Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,269 comments
Right, I think there's some confusion here.

From my understanding, you only need to hold shift when making new AI to Bake the sidelines into the AI file once, when making new AI with AI Helper. NOT when loading up the track every time. Once the process is done once, that's it - you can load it as normal.

That's how I remember LilSki describing how the AI Helper app worked years ago in a few threads I read.

Thus, it's good practice to do this, only under the assumption that the AI maker did NOT fold the sidelines into the AI line. For newer tracks, it's largely needless.

Last edited:
Based on that, I'm thinking, a good practice for me personally is to do the [shift] thing on any track I race on at least once. That sound right?

Also, so if the sidelines have a newer filedate than the fast_lane.ai, would pressing [shift] still be needed, or will it auto sync it because of the date diff?
AFIAK, sidelines have never synced without SHIFT on loading

Sometime in 2023, Neil Shaw posted the workings of a new St Petersburg track that I was quite excited about. Looked like it was quite ambitious compared to what we had and he was modelling the surrounding area from scratch.

I was checking to see if I could find any progress and it looks like not only is that not the case, but the link is gone from Breathe's spreadsheet. In fact, it looks like Neil deleted his accounts everywhere :(

I guess this one is dead in the water

Screenshot_urd_formulalights_road_vn_st_petersburg_18-3-124-14-57-33.jpg

I think it's the one I have and it's really good! If I remember correctly it had a huge "hole" at T1 but someone posted here a new .kn5 file (I don't remember who exactly that was) which fixed that issue. Unfortunately I can not check right now cause my PC is not working.
Sad if he has really deleted his accounts...

X90

From my understanding, you only need to hold shift when making new AI to Bake the sidelines into the AI file once, when making new AI with AI Helper. NOT when loading up the track every time. Once the process is done once, that's it - you can load it as normal.

That's how I remember LilSki describing how the AI Helper app worked years ago in a few threads I read.

Thus, it's good practice to do this, only under the assumption that the AI maker did NOT fold the sidelines into the AI line. For newer tracks, it's largely needless.

AFIAK, sidelines have never synced without SHIFT on loading
Dang, I was hoping this would fix Long Beach (FN) problem with the AI on the last hairpin. I can see it doing something different when doing the SHIFT stuff, but unfortunately Rainmaker's new sidelines for Long Beach (FN) didn't fix the issue. Bummed out.

X90

yes, once only

Which car did not work for you in Long Beach? I tested it with the cars that driving in real life there. No problem.

For me that holding shift key thing does not work anymore since preview 173 of CSP. When I need to load the side line I simply open and save one of a side line files. The date of the side line is newer then the fast lane and it will be loaded.

In the meanwhile you found out it was necessary to start (or activate ignition) to bring the screen alive, but I wanted to add that the non CSP version doesn't require that action. The display works without action when starting the game.
Fana, that's the one I'm using. The non-CSP version. Not sure why the display is not working on mine. I'm going to try again tonight and see if it was a fluke.
Which car did not work for you in Long Beach? I tested it with the cars that driving in real life there. No problem.

For me that holding shift key thing does not work anymore since preview 173 of CSP. When I need to load the side line I simply open and save one of a side line files. The date of the side line is newer then the fast lane and it will be loaded.
Rainmaker, good to see you, man. Hey, so the cars I'm using are Indy cars. The ones that ran the 2008 (or 2009?) season with Long Beach as one of the tracks. Using the iDT 2008 Champ Cars. If you want me to send you them to check, lemme know. I'm not sure they are readily available nowadays. Thanks much, brother.

Hi All a modding question, did not seem to be able to find the answer.... how do we do brake lights that also act as the tail lights, if I call up the same object as both brake light and light in lights.ini, then it would be used as tail light only and not turning on as brake light. Do I need two objects for the two function? If so, the objects will be over lapped and the resulting light does not show up correctly due to the over lap of the models. Thanks for any help in advance.

Hi All a modding question, did not seem to be able to find the answer.... how do we do brake lights that also act as the tail lights, if I call up the same object as both brake light and light in lights.ini, then it would be used as tail light only and not turning on as brake light. Do I need two objects for the two function? If so, the objects will be over lapped and the resulting light does not show up correctly due to the over lap of the models. Thanks for any help

With FALLBACK_HEADLIGHTS_COLOR and FALLBACK_BRAKES_COLOR, you can bind a single mesh to act as turning signal, brakes light and parking (rear) light. Or, with FALLBACK_BRAKES_COLOR and FALLBACK_BRAKES_COLOR_HIGHER, you can set a mesh to act as reverse light, but once brake pedal is pressed, reverse light would turn red.

Source: https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Cars-–-Emissive-objects

Hi All a modding question, did not seem to be able to find the answer.... how do we do brake lights that also act as the tail lights, if I call up the same object as both brake light and light in lights.ini, then it would be used as tail light only and not turning on as brake light. Do I need two objects for the two function? If so, the objects will be over lapped and the resulting light does not show up correctly due to the over lap of the models. Thanks for any help in advance.
There are two ways to simultaneously assign the brake light and tail light function to a mesh. If you choose to assign it via lights.ini, you will need to use the following script.

[BRAKE_N]
NAME= name of the mesh
COLOR= brake light color
OFF_COLOR= tail light color

If you want to assign them via ext_config.ini, you will need to enter these two scripts instead

[LIGHT_BRAKE_N]

AFFECTS_TRACK=1
BOUND_EMISSIVE_MAX=500
BOUND_EXP=1
COLOR=3, 0, 0, 1.5
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION=0.88
DIRECTION=0, 0, -1
EXTERIOR_ONLY=1
FADE_AT=120
FADE_SMOOTH=30
INTERIOR_ONLY=0
MIRROR=0.655593
MIRROR_DIRECTION=0
POSITION=0, 0.35, -2.1
RANGE=3
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0.25
SINGLE_FREQUENCY=0
SPECULAR_MULT=1
SPOT=155
SPOT_EDGE=0.12, 0.12, 0.12
SPOT_EDGE_SHARPNESS=10
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.4

[EMISSIVE_BRAKE_...]
NAME= name of the mesh
COLOR= brake lights color
FALLBACK_HEADLIGHTS_COLOR = tail lights color
LAG=0.8
CAST_LIGHT=1
AFFECTS_TRACK=1

Modify the values of the LIGHT_BRAKE_N script in order to obtain a realistic result based on the car to which you have applied it.

PS: change N with the correct number for the script (0 if it is the first one). Obviously the tail light color or brake light color must be specified in RGB in the lights.ini. If you choose to include the scripts in the ext_config.ini you can also use the intensity factor as the fourth value. Standard RGB value also works

Example:

lights.ini --> 200,0,0

ext_config.ini --> 200,0,0,10 (the last value - 10 - is the intensity) or 200,0,0

With FALLBACK_HEADLIGHTS_COLOR and FALLBACK_BRAKES_COLOR, you can bind a single mesh to act as turning signal, brakes light and parking (rear) light. Or, with FALLBACK_BRAKES_COLOR and FALLBACK_BRAKES_COLOR_HIGHER, you can set a mesh to act as reverse light, but once brake pedal is pressed, reverse light would turn red.

Source: https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Cars-–-Emissive-objects

There are two ways to simultaneously assign the brake light and tail light function to a mesh. If you choose to assign it via lights.ini, you will need to use the following script.

[BRAKE_N]
NAME= name of the mesh
COLOR= brake light color
OFF_COLOR= tail light color

If you want to assign them via ext_config.ini, you will need to enter these two scripts instead

[LIGHT_BRAKE_N]

AFFECTS_TRACK=1
BOUND_EMISSIVE_MAX=500
BOUND_EXP=1
COLOR=3, 0, 0, 1.5
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION=0.88
DIRECTION=0, 0, -1
EXTERIOR_ONLY=1
FADE_AT=120
FADE_SMOOTH=30
INTERIOR_ONLY=0
MIRROR=0.655593
MIRROR_DIRECTION=0
POSITION=0, 0.35, -2.1
RANGE=3
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET=0.25
SINGLE_FREQUENCY=0
SPECULAR_MULT=1
SPOT=155
SPOT_EDGE=0.12, 0.12, 0.12
SPOT_EDGE_SHARPNESS=10
SPOT_SHARPNESS=0.4

[EMISSIVE_BRAKE_...]
NAME= name of the mesh
COLOR= brake lights color
FALLBACK_HEADLIGHTS_COLOR = tail lights color
LAG=0.8
CAST_LIGHT=1
AFFECTS_TRACK=1

Modify the values of the LIGHT_BRAKE_N script in order to obtain a realistic result based on the car to which you have applied it.

PS: change N with the correct number for the script (0 if it is the first one). Obviously the tail light color or brake light color must be specified in RGB in the lights.ini. If you choose to include the scripts in the ext_config.ini you can also use the intensity factor as the fourth value. Standard RGB value also works

Example:

lights.ini --> 200,0,0

ext_config.ini --> 200,0,0,10 (the last value - 10 - is the intensity) or 200,0,0
Worked! Thanks very much!

Release from Aussie Big Banger and ATCC 1960 To 1985 Assetto Corsa

New Release 18/04/24
Ford Lotus Cortina Mk2 (Road Version)
Big Thank you to Bruce smart and Andrew Watts for this amazing part of Motoring history.

1713477901382.jpeg
1713477919311.jpeg

1713477946199.jpeg
1713477965436.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Release 18/04/24
Ford Cortina Mk2 440 (4 door)
Road Version
We have a new section in our download Pinned Post where we will release road versions that Bruce has made for us.
Lots of cars that raced at Bathurst basically are road going cars that were bought on Wednesday and raced on Sunday.
Thank you, Bruce for all your Hard work, and dedication.

1713478057156.jpeg
1713478069825.jpeg

1713478097173.jpeg
1713478115043.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Release 18/01/24
Ford Cortina Mk2 240 (1600 Model) 1969-1970
Group E and Road Version
Big Thank to Bruce Smart for all his work, Andrew watts and Brett for the Amazing Racing Skins for Bathurst 1969 and 1970.
Custom Drivers included from Bruce

1713478169340.jpeg
1713478182621.jpeg

1713478209416.jpeg
1713478231291.jpeg

New Release 18/04/24
Ford Cortina Mk2 1300 (220 Model) 1968
Group E and Road Version
Big Thank you to Bruce smart for all his amazing work and to Andrew Watts and Brett for the Skins.
New Car to Assetto Corsa
Also included are two driver files from Bruce

1713478281398.jpeg
1713478300516.jpeg

Updated Release 18/04/2024
Ford Falcon XB Group C 1974 - 1978
All Cars that raced at Bathurst and a Few ATCC Cars Also
Car Model Updated By Bruce Smart
Skins By Bruce, Chris and Brett
Please Delete Original File

1713478358507.jpeg
1713478368422.jpeg

1713478388726.jpeg
1713478400806.jpeg

1713478417589.jpeg
1713478433283.jpeg

Hi, is the Mirage GR7 not available yet?
t will be included in the next pack, along with the new version of the Ligier JS2 (I slightly adjusted the model's dimensions).

I need to finish making the 1975 "BoP" (which has the latest version of the Ligier JS2 and the Mirage GR8).

The Mirage M9 and M10 (will have to be left for another pack), along with the modified/adapted versions on the Porsche 935 by Legion (3d GTR2 models) which would be the 1978 and 1979 versions).

t will be included in the next pack, along with the new version of the Ligier JS2 (I slightly adjusted the model's dimensions).

I need to finish making the 1975 "BoP" (which has the latest version of the Ligier JS2 and the Mirage GR8).

The Mirage M9 and M10 (will have to be left for another pack), along with the modified/adapted versions on the Porsche 935 by Legion (3d GTR2 models) which would be the 1978 and 1979 versions).
MrLonguinha17,

I love what you're doing and am peaked with extreme interest every time I see one of your posts. Is there somewhere where we can download some of your work? The collections you are working on are right down my alley as far as the type of grids that I love to set up in custom championships. Can you fill me in on how I can find your works/packs? Thank you!

Sorry for asking, is there a long wait? I'd like to try them and use them in a custom championship

See your PM, just in case
Hi !

Most of the skins are done for the CSP version (which I don’t use because I don’t care to push some keys to start the car for example) and sometimes modders put some files in the extension folder.
These additional or modified files put the mess on the non CSP dashboard version.

Now and it’s has been a long time I do like this, I don’t put the extension files brought with the skin.

I got a right "Peugeot" dashboard and It works fine.

Cheers. ;-)

Release from Aussie Big Banger and ATCC 1960 To 1985 Assetto Corsa

New Release 18/04/24
Ford Lotus Cortina Mk2 (Road Version)
Big Thank you to Bruce smart and Andrew Watts for this amazing part of Motoring history.

View attachment 1347936View attachment 1347937
View attachment 1347938View attachment 1347939
New Release 18/04/24
Ford Cortina Mk2 440 (4 door)
Road Version
We have a new section in our download Pinned Post where we will release road versions that Bruce has made for us.
Lots of cars that raced at Bathurst basically are road going cars that were bought on Wednesday and raced on Sunday.
Thank you, Bruce for all your Hard work, and dedication.

View attachment 1347940View attachment 1347941
View attachment 1347942View attachment 1347943

New Release 18/01/24
Ford Cortina Mk2 240 (1600 Model) 1969-1970
Group E and Road Version
Big Thank to Bruce Smart for all his work, Andrew watts and Brett for the Amazing Racing Skins for Bathurst 1969 and 1970.
Custom Drivers included from Bruce

View attachment 1347944View attachment 1347945
View attachment 1347946View attachment 1347947

New Release 18/04/24
Ford Cortina Mk2 1300 (220 Model) 1968
Group E and Road Version
Big Thank you to Bruce smart for all his amazing work and to Andrew Watts and Brett for the Skins.
New Car to Assetto Corsa
Also included are two driver files from Bruce

View attachment 1347948View attachment 1347949

Updated Release 18/04/2024
Ford Falcon XB Group C 1974 - 1978
All Cars that raced at Bathurst and a Few ATCC Cars Also
Car Model Updated By Bruce Smart
Skins By Bruce, Chris and Brett
Please Delete Original File

View attachment 1347950View attachment 1347951
View attachment 1347952View attachment 1347953
View attachment 1347954View attachment 1347955
Oh man! As an owner of a 1600E it's an awesome surprise to see the MK2 Cortinas, thanks for sharing the links :)

Sometime in 2023, Neil Shaw posted the workings of a new St Petersburg track that I was quite excited about. Looked like it was quite ambitious compared to what we had and he was modelling the surrounding area from scratch.

I was checking to see if I could find any progress and it looks like not only is that not the case, but the link is gone from Breathe's spreadsheet. In fact, it looks like Neil deleted his accounts everywhere :(

I guess this one is dead in the water

View attachment 1347879
Link updated

maybe someone is able to improve this little track a bit more?
3D Grass etc.?

Cape Town ePrix v1.0
Screenshot_bmw_z4_gt3_cape_town_eprix_19-3-124-20-5-40.jpg

Cape Town Street Circuit was a 2.921 km (1.815 mi) street circuit laid out on the city streets of Cape Town, South Africa. It hosted the Cape Town ePrix from 2023 Formula E season. (Wikipedia)
Conversion from rFactor2.

-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Known issues;
Lap counts are not done when entering the pit. (Pit location issue)

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Original Track by Garitt Gibsn and Errol Prefet
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Leo_J.

Last edited:
Fana, that's the one I'm using. The non-CSP version. Not sure why the display is not working on mine. I'm going to try again tonight and see if it was a fluke.

Rainmaker, good to see you, man. Hey, so the cars I'm using are Indy cars. The ones that ran the 2008 (or 2009?) season with Long Beach as one of the tracks. Using the iDT 2008 Champ Cars. If you want me to send you them to check, lemme know. I'm not sure they are readily available nowadays. Thanks much, brother.
OK Teddie I checked the 2008 SDD Indys and indeed they can't do the hairpin. But that can't be fixed with a new track line it'S about the cars.

-----

Small update for todays Release Friday:

UPDATE Daimler Teststrecke

v2.4
-3 sec. faster AI by IMEAN
-fixed Tree FX error message

Last edited:
Hi, I have an problem to launch a career : it appears that a track is missing, but it is in my folder, and working in outside the career mode.

Do you have any idea how I can solve it ? (track : rt_zolder

The in-game capture is on the Zolder racetrack on raceday mode
Capture d'écran 2024-04-19 143103.png
Capture d'écran 2024-04-19 143132.png
Capture d'écran 2024-04-19 143339.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back