Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,905 comments
Release:

'91 Honda Beat from Maid Cafe​

------------------------------------------

https://images.boosty.to/image/f3db4158-bc97-4f12-86db-c2e5b8b4a895?change_time=1714515904&mw=545

Be sure you have installed latest version (Current: 1.01)
Converted by Me;
Physics by VR Driving;
Model Origin - Gran Turismo 7.
Link: https://mega.nz/file/5vV2kJTZ#gOjVk6aT2d_I0PUEG5q6-TE3fVNk1E_3P4k8Wl5xBOs
Model is unencrypted, you can do whatever you want with it, only requirement - credit me :3
At your service, Maid Cafe!

View attachment 1352148View attachment 1352149View attachment 1352150
Using the built-in paint shop in CM showroom, you easily can get rid of these silly license plate, just switch it to one of the presets or create your own. Did not know it is that easy.

1714679860986.png

Heh, seems Peter finally decided to support LCS for Pure after all (albeit for daytime only currently, wondering if he'll consider nighttime too) and honestly that's all I ever asked for from him, I don't think he needs to rebuild Pure from scratch just to fully support LCS as it seems from these screenshots here that the result is pretty much the same (or very close) to default WeatherFX IMO. I also wonder if custom PPFilters for Pure will seamlessly work with LCS support or modders will require to create an LCS variant for filters such as S K Y, C13Aegis and Vision GT and Reality by MaximumCustomGames for example.

Portland International Raceway (Unfinished)

rj_portland_int

This is a standalone version of the excellent Portland International Raceway done by 13X made to look the way I prefer. I take no credit for the track other than the changes I made. It's in an unfinished state at the moment, but i'm releasing it as is for now because I have to get surgery in a few days and don't know when I will be able to finish it. That means you will have to put up with a lot of imperfections. Everything is probably too dark, the grass and tree texture brightness is a bit mismatched and I never got a chance to vary the tree colors the way I had hoped too. So everything sort of looks the same. I'd also suggest you enable the CSP 'Trees receiving per-vertex shadows' option or the trees may lack shadow depth.

Credits:
Original Track: 13X
Cable fix: @Masscot
Original config I used as a base: Blamer (I think)
Updated config: @CrisT86
Additional replay cams: @CrisT86 and @DaBaeda
VAO patches: @CrisT86
Sections file : @Quikslvr

Changes I made:

-- Added animated flags, time of day and lap number to the display boards.
-- Completely changed the tree and grass textures. The trees were tough because the track uses X trees which always creates a sort of rorschach test look. I tried to hide as many as I could with Y tree variants, but you may still see some odd looking trees in a few spots.
-- Removed the blue\purple tint from the road and groove surfaces.
-- Altered the track lights to also come on when it rains.
-- Added seasonal trees via a track skin if you like that sort of thing.
-- Live jumbotron track cams via a track skin.
-- Working semaphore lights.

Maybe someone can take what i've done and make it better while i'm out of the loop for awhile. The ai needs some serious work because the sidelines are horrible. For now, it is what it is and you may or may not like it.

4.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, this looks good! I had to do the comparaison, and it looks more natural imo

Standard:
View attachment 1352190

LCS:
View attachment 1352191

Peter, you are a beast!

Heh, seems Peter finally decided to support LCS for Pure after all (albeit for daytime only currently, wondering if he'll consider nighttime too) and honestly that's all I ever asked for from him, I don't think he needs to rebuild Pure from scratch just to fully support LCS as it seems from these screenshots here that the result is pretty much the same (or very close) to default WeatherFX IMO. I also wonder if custom PPFilters for Pure will seamlessly work with LCS support or modders will require to create an LCS variant for filters such as S K Y, C13Aegis and Vision GT and Reality by MaximumCustomGames for example.
I need to rebuild Pure, but its just like an internal fork in Pure, So gamma mode is not touched. The lcs shaders have completely different inputs and there are still many problems - you see it with car interiors or track objects. So my goal is, that Pure gamma and lcs mode looking equal. and actually LCS should not be a thing for ppfilters. THose should look the same no matter if gamma or LCS shaders are used.

The confusion with the released CSP p211 was, if you switch the LCS option, you have also a completely different weather style and lighting is way more contrasty there and people think that is LCS. But this is not the case. Gamma and LCS should not look that different. The only difference it should do is like this:
1714715520261.png

No world light should be different when switching this mode. The csp release lead to a terrible illusion of what LCS actually is and in Pure 0.270 you see that it is just different in details.

ALSO: You actually cannot know, what is right or not in AC LCS<->Gamma comparison, because of the bugs with the PBR shaders and other shaders too, you don't know if the things you see are meant to be like this, or if this is a bug and thats the biggest problem right now.

So i guess it will have a decent time for the transformation and it could still lead to a 50/50 chance that people actually don't bother at all what lcs is and what it solves, because imo the CSP 0.2.3p1 gamma shaders where really ok!

Just look at this comparison:
Gamma 0.2.3p1
2024-04-25_21h26_13.png

LCS p211:
2024-04-25_21h18_58.png

Gamma p211:
2024-04-25_21h18_26.png

The comparison differs from car to car. Its realy wacky right now...

So actually for meaningful comparisons you should compare CSP 0.2.3p1 gamma and 0.2.3p211 lcs !!!

Also for comparisons, please use the same date and time settings. The differences are in the details. But a differnet sunangle leads to a way bigger difference than gamma and lcs.

For comparisons, please use the "Developer" option in weatherFX, you can switch LCS and Gamma shaders with the space bar then and you see additional information, like the AE value. For the most ppfilters you need to wait a certain time, so AE can reach its final value. Thats another point, which can lead to different results!

1714717133714.png

1714717156823.png

Last edited:
could somebody please check, if their "geo tags" function for tracks is working properly?
didn´t use it for a while but now I have some troubles on my end...
thanks!

Last edited:
Using the built-in paint shop in CM showroom, you easily can get rid of these silly license plate, just switch it to one of the presets or create your own. Did not know it is that easy.

View attachment 1352177
That's a great tip. Didn't realise it was that easy either.
My JDM fetish insists that Kei plates are yellow, though 😂
Couple of options for those who want:

Attachments

• j-kei-plates.zip
    49.6 KB · Views: 3
Release:

'91 Honda Beat from Maid Cafe​

------------------------------------------

https://images.boosty.to/image/f3db4158-bc97-4f12-86db-c2e5b8b4a895?change_time=1714515904&mw=545

Be sure you have installed latest version (Current: 1.01)
Converted by Me;
Physics by VR Driving;
Model Origin - Gran Turismo 7.
Link: https://mega.nz/file/5vV2kJTZ#gOjVk6aT2d_I0PUEG5q6-TE3fVNk1E_3P4k8Wl5xBOs
Model is unencrypted, you can do whatever you want with it, only requirement - credit me :3
At your service, Maid Cafe!

View attachment 1352148View attachment 1352149View attachment 1352150

View attachment 1352177

That's a great tip. Didn't realise it was that easy either.
My JDM fetish insists that Kei plates are yellow, though 😂
Couple of options for those who want:
Delete Plate_D.dds from the skins folder so it is not a strange license plate.
preview.jpg

It's release Friday! :)

This time with the release of the 98th track Maikita Roads.

Maikita Roads released!

This old fashioned NFS styled fantasy track was made by ceSniper for rFactor in 2012. It was converted to Assetto Corsa by Rainmaker.

Features:
-competitive AI
-replay cameras by DaBaeda
-working track map
-support for hot lap mode
-support for time attack mode
-24 pit boxes with working pit lane
-RainFX, water shader
-vao patch
-night lights with working reflectors for the guardrails

To Rebellion: Now the shadows are correctly set :-)

Get always the latest versions here:

bgr05.jpg
bgr03.jpg
bgr04.jpg
bgr06.jpg
bgr08.jpg

Road to 100 logo.png

This is the 98th track released.​

Good question, one of the myriad setting that has no obvious effect. I would like to know as well.
It just means that your HMD display will also be shown (mirrored) on your monitor.
The UI explanation could be a lot clearer, but that goes for almost all UI descriptions in Content Manager. Quite a few of them are obtuse to the point of being misleading.
@jac0

Last edited:
São Paulo ePrix v1.0
The São Paulo Street Circuit is a street circuit in São Paulo, Brazil which hosted the São Paulo Indy 300 from 2010 to 2013, and the São Paulo ePrix since 2023. (Wikipedia)

Screenshot_ks_mazda_rx7_tuned_sao_paulo_eprix_3-4-124-19-27-46.jpg

Conversion from rFactor2.

-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Original Track by Garitt Gibsn and Errol Prefet
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Leo_J.

Me likes! Hope this will work on AC Vanila out of the box? As I have no other...
Took a few of yours for a spin, some do work, some don't (unfortunately).

Perhaps something with ABS? Can you try and disable ABS on the car in the setup menu and try again? Sometimes ABS (and TC) cause some cars to be undrivable.
Hello Teddie,

Hope your holding up finest.
Apologies for belated answer on your suggestions.

Took ABS and TC down in set-up and this worked! Thanks Teddie!
(Downside now is, I have to improve on my driving skills, as without those aids...) :-)

Miami Bayside v2.0 release

Screenshot_drm5_380rs_acu_miami-bayside_3-5-124-17-18-44.jpgScreenshot_drm5_380rs_acu_miami-bayside_3-5-124-17-21-14.jpgScreenshot_drm5_380rs_acu_miami-bayside_3-5-124-17-20-22.jpgScreenshot_drm5_380rs_acu_miami-bayside_3-5-124-17-28-58.jpgScreenshot_drm5_380rs_acu_miami-bayside_3-5-124-17-22-34.jpgScreenshot_drm5_380rs_acu_miami-bayside_3-5-124-17-19-7.jpgScreenshot_drm5_380rs_acu_miami-bayside_3-5-124-17-24-0.jpg

LINK UPDATED
Sorry folks, spotted a transparency error with the s/f gantry.

Originally converted from Need For Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed by ACU & LSM.
Updated to v2.0 April 2024, including contributions by (in no particular order):
  • Climax F1: major texture overhaul and additions, plus new lighting and Grass FX configs (full skin available at Race Department/Overtake).
  • The Usual Suspects: camera-facing crowds; VAO patch; various tree/gantry/adboard clashes fixed; building window lighting added; start/finish gantry added; grandstand screen fixed; z-fighting fixed; various other fixes.
  • Mascot: animated flag-waving spectators, balloons, blimp, helicopters, jets and airliners; crowd/pits audio & flares; bandstand lights and audio; CSP flag sponsor skins; many ClimaxF1 textures baked in, many sponsor texture replacements/filters; fixed flashing turn signals; some truck textures changed to fix symmetry issues; new preview pics; Kaseya Center entrance sign changed to 'Miami Heat'; various tree artefact fixes; various shader adjustments.
  • Fanapryde: sections files and loading logo.
  • Shi: CSP flags added to flagpoles with unique flag skins.
  • lux3y: groove adjustments and fixes.
  • Nukedrop: skyring lights.
  • Various: config compiled and refined by several members and from several sources, including comprehensive Rain FX config by Zuno Toto.

Last edited:
It really does. But i am curious if i even can see big difference in full motion while driving :confused:

Think it is only a notable in monitor looks, while for VR it’s maybe more of a magnifying glass improvement, the only visible effect you see clearly are the FPS drops.
Ground fog of the Pure2,70 could be interesting for VR users, in hiding shimmering on objects in the distance like fences or the side railings in the Kunos Nordschleife track.

hello dear friends
I have a borderline problem. I added Android Auto to the mode in the photo, but the image looks upside down. How can I fix this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_porsche991carrera_gts_ks_zandvoort_3-4-124-19-42-17.png
    Screenshot_porsche991carrera_gts_ks_zandvoort_3-4-124-19-42-17.png
    245.8 KB · Views: 2
can I draw attention here to a question I posed in the Assetto Corsa VR thread ? Or is that not allow?

and since we're off-topic: did you guys hear that EA WRC got native VR support? And it is on sale in Steam (-60%!) till May 13.
(now I'm really rocking the boat, it's not about AC anymore... ok I'll stop);)
Yeah I saw that a couple of days ago. Had been waiting for VR to drop before buying it, and it’s now the price of a large pizza, with a ton of livery mods available on RD/OT.
I don’t play online, so those mods are perfect for me.

Last edited:
Sorry folks, spotted a transparency error with the s/f gantry at Miami Bayside.
New link:

If you downloaded before this message, download again OR add this to the end of the main config:
Code:
;s/f gantry fix
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= S/F GANTRY FIX
MESHES= gen_ambush_g_fr_loda_SUB0
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_TEST
IS_TRANSPARENT = 0

Last edited:
Release avalanche today, but I'd say the biggest news is a "preview" build of the ACC N24H is here. Released by Fenryr, unsurprisingly.

Visually, it is very rough and has a long way to go. Shading/VAO is super basic, there is no track graffiti (pretty easy to get lost in no-mans-land Sector 3 without it) and the environmental textures are atrocious. But it's here, and in a semi-functional state.

Hopefully he reaches out for help if he needs it - as I've said before, unlike the majority here, I'm a fan of his (semi) finished products and value his place in the community.

Last edited:
F2 2024 mod (WIP)

1714764885588.png

*Helmet and suit in this video done by https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/prema-f2-2024-andrea-kimi-antonelli-rss-2-v6-2020.67967/

The estimated date of release might be mid of this month, or late.

It won't be the best mod for sure, but it's something while we have to wait RSS to launch their F2 or until people rip it from Codemasters F1 24 video game (maybe in October 😅)

Everything is WIP and it's subject to changes to the final version.

1714764904251.png
1714764913754.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back