• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,120 comments
might be easier to use CSP and reduce the LOD on many things

examples:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = ? ; eveything
MESHES = ; use meshes as well
LOD_OUT = 800 ; limits all things to 800m, anything farther than 800m from you will not render until you are that close

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = TREE?, shader:ksTree
LOD_OUT = 500 ; limit all trees to 500m

another example is if there are many small things let say in the pit area, if you only see them when close to the pits, limit them to 100m or so.

Using 3dsimed to look at the map and choose things, copy the name etc is easier than using Object Inspector

hope this helps
Well I took a more bizarre approach. I saved a copy of the original .kn5 to a safe place and then simply deleted all the objects mainly trees and pines very far away from the track (world_ext objects). I was careful not to interfere with other objects or meshes around the track merged with the nearest trees, grandstands, cranes, etc. That did it, I had 115/120 fps with 24 cars when in past days was struggling with 55/60 or less and lots of micro stuttering. Also I limited some LODs in CSP, that helped too.

Anyways, I have yet to see some other ways to do it. Thank you for all your advice.

Ferrari 296 GTB 2022 Pack by Jerry Wei

Free download.

View attachment 1341161
And here is a fix for the super bright LEDs on the steering wheel.
Just insert the fat values instead of the original values in the following section of the ext_config.ini

[CustomEmissiveMulti]
Meshes = GEO_STEER_HR_SUB6
Resolution = 512,512
Intensity=1
@ = MultiItem, Role = LIGHT, Start = "0, 0", Size = "512, 512" , Color = "3, 3, 3",Lag=0.2,
@ = MultiItem, Role = DashWarningTC, Start = "93, 157", Size = "41, 44" , Color = "4, 2, 0",Lag=0.2, Intensity=10
@ = MultiItem, Role = DashWarningTC, Start = "53, 248", Size = "32, 30" , Color = "0, 4, 0", InputInverse = 1, Lag=0.2, Intensity=10

Last edited:
Allright guys (I don't think I've ever seen a girl here ;) )
Pink Omg GIF

@carTOON Thanks for yet another great track! It looks fantastic, it's unique, and it's an absolute blast. I just had to go into surfaces.ini and reduce the dirt_additive for the road to 0.2 to see where I was going... :D

For anyone who wants it, here's RainFX for it. Just drop this ext_config.ini into the extension folder.

1711683100795.png

Attachments

• camel_vertigo_rainfx.zip
    360 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited:
I've never found that to be an issue. Maybe it depends on the HMD, or BMI.
Who knows, not a particularly big person over here but also not terribly fit. But the same issue seems to be the same for my friend who's in better shape than I am using PSVR2.

Hi, I'd have two questions
Anyone tryed the Maserati MCxtrema by Ex-mods? Is it a good mod or is it a waste of money?
Is there a Ferrari SF90XX ? I only found a private one

Another brilliant reboot team release. & now imo Assetto Corsa has 3 great versions of Fuji Speedway each representing an era in the tracks history (Fuji 68, the Virtua_LM Fuji 1993, and now this). Brilliant job and thank you for the best present :P
This time, I wanted to use this course to create a layout for the drift contest, and I wanted to get permission from the person who created it.

Let me ask you or anyone else, does anyone get motion sickness or just me? I played Half Life Alyx and almost died LOL havent touched the VR since but I really want to try it with AC. I still get car sick, I have to be driving. I used to get sick on the school bus every day, I just didn't know what the hell was going on because I was in elementary school.
I too got ill at first ... you really gotta ease into it , and start slowly with for example just 10 minute sessions w alot of time in between (you need to get your 'VR legs' as they say).
I definitely recommend starting with the lock to horizon option, and refrain from tracks that have too much elevation changes or banks (eg no 30's Golden Age Sitges by Sergio Loro or Eiger Nordwand).

Also very important that you keep a steady fps !! (any drops in fps - stutters or whatnot will make you sick)
So that is why best to put to 72HZ for example and have it smooth, rather then 90Hz but have the occasional drop in frames.
Also , always keep ASW turned off !
and I also put on FOV limiter (I use 0.75; 0.6) , to gain a lot of headroom to always guarantee a steady frame rate

1711698426076.png

So what this does is render only .75% horizontal image , and 60% vertically, giving your GPU less work and you the added immersion of seemingly having a helmet on! (win-win :lol: )
this for the Quest (3) ... but I guess other headsets have similar options and would benefit equally

But once you are there (having the VR legs and you have a good setup), it is absolute bliss and no way you will ever want to go pancake again!
(all the people that stick to their triples gave up early and are missing out big time... plain and simple ;))
Nah , seriously , I can totally understand if some ppl just can't or don't want to go through that initial phase of getting some motion sickness ... but I personnally am glad I endured it!
talking about nausia , looking at this GIF for over 2 seconds gives me more motion sickness then driving for an hour in VR on Everest for example :)

Last edited:
<snip>
Allright guys (I don't think I've ever seen a girl here ;) )

<snip>
hmmm... we sure have females amongst our mids, for example saffie hellie ...
but I didn't see her posts here anymore and when I type @Saf .... there's nothing so I guess she left and took out her account (?)
@jac0 This car desperately needs more chameleon skins ;)
I'm working on some ... will share them when finished

New Cam for Reims 1950s

Download Track ( by @RMi_wood )

Download Cam
Screenshot_j8_subaru_typer_ver4_97_rmi_reims1950_16-2-124-14-43-46.jpg

AI Sidelines and New Cam for Ice Arena - Gran Turismo remake

Download Track ( by Mr.Matrix )

Download AI Sidelines and New Cam
Screenshot_pb_toyota_mr2_95_ice_ring_29-2-124-17-29-11.jpg

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Happy Easter!

And finally another release of one of my tracks. This time we go to Peru and we will drive through the most scariest tunnel in AC!

La Herradura 1967 RELEASED

This 3D-track was made for rFactor by Cranck. It was converted by Rainmaker to Assetto Corsa. Thanks for permission.

Features:

-competitive AI
-working track map
-support for hot lap mode
-replay cameras by DaBaeda
-support for time attack mode
-20 pit boxes with working pit lane
-RainFX, GrassFX, water shader
-night lights
-vao patch
-added option to removed 2d crowds: open the ext_config.ini in the extension folder scroll down to last ";remove 2d crowds" and set ACTIVE = 1

Known issues:

-turn on the lights if the darkness in the tunnel scares you
-thin hairline beside the track in first sector because of wrong texture mapping
-to avoid a road mesh bug the tunnel walls are not exact
-some wide cars can't do the tunnel especially if they try to go in two rows, use small cars like Formula Junior or the Estonia-3 by zizh

Download here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/101286095

bgr00.jpg

bgr01.jpg

bgr06.jpg

I noticed that in my trash has recently landed tons of steering wheel settings .ini. CM does the .ini file deletes every time when changing the vehicle?

@carTOON Thanks for yet another great track! It looks fantastic, it's unique, and it's an absolute blast. I just had to go into surfaces.ini and reduce the dirt_additive for the road to 0.2 to see where I was going... :D

For anyone who wants it, here's RainFX for it. Just drop this ext_config.ini into the extension folder.

View attachment 1341231
With the trabant through the desert! That is hard!Thanks for the rain!

London ePrix Season8 v1.0

Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_s1_london_eprix_s8_29-2-124-20-15-42.jpg

The Formula E London ePrix was held with two back to back races at ExCel, in July 2021 with part of the circuit running around the arena and part of the circuit in the exhibition hall itself. Before the 2022 London ePrix, the circuit length was decreased to 2.141 km (1.330 mi) by removing the two hairpins at turns 10 and 11 and replacing them with a bus stop chicane. (Wikipedia)
Conversion from rFactor2.

-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Original Track by Garitt Gibsn and Errol Prefet
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Leo_J and Denver Thurston.

Hmmm, I've noticed that the AI now try to drive themselves out of gravel traps and grass now, whenever the track is clear to do so. They definitely didn't do up until very recently(last few weeks). this is probably directly related to the issues with them rejoining races after teleporting back to the pits and staying out forever during practice/qualy - as they definitely never did this previously either.

In all cases I've had the option in CM to allow them to rejoin after teleporting unticked.

Last edited:
Hey there, does anyone know why the ai knocks themselves out in the braking, a car close to another in the braking zone (T1 Bahrain or at the end of the long COTA straight) is often just "missing" the braking point, bumping in the other cars rear knocking them out??

Hmmm, I've noticed that the AI now try to drive themselves out of gravel traps and grass now, whenever the track is clear to do so. They definitely didn't do up until very recently(last few weeks). this is probably directly related to the issues with them rejoining races after teleporting back to the pits and staying out forever during practice/qualy - as they definitely never did this previously either.

In all cases I've had the option in CM to allow them to rejoin after teleporting unticked.
If you found the function that make that possible if will e a game changer for AI race

I’ve just discovered that this free 1992(really 2002) update of rt_Suzuka exists, that features a restored 130R corner profile, gravelled-over tarmac runoffs and 1990s version of the final Casio Chicane as well as period pit buildings and other things.
Sadly, no AI files were ever created for it, and as such, no bespoke replay cameras can be created either.

I can create the cameras no problem, but I need a good set of AI lines before I can do that.
Is anyone who’s proficient in making fast & clean AI files willing to take up the challenge?

:cheers:
:gtplanet:

Link on GTSupreme’s Patreon post.

Direct track link:

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back