Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,112 comments
Can't count the times I tried new car mods lately where the windows are set to non transparent (how can you miss that, unless when using follow or other outside cams ?
It seems a lot of car modders make cars purely for photographs, or for arcade-style chase-cam gameplay like weaving through traffic, or just to be the first out of the gate with that particular car.
It's obvious that some cars get released without the modder even sitting in the cockpit... or they do, and just don't care how broken things are in there.

Simplygon , - 3 days

pend.jpg

I love the VRC 1997 Ferrari F310B, but visually, the driver’s helmet model is set so low in the car, that their eyes are below the top of the cockpit.

Does anyone know what is the easiest way to raise it?

TVR_Tuscan_S.jpg

Allright guys (I don't think I've ever seen a girl here ;) ) @Peugeot905 blessed us with permission to share the TVR Tuscan S.

Quick disclaimer: I only worked on the interior. Maybe a little touch here and there on the outside, but 95% of this "update" is about the cockpit. I did not work on sounds/physics. Due to my changes the lods, allthough still working, gave an error message. So I deleted those. Probably check ACTK-website in a couple days if you really need those. This update is an "update" from my perspective and I'm not perfect. So make a backup of your car in case you want to revert back. Last thing, the car really is a handfull to drive.

One more before/after photo so you can decide if it's worth it to download. They are aligned so you can quickly go back forth between them to check the differences:

Before.jpg
Before
After.jpg
After

LINK:

@jac0 This car desperately needs more chameleon skins ;)

Last edited:
I love the VRC 1997 Ferrari F310B, but visually, the driver’s helmet model is set so low in the car, that their eyes are below the top of the cockpit.

Does anyone know what is the easiest way to raise it?
Yes, in CM, click the movable driver button, then click 'T' on keyboard, and use the tool to alter the angle, height, size of the driver model

Last edited:
I have one question guys about the multiple Interlagos:

The ACU Interlagos is a Reiza conversion no?
And THe one that Pyyer use with the new pit exit and entry is a reiza conversion as well? Never managed to find a true answer

View attachment 1340989

Allright guys (I don't think I've ever seen a girl here ;) ) @Peugeot905 blessed us with permission to share the TVR Tuscan S.

Quick disclaimer: I only worked on the interior. Maybe a little touch here and there on the outside, but 95% of this "update" is about the cockpit. I did not work on sounds/physics. Due to my changes the lods, allthough still working, gave an error message. So I deleted those. Probably check ACTK-website in a couple days if you really need those. This update is an "update" from my perspective and I'm not perfect. So make a backup of your car in case you want to revert back. Last thing, the car really is a handfull to drive.

One more before/after photo so you can decide if it's worth it to download. They are aligned so you can quickly go back forth between them to check the differences:

View attachment 1340988
Before
View attachment 1340987
After

LINK:

Certainly an improvement and worth downloading, thanks 👍

What is your experience with 3D modelling ? It's gonna be necessary. Topology, decimation, those things in particular. After that, it's the same as LOD A, so might be useful to know the how-to mod a whole car.

You can Mp if you need help

What is your experience with 3D modelling ? It's gonna be necessary. Topology, decimation, those things in particular. After that, it's the same as LOD A, so might be useful to know the how-to mod a whole car.

You can Mp if you need help
Hi, thanks your your help. My experience is close to zero, so guess I´ll have to learn and experiment as I go :lol:

Would you happen to know where this button is, as I can't find it in CM.
showroom, and click on 'carparams' button

check box for moveable driver

then click T on keyboard, and the little symbol gyro thingy will come up

make sure the driver model is viewable in the showroom, is sitting in the car

Last edited:
View attachment 1340989

View attachment 1340988
Before
View attachment 1340987
After

LINK:

What the hell is that??

1711654253819.png

HUNGARORING 1988 UPDATE
v2.2
-new 4 sec. faster AI

SUZUKA 1988 UPDATE
v2.31
-added DRS zones

Thank you Rainmaker87

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like driving the F1 cars, VRC or RSS cars. Open cockpit cars in VR really gives me a feeling of being somewhere.
Let me ask you or anyone else, does anyone get motion sickness or just me? I played Half Life Alyx and almost died LOL havent touched the VR since but I really want to try it with AC. I still get car sick, I have to be driving. I used to get sick on the school bus every day, I just didn't know what the hell was going on because I was in elementary school.

Let me ask you or anyone else, does anyone get motion sickness or just me? I played Half Life Alyx and almost died LOL havent touched the VR since but I really want to try it with AC. I still get car sick, I have to be driving. I used to get sick on the school bus every day, I just didn't know what the hell was going on because I was in elementary school.
Main reason (though not the only one) I don't use VR and stick to my triple screen setup

From a few years ago. Might be useful?

Lock to horizon setting works for most people

Everytime I've tried VR prior to trying it on my own sim setup, I did feel queasy after a while. After I borrowed a friend's Rift S on my own setup, I actually had no issue and have been using it since, and changed to a HP Reverb G2 now. . I play AC/DR2.0 in VR, also Microsoft Flight Simulator, Project Wingman..etc

There are definitely some settings I tweaked, in DR2.0 especially, I think I need to make sure I set it so that the camera is moving in unison with the car instead having any kind of induced motion(I think I actually don't run with lock to horizon for that reason).

Only time I get nausea with VR is when I am trying to move in game, but my body is not physically moving - generally need to teleport to not get sick. Phasmaphobia is a good example without teleport.

With driving, I am seated and it mimics enough of the driving mechanic that I do not get nausea at all. I can drive for 2 hours easily in VR. I prefer driving games in VR now.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back