Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,097 comments
I’ve just discovered that this free 1992(really 2002) update of rt_Suzuka exists, that features a restored 130R corner profile, gravelled-over tarmac runoffs and 1990s version of the final Casio Chicane as well as period pit buildings and other things.
Sadly, no AI files were ever created for it, and as such, no bespoke replay cameras can be created either.

I can create the cameras no problem, but I need a good set of AI lines before I can do that.
Is anyone who’s proficient in making fast & clean AI files willing to take up the challenge?

Link on GTSupreme’s Patreon post.

Direct track link:
In fact this is the perfect way to do to have some historical version of tracks, for Suzuka, of course we can't do the dunlop redrawing but from early 90 we could do the track, same with the last curb

If i don't get a reply from someone with download links to this mod...then im going to be upset.
Not the Apache from your screenshot, but most likely from something like this pack: https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/assetto-corsa-airforce.45026/

They are models which you can animate to fly around your track using CSP.

I'm not aware of an actual flying helicopter/plane that you can control existing for AC except for this one: https://overtake.gg/downloads/test-plane.14299/

Not the Apache from your screenshot, but most likely from something like this pack: https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/assetto-corsa-airforce.45026/

I'm not aware of an actual flying helicopter/plane that you can control existing for AC except for this one: https://overtake.gg/downloads/test-plane.14299/
What i wanted is the one shown in the screenshot posted by someone in the Shutoko Revival Project Discord server.

I could post the link to the message, provided if you already joined the server...

Last edited:
@Alguecool for your next next project, here some idea... 😶‍🌫️

1711718867726.png
1711718878907.png

Only about 5 000 others cars to go... :lol:
:lol:Well.., you're not far from the truth. For the past 4 months I've done my entire library and it was a fulltime job. My goal: only keeping the Top 1000 cars. I started in November and went through it from Abarth to Zenvo, and this is the last car in my list.
Some were unfixable (at least 50%), some needed major overhauls to stay, some needed minor fixes (even some kunos cars), and a select few were already perfect (mostly later RSS mods).
Even with all the fixing-effort I put into it, and I promise it was brutal, "only" 977 cars made the cut so far. Each and everyone of those cars is meticulously inspected and don't have errors (anymore) that I'm bothered with. I enjoyed doing it though, for the most part, I'm not a masochist. :D

Happy Easter!

And finally another release of one of my tracks. This time we go to Peru and we will drive through the most scariest tunnel in AC!

La Herradura 1967 RELEASED

This 3D-track was made for rFactor by Cranck. It was converted by Rainmaker to Assetto Corsa. Thanks for permission.

Features:

-competitive AI
-working track map
-support for hot lap mode
-replay cameras by DaBaeda
-support for time attack mode
-20 pit boxes with working pit lane
-RainFX, GrassFX, water shader
-night lights
-vao patch
-added option to removed 2d crowds: open the ext_config.ini in the extension folder scroll down to last ";remove 2d crowds" and set ACTIVE = 1

Known issues:

-turn on the lights if the darkness in the tunnel scares you
-thin hairline beside the track in first sector because of wrong texture mapping
-to avoid a road mesh bug the tunnel walls are not exact
-some wide cars can't do the tunnel especially if they try to go in two rows, use small cars like Formula Junior or the Estonia-3 by zizh

Download here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/101286095

View attachment 1341294
View attachment 1341295
View attachment 1341296

Neat track, though some buildings are floating once you exit the super narrow death tunnel:

Screenshot_sf_honda_crx_del_sol_la_herradura1967_29-2-124-16-18-30.jpg

:lol:Well.., you're not far from the truth. For the past 4 months I've done my entire library and it was a fulltime job. My goal: only keeping the Top 1000 cars. I started in November and went through it from Abarth to Zenvo, and this is the last car in my list.
Some were unfixable (at least 50%), some needed major overhauls to stay, some needed minor fixes (even some kunos cars), and a select few were already perfect (mostly later RSS mods).
Even with all the fixing-effort I put into it, and I promise it was brutal, "only" 977 cars made the cut so far. Each and everyone of those cars is meticulously inspected and don't have errors (anymore) that I'm bothered with. I enjoyed doing it though, for the most part, I'm not a masochist. :D
I understand you, I have more hours on blender than on AC for this reason 😂

If i don't get a reply from someone with download links to this mod...then im going to be upset.

there is for sure the Airwolf mod by Takeyoh which is flyable ( )

and I would call this flying, but you can control it :
(no link though)

I know we have some techie experts here so i'm hoping someone might have some thoughts\ideas.

The one thing that is keeping me from updating my CSP version is a quirky little problem that I can't resolve. After some time in a race, I get these odd performance dips where the frame rate doesn't drop, but the animation stutters temporarily. Seems to happen most often in slow speed sharp turns and\or with multiple cars in the scene. It does not happen with older versions of CSP so I imagine it's some new option in CM\CSP but there's so many options to go through that I don't know where to begin.

I use the same presets no matter what CSP version i'm using so it can't be something I always have enabled. It has to be something new that's been added that is enabled by default that wasn't available on older CSP versions. Would anyone have any ideas of what I could check?

I know we have some techie experts here so i'm hoping someone might have some thoughts\ideas.

The one thing that is keeping me from updating my CSP version is a quirky little problem that I can't resolve. After some time in a race, I get these odd performance dips where the frame rate doesn't drop, but the animation stutters temporarily. Seems to happen most often in slow speed sharp turns and\or with multiple cars in the scene. It does not happen with older versions of CSP so I imagine it's some new option in CM\CSP but there's so many options to go through that I don't know where to begin.

I use the same presets no matter what CSP version i'm using so it can't be something I always have enabled. It has to be something new that's been added that is enabled by default that wasn't available on older CSP versions. Would anyone have any ideas of what I could check?
You should backup your CSP settings, delete them and recreate your settings.
This has fixed several issues with me over the past... give it a try.

'Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension'

You should backup your CSP settings, delete them and recreate your settings.
This has fixed several issues with me over the past... give it a try.

'Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension'
Yeah, I thought of that option, but the thought of doing that doesn't excite me. There's so many options that i'd have to go through that took me years to setup that i'm not even sure i'd remember all the changes I made. But it does look like that might be the route I end up having to take to try and resolve this issue.

Calder Park Raceway, Melbourne.
Free download

View attachment 1341409

If anyone is in touch with this Brodie chap, some cones to delineate the different routes would be nice.
And AI needs a lot of work.
And hot lap starts are too close to the timing gate.
Here's a fix to thin out/antialias the overhead cables.

there is for sure the Airwolf mod by Takeyoh which is flyable ( )

and I would call this flying, but you can control it :
(no link though)

Well yeah its rare to have flyable vehicles in a racing sim, let alone helis. The AH-64 shown in the screenshot is one of those that im looking for, but hard to find, let alone Google searching.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back