Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,310 comments
@Peter Boese: in Pure, the 'fog shape' setting of -1 isn't sufficient to stop distant mountains getting shrouded in a very unrealistic (and very ugly) duck-egg light blue fog at certain times of day.
Below is Mt Fuji (from the RT Fuji track) at 3pm mid-June, which ends up looking like a big glowing glacier.
Can the negative fog shape setting be decreased way beyond -1, or can we disable the fog altogether for these situations?
I've noticed this same effect on quite a few tracks with distant mountains, and it always ruins the overall aesthetic.
Nothing else I've tried seems to solve it.
Thanks.

View attachment 1357324
turn down the humidity offset there

turn down the humidity offset there
Thanks, but I already tried that and it had no effect.
Why can't the fog shape be decreased more, or even turned off?
This 'blue mountain' problem seemed to be much more controllable in Sol simply by adjusting ta_fog_distance %... but Pure doesn't seem to have an equivalent adjustment with as much control?

1716379709731.jpeg

Has anybody got any idea about what these logos are? I'm on the research but no results and there's no pics with quality enough to distinguish anything that helps me to do it on my own.

Attachments

• RESEARCH.png
    RESEARCH.png
    250.7 KB · Views: 3
1995-2003-2005
View attachment 1357136
First Look AMG Mercedes-Benz C-Class DTM 2005
Hi,

i really appriciate your works. The sheer amount of car´s you`re creating is great and i like the car selection. However i barely use your works and it´s really a pitty.
My problem, let me call it a problem, is - you release as good as always a random car out of a random racing era or series. This car mostly do not fit together with "other production´s" for example to create a championship/series. So there is always just a morsel of a cake, not the whole cake.
Similar like some official Studios within other sims releasing mostly inclomplete series (understandably due licensing issue´s).
So it´s clear - for all your releases i wished you would make opponent´s cars some day to compete with. Like the DTM Mercedes, which just need the corresponding Audi´s...BWM´s Opel`s ....

Please DO NOT take this post as a offense or complain. Take it more like a question!

I ask myself the question every time you publish a car. I had finally to ask.

hi Teddie , you can swap the driver just with an ext_config.ini in the car's extension folder, or in a particular skin folder...

add something like this in ext_config.ini file:

[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
ACTIVE=1
NAME=driver_no_helmet_cuir
POSITION=0.0,0.0,0.0

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

you can choose what driver , and which parts to hide in First Person cockpit view.

:cheers:
Thanks jac0. Didn't seem to work for this car in particular. Would you be able to take a look if I send you the link to the car?

Hi,

i really appriciate your works. The sheer amount of car´s you`re creating is great and i like the car selection. However i barely use your works and it´s really a pitty.
My problem, let me call it a problem, is - you release as good as always a random car out of a random racing era or series. This car mostly do not fit together with "other production´s" for example to create a championship/series. So there is always just a morsel of a cake, not the whole cake.
Similar like some official Studios within other sims releasing mostly inclomplete series (understandably due licensing issue´s).
So it´s clear - for all your releases i wished you would make opponent´s cars some day to compete with. Like the DTM Mercedes, which just need the corresponding Audi´s...BWM´s Opel`s ....

Please DO NOT take this post as a offense or complain. Take it more like a question!

I ask myself the question every time you publish a car. I had finally to ask.
Hard to port the other cars when they don't exist / are from very, very old games though.

Thanks, but I already tried that and it had no effect.
Why can't the fog shape be decreased more, or even turned off?
This 'blue mountain' problem seemed to be much more controllable in Sol simply by adjusting ta_fog_distance %... but Pure doesn't seem to have an equivalent adjustment with as much control?

View attachment 1357350
Sorry. I meant the SMOG sliders. Set them really low and you got now fog effect in the distance

Also Pure just uses the SOL entries too.
But it would use the [PURE] entries with higher priority

Last edited:
Sorry. I meant the SMOG sliders. Set them really low and you got now fog effect in the distance

Also Pure just uses the SOL entries too.
But it would use the [PURE] entries with higher priority
Thanks, SMOG was also the culprit along with FOG_SHAPE.
I was sure I'd tried SMOG before but maybe I just changed morning SMOG when the time was the afternoon, so saw no change.
I pretty much have to have FOG_SHAPE and SMOG all on zero to stop the mountains turning light blue depending on the time of day. This means 100% air clarity off into infinity with no fading with distance whatsoever, which looks a little unnatural.
Is there no way to have the fading that SMOG and FOG provide but with a more natural darkening of distant objects, no matter where the sun is? I've never seen things in the distance turn a glowing light blue like in my images above. It'd be nice to keep the fading, but with a more natural and neutral desaturated hue. Not light blue.
Possible?

Last edited:

Thanks, SMOG was also the culprit along with FOG_SHAPE.
I was sure I'd tried SMOG before but maybe I just changed morning SMOG when the time was the afternoon, so saw no change.
I pretty much have to have FOG_SHAPE and SMOG all on zero to stop the mountains turning light blue depending on the time of day. This means 100% air clarity off into infinity with no fading with distance whatsoever, which looks a little unnatural.
Is there no way to have the fading that SMOG and FOG provide but with a more natural darkening of distant objects, no matter where the sun is? I've never seen things in the distance turn a glowing light blue like in my images above. It'd be nice to keep the fading, but with a more natural and neutral desaturated hue. Not light blue.
Possible?
Its just all about the simple fog engine AC/CSP provides. But i think with LCS and its new fog engine i will be able to tweak and code it much better.

copy your steamApps-ac folder, documents-ac folder, and appdata-local-AcTools Content Manager (if you use CM) over to your new machine with a external HD. I believe if you copy all that over to the new machine and boot up AC, it should pick up where it left off. You can either redownload CM on the new machine, or also copy over that with the rest mentioned above. Someone can correct me if I forgot a folder or two to copy over.

Last time I need to do that, I think I ended up just cloning the whole drive (as bootable) onto an nvme drive plugged into the old machine externally, then physically installed that disk into the new machine and just "picked up" where I left off with my whole computer, AC included. Depending on your current PC that may or may not be what you want to do or an option
The Office Thank You GIF

Install the base AC from steam first on the new PC then copy across the folders mentioned by Batmans butler ;)(@alfredwayne )
I have my AC all backed up on a portable drive after having my old laptop die a horrible smokey death and did it that way when I got a new laptop, lost nothing other than new files I had added since the backup was created.
my steam folder is installed on a seperate SSD into a folder named game. It includes all steam games I have plus CM installed there, so only backup needed to make is the one games folder, plus the assettocorsa folder in documents.

CM also stores data in C:\Users\insert your username here\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager
d&d thank you GIF by Hyper RPG

Guys, question. I've searched everywhere, possibly it's my phrasing, but....

Is it possible to over-ride a section of a car's "car.ini" file by adding and editing an "ext_config.ini" into the car's "extension" folder?

I would normally just edit the car.ini file, but I'm running into an issue with another car where I edit the car's car.ini file, change the data.acd filename to data.acd.bak so it reads from the data folder. But with this car I get the "Failed to decrypt" error when starting a race with it.

-- not related to the driver issue that jac0 is going to help me with.

Has anybody got any idea about what these logos are? I'm on the research but no results and there's no pics with quality enough to distinguish anything that helps me to do it on my own.
Looks like this is one of them :)

Edit: also the name in bold on top of the logo seems to say "JOE TWYMAN", as seen in some helmets

Attachments

• image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 5
  • dal0518ju147.jpg
    dal0518ju147.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 5
  • dep0820ap24.jpg
    dep0820ap24.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 5
  • image22.jpg
    image22.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Just to warm your hearts about the safety of your backups, my external hd just died.
I feel like ALL the dead bugs on my car, at once
View attachment 1357415

So...I'm not re-downloading everything. What's the quickest way to back up my less-than-900GBs-AssettoCorsa-folder in a single click to save all the mods?
When you say died, it's "non-responding", it's "testify dead" or it's "smash to pieces dead" ?

I ask, because a lot of people tend to mix those a bit too early. I have saved quite a few ext/in HD for friends in the past because of that. The chance of recovery is not great, but it doesn't mean it's none if the disk is intact.

When you say died, it's "non-responding", it's "testify dead" or it's "smash to pieces dead" ?

I ask, because a lot of people tend to mix those a bit too early. I have saved quite a few ext/in HD for friends in the past because of that. The chance of recovery is not great, but it doesn't mean it's none if the disk is intact.
Hd shows only 1/10 of backup, DMDE shows almost nothing else there, just 250MBs of junk, no errors.

Is it possible to over-ride a section of a car's "car.ini" file by adding and editing an "ext_config.ini" into the car's "extension" folder?

I would normally just edit the car.ini file, but I'm running into an issue with another car where I edit the car's car.ini file, change the data.acd filename to data.acd.bak so it reads from the data folder. But with this car I get the "Failed to decrypt" error when starting a race with it.

We had the same question some time ago. After some testing, the result was, that you can't change a .ini from data.acd via the "ext_config.ini", that is related to the performance of the car (e.g. car.ini, tyres.ini, brakes.ini, drivetrain.ini, engine.ini). In car.ini is the weight of the car and if you could change this via the "ext_config.ini", you could use this for cheating in online races as only the data.acd is checked. But you can change things, that are only related to the graphics of the car like driver3d.ini. For these ini-files you can create a folder called 'data_override' in the 'extension' folder and make a copy of the ini-files you want to change. So you can use the original data.acd for online racing and fix problems with the graphics.

If you get the "Failed to decrypt" error, the data.acd of the car is encrypted. You can check this, by opening the ini-files in the unpacked "data" folder with the txt-editor. If the text in the ini-files is nonsense, the data.acd is encrypted.

Last edited:
We had the same question some time ago. After some testing, the result was, that you can't change a .ini from data.acd via the "ext_config.ini", that is related to the performance of the car (e.g. car.ini, tyres.ini, brakes.ini, drivetrain.ini, engine.ini). In car.ini is the weight of the car and if you could change this via the "ext_config.ini", you could use this for cheating in online races as only the data.acd is checked. But you can change things, that are only related to the graphics of the car like driver3d.ini. For these ini-files you can create a folder called 'data_override' in the 'extension' folder and make a copy of the ini-files you want to change. So you can use the original data.acd for online racing and fix problems with the graphics.

If you get the "Failed to decrypt" error, the data.acd of the car is encrypted. You can check this, by opening the ini-files in the unpacked "data" folder with the txt-editor. If the text in the ini-files is nonsense, the data.acd is encrypted.
Thank you Frank. Yeah, that's the other weird thing. The data.acd unpacks fine and the files are totally normal. Not bite-code garbage. Thanks for the info, man. You gave me an idea though that I might mess around with for shytes and goggles.

It's possible, you can check the VRC LMH, there are some change in the physics in the ext_config

Yes! Yours is exactly what I was referring to, I just couldn't find the name. Only thing is I couldn't get it to work with the latest Simhub, but it seems like since they changed to version 9 quite a few overlays don't work
Yeah, unfortunately I haven't had a look at it for a few months. The timing should still work, but I haven't had a good chance to do a race with a working leaderboard - so something I might have to look into when I get the time

shi
Autodromo Cabo Negro v1.01

The circuit is located in Chile.
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-24 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by Por Mauricio "MrOblongo" Herve
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI, sidelines and ai_hints.ini by @G_Parrilla
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
"Car Tires | Game Asset | Agustin Honnun" (https://skfb.ly/6TBOq) by Agustín Hönnun is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @macko68 , @Breathe , @Masscot

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

-New AI, sidelines and ai_hints.ini by @G_Parrilla . (Thanks!)

Autodromo Cabo Negro v1.01
The link is in the quote.

v1.01 changelog;
-New AI, sidelines and ai_hints.ini by @G_Parrilla . (Thanks!)

Im getting a new PC soon, is there a way to move AC from my old PC to my new one with all the mods included ?

I would also add, if you have used the compression tool within CM, when you transfer the car and track data to the new drive, it will be uncompressed and a larger piece of data than it is currently.

Make sure you have space. I ended up having to move mine in batches.

Mercedes Benz C-Class 2005 DTM
first testing
Is there any information about the car anywhere?

View attachment 1357579View attachment 1357580View attachment 1357581View attachment 1357582View attachment 1357583
  • Chassis: Tubular grid frame with steel roof and sides; other body parts such as doors, hood, fenders and rear cover made from CFK; integrated driver safety cell and defined front, rear and lateral crash structures and must be FIA/DMSB approval safety cage
  • Length: 4,872 mm (192 in)
  • Width: 1,845 mm (73 in)
  • Height: 1,255 mm (49 in)
  • Weight: 1,050 kg (2,315 lb) with driver
  • Wheelbase: 2,795 mm (110 in)
  • Engine: Custom-built Mercedes-Benz V8, 90 degrees, 2xDOHC, 9000 rpm rev-limit, 4-valves per cylinder
  • Displacement: 4,000 cc (4.0 L; 244.1 cu in)
  • Exhaust systems: Remus three-way catalytic converter
  • Aerodynamics: Aerodynamic modifications to front apron and side panels, flat underfloor, rear diffusor, standardized double-profile rear aerofoil
  • Dampers: Bilstein
  • Springs: H&R
  • Fuel: Aral Ultimate 102 RON super-unleaded
  • Fuel capacity: 14.3 imp gal (65 L; 17 US gal)
  • Injector: Fuel injection
  • Oil: Mobil 1 (2007-2010), Petronas Syntium (2011) dry sump
  • Pistons: Mahle
  • Radiator fluid: Würth
  • Brake fluid: Würth
  • Aspiration: Naturally-aspirated
  • Power output: 476 hp (355 kW; 483 PS)
  • Torque: Over 490 N·m (360 ft·lbf)
  • Tyres: Dunlop SP Sport Maxx (2007-2010), Hankook Ventus (2011), front: 265/660-R18, rear: 280/660-R18
  • Steering: Rack-and-pinion steering with power assistance
  • Brakes: AP Racing standardized carbon brake system without ABS
  • Drivetrain: Rear-wheel drive
  • Intake air restrictors: Diameter of 2 x 28 mm (1.1 in)
  • Safety equipment: Sabelt badged as BOSS seatbelt 6-point, rear view mirror, HANS device, helmet, headsock, race suit, NOMEX firesuit, racing gloves, racing socks, racing boots
  • Transmission/Gearbox: Carbon-fiber cardan shaft 3-disc carbon-fiber clutch supplied by Sandtler (2000-2006), mechanically operated via a foot-operated pedal, standardized Xtrac 6-speed manual transmission with sequential gearshift, transaxle configuration with mechanical differential lock Rear-wheel drive without acceleration skid control
  • Wheel suspension: Double wishbones with spring/damper units on the front and rear axles, actuated via pushrods
  • Wheel rims: ATS aluminium wheels with a diameter of 18 inches and a width of 11 inches on the front axle / 12 inches on the rear axle; standardized tires with a diameter of 660 mm on front and rear axles
  • ECU: Bosch Motronic MS 2.9
  • Spark plugs: Bosch
  • Battery: Bosch 12 volts
  • Display instrumentation: Bosch DDU 4 Monochrome LCD Motorsport Display with mounted dash
  • Steering wheel: Mercedes-Benz steering wheel with 4 buttons
  • Traction control: No
  • Ignition: Bosch CDI
  • Car wiring harness: Bosch

Mercedes Benz C-Class 2005 DTM
first testing
Is there any information about the car anywhere?

View attachment 1357579View attachment 1357580View attachment 1357581View attachment 1357582View attachment 1357583
"The AMG-Mercedes C-Class DTM cars are built on a custom-made multi-tubular spaceframe chassis stiffened by steel roof and side panels, doors, bonnet, wings and tail panels are in ultra-lightweight moulded carbon-composite materials. The design features an integrated driver safety cell and advanced impact absorbing front, rear and lateral structures. The DTM designs have built a reputation for the use of sophisticated aerodynamic aids, and this 2005 Mercedes is no exception with flamboyant shapes on the front apron, side panels, underfloor and rear diffuser that are mated to the standardized double-profile rear aerofoil.
The AMG-Mercedes DTM regulation engine is a 4-litre 90-degree V8 with 4 valves per cylinder producing 475bhp at 7,500rpm (alt: 480PS @7000 rpm) in spite of the regulation air intake restrictors. Transmission is via a carbon-fibre Cardan shaft, three-disc carbon clutch, six-speed sequential change gearbox, and a limited-slip differential with no traction control.
The suspension is double wishbone with coilspring/damper units actuated via pushrods front and rear. There are carbon brakes without ABS within 18 inch diameter wheels, 11 inches wide at the front and 12 inches at the rear with power steering. The car weight was 1060kg.

Four AMG Mercedes-Benz C Class cars ran in the 2005 DTM Championship and won eight of the eleven qualifying races to take the Manufacturer’s Championship, Driver’s Championship and Team’s Championship. Gary Paffett became champion with 5 victories from the 8 rounds."

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back