bit.

Here she is

656dc20f.jpg

16f6d662.jpg

a06a7d76.jpg

2028070e.jpg

39904312.jpg

8fa1b8d6.jpg

b9205f04.jpg

3da2a63d.jpg

e987afbd.jpg

3121993b.jpg

Boys and there Toys, this is my second Nitro Powered R/C car (had the older model, much older) now all I need is the complete set of Original Transformers from the 80's.

Last edited:
Wait, where's the nitro? Is it the big purple lump? Or that translucent can? And you can just use the Fairlady Z LM Race car, as that is the fastest (controllable) Z in GT5.

Wait, where's the nitro? Is it the big purple lump? Or that translucent can? And you can just use the Fairlady Z LM Race car, as that is the fastest (controllable) Z in GT5.

PURPLE LUMP- Is the engine, 1 cylinder. Nitro is the type of fuel used to power its engine.

@AT- nice RC bud!

zero_speed
PURPLE LUMP- Is the engine, 1 cylinder. Nitro is the type of fuel used to power its engine.

@AT- nice RC bud!

Zero knows his RC cars. Thanks Bro.

The purple chunk is the engine 1 cylinder, the Nitro Gas goes in the clear tank. It's got 2 adjustable gears and an adjustable shift point. AWD with adjustable Differential. Adjustable camber f/r adjustable front toe. Adjustable springs, 3 sets of sway bars different thickness, it's hooked up. Engine swapped out for outlaw .18ss 5200rpm. Full aluminum & carbon fiber suspension swap. One Piece Driveshafts & Performance Exhaust with rear exit.

Clocked on Radar at 107klm/h.

I can swap bodies on it, anything from Lambo's to Impreza Rally Cars. They come clear and need to be painted. I'm content with the Z, might check the shop for what they got.

Last edited:
AssassinTuner
I have an update for the M3 GTR that will be Posted shortly, been distracted by a new acquisition. a HPI RTR Evo 3.

I'll be doing my next Tune Build around it.

The Body is a Greedy Fairlady Z.

The Chassis is an HPI Evo 3

The Engine was swapped for a Outlaw 18ss

Parts List
Custom gears (swappable)
Performance clutch
Adjustable diff
Adjustable shocks
4 different sway bar sets
Aluminum suspension linkage
Performance exhaust
Performance fuel filter
One piece driveshafts
Performance brakes
Carbon fiber top plate.

It's got the entire catalogue except for aluminum diff casings.

It's been clocked on a Police radar gun at 107klm/h (o_O) This thing is FAST!!!!

The Tune Will be a Fairlady Z I'm looking around for what best fits, suggestions are welcome. It will be an All Out Tune. I'll look for a Z that fits best if nothing fits, I'll just go with the Premium Fairlady @ the Nissan Dealership, hopefully it's aero kit widens it up a bit.

Here she is

Boys and there Toys, this is my second Nitro Powered R/C car (had the older model, much older) now all I need is the complete set of Original Transformers from the 80's.

I will never let my collection of transformers go. But I know of a store in Cleveland that has just about all of them. It's called "big fun" they have every GI joe, transformer, star wars toy ever made. Gotta bring yer A game tho... The average transformer sells for about $200. :ouch:.

Loll, I don't get why Transformers are so popular&#8230;I personally prefer little toy cars :D I have two luggage cases full of hotwheels and stuff, had that lot piled in my room since the day I started liking cars&#8230;Don't laugh, but I actually wince when my helper just chucks them in their boxes like junk. I'm weird like that :lol:

I want original Transformers, and certain G.I.Joe's from the Eighties. It's like owning a piece of your Childhood. I was a Kid in the Eighties Transformers & G.I.Joe is where it was at. I like to see them & it kicks in memories.

It's the same with the Nitro R/C. I was into RC cars growing up, I do have a car I race locally however it's expensive, launching out a prepped Gate and a red light on the street are night and day. Things break often. I'm at the point of fixing up my car and taking it easy on it.

I play GT to keep me occupied at something related. The problem is it keeps you inside. I got me this new RC is to get me outside while I get to Tune & race. It's also more locally social.

Thanks SiN that's some good info. 2bills is a lil steep but doable. Need me a complete Megatron.

After work I'm hitting the Hobby Shop for some Nitro & Cones. Found me a good spot to open this puppy up, might pick up some Drift Tires at the same time.

I'm going to try and hook up the accelerometer on my IPhone to get some acceleration and hp stats (lol) should be fun.

Last edited:
AssassinTuner
I want original Transformers, and certain G.I.Joe's from the Eighties. It's like owning a piece of your Childhood. I was a Kid in the Eighties Transformers & G.I.Joe is where it was at. I like to see them & it kicks in memories.

It's the same with the Nitro R/C. I was into RC cars growing up, I do have a car I race locally however it's expensive, launching out a prepped Gate and a red light on the street are night and day. Things break often. I'm at the point of fixing up my car and taking it easy on it.

I play GT to keep me occupied at something related. The problem is it keeps you inside. I got me this new RC is to get me outside while I get to Tune & race. It's also more locally social.

Thanks SiN that's some good info. 2bills is a lil steep but doable. Need me a complete Megatron.

After work I'm hitting the Hobby Shop for some Nitro & Cones. Found me a good spot to open this puppy up, might pick up some Drift Tires at the same time.

I'm going to try and hook up the accelerometer on my IPhone to get some acceleration and hp stats (lol) should be fun.

Last time I was there they had the full megaton (walther p38) optimus ( metal ) galvatron, and all the jets. They also had soundwave (my personal fave, I bought him) and ghetto blaster.

sins1er
Last time I was there they had the full megaton (walther p38) optimus ( metal ) galvatron, and all the jets. They also had soundwave (my personal fave, I bought him) and ghetto blaster.

It's getting "Hot in Cleveland" I might have to give em a call see if they will send something my way, and finally I'll be on the good side of the exchange rate.

Garage Update.
I've settled on the Suspension for the M3, however I finding better peak hp with lower torque (from lower engine tuning). I then get a better power to weight ratio from less weight/more limiting (will switch to lower engine tuning & less limiting when I get another m3) so the Power Mods for 500pp change again, and then are settled, I'll post them up and Publish the M3 completed.

Updates have been slow and delayed, here is why.

RS4 Evo 3 Nitro R/C Car

656dc20f.jpg

Greedy (350Z) Fairlady Twin Turbo

I picked up some Batteries & Nitro R/C Gas. Did an electronics test, & started the engine.

The steering and carburetor are both out of whack, the exhaust manifold came off during the test, the disk brake is not installed (yeah, no brakes, but it's provided) I had to change the receiver (replacement provided) I also need to change the glow plug (replacement provided). With the carb out of whack, I flooded the engine, then I accidentally f-Ed the pull start cord, first Test Over...

So Today I pulled the Engine, removed the Pull Starter & swapped on the provided replacement. Installed the Exhaust Manifold with provided replacement screws & gasket.

I spent a good while adjusting the Camber & Toe to keep her going straight & get maximum cornering grip. I left the High Torque gears in, left the Diff as is & kept the Shift point as is. Once fired up I tuned the Carburetor.

It requires much work to the back end and top plate to install the Brake so I left it out, for the moment, I'll do that install when I get a lil energy, pretty burnt out from a long week. I'm good enough on the controls to get by without it for testing.

Still Original Glow Plug as I need the right socket, mine are all too big.

Here is a quick short Demo Video. No brake so I had to be careful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hI77sVDF14&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I after the video adjusted the Body post to even out the back end a bit, used a spacer I made out of a plastic washer, Prefect Finish.

I'm burnt out, I'll upload a Sub 6 min M3 500pp Nurb Lap Video in a bit. Average time, but such a fresh 'N clean Lap carving up The Green Hell.

Last edited:
K, i searched everywhere and i can NOT find for the world of me FIND a non-drift setup for this car...(no thanks to whoever deleted the "every tune that exists" thread!).

Anyway, I don't know if your taking requests or not, but i have one for ya... usually i tune 99 out of 100 cars myself, but this car has me, so i figured i'd ask the best of the best. Serious potential, but all i can find on here is drift-tunes for it, though idk why? You'd have to be a 'tard to not be able to drift this car, regardless of setup.

I need a grip tune that'll make this car dominate in the 550pp range, which i figure it can/should. No back wing if at all possible, i'd prefer the extra HP.

The Car: efini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91 ... you know, the premium one.

If you'd need/like me to send you one to work on or for payment for the chore, just lemme know. Please and thank you, EarthboundMysfit. 8)

BMW M3 GTR 570-R

This is the Baddest M3, it Bitch Slaps the CSL into the Base M3 as it Passes them both laughing. It's been able to out do my CSL in every aspect. The CSL is GREAT, don't get me wrong, the GTR is just Better.

Packing a potent V8 in place of the Traditional Straight 6, this is the German Muscle car, but a Muscle car that can corner. Don't think for one second that the V8 in place of the I6 makes her a front heavy car or that the balance got overly upset. The V8 and its precision placement actually change the balance from 50/50 to 49/51. This is superb for the Chassis and has only been an improvement.

Ive actually exercised some new techniques with this Build. Ive been taking the recent FF shootout as a learning tool for how others can benefit from my tuning as apposed to only catering to my Driving. I hope they work well for you guys, I haven't had trouble tacking out any CSL Lap record of mine with this Tune, I feel like its going to do the same for many.

Base Car
BMW M3 GTR
Available at: UCD (Repair Engine/Chassis)

GTAuto
Wing: Type-B

Parts

Body/Chassis
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction; Yes
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis Reinforcement: Yes

Engine
Computer: Tuned ECU
Engine Tuning: Stage 3

Intake System
Intake manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing

Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Titanium Racing

Transmission

Fully Customizable Transmission

Drivetrain
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Carbon Drive Shaft: Yes
Differential: Adjustable LSD

Suspension
Fully Customizable Suspension

Tires
RS

SETTINGS

Aerodynamics
0/20

Suspension
-16/2
12.9/9.8
8/7
7/6
5/5

2.4/1.8
0.09/-0.16

Transmission

Short Gears______Max Speed
3.675____________3.225

Top Speed Slider
230mph

ADJUST GEARBOX IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER

RESET / Adjust FD to 3.674 / TS Slider to 230mph / Individual Gears / Adjust the FD to 3.225. Adjust between 3.674 & 3.225 for acceleration/speed according to Track. You can go higher then 3.674 but the gains are negligible while the short comings evident.

LSD
22 (new & improved)

Brakes
ABS-1: 6/4
ABS-0: 6/4
If you use rear biased Brakes, adjust to your preferred settings for your Driving Style.

Here is a Quick Vid of her at Fuji cutting up the corners.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGMoN6Ses5c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Tuner Notes.
While the CSL was one of my Top Dogs in GT4 with the GTR just not sharp enough to keep alongside. The CSL gets passed by the GTR This time around. I'm truly thankful they dialed back on the overly overdone downforce this time around. This GTR is killer.

Enjoy the car.[/Q

Is the rear suspension 2 or 20 my friend ? thanks

Just wanted to send you a quick note ref your Civic Type R (420-R) tune. I used it in the Seasonal Events @ Nurburgring. I used racing softs all around for all 3 laps. The track started out 21% wet. My second lap was 7:08.xx using a hand controller. I bought the car @ the NCD and the starting HP was 408. The car was quite predictable and extremely well balanced all around. An excellent tune amigo!!!
Thanks for posting/sharing.
I'm off to try your M3 GTR tune next.
Cheers.

Wow!!! Just finished the Seasonal Events @ Nurburgring with this animal. Again all three laps on RS & on my final lap I did a 6:43.xx. This was on a mild wet track, one 4 second short cut penalty (it got squirmy on the wet pavement) & the lead AI spun me out (I ended up doing 2 X 360's) once. Again I used the controller and as you have read not a clean lap.
A really well all around balanced tune. I was trowing it around quite a bit and this tune is easy on tire wear!!!
Another excellent tune!!!
Cheers.

Back