Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,919 comments
Miami Bayside v2.0 release

View attachment 1352469View attachment 1352475View attachment 1352473View attachment 1352472View attachment 1352471View attachment 1352470View attachment 1352474

LINK UPDATED
Sorry folks, spotted a transparency error with the s/f gantry.

Originally converted from Need For Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed by ACU & LSM.
Updated to v2.0 April 2024, including contributions by (in no particular order):
  • Climax F1: major texture overhaul and additions, plus new lighting and Grass FX configs (full skin available at Race Department/Overtake).
  • The Usual Suspects: camera-facing crowds; VAO patch; various tree/gantry/adboard clashes fixed; building window lighting added; start/finish gantry added; grandstand screen fixed; z-fighting fixed; various other fixes.
  • Mascot: animated flag-waving spectators, balloons, blimp, helicopters, jets and airliners; crowd/pits audio & flares; bandstand lights and audio; CSP flag sponsor skins; many ClimaxF1 textures baked in, many sponsor texture replacements/filters; fixed flashing turn signals; some truck textures changed to fix symmetry issues; new preview pics; Kaseya Center entrance sign changed to 'Miami Heat'; various tree artefact fixes; various shader adjustments.
  • Fanapryde: sections files and loading logo.
  • Shi: CSP flags added to flagpoles with unique flag skins.
  • lux3y: groove adjustments and fixes.
  • Nukedrop: skyring lights.
  • Various: config compiled and refined by several members and from several sources, including comprehensive Rain FX config by Zuno Toto.

What has been kept from ClimaxF1's skin? Is it still necessary to go download the skin from RD, or has the majority of it been folded into the track proper?

Huge fan of this track in Porsche cup cars - although the AI could use a look in Sector 1, from my remembrance they frequently hit the wall/go over the grass in turns 6 and 8 (may do this myself at some point). Cheers for what looks to be a massive update. I'll give it a spin this weekend.

F2 2024 mod (WIP)

View attachment 1352504

*Helmet and suit in this video done by https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/prema-f2-2024-andrea-kimi-antonelli-rss-2-v6-2020.67967/

The estimated date of release might be mid of this month, or late.

It won't be the best mod for sure, but it's something while we have to wait RSS to launch their F2 or until people rip it from Codemasters F1 24 video game (maybe in October 😅)

Everything is WIP and it's subject to changes to the final version.

RSS fan base is the worst **** that happened to AC modding, only that you are just not ready for this conversation.

What do you mean by that?

In the traditional month of the INDY 500, here is the link to an adaptation of the Lotus 29-Ford / Indy 500 '63 to play with the car by Legion.

Always remembering, nothing is 100% perfect, but the car is playable and due to the changes in the "DATA" folder it has a lap time/average comparable to that year.

Average speed = approximately 150 mph

LOTUS 29 + driver ( driver_no_hanky )

Jim Clark / Lotus

Dan Gurney / Lotus

AJ Foyt / with adapted skin

Parnelli Jones / original skin

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 4
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 3
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 3
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 3
X90
What has been kept from ClimaxF1's skin? Is it still necessary to go download the skin from RD, or has the majority of it been folded into the track proper?

Huge fan of this track in Porsche cup cars - although the AI could use a look in Sector 1, from my remembrance they frequently hit the wall/go over the grass in turns 6 and 8 (may do this myself at some point). Cheers for what looks to be a massive update. I'll give it a spin this weekend.
Off the top of my head, the things we didn't use were some of the adboards, the large draped 'Miami Heat' banners and large vertical boards. All of his environment textures were used I think, plus his GrassFX config, plus the track lighting config.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1714766055.png
    __custom_showroom_1714766055.png
    106.5 KB · Views: 7
  • __custom_showroom_1714766094.png
    __custom_showroom_1714766094.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 7
  • __custom_showroom_1714766118.png
    __custom_showroom_1714766118.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_mini_cooper_s_2005_angleseynew_3-4-124-21-27-48.jpg
    Screenshot_mini_cooper_s_2005_angleseynew_3-4-124-21-27-48.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_mini_cooper_s_2005_angleseynew_3-4-124-21-32-40.jpg
    Screenshot_mini_cooper_s_2005_angleseynew_3-4-124-21-32-40.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_mini_cooper_s_2005_angleseynew_3-4-124-21-33-30.jpg
    Screenshot_mini_cooper_s_2005_angleseynew_3-4-124-21-33-30.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_mini_cooper_s_2005_angleseynew_3-4-124-21-33-59.jpg
    Screenshot_mini_cooper_s_2005_angleseynew_3-4-124-21-33-59.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_mini_cooper_s_2005_angleseynew_3-4-124-21-34-4.jpg
    Screenshot_mini_cooper_s_2005_angleseynew_3-4-124-21-34-4.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
In the traditional month of the INDY 500, here is the link to an adaptation of the Lotus 29-Ford / Indy 500 '63 to play with the car by Legion.

Always remembering, nothing is 100% perfect, but the car is playable and due to the changes in the "DATA" folder it has a lap time/average comparable to that year.

Average speed = approximately 150 mph

LOTUS 29 + driver ( driver_no_hanky )

Jim Clark / Lotus

Dan Gurney / Lotus

AJ Foyt / with adapted skin

Parnelli Jones / original skin

thank you very much

Portland International Raceway (Unfinished)

rj_portland_int

This is a standalone version of the excellent Portland International Raceway done by 13X made to look the way I prefer. I take no credit for the track other than the changes I made. It's in an unfinished state at the moment, but i'm releasing it as is for now because I have to get surgery in a few days and don't know when I will be able to finish it. That means you will have to put up with a lot of imperfections. Everything is probably too dark, the grass and tree texture brightness is a bit mismatched and I never got a chance to vary the tree colors the way I had hoped too. So everything sort of looks the same. I'd also suggest you enable the CSP 'Trees receiving per-vertex shadows' option or the trees may lack shadow depth.

Credits:
Original Track: 13X
Cable fix: @Masscot
Original config I used as a base: Blamer (I think)

Changes I made:

-- Added animated flags, time of day and lap number to the display boards.
-- Completely changed the tree and grass textures. The trees were tough because the track uses X trees which always creates a sort of rorschach test look. I tried to hide as many as I could with Y tree variants, but you may still see some odd looking trees in a few spots.
-- Removed the blue\purple tint from the road and groove surfaces.
-- Altered the track lights to also come on when it rains.
-- Added seasonal trees via a track skin if you like that sort of thing.

Maybe someone can take what i've done and make it better while i'm out of the loop for awhile. The ai needs some serious work because the sidelines are horrible. For now, it is what it is and you may or may not like it.

View attachment 1352230
Link has been updated with one quick fix while I still can. It's only for people who like to use the Seasonal Trees skin. The fall and spring treewall textures lacked shadow depth between the trees. This should help a little. Also, @CrisT86 will be going over my config file at some point and making improvements so he may release an updated config for me when he's finished. Knowing him, there will probably be some added replay cams as well.

Last edited:
Works OK here...
Hello,

As @Masscot wrote and related, It’s not OK here, the car won’t load too.

By the way, I wanna made my own previews in CM and I got encrypted pictures.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the work, I still waiting to buy the VRC one which the release was announced by a "soon" since… one week !

Cheers.

Edit
OK, It seems the car has to be reloaded and It's OK now.

Edit 2
The VRC is released and available now, I just bought it, let's go !

Last edited:
Hello,

As @Masscot wrote and related, It’s not OK here, the car won’t load too.

By the way, I wanna made my own previews in CM and I got encrypted pictures.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the work, I still waiting to buy the VRC one which the release was announced by a "soon" since… one week !

Cheers.

Edit
OK, It seems the car has to be reloaded.
As yourself, I too want my own previews. Made them for this car without problems.

Just fantastic!
I would like to present a new project,: a Jidé 1600 S from 1970 (160/170 bhp for 630 kg). I just finished the exterior, I hope you like this car! And that AC will still exist when I finish it!

That's gorgeous, looking forward to that immensely, looks like it'd be great fun to race Vs Elans and the like.

Link has been updated with one quick fix while I still can. It's only for people who like to use the Seasonal Trees skin. The fall and spring treewall textures lacked shadow depth between the trees. This should help a little. Also, @CrisT86 will be going over my config file at some point and making improvements so he may release an updated config for me when he's finished. Knowing him, there will probably be some added replay cams as well.
Basically i will take the update i did (more than 1.5?? years ago on the release made by 13X. I dont' even remember to be honest, i made too much configs over the years :lol:), i will update it from scratch in order to integrate the new CSP features and the great work from @racinjoe013.

Anybody knows if a fix for the floating tarmac at the Salzubrgring exists ? Track is nice and all but it's kinda weird lol.

View attachment 1349840
The exact same question was in my mind 2 days agoView attachment 1349869
Fixed floating groove in Salzburgring.
Feel free to use it.
Overwrites existing files. (ext_config.ini and groove.ini)

Download (mediafire)
@interminded
The best Salzburgring is the "AC Trackreboot" version updated by "Legion"

with the AI update by "KevinK2" or "F_B" (just test both versions)

the graphics updates by "Delta7Fox"

new track camera by "safie hellie"

and a new extension config by Sliderman.

If you have not installed it, there are links to Track and skins.
----------------------------------------------
Hi gents,
Alpina B6 3.5s 1988:
View attachment 1349773
260hp, 346Nm, 250km/h, 0-100 5.5s

Original model: kunos

Engine manufacturer: BMW M30B34, naturally aspirated
Transmission type: Getrag manual 5 speed

Performance and data:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1986/286670/alpina_b6_3_5.html#gsc.tab=0
https://zeperfs.com/fiche960-alpina-b6-3-5-s.htm

Colors:
https://colorndrive.com/en/touch-up-paint/bmw-alpina-b6

The B6 3.5S kept the BMW emblem on trunk and hood but got Alpina rims

DOWNLOAD:
https://mega.nz/file/M4tESRTL#9tFXyHjQ74CXuQt0HCrKwedepFSvbsA0_qfVpFKWCSI

Have fun, Mike
Thank you.

To add the CSP config;

Copy bmw_m3_e30.ini in assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\loaded.
Rename it to ext_config.ini.
Create an extension folder in alpina_b6_35s.
Put ext_config.ini in it.

Last edited:
Miami Bayside v2.0 release

View attachment 1352469View attachment 1352475View attachment 1352473View attachment 1352472View attachment 1352471View attachment 1352470View attachment 1352474

LINK UPDATED
Sorry folks, spotted a transparency error with the s/f gantry.

Originally converted from Need For Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed by ACU & LSM.
Updated to v2.0 April 2024, including contributions by (in no particular order):
  • Climax F1: major texture overhaul and additions, plus new lighting and Grass FX configs (full skin available at Race Department/Overtake).
  • The Usual Suspects: camera-facing crowds; VAO patch; various tree/gantry/adboard clashes fixed; building window lighting added; start/finish gantry added; grandstand screen fixed; z-fighting fixed; various other fixes.
  • Mascot: animated flag-waving spectators, balloons, blimp, helicopters, jets and airliners; crowd/pits audio & flares; bandstand lights and audio; CSP flag sponsor skins; many ClimaxF1 textures baked in, many sponsor texture replacements/filters; fixed flashing turn signals; some truck textures changed to fix symmetry issues; new preview pics; Kaseya Center entrance sign changed to 'Miami Heat'; various tree artefact fixes; various shader adjustments.
  • Fanapryde: sections files and loading logo.
  • Shi: CSP flags added to flagpoles with unique flag skins.
  • lux3y: groove adjustments and fixes.
  • Nukedrop: skyring lights.
  • Various: config compiled and refined by several members and from several sources, including comprehensive Rain FX config by Zuno Toto.

Very well made track. Compliments !!
One question, is there a way to lower the audience volume? Thank you !!

Also unable to launch the Ferrari 499P, I get a message saying:
Car requires a newer version of CSP
your build: 2501
required build > 2744

For the record I use: 0.1.80-preview346.
2744 is patch version 0.2.2 (latest public release). You need to update to use the car as it has been version locked in the car.ini

I got a new PC this week and transferred all my old replays to the replays folder on my boot drive but for some reason the majority of them show up like this. I can load and play the replays with the error but there's no thumbnail information or anything else on the replay page for these. Not sure how to fix.
1714830075817.png

Finally bought the VRC 9T8, installed the non-CSP version and... I've got no sounds and the stwheel display doesn't work ? Lmao

Installed it manually, too. Maybe should've installed it through CM ?

Edit : I do have sounds, the bloody car is stuck in EV sound mode for some reason.

Last edited:
I got a new PC this week and transferred all my old replays to the replays folder on my boot drive but for some reason the majority of them show up like this. I can load and play the replays with the error but there's no thumbnail information or anything else on the replay page for these. Not sure how to fix.
View attachment 1352647
HINT/TIP:
Ensure the following (vital) directory folders have also been copied to your new PC. Also check your CM Settings - it all should work OK (close & restart CM for it to take proper effect). All the best!

...\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager
...\Documents\Assetto Corsa

AcTools Content Manager.png

Assetto Corsa.png

Settings_Content Manager_Replays.png

EDIT
If the results to the above steps remain ineffective, then close CM, empty the directory-folder ...\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Temporary\Replay Details

Open CM, go to the Media section, and your replay information ought to re-appear (give it a bit of time to re-populate).

Last edited:
Amazing work! Just one note... IMHO... too flames!

View attachment 1352537

Maybe because I'm not a fan of flames, but.... honestly, I never seen that on a 499p. 😌

and now you have! That's the beautiful thing about assetto corsa, right? (that you can have stuff you don't see irl... ;)

Here is how you lower it for you:

View attachment 1352641
I tried it now as well , because those flames are always prominently visible in the rearview monitor and that's disturbing.
But the car crashes after data is unpacked/altered & repacked... must be protected somehow.

Hello everybody !

Finally !

The Ferrari 499P was release !

You can grab the car here for free !

View attachment 1352511

Have fun on track !
Could you please take care of the floating texts on the digital instruments? (and make the flames less prominent/long, prefferably so they do not appear in the rear monitor as out of nowhere?)

For the rest , this is a super great mod imho!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back