Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132,517 comments
I have a good friend who is an absolutely car maniac and good driver but he has nothing to do with gaming .

I tried to convince him million times to try simracing and I let him drive several times.
Unfortunately driving AC he says for him it has nothing to do with real car driving m :(

Incomprehensibly while driving AMS2 he says that’s much closer to the real thing 😡
reading these comments about real drivers saying AC has nothing to do with real driving is rather interesting.

I know a number of real world drivers use sims like AC or Iracing. Some top level drivers, like Shane VanGisbergen (3 time v8 supercar champ, bathurst winner, gt3 racer, currently in Xfinity and some Nascar races) uses PC simulation to get some practise in. Scott McLaughlin is a big fan of sim racing too. When the Tatuus FT-60 was being tested for AC, real world drivers tested the mod on tracks the cars raced at and they remarked at how close to the real thing it was, if you ignore you dont get that g force feeling. at the end of the day, unless the mod creators have access to actual data from the cars (current F1 cars I cant see that happening) it's all down to guess work, and even with technical data sheets, it's near impossible to get the cars 100% accurate due to how the physics engine makes calculations and trying to work out how the real world data translates to the calculating method in game.. Most of us will never know what it is like to drive a current f1 car, and like was said above, most of us wouldnt get it out of the garage, let alone out of pitlane.
End of the day, these sims are games, not the real world. We do it for fun, arguing about which is the best mod or which is real is pointless and really detracts from the entire meaning of the word FUN.

Incredible list, but could you also consider to convert Datsun 280ZX GTX IMSA from Pcars ?

Thanks
preview.jpg

preview.jpg
preview.jpg

preview.jpg

These ?

(not Geroda's or LTK's, all mine)

Last edited:
reading these comments about real drivers saying AC has nothing to do with real driving is rather interesting.

I know a number of real world drivers use sims like AC or Iracing. Some top level drivers, like Shane VanGisbergen (3 time v8 supercar champ, bathurst winner, gt3 racer, currently in Xfinity and some Nascar races) uses PC simulation to get some practise in. Scott McLaughlin is a big fan of sim racing too. When the Tatuus FT-60 was being tested for AC, real world drivers tested the mod on tracks the cars raced at and they remarked at how close to the real thing it was, if you ignore you dont get that g force feeling. at the end of the day, unless the mod creators have access to actual data from the cars (current F1 cars I cant see that happening) it's all down to guess work, and even with technical data sheets, it's near impossible to get the cars 100% accurate due to how the physics engine makes calculations and trying to work out how the real world data translates to the calculating method in game.. Most of us will never know what it is like to drive a current f1 car, and like was said above, most of us wouldnt get it out of the garage, let alone out of pitlane.
End of the day, these sims are games, not the real world. We do it for fun, arguing about which is the best mod or which is real is pointless and really detracts from the entire meaning of the word FUN.
My comment was just a side note.

I don’t really care if a car feels close to real or not. Important is I have fun driving it and I can feel what the car is doing.

Another side note: since I switched to a direct Drive Wheel VRC is my no. 1 in terms of physics/ffb
RSS felt on same lvl before m, but no more now

Incomprehensibly while driving AMS2 he says that’s much closer to the real thing 😡
I do not find it "incomprehensible", it does not match my impression, but I understand it. We, "advanced" sim/racing game user, are sensible to fine differences that the general population, real race driver or just normal driver, are not sensible to.
Since, at this time, no SIM is even close to really simulate what it is to drive a car, even a very normal car, let alone a rocket ship like a F1, the subtilties, important to us, are not to them, not even apparent. Arguing on what is best is useless, as none are really that good, there is what we prefer, judging from our perspective, our expectation and trough the gear we use, that is it.
Important is I have fun driving it and I can feel what the car is doing
That is the only thing that matters, have fun.
We have choices, play only one sim, play all of them, certain mods, all the mods. The only important opinion is our own. No one is wrong (or right).
Relax everybody, enjoy our great hobby, keep sharing resources, help each other.
Tolerance and accepting differences will go a long way to keep us all happy. :cheers:

... My brother-in-law has done a fair share of actual racing. And he refuses to drive my simulator, even if I buy him beer...
Mother of beautiful Love! Another assignment for the hitman... 😭

(NOTE TO SELF: stop making hitman jokes already).
...Incomprehensibly while driving AMS2 he says that’s much closer to the real thing 😡
(EDITED: to add NivekBS's friend to the assignment).

Last edited:
As for the middle car, there's a GT7 model of it which finally got dumped weeks ago, hope you're capable of converting it to AC as it requires mesh smoothing and booleaning all around it as with all GT models in general.
Oh no I definitely ain't capable of that lmao. I leave it to the good modders, not me tinkering with FM and PC models in my corner

Totally smooth on my system like csps before
A question for anyone who is running the latest CSP build (0.2.4 Preview 1) with LCS on, along with PURE:

I seem to have a really substantial drop in FPS with this latest CSP build. Is anyone else experiencing that?

There's one thing that is preventing me from installing the new CSP preview build, in the 0.2.3p211 build there was the black screen bug that happened after starting a race, someone already knows if this was fixed with the new preview?
I'm having the same problem. After black sceen for 1 or 2 seconds it goes back to game, but Esc button dosen't work anymore and I must Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of game. Any ideas?

I wasn't trying to be rude. My point was this: I assume that you, like the rest of us here, are a casual gamer/simracer. If a casual gamer can do similar laptimes in the car as the professional F1 drivers, the car obviously does not perform the same. I'm pretty confident that the professional F1 drivers are the only ones in the entire world that can actually do the laptimes they do in a real F1 car.

Driving a real F1 car on a real F1 track will obviously be the benchmark for realism.

If AC was 100% realistic, I mean so realistic that Max Verstappen himself wasn't able to tell the difference between driving the real car and playing the game, it probably wouldn't be much fun for most of us, because it would be too complicated and difficult.

And we wouldn't be able to do laptimes even remotely close to what the professional drivers do.

I remember seeing a car celebrity trying an F1 car for the first time in his life, and he was absolutely no rookie with cars. He was barely able to take it around the track because it was so hard to manage.

I also play DCS on a regular basis, which is generally known for being one of the most accurate combat flight simulations available for consumers. It is so complicated that I'm not sure if I can call it fun. Satisfying, absolutely, but fun? Not sure. And can I do even remotely what the professional combat pilots do? By no measure!

Repeat my point: Being able to match real laptimes is no benchmark of realism, often rather the opposite.

And disagreeing isn't the same as trolling.
On the King's defense. I also agree that the RTT's rendition of the F1 mods are pretty good. I own both VRC and RSS complete library, and they're really high quality mods, most likely the highest in AC. Having said that, for me personally where the RTT F1 mods have an upper hand over the VRC and RSS rendition is in the handling and feeling (maybe it is a subjective thing?) maybe the King and I have the same taste, I am sure we're not the only ones. I find myself driving the RTT mod more lately than my previous favorite (VRC). Where VRC and RSS beats RTT IMO is in the features of the car and all the fine details that they put in, but at the end of the day for me it comes down to feeling; when I drive the RTT I just feel connected to the road and just enjoy it.

I don't agree on the laptimes argument. Rememenber we're driving a digital car in a simulator which allows us to push the car way more without any consequences. If you push too hard the most it could happen is that you crash the pixel car and all you need to do is reset and presto. A lot of people dedicate hours upon hours drvinig these digital cars which of course translate into insane laptimes even beating real life records. So the laptimes argument could go either way. A sim driver will by no means push the car in real life the same way he pushes it in the sim; therefore he will be much slower in real life, alternately a real life driver may suck at sim racing and be crushed by someone who has put a lot of hours behind the cockpit.

IMO the one from f302, though it's the early version from like 1995, for the newer one that later competed in GT1 class there is only the GTR2 model from like gtsupreme, maybe it can get the T400R treatment in the future
I am convinced that with a little patience most old models can be improved and brought to new life. Maybe yes, one day (me or anyone who wants to take care of it). :cheers:

darn, I did a stupid thing and updated CSP (in order to be able to run the new IER P13b) and also Meta software (to v65)
at the same time (without trying AC in between) :banghead:

Now my AC is no longer rendering in Oculus mode...
Also I see a window from SteamVR saying a component of SteamVR is not functioning correctly.
Before I believe it didn't use SteamVR (rather Oculus Dash)...

So now I don't know is it the new Oculus update, the CSP update or SteamVR that is at fault...

Anyone same issue w Quest Link and was able to fix? Thanks in advance!

darn, I did a stupid thing and updated CSP (in order to be able to run the new IER P13b) and also Meta software (to v65)
at the same time (without trying AC in between) :banghead:

Now my AC is no longer rendering in Oculus mode...
Also I see a window from SteamVR saying a component of SteamVR is not functioning correctly.
Before I believe it didn't use SteamVR (rather Oculus Dash)...

So now I don't know is it the new Oculus update, the CSP update or SteamVR that is at fault...

Anyone same issue w Quest Link and was able to fix? Thanks in advance!
Does it work again with the older CSP version?

I am convinced that with a little patience most old models can be improved and brought to new life. Maybe yes, one day (me or anyone who wants to take care of it). :cheers:
I was mostly impressed with the number of skins that car has, like everything from 1997-2002, so watching your work with TVR made me think that maybe the model could be improved around the edges (headlights, rearlights, exhaust, interior details...), so it's still usable in AC... or maybe just RSS to make one for GT pack ;)
Anyway, also looking forward to your interesting projects, that Matech Ford was my go-to car in Shift 2

As for the middle car, there's a GT7 model of it which finally got dumped weeks ago, hope you're capable of converting it to AC as it requires mesh smoothing and booleaning all around it as with all GT models in general.
Can I ask what the reason is that the GT7 models requires booleaning? I understand mesh smoothing, but usually when I use boolean it's just to cut out pieces of other complex meshes. What operand parameter is used, is it for combining instead of subtracting? Just trying to learn more about the AC modding process as I'm starting to dabble a bit more.

hi, I'm trying to add a digital mirror to the Saleen made by RSS with the CSP ext_config but it's not working. The texture is called 'mirror.dds' like the pipeline says. Is it possible to make it work? If so, how?

here is the code in the ext_config:

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = shadow_v8.kn5
HIDE =
INSERT = mirror.kn5
INSERT_IN = COCKPIT_HR
; Options to transform inserted model:
SCALE = 1,1,1
ROTATION = 0, 0, 0
OFFSET = 0, 0, 0

61741e23-57b9-415c-a751-87ba7941d8c3.png

Dude, why search for bad pizello mod when there is a perfect autopolis already on overtake.
Because PieZello's is a direct rip of the PCARS 2 version. Whether you consider it more or less accurate is up to you, but the mesh for PieZello's Autopolis was done by Slightly Mad themselves.

It is a good conversion worth having, with good visuals and quality AI - and it doesn't have the ludicrous amount of 3D trees Mike08's version does.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back