AssassinTuners HKS CT230R Tuner Shootout Release Tune.

Sounds good to me although having the drivers actively competing against each other could backfire on us.

By the way why don't we take this conversation to the proper thread.:)

Nice review Adrenalin, thanks for running the Tune, but my name is "AssassinTuner" not Noobster. I hope you can understand this. I don't see your eerie similarities. For a guy who's hated so much he sure is talked about often. No bashing members in here please. If you think Im an imposter or an ex member back to get you, call a moderator, if not then cool, I'd like to talk GT with positive people, no room for Hating on anybody, time to move on.

Onboy123 you are right I do drive with a wheel and agree it's much easier to be precise when steering, I'm glad you were able to get some more seat time with the Tune.

I guess he missed it, but there is also a revision of my Evo, in the works ;) keep an eye out, but I will say I'm more focussed on the FF Shootout.

It goes so far beyond what's already been posted. The iphone, the viewing from a mobile device, posts per day, you've already edit'd 2 of your last 3 posts, your signatures are even similar. "Mark of the Assasin" "Product of the System". A harder look, shows you in another sub forum, talking about 'how to set up gears' for the 'C 63'. Another car noob spent a lot of time with. You talk about how your gears are specifically designed around the powerband, systematically set up, which is what noobsters program claimed to do. You didn't(until today) post any lap times, whereas someone this active in a convo about testing, would of at least mentioned where they're at with their tune, especially when they keep mentioning a specific track and you've even gone out of your way to avoid Fuji for the convo, since that was your last benchmark track. You keep mentioning 'hate' for noobster, when I haven't displayed any such emotion towards him in this thread, or any negative feelings. You mentioned how quick I was at Deep Forest, the same that Noob mentioned in another thread, which you couldn't have known from 2 days of being a member. Moreso, you've talked about how you've read so much about different tuning options, but your account was only 3 days old, meaning you've clearly been around the site, before your account was created. The account was, in fact, created within 2 days of noobsters ban. If we were to assume you were a long time 'lurker' before creating your account, no one goes from lurker, to 19 posts per day. Assassintuner, reminds me of noobsters claim to go up against the big names and 'take them out'. You use the term 'back to get you' like for some reason that I should be threatened by noobsters presence? Which is the same arrogance noobster displayed. I haven't bashed him in anyways, my mentally disabled explanation was actually sincere and not meant to be an insult and I think many will agree, is a rather accurate portrayal of what a few of us felt. You capitalize random letters, you still mistake your and you're. You've tried to avoid the conversations we directly had by trying to move the conversation along, but then make sly remarks in regards to it. You've said that so far we've only had 1 tester, by which I can only assume you mean me, which means you're disregarding Onboy, the same way noob did. Praiano has also offered feedback. I'm sure now you'll say that you were talking about Onboy, and excluding me, because I'm biased and you don't want to mix tuners with reviewers, the same way noob did in the Blackbird thread. Eagerness to get other tuners to compete, egging RKM to post and compete in this shootout, to try and claim superiority.

So... As long as you refer to me as Adrenalin, I'll refer to you as noobster.
I don't care who you are, why you're here or whether you agree with the above or not. I too care about talking GT with others. So, as long as you mind your manners and stay cool tempered, there's no reason you and I can't move on, as if noobsters account never existed. New account, new opportunity.

So, with that, let's all move on and end any further discussion of this subject. From here on, keep it to the HKS, testing, tuning and talking.

Buttslaps boys, let's go racing.

In an attempt to both get this thread back on topic and to promote drivers to test the tunes, I'm going to combine all the tunes here for the HKS CT230R.

AssasinTuner
RKM Motorsports
Praiano
Outlaw Motorsports Garage
AdrenaTune
Mad Finn Tuners (Coming Soon?)

This way, anyone who is interested in testing or driving some of the tunes, can easily access all of the ones included so far. Hope to hear your opinions and hopefully get some more people involved.

In an attempt to both get this thread back on topic and to promote drivers to test the tunes, I'm going to combine all the tunes here for the HKS CT230R.

AssasinTuner
RKM Motorsports
Praiano
AdrenaTune

This way, anyone who is interested in testing or driving some of the tunes, can easily access all of the ones included so far. Hope to hear your opinions and hopefully get some more people involved.

👍👍 good stuff

It goes so far beyond what's already been posted. The iphone, the viewing from a mobile device, posts per day, you've already edit'd 2 of your last 3 posts, your signatures are even similar. "Mark of the Assasin" "Product of the System". A harder look, shows you in another sub forum, talking about 'how to set up gears' for the 'C 63'. Another car noob spent a lot of time with. You talk about how your gears are specifically designed around the powerband, systematically set up, which is what noobsters program claimed to do. You didn't(until today) post any lap times, whereas someone this active in a convo about testing, would of at least mentioned where they're at with their tune, especially when they keep mentioning a specific track and you've even gone out of your way to avoid Fuji for the convo, since that was your last benchmark track. You keep mentioning 'hate' for noobster, when I haven't displayed any such emotion towards him in this thread, or any negative feelings. You mentioned how quick I was at Deep Forest, the same that Noob mentioned in another thread, which you couldn't have known from 2 days of being a member. Moreso, you've talked about how you've read so much about different tuning options, but your account was only 3 days old, meaning you've clearly been around the site, before your account was created. The account was, in fact, created within 2 days of noobsters ban. If we were to assume you were a long time 'lurker' before creating your account, no one goes from lurker, to 19 posts per day. Assassintuner, reminds me of noobsters claim to go up against the big names and 'take them out'. You use the term 'back to get you' like for some reason that I should be threatened by noobsters presence? Which is the same arrogance noobster displayed. I haven't bashed him in anyways, my mentally disabled explanation was actually sincere and not meant to be an insult and I think many will agree, is a rather accurate portrayal of what a few of us felt. You capitalize random letters, you still mistake your and you're. You've tried to avoid the conversations we directly had by trying to move the conversation along, but then make sly remarks in regards to it. You've said that so far we've only had 1 tester, by which I can only assume you mean me, which means you're disregarding Onboy, the same way noob did. Praiano has also offered feedback. I'm sure now you'll say that you were talking about Onboy, and excluding me, because I'm biased and you don't want to mix tuners with reviewers, the same way noob did in the Blackbird thread. Eagerness to get other tuners to compete, egging RKM to post and compete in this shootout, to try and claim superiority.

So... As long as you refer to me as Adrenalin, I'll refer to you as noobster.
I don't care who you are, why you're here or whether you agree with the above or not. I too care about talking GT with others. So, as long as you mind your manners and stay cool tempered, there's no reason you and I can't move on, as if noobsters account never existed. New account, new opportunity.

So, with that, let's all move on and end any further discussion of this subject. From here on, keep it to the HKS, testing, tuning and talking.

Buttslaps boys, let's go racing.

In case you forgot, AUP states:

You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack any individual or any group.

Stay on the matter of tuning. Finis.

Apologies accepted.

Wow, and your going to be shocked by my FF entry then. :D I won't reveal too much about it only that it's maximizing it's potential in all aspects, sure to cause some confusion online when it passes unsuspecting victims.
I have a feeling I know ;)

AssasinTuner
RKM Motorsports
Praiano
AdrenaTune

Good idea this. I'll write them down and start giving them a go in the near future.
If it helps, (seems to be some tension in here :lol: ) I don't really know anybody in here, so everybody gets the same from me. ;)

Edit: How is this working, I see different tracks listed, and no specific track listed, are you just looking for feedback, or should I pick a certain course for all of them?

I can give feedback, but can't say which is fastest (possibly best) without running the same track, which is why I ask.

Last edited:
I have a feeling I know ;)

Good idea this. I'll write them down and start giving them a go in the near future.
If it helps, (seems to be some tension in here :lol: ) I don't really know anybody in here, so everybody gets the same from me. ;)

Edit: How is this working, I see different tracks listed, and no specific track listed, are you just looking for feedback, or should I pick a certain course for all of them?

I can give feedback, but can't say which is fastest (possibly best) without running the same track, which is why I ask.

This is more of a subjective test. There is no standard track and each driver runs the tunes and reviews them.

Must say the car is a right 🤬 to tune and drive.:crazy:

How is this working, I see different tracks listed, and no specific track listed, are you just looking for feedback, or should I pick a certain course for all of them?

Pick any track of your choice and test all cars on the same track.

I thought I’d give this a go. I decided to test the tunes at Autumn Ring, a good track for testing the balance of cars in a variety of corners.
Testing done with Manual transmission, ABS:1 everything else off.
HKS CT230R

Default car with stage 3 turbo:
Well what can I say? We all know this one. Understeer, vague feeling whenever we turn the wheel. Tries to kick the tail out if you stomp on the loud pedal in a tight corner, but fails miserably.
Best three laps:
1= 1:10.823
3= 1:10.827
4= 1:10.788

Assasintuner:
Too much understeer, especially on power. Very good punch on corner exits though. The best I could do to adapt was to drive as straight as possible to get on the power early. If you watch V8 Supercars, driving in the style of the HRT drivers(Tander)
Best three laps:
2= 1:10.880
3= 1:11.337
5= 1:11.174

EDIT: Tested with lower Downforce as asked below. A lot less understeer, much better balance. Could go wheel to wheel with Adrenaline's setup for first 1/2 of the lap. I got better times with initial suggestion (19/26) than 18/23.
Best three laps:
2= 1:10.418
3= 1:10.542
6= 1:10.481

Praiano:
Too much understeer again, and a vague feel going into corners. Not very responsive.
Best three laps:
3= 1:11.043
4= 1:10.869
5= 1:11.062

RKM:
Least amount of understeer so far, but has a general lack of front end grip on the way to the apex.
Best three laps:
2= 1:10.341
4= 1:10.486
5= 1:10.405

Adrenatune:
My god! It actually feels like the steering is connected to the car! Mild oversteer in the first half of the corner, followed by mild understeer on exit. My only gripe is the feel of the transition between off to on throttle, in the mid corner, the car snaps from the over to understeer to quickly.
Best three laps:
4= 1:09.954
6= 1:10.076
7= 1:09.918

After driving this, I adjusted Adrenaline’s setup to try to correct the issues I had. I changed:
Toe: Front to -0.03/ Rear to -0.22
Torque distribution to 45/55

I did one lap after this: 1:09.393

XDesperado67:
Good initial steering response, but after this, the understeer begins. Understeer increases significantly when power is applied. Driving style required similar to Assasintuner’s setup.
Best three laps:
3= 1:10.797
5= 1:10.781
8= 1:10.864

Last edited:
I thought I’d give this a go. I decided to test the tunes at Autumn Ring, a good track for testing the balance of cars in a variety of corners.
Testing done with Manual transmission, ABS:1 everything else off.

Interesting results for an interesting track. I'm surprised the default did so well, but out of curiosity, I don't see lap times for the Outlaw tune (XDesperado)?
Either way, great work, glad to see the tune worked at least moderately well for you. Even happier it was easily adapted to fit your style, that's always a good thing.

Thanks for the review.

If it's not too much to ask. My DF was set up for SS tires, please give the Tune another Try but reduce the Downforce for RS tires. 18/23 should be alright. Enjoy!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Has anyone got some times around Tsukuba with their car?? I threw a version of my CT200MR build on my newly acquired CT230R. I tried it out around the Supercar Eifel track yesterday, and threw 8 laps in around Tsukuba this morning. Needs to be tweaked a fair bit to be properly comfortable around here, the Eifel track is obviously quite different.

Once clear of traffic, I consistently put in 0:55.5xx laps. The car is stock, other than an oil change and I put SS tyres on it. I'm sure I can match the real life car's time with superduper slicks on. Not sure I can find another two seconds on SS tyres though... :crazy:

{Cy}

Using SSR5

Round 1:

Stock*: 1:18.576 - Dropped downforce to 20/30, BB 5/7
Hit the rev limiter in the straight, Will adjust top speed section to match track for next run.
Not horrible, but easy to drive, a balance of understeer in the slow and fast turns.

Adrenaline: 1:18.459 - Snappy, gets good traction once straight, a little oversteery for high speed entrys, which I find critical, but high potential, for both crashes and fast laps.
Gears to short, will lengthen for track.

Outlaw: 1:19.534 - Understeer killed it, gears to short, will lengthen for track. With longer gears the understeer may smooth out.

Praiano: 1:18.202 - Fast, a little see-saw action which can be hard to time, oversteer at high speeds on entry. :scared:

RKM: 1:18.909 - Balanced, easy to drive, might do better yet.

Assasin: 1:19.064 - Will run faster when downforce changed as requested, and the reason I'm changing gearing for each car next round.

None of the gear sets fit the track, but especially Assasin's, I noticed he specified adjusting gears for track length, and though it would be most fair to adjust all for length a bit.

If it's not too much to ask. My DF was set up for SS tires, please give the Tune another Try but reduce the Downforce for RS tires. 18/23 should be alright. Enjoy!

Thanks!
When I run them all again, I'll put up the two fastest (for 3 total) for each out of 5 total times, 2nd and 3rd from this run, and the top 2 from the next run.

My biggest finding at this point is for this track, on these tires, 50/50 drivetrain is not optimal.
Not sure where the sweet spot is, but the 30/70 off stock feels real nice.

Has anyone got some times around Tsukuba with their car??

I did, but only for a very short 5 lap run, just to see how it handled tight corners, with low banking. That way, between GVS, Deep Forest, TGTT and this track, I should of had everything covered. In the 5 laps my best was a 50.8xx but I guarantee it's capable of more than this.

I did, but only for a very short 5 lap run, just to see how it handled tight corners, with low banking. That way, between GVS, Deep Forest, TGTT and this track, I should of had everything covered. In the 5 laps my best was a 50.8xx but I guarantee it's capable of more than this.

Ta, I did spot after I'd posted that you'd listed a time under your build. Did you run that on Super Sicks (typo intended)??

I obviously need to work a bit harder at this track. Super Sicks, at best, only grant me another 3-4 secs a lap. Can't see me making up 5 :indiff:

{Cy}

Was wondering if one of the test drivers who has some time, and isn't concerned about checking the UCD every 5 races, would run a series of tests on the Supercar Eifel race.
Probably need at least 2 races per tune to familiarize with car and then set low times, in traffic, and on clean laps.

Interested in this as this is the track I tuned the car on.:)

Which tune are you using? Or are you tuning one of your own?

My own, for the minute. I initially though I was being clever by having a rear biased split on torque and stronger LSD settings up front. I gave up after a while and set the rear to be stronger. I've subsequently seen the RKM setup, maybe I wasn't barking up the wrong tree. My build works ok on the Eifel track, not so well at Tsukuba though. Real problems bringing it up going into tight corners, and can't hold the left hander after the Dunlop bridge :grumpy:

Was wondering if one of the test drivers who has some time, and isn't concerned about checking the UCD every 5 races, would run a series of tests on the Supercar Eifel race.
Probably need at least 2 races per tune to familiarize with car and then set low times, in traffic, and on clean laps.

Interested in this as this is the track I tuned the car on.:)

I'll give it a grind for you. I tested my build here, put in 125 laps there myself in my car over the weekend. Can't promise how soon it'll be, but I'll get back as soon as I can. For reference, my stock car, on SS tyres, was able to run low 1:10s (think I tipped into the 1:09s once or twice) with a good draft on the start/finish straight...

{Cy}

I'll give it a grind for you. I tested my build here, put in 125 laps there myself in my car over the weekend. Can't promise how soon it'll be, but I'll get back as soon as I can. For reference, my stock car, on SS tyres, was able to run low 1:10s (think I tipped into the 1:09s once or twice) with a good draft on the start/finish straight...

{Cy}
For reference on RS tires I was running mid 1:09s on first lap, high 1:07s to low 1:08s on second lap. Last 3 clean laps were low 1:07s with a few high 1:06s. Was generally in the 5:39-5:41 range for the race.

I like how the first couple laps make you take less than optimal lines because of the traffic and then the last 3 laps are like a free run where you can try and hit that perfect line.:sly:

CyKosis1973
Has anyone got some times around Tsukuba with their car?? I threw a version of my CT200MR build on my newly acquired CT230R. I tried it out around the Supercar Eifel track yesterday, and threw 8 laps in around Tsukuba this morning. Needs to be tweaked a fair bit to be properly comfortable around here, the Eifel track is obviously quite different.

Once clear of traffic, I consistently put in 0:55.5xx laps. The car is stock, other than an oil change and I put SS tyres on it. I'm sure I can match the real life car's time with superduper slicks on. Not sure I can find another two seconds on SS tyres though... :crazy:

{Cy}

Hi Ive got a tune fir this car and was only .2 off the real life time on SS.

For reference on RS tires I was running mid 1:09s on first lap, high 1:07s to low 1:08s on second lap. Last 3 clean laps were low 1:07s with a few high 1:06s. Was generally in the 5:39-5:41 range for the race.

I like how the first couple laps make you take less than optimal lines because of the traffic and then the last 3 laps are like a free run where you can try and hit that perfect line.:sly:

Ta. I put in some of my better times working my way through traffic. Depending on what cars where racing and where you meet them on the track, it can be a chuckle.

{Cy}

If I recall correctly, you used SRF and then ended up deleting your tune from the thread anyways...

No, i did use it to see what time i could do. I did a 51.2xx with SRF on. Without any aids i did a 53.8 i think. Ive tested my tune against 1 here and it didnt come close. Well i could only find 1 tune for the CTR. I might provide the tune again. When i posted the tune no one responded even after being begged to provide it.

If i remember correctly ( BETTER CHECK THAT LOL ) i wasnt that far off your time and you were using RS

Back