Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,801 comments
Hi everyone.

One question regarding to the latest version of the ''rt_zolder'' (1.2): is there a fix for the grass on top of the white line after the curb?
Mesh: sandbrb001
Material: sandverge
Other than that, everything is PERFECT! I really like this track, it's only this tiny piece of grass which has been bothering me since release :banghead:
try adding "sandbrb001" to OCCLUDING_MESHES and/or "sandverge" OCCLUDING_MATERIALS in [GRASS_FX] section of ext_config.ini

[GRASS_FX]
OCCLUDING_MESHES = ....... , sandbrb001
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS= ....... , sandverge

When i download a skin i pack it in a zip folder.

If it's a real skin for example i pack it in this way

[RSS GT-M Lanzo V10 EVO2] 2024 - DTM - Engstler Motorsport v1.0 by Creativehighway

if the skins is a fictional or a concept in this way

[URD JT5 Shiro 2022] CONCEPT - Pennzoil Concept v1.1 by Thejqka

Then i'll save it in an external HDD in this way to be more clear

RSS -> GT-M -> RSS GT-M Lanzo V10 EVO2 -> __skin

it took me over 10 years to collect/update/delete skins that i don't use, but i have my whole archive of anything i need in an external HDD
Good to see that I'm not the only one who stores all mods in an ocd way. 🤣
Try the one that @xezez pointed to above. It's a gamechanger for me.
I like it very much as well, it adds life and sense of speed in vr. But it gives me motion sickness if I use it for a while, so I use it only for quick sessions.

Lock to horizon is really the only way I can play for many hours, but it's kind of lifeless compared to having a little head/camera motion.

Good to see that I'm not the only one who stores all mods in an ocd way. 🤣

I like it very much as well, it adds life and sense of speed in vr. But it gives me motion sickness if I use it for a while, so I use it only for quick sessions.

Lock to horizon is really the only way I can play for many hours, but it's kind of lifeless compared to having a little head/camera motion.
If you persist you'll probably find that you get used to it over time.

Hi everyone.

One question regarding to the latest version of the ''rt_zolder'' (1.2): is there a fix for the grass on top of the white line after the curb?
Mesh: sandbrb001
Material: sandverge
Other than that, everything is PERFECT! I really like this track, it's only this tiny piece of grass which has been bothering me since release :banghead:
You can try that option, not tested in all circumstances, but could work, add at the end of ext_config this code:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = sandverge
CAST_SHADOWS = 0
IS_TRANSPARENT = 0
DEPTH_MODE = DEPTH_NOWRITE

• Avoid tracks with lots of sharp bents, like hill climbs. Especially high speed left/right curves.
  • Measure your pupil distance and use this to adjust your HS. I did use a linear measuring ruler for my eye pupils and the HS lenses position.
  • My goal in every VR game is to keep the 90FPS straight, it’s not only the high FPS but also no fluctuations, so maybe it’s decreasing some settings.
  • Do not use reprojecting or whatever mode that divides the 90FPS and the rest will be calculated. Beter to reduce your settings.
  • Avoid the interfering of sunlight in your mancave, you HS could without knowing drifting from position.
  • This sounds stupid but if your mancave is hot, use a ventilator.

These are just my experience in fighting motion sickness.
edit: if you ideal FPS is 80FPS then use 80, in my WMR-HS, I have only 60 & 90. On which 60 is much to low at fast moving VR games like race and combat flysims, it feels unpleasant.

Last edited:
Please do share the link, I'd be interested to try this.
I just coppied it from my csp save tab. Not many changes now i look but it does feel better imho https://acstuff.ru/s/Tif6cp

Certainly would like to try! And I'm sure other VR users are also ever interrested in trying to better the immersion even further...
(esp. with things that don't cost an arm and a leg)
So please do share here your settings once you dialed them in... Much appreciated!
Try this https://acstuff.ru/s/Tif6cp

• Avoid tracks with lots of sharp bents, like hill climbs. Especially high speed left/right curves.
  • Measure your pupil distance and use this to adjust your HS. I did use a linear measuring ruler for my eye pupils and the HS lenses.
  • My goal in every VR game is to keep the 90FPS straight, it’s not only the high FPS but also no fluctuations, so maybe it’s decreasing some settings.
  • Do not use reprojecting or whatever mode that divides the 90FPS and the rest will be calculated. Beter to reduce your settings.
  • Avoid the interfering of sunlight in your mancave.
  • This sounds stupid but if your mancave is hot, use a ventilator.

These are just my experience in fighting motion sickness.
i only tried VR simracinga few times, the one rule i discovered was: turn your head, not your eyes

Since this is the AC PC Mods general discussion thread and I see people ask for similar help in this thread on a regularly basis. I even helped them find apps, cars or tracks here in the past.

I did not see the harm in asking here.

Secondly I don't appreciate your snide comment in regards to my post.
If you do eventually find it, please do share!

ACTV Competizione has that feature from Racedepartment

Here is a screen from it the page

https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/actv-competizione.35499/

1714583197500.png

Last edited:
I just coppied it from my csp save tab. Not many changes now i look but it does feel better imho https://acstuff.ru/s/Tif6cp

Thanks for this, but I'm not sure it has worked as intended.
Perhaps changes to custom scripts can't be shared like 'normal' NeckFX CSP implementation settings can be?
I clicked your link and selected 'apply and save', and your '... Steve Hayward' is saved as a selectable preset, but it seems like the normal CSP implementation needs to be used, not the custom script. When I selected it there was none of the 'ac-head-physics' feeling, but with more fore/aft movement, which was what I was expecting. In fact, there seemed to be none of the mid-distance stabilisation at all.
Something's obviously not right.
Maybe @jac0 had more luck?

Maybe edited custom scripts can only be shared in the same way that the 'ac-head-physics' app was originally shared on RD?

Last edited:
Perhaps changes to custom scripts can't be shared like 'normal' NeckFX CSP implementation settings can be?
I clicked your link and selected 'apply and save', and your '... Steve Hayward' is saved as a selectable preset, but it seems like the normal CSP implementation needs to be used, not the custom script. When I selected it there was none of the 'ac-head-physics' feeling, but with more fore/aft movement, which was what I was expecting. In fact, there seemed to be none of the mid-distance stabilisation at all.

Maybe edited custom scripts can only be shared in the same way that the 'ac-head-physics' app was originally shared on RD?
There are not that many changes, maybe i can just add them here and they can be implemented manualy?

Ok, lets give this a go..........edit advanced parameters box ticked
Forward recenter time value = 0.5
Forward-Pitch Pivot value = 1
Verticle recenter time value = 0.5
Ah, thanks - yes I'm pretty sure none of these values get shared in the normal NeckFX settings sharing way (I could be wrong though!). Looks like they would need collating in the same way that the original app was.
Thanks for these, I'll have a good test with them tomorrow.
Gurkesaft did a really comprehensive job with the suite of options and adjustments, and the descriptions are orders of magnitude more useful than the default CSP descriptions.
I think the pitch axis, forward motion, and forward inertia are the ones I mainly need to focus on for my seat/belt combo. His app makes adjustments so much easier than any others I've tried.

Last edited:
I have been doing exactly the same. VR-stabilize is great for banked road sections but this new one that Masscot found does add what i feel has been missing as in g force reaction in VR.
I guess the original post where I first posted the link to the Head Physics app must have been overlooked then? Created lots of discussion, but only two 'likes'. Boo!

(Insert sad face here. Swell the violins and pass the tissues. Woe is me. Nobody loves me.😭😉😁)

Last edited:
I guess the original post where I first posted the link to the Head Physics app must have been overlooked then? Created lots of disciussion, but only two 'likes'. Boo!

(Insert sad face here. Swell the violins and pass the tissues. Woe is me. Nobody loves me.😭😉😁)
Technically I 'found' your post about the app in the same way that you 'found' the original app, so...
Next you'll be telling me that Christopher Columbus didn't discover America because yada yada yada...
;)
(in all seriousness.. many thanks again for sharing your find, I'm loving it even more after adding some surge)

Last edited:
Release:

'91 Honda Beat from Maid Cafe​

------------------------------------------

https://images.boosty.to/image/f3db4158-bc97-4f12-86db-c2e5b8b4a895?change_time=1714515904&mw=545

Be sure you have installed latest version (Current: 1.01)
Converted by Me;
Physics by VR Driving;
Model Origin - Gran Turismo 7.
Link: https://mega.nz/file/5vV2kJTZ#gOjVk6aT2d_I0PUEG5q6-TE3fVNk1E_3P4k8Wl5xBOs
Model is unencrypted, you can do whatever you want with it, only requirement - credit me :3
At your service, Maid Cafe!

Screenshot_mby_honda_beat_morsel_2-4-124-21-9-0.jpg
Screenshot_mby_honda_beat_morsel_2-4-124-21-9-16.jpg
Screenshot_mby_honda_beat_morsel_2-4-124-21-9-25.jpg

Last edited:
Random gush post because I've got warm fuzzies from my last race...

1.png

So, Nordschleife. I love this track. Decades ago, when I first started sim-racing and the first few times I tried Nords, I was like, "Why do people like this track. It's freakin' hard, man." But then at some point after many nights/weeks/months of practicing on it, the track and I flow like water. I've gotten so much better at racing in general from just practicing on Nordschliefe. I simply love it. It's like therapy. Exciting and relaxing at the same time...

There are other tracks that give me the same warm fuzzies as Nordschleife. Off the top of my head, the vintage Nords (of course) and Charade. I forgot about Charade, but it popped up on one of my custom championships and it was sublime, man...

2.png

So, I was hoping to hear from you guys about what tracks do the same for you, that you love. Hopefully someone brings up a track I don't have or haven't tried yet. Tell me what your favorite "Nord-like Experience Tracks" are. Real or fictional, doesn't matter. Just want to hear your faves.

Last edited:

View attachment 1352111

So, Nordschleife. I love this track. Decades ago, when I first started sim-racing and the first few times I tried Nords, I was like, "Why do people like this track. It's freakin' hard, man." But then at some point after many nights/weeks/months of practicing on it, the track and I flow like water. I've gotten so much better at racing in general from just practicing on Nordschliefe. I simply love it. It's like therapy. Exciting and relaxing at the same time...

There are other tracks that give me the same warm fuzzies as Nordschleife. Off the top of my head, the vintage Nords (of course) and Charade. I forgot about Charade, but it popped up on one of my custom championships and it was sublime, man...

View attachment 1352112

So, I was hoping to hear from you guys about what tracks do the same for you. Hopefully someone brings up a track I don't have or haven't tried yet. Tell me what your favorite "Nord-like Experience Tracks" are. Real or fictional, doesn't matter. Just want to hear your faves.
You almost certainly have Fat-Alfie's excellent Battenbergring, Deutschlandring, Feldbergring and Fonteny already, but they're always worth revisiting.

View attachment 1352111

View attachment 1352112

So, I was hoping to hear from you guys about what tracks do the same for you, that you love. Hopefully someone brings up a track I don't have or haven't tried yet. Tell me what your favorite "Nord-like Experience Tracks" are. Real or fictional, doesn't matter. Just want to hear your faves.
Any of doublezero's tracks. It's hard for me to hit the ideal line every lap due to the difficulty of the curves, but after I succeed, the flow is guaranteed. And yes, they're all fictive...and free on RD/Overtake.

indeed , the settings are not included NeckFX was even turned off in your shared settings ... ,
but I see you now you have shared manually... I will try that! 👍

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back