Assassin Performance Tuning ** M3 '04 TEST CAR Released **

7748928d.jpg

Assassin Performance Tuning

Welcome to Assassin Performance Tuning or APT, your home for Real Feel Tuning. Our goal is to produce quality products that enhance your GT experience. We have been tuning Gran Turismo cars since the start of this Gran Turismo thing, we here at APT use real world Tuning techniques & we like to try and keep our cars performing as realistically as possible.

This being a video game there are many ways to exploit the limitation of the “physics calculations” and get really fast cars, but they behave unlike any car would IRL and IMO kill the experience I go to GT for. Making it feel more like F-Zero or another arcade racing game. Often these styles will produce incredibly fast one lap wonders. There is absolutely nothing wrong with going for whatever makes the car fastest, we at APT simply go a different route, giving more importance to how the car feels and how realistic it handles. I will include links to some other Garages that I think are on top of their game, making killer cars that get great user response.

fa985f76.jpg

AssassinTuner is the main Tuning Guru at APT, for years he’s been making Gran Turismo Cars carve corners and shred lap times. With the release of GT5, the opening of our GT5 Garage was inevitable. Always refining our Style we take Tuning serious, and try to keep it as real as possible. Our Goal is to make great Tunes designed to push the cars to the limits with no assist. We also want to help people transition from ABS – 1 to True Assist free driving. We don’t use any Assist to tune our cars.

0f1f4672.jpg

APT has recently moved their head office to the BMW Building at The famous Nurburgring Racing Track, using this historic location to fine tune their Products before release. The Nordschleif old Track is only used for having fun with completed Products while the GP/F is the main tuning ground. APT has been known to fly their cars all over the world seeking out the right Track to fine tune their Product before release, so don’t think these cars are one Track wonders, you never know exactly what Track they may have spent time getting refined. Tuning is Top Secrete at APT.

12224287.jpg

IMPORTANT
If you use different techniques that produce fast cars, I only want to hear about realistic, real world methods, this is our Garage where things get done our way, I don’t really care about what exploit works best. I’m not being insulting, I’m just trying to avoid disputes over how tuning is done HERE. We do not need any Suggestions, Tips, or Pointers from other Garages who do things differently; we have our own Style of Tuning.

NOTE
We will not be releasing high volumes of Tunes, as we do tend to obsess over our Products and have limited time. We will accept request as reward for a review, but will do them as time is available.

All Cars will be Linked in Post # 2

Last edited:

Honda Civic Type-R '08

This is the first Tune Published through APT. It’s a fine example of Tuning a car into an exhilarating experience to drive. We originally built this car as an Entry into the GTP Summer FF Shootout. The Shootout was restricted to Sport Soft Tires and 500PP. This version has the restrictions removed and unloads an incredible amount of performance out of a FF 4DooR 4Banger. After upgrading from a Medium Turbo to a High RPM Turbo, getting Racing Slicks and a Wing for stability the only aspect of the Tune that needed addressing was the Gearbox. A few adjustments and we went off to the Nurburgring. The Nurburgring GP/F is where we did most of the Tuning for this car, but today we are going for a run around the Old track, the Historic Track, the Track of separating the Drivers from the Boys. This FF 4DooR will dance on the 7min mark, breaking into 6min if you can keep it together, that shouldn’t be hard as this car handles so well you will keep saying to yourself “I can’t believe this is a FF 4Banger as you carve out another corner.

Here is a Lap of the 420-R carving up Nurburgring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7F5bxueT3o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It's not a perfect lap by any means, but should show the potential of the car/tune.

Available At UCD Honda Stealership, Civic Type-R ’08 Model Cr 28,350

GTAuto
Painted Matte White

Oil Change / Car Wash

Aero Kit
Front: Type-A
Rear: Type-A
Extension: Type-A
Wing: Type-B

250 Miles to break in the Engine, then get a Rebuild Engine/Chassis.

Wheels
Advan RGII

Performance Specs

420-R
HP: 421hp @ 9500rpm
TQ: 253ft-lb @ 7400rpm
Weight: 1051kg

360-S
HP: 363hp @ 8700rpm
TQ: 261ft-lb @ 6900rpm
Weight: 1051kg

Body/Chassis

Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction; Yes
Carbon Hood: Yes
Chassis Reinforcement: Yes

Engine

Computer: Tuned ECU
Engine Tuning: Stage 3

Intake System
Intake manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing

Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Titanium Racing

Turbo
420-R______360-S

High_________Med

Transmission
Fully Customizable Transmission

Drivetrain
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Differential: Adjustable LSD

Suspension
Fully Customizable Suspension

Tires
420-R_____360-S
RR___________SS

SETTINGS

Aerodynamics

420-R_________360-S
0/14______________No Wing

Suspension
-18/-16
8.5/4.9
6/5
5/3
6/5

2.3/0.9
0.06/-0.18

Transmission

420-R_______360-S
3.842________4.370

Top Speed Slider

193mph

ADJUST GEARBOX IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER
Reset/Final Drive/Top Speed Slider/Gears

LSD

Brakes
ABS-1: 6/4
ABS-0: 7/3
If you use rear biased Brakes, adjust to your preferred settings for your Driving Style.

Tuner Comments
Tuning this car was an overall great experience. Its ability has given me new pleasure in driving a once thought of as “Wrong Wheel Drive” platform. The Platform is still not without its limitations, but Tuned right it will surely surpass expectations.

Enjoy!!!

Last edited:
-raVer-
I can´t view this vid because of the music rights 👎

Try the youtube button to add the vid ;)

raVer

Proxi it or bypass it in the player (I used to have to do that with my old pc.) Google "get past youtube copyrights"

If its embeded it won't make a difference. It still won't play.

Your video is not viewable on mobile devices.:( Means I can't watch it.

XDesperado67
Your video is not viewable on mobile devices.:( Means I can't watch it.

I don't know why that is. I did the upload from my lap top, but usually its still viewable on my iphone or android. This one is not.

I'm sorry about any viewing issues. I will redo the upload from one of my phones when I can. I've maxed my data plan on one & I'm pay-as-you-go with the other.

Onboy123
Hiiiii Noobsteer I mean AssassinTuner!!!! :) I'm testing that car now, I'm liking it :)

Nice. :) Glad your liking it. Give the 420-R a run @ Nurb, its great.

Is the vid viewable for you?

Is it viewable to anybody other then me? :(

Last edited:
Onboy123
I'm on phone too,so it doesn't work for me either, I try on my laptop later though...

Cool. Let me know if it works. WTF youTube it says its not viewable because of the uploader (me) but I never set an option like that, and can't find any to change it now.

Ill just redo the upload when I can.

Thanks, have you had a chance to take her for a spin? Its quick, drive it like you stole it.

Will do when I have a chance tomorrow and will probably do a short review on it. The FD2 is my favourite car in the game and I love trying out different tunes for it. 👍

edit: video works fine for me.

Supermelon
Will do when I have a chance tomorrow and will probably do a short review on it. The FD2 is my favourite car in the game and I love trying out different tunes for it. 👍

edit: video works fine for me.

Awesome. Sounds like you have a good feel of the Car. I had no idea it was such a blast, grabbed it by happenstance. I was going to use an ITR for the Shootout but too many of them started poping up. I saw her sitting there looking like a pushover, I grabbed it because something about the Type-R tag spoke to me. Little did I know it was a Wolf in Sheeps clothing.

Did you tune this for Racing Soft and use RS in the video? Description says RR for tires, not sure that is a typo. Tuned for online or offline?

Obsidian-2
Did you tune this for Racing Soft and use RS in the video? Description says RR for tires, not sure that is a typo. Tuned for online or offline?

Whoops, yeah the 420-R in the vid and set up use RS, I'll fix the typo now. Thanks for spotting it. It was originally tuned on SS tires.

I figured I'd do a review on this "420-R" tune since Nordschleife is my favorite track. I'm not the best Nordschleife driver in the world but I'd say I'm decent (GTR Official Record trophy and AMG dry gold, no aids except ABS 1 for both). It's also where I test all my cars.

I did this test with Racing Soft tires in offline practice mode (more on that later).

The first thing I did was run two laps with all upgrades at default settings other than changing top speed for the transmission to 192 (slider 186). No downforce, suspension, or LSD tweaks. My car only had 411 HP at the start of the first lap and 413 at the end of the second, so still a ways off the 421 this tune maxes out at due to mileage.

In this form I found the car very easy to drive, no offs at all, remarkably little understeer.

I then added the downforce, LSD, tranny and suspension tweaks from the tune and went out for another three laps. In this tuned form all three of my laps were faster than my first two laps ... and my best lap was 4.2 seconds better than my best "untuned" lap.

Despite being faster, I found the car to have much more understeer after the tune was applied. I don't like understeer at all, so to me it seemed more difficult to drive after the tune. However, I definitely took more chances and pushed harder on the last three laps than the first two, so perhaps it was me inducing understeer by pushing harder. I also did not have what I would call a perfect lap on any of the three laps because of the understeer.

Despite that, there is no arguing with 4.2 seconds faster after the tune. The car is a sub 7 minute car with these upgrades, tuned or not.

Another observation ... even after three laps there was not much heat in the rear tires at all. I set brake bias using the "ABS 1" settings. For my style I will move bias to the rear to help the understeering car turn in better under braking. That may help a little with heat in the rears too.

As for the Racing Softs and offline ... I think this is the last time I will test a car with the RS tires offline. They just give so much grip in offline mode at this HP level that I don't think it necessarily exposes the flaws in the car and/or tune. In hindsight, I should have tested on SS or RH tires. I think RS online = RH offline as far as grip too, so I rarely use RS in offline mode. I will probably revisit this testing after my car maxes out HP and then do it on the racing hards.

Bottom line, good tune because you can't argue with 4.2 seconds in spite of my sloppy laps. :)

Last edited:
Obsidian-2
I figured I'd do a review on this "420-R" tune since Nordschleife is my favorite track. I'm not the best Nordschleife driver in the world but I'd say I'm decent (GTR Official Record trophy and AMG dry gold, no aids except ABS 1 for both). It's also where I test all my cars.

I did this test with Racing Soft tires in offline practice mode (more on that later).

The first thing I did was run two laps with all upgrades at default settings other than changing top speed for the transmission to 192 (slider 186). No downforce, suspension, or LSD tweaks. My car only had 411 HP at the start of the first lap and 413 at the end of the second, so still a ways off the 421 this tune maxes out at due to mileage.

In this form I found the car very easy to drive, no offs at all, remarkably little understeer.

I then added the downforce, LSD, tranny and suspension tweaks from the tune and went out for another three laps. In this tuned form all three of my laps were faster than my first two laps ... and my best lap was 4.2 seconds better than my best "untuned" lap.

Despite being faster, I found the car to have much more understeer after the tune was applied. I don't like understeer at all, so to me it seemed more difficult to drive after the tune. However, I definitely took more chances and pushed harder on the last three laps than the first two, so perhaps it was me inducing understeer by pushing harder. I also did not have what I would call a perfect lap on any of the three laps because of the understeer.

Despite that, there is no arguing with 4.2 seconds faster after the tune. The car is a sub 7 minute car with these upgrades, tuned or not.

Another observation ... even after three laps there was not much heat in the rear tires at all. I set brake bias using the "ABS 1" settings. For my style I will move bias to the rear to help the understeering car turn in better under braking. That may help a little with heat in the rears too.

As for the Racing Softs and offline ... I think this is the last time I will test a car with the RS tires offline. They just give so much grip in offline mode at this HP level that I don't think it necessarily exposes the flaws in the car and/or tune. In hindsight, I should have tested on SS or RH tires. I think RS online = RH offline as far as grip too, so I rarely use RS in offline mode. I will probably revisit this testing after my car maxes out HP and then do it on the racing hards.

Bottom line, good tune because you can't argue with 4.2 seconds in spite of my sloppy laps. :)

Hey man, thanks for running the Tune, lighten up on the Downforce a bit. I've been playing with it and 14 seems better than 19. Ill update it, that sould ease up on that for you. The added downforce certainly gives understeer, but at a much higher cornering speed resulting in faster laps. In the end it is what it is, a fast FF.

Your right though, 4.2 seconds is allright.

Feel free to make a request.

Last edited:
Tested your tune.

Had some problems with the turn in into corners and the car was slightly unstable over bumps (car had no wing , maybe this causes the unstability).

Also the car wasn´t oil changed and fully broken in (408 hp)

Times on NS:

1st lap 7:00
2nd lap 6:57

Result:

Good Tune but doesn´t really fit my driving style

raVer

-raVer-
Tested your tune.

Had some problems with the turn in into corners and the car was slightly unstable over bumps (car had no wing , maybe this causes the unstability).

Also the car wasn´t oil changed and fully broken in (408 hp)

Times on NS:

1st lap 7:00
2nd lap 6:57

Result:

Good Tune but doesn´t really fit my driving style

raVer

Thanks. Appreciate you checking it out. The wing will surely give you a lil added cornering speed, and much stability, give and take, it come with a touch of oversteer when your pushing her at higher cornering speeds.

Last edited:
Need a hand here.

I'm looking for some specs if possible for a few cars. Really what I need is some weight distribution specs.

The main ones I'm looking for are;

FT-86 Sport
Silvia RM
ITR RM
Evo RM
NSX RM

It would be great to get any specs from these also, after getting all weight reductions.

It also intrest me if the weight reductions (especially the CF hood) change the distribution.

REEMs RX-7
California
SLS
WRX 22b
ZR1 09
Countache Both
MX-5 Premium (08 I think)
M3 CSL
Fairlaidy Z (370z)
Mustang Cobra-R
HKS-CT230
Sport 20/Protege
Enzo
R8 5.2
BTR
CTR
CTR2
RGT
Premium R32/R33/R34/R35
NSX-R

Thank you. I appreciate all the help.

Weight distribution and specs after modification:

FT-86 Sport
51/49
910kg

Silvia RM
56/44
1000kg

ITR RM
61/39
950kg

Evo RM
62/38
1080kg

NSX RM
45/55
1045kg

Yay!!! :D and for some cars on your list, you can't install a cf hood.

REEMs RX-7
WRX 22b
Countache Both
M3 CSL
Mustang Cobra-R
HKS-CT230
Sport 20/Protege
Enzo
BTR
CTR
CTR2
RGT